Photo

Just to be an ass, anyone want to work together on a project?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

No you cannot. BWL Council agrees my decision, my decision reflects their as well. So you know their viewpoint.
And no you didn't just post what the mod did. You posted DETAILS of it, and introduced them in a negative, and provocative context as well. The mod forum moderator, the mod's author, ASKED everyone not to post spoilers. You contradicted the request of a local forum moderator, which is against BWL Terms of Use.
In one of your former posts at BWL, you said that "Terms of Use were bugged". Terms of Use also clearly says that if you don't agree, you can not use the forum service of BWL. This is generally accepted policy that users who use the forum accept the ToU. You doesn't seem to be accepting it, so your forum access can be blocked per the Terms of Use.
Instead of doing something useful, do you have to spend your time on forums... I pity you (and others) who cares about bans, debates, forums, internets... Don't forget, your life should be more important than this.
Law, chaos, mystery... interesting plot and dangerous battles... new enemies - and new friends. -- some new fun in BG1Tutu: In Candlelight

#22 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

No you cannot. BWL Council agrees my decision, my decision reflects their as well. So you know their viewpoint.

And do they know that?

And no you didn't just post what the mod did. You posted DETAILS of it

Ah, my fatal mistake.

The mod forum moderator, the mod's author, ASKED everyone not to post spoilers. You contradicted the request of a local forum moderator, which is against BWL Terms of Use.

Yet I subsequently added the information to my sig. This was also removed, in spite of its not being localized in the moderator's designated forum. Does this imply, therefore, that individual forum moderators in fact determine policy for the entire BlackWyrm forum rather than only their own mod boards? In this case, I would like to request hosting for Mang0's Hip-Hop Mod.

In one of your former posts at BWL

"Former posts" meaning that the bulk of the thread is, alas, no longer with us.

This is generally accepted policy that users who use the forum accept the ToU. You doesn't seem to be accepting it, so your forum access can be blocked per the Terms of Use.

Writing silly things in your Terms of Use does not make them less silly.

Instead of doing something useful, do you have to spend your time on forums... I pity you (and others) who cares about bans, debates, forums, internets... Don't forget, your life should be more important than this.

Yes, I am in absolutely no doubt that your life is vastly more fulfilling than my own.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#23 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Sorry, I just had to. :P

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#24 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

.... (lots of good thiings, edited down to make this post shorter)

XD

You know, I used to repect the hell out of you mate. You run a good forum, TGC is a great mod.

I lost a lot of repect for you when you supported a mod designed to kill/destroy/make obsolete ... I mean "replace" an existing and well loved mod. Lost even more when you got wishy-washy toward the end of the questions thread.

I still respect you somewhat. Your modding skills are still far beyond mine. :)

I will take back my striked comment about how you two complimented each other, that was a little over the top. Blame lack of sleep and me being out of caffene... allthough me being an asshole might be closer to the truth. :whistling:

I'm not going to fix er... remake the mod, don't worry. It is a waste of time and energy. I'll just wait for it to go the way of the dodo like many .iap mods that require install orders instead. It is definatley not worth my time and/or energy. I'll stick to making crappy mods everyone hates instead. :D

I should probably end this post, I am sure I have been little more then an embarassment to the rest of the SHS staff as of late.

- Note, MTS does not speak for the entire SHS staff, and his view do not represent thier views. ;)

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#25 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:32 AM

I'm not going to fix er... remake the mod, don't worry. It is a waste of time and energy.

The mod is worked on for compatibility already. Just in case anyone is interested. Therefore, for me the whole thing took an acceptable turn.

SimDing0: You asked for council member viewpoints. I can't say anything to that, but being heavily integrated into the BWL forum all I can do is complain to Baronius that I don't agree to all of his actions. :)

#26 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:10 AM

SimDing0: to close our endless-looking discussion (from my side), I would like to give a short summary of the motivation of my moderation decisions, regarding your posts.
Your first deleted posts in Sikret's thread might have not been arrogant or such, but Sikret deleted them, because you did something he requested everyone not to do. (Telling details about his mod; and commenting them.) It was Sikret's decision, it is his forum after all. The point I decided to interfere from, is when you didn't respect his moderator requests, and tried to avoid his circle of authority by editing your signature -- you knew that he can't access your account. This is unacceptable at BWL. Regardless what you think of our ToU, the Terms of Use are applied on you when you're using Black Wyrm Lair's forum service.
Someone posted today to me "come on, everyone knows SimDing always acts like that. Why to react?". Because it's a mod forum, the moderator/mod author requested something, and no matter if it's you or someone else, moderator and administrator decisions have compulsory scope.

MTS:

I lost a lot of repect for you when you supported a mod designed to kill/destroy/make obsolete ... I mean "replace" an existing and well loved mod. Lost even more when you got wishy-washy toward the end of the questions thread.

I have two remarks here:
(1) I defended Sikret, because there were certain points where I agreed with him; the much more important reason is that he had to face loads of negative posts; and no one gave him time to actually consider these suggestions; people started to get more and more demanding.

(2) when you supported a mod designed to kill/destroy/make obsolete ...
A mod designed to kill/destroy a well loved mod? Are you sure what you're telling? Consider another point of view:

1) A player, with some modding skills, isn't satisfied with IU. He thinks he can make a better one.
2) He decides to make one to replace it. Since it's a mod that upgrades many SAME items as IU, they can't be compatible, this is logical! But this is not a problem: players can choose between IU and IA. E.g. one game with IU, another one with IA.
3) He likes his own mod (usually we all like our own mods, that is why we create them), and decides to share it with the public. He tells his personal opinion about his own mod. We're all biased a bit when we talk about our own mod (wife, husband, dog, ...) , aren't we?
4) As a (formerly) starter modder, he couldn't think of every little moment. He is reminded that IDS file overwriting is not necessary. He listens to the advise and changes the mod's package according to it.
5) He is reminded about other compatibility issues. He has a viewpoint. He has right to have one. People become more and more demanding, some people politely, some people less politely. (Especially) by a new modder, loads of (real or putative) 'attacks' are not appreciated; he doesn't have time to consider the more useful ones from the suggestions, because he is busy with defence. How can you think soberly when you're alone and many people are against your opinion? In case of strong characters, this results in defence.
6) At the moment, he is working on compatibility. And not because 'SimDing0 started to act "silly"' (I'm quoting Sim). After this, does the mod deserve judgements such as
"I'm sure that "IU-killers" will follow the same way, but if someone want to try it - why not, it's their own time they spend, not yours. Just ignore it, like all decent people do :D"
I think prejudice is not nice.

jastey:
You resigned the BWL Council because you couldn't identify with the policy represented by me, and this is okay. We're different, so we have different opinion, and that's okay. :)

Edited by Baronius, 09 April 2006 - 05:13 AM.

Law, chaos, mystery... interesting plot and dangerous battles... new enemies - and new friends. -- some new fun in BG1Tutu: In Candlelight

#27 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

I'd like to offer my apologies to those offended by any posts of mine in this thread. If you'd like me to discuss anything I've posted here, contact me in private (I won't be replying to this thread, since I've already acted like an idiot enough).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#28 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:17 AM

At the moment, he is working on compatibility. And not because 'SimDing0 started to act "silly"' (I'm quoting Sim). After this, does the mod deserve judgements such as
"I'm sure that "IU-killers" will follow the same way, but if someone want to try it - why not, it's their own time they spend, not yours. Just ignore it, like all decent people do :D"
I think prejudice is not nice.

Certainly, should this mod renounce from dubious title of "IU-killer", my objection will become obsolete, but please notice that ATM I was making my post there was no other information but repeatedly stated author's points of the kind "why, anyway, would one want to spend precious components on IU upgrades while he could spend them on IA upgrades instead?".
As for prejudice - I wasn't implying that Improved Anvil is inborn bad, but it's my believe that to ensure that some mod will be widely accepted as "IU replacement" it's not enough for this mod to be satisfactory or even good, it should be brilliant, and it's not prejudice but experience saying that brilliant mods are rare thing, especially from someone who just joining the racket.

Edited by Creepin, 09 April 2006 - 08:24 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:01 AM

I'd like to offer my apologies to those offended by any posts of mine in this thread. If you'd like me to discuss anything I've posted here, contact me in private (I won't be replying to this thread, since I've already acted like an idiot enough).

Not offended. Disappointed. You will be watched. ;)

#30 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

This is correct. If you are going to operate your forum like a farce, I will treat you as the joke you are.

No one else seemed to be acting like you in those threads. I operate BWL forum in the way I feel it to be the best for our visitors and members, regardless of your immature moronic behavior. Sikret operates his IA forum the way he wants.
It really won't matter to me (and no, it won't be emberassing) if you make your account blocked on BWL. As I said at BWL, I don't care if it's you or anyone else, I make no exception when someone violates BWL Terms of Use.

Amen brother SimDing0! My IP was banned from the BWL forums for no apparent reason! I didn't know that reading (not posting, mind you) the messages was a violation of the Terms of Use.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#31 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

I cannot guess who is joking anonymously in the post above TheWiz's post -- so all I can state that it isn't me. :)

(Edit: just noticed TheWiz posted meanwhile, so I updated the text above.)

Edited by Baronius, 09 April 2006 - 12:59 PM.

#32 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

Amen brother SimDing0! My IP was banned from the BWL forums for no apparent reason! I didn't know that reading (not posting, mind you) the messages was a violation of the Terms of Use.

You don't change, TheWizard. :)

You stay in the background, and when an event happens where BWL is involved, you activate yourself. Everyone can remember the events after the DHDC affair.

You posted whole emails from our private mailing, at more IE modding forums at the same time. Chosen of Mystra didn't hear too much about BWL that time, so you abused your reputation in the community and misled them; they were throwing the most obscene insults to BWL -- and I didn't blame them. They were misled.

Later, when an (unfortunately) incorrectly phrased email was sent out as the IE Modding Questionnaire, you tried to convince everyone that ""the questionnaire surely has ULTERIOR motives".

That time, you posted a lot at BWL in a very short time (during about an hour); first you posted lies, and then very very rude insults against BWL admins, and collectively against ALL registered BWL forum members as well; you were warned, but you didn't stop. You evaded the temporary bans, so we deleted your account and blocked a wider range of IP.

Two days after that, you sent me an email (Hi David...), where, in a humble and polite style, you asked me to remove the bans, telling that "you have to follow Vlad's mods forums" because you're involved in those projects. You said you wanted guest access. I completed your request.

(The reason your access is blocked is the following: yesterday, I got a message from someone that you re-registered your account at BWL. This is unacceptable. You abused my kindness which I showed when I completed your request that time -- after you did all those acts. If you had contacted the BWL administration asking if you can re-register, your request might have been considered perhaps. )

The events I listed above showed your real character. You're not causing disappointment at this moment either.

You don't change, TheWizard. And you don't realise that you've lost your honour and credibility in the eyes of most people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBigg: thank you for your PM. I've just replied it.

Edited by Baronius, 09 April 2006 - 01:37 PM.

#33 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

A long reply to a short message of mine. The fact is, I have not posted on BWL in a long time, and I have no intention to. I registered an account (again) so I could view all the forums, since all of them are not available to guests. I didn't hide my identity at all, I registered my usual nickname, TheWizard, as not to deceive anyone. If I was unable to register that nickname again, then you should have blacklisted it. The further fact is, I was banned from the BWL forums for absolutely no reason other than reading posts. That's very petty of you, IMHO. If I was equally as petty, I would've banned your IP address from IEGMC, but I have not and I have no reason to. Does this mean I am a bigger person than you? That's not for me to judge.

Now, I realize you administer the BWL forum, and you are free to do whatever you wish there, including ban me. However, I would take a second look at the situation, if I were you. I won't beg you to remove the ban, because I know this time around, I did nothing wrong...unless reading posts is wrong. Forget everything in the past for a moment and focus on the present. Perhaps then you will see a little more clearly.

Oh, as for me not changing and losing credibility, I'm not worried. In fact, I'm happy the way I am, thank you very much. I've been told by many people that I am a "mench" (in other languages besides Yiddish too). :)

A quick edit: I have nothing more to say publicly in this thread, so there is really no reason for you to respond, unless you would like to bring up more issues from the past. I have no reason to do that. If you read my posts in this thread, nowhere did I mention anything about past events. If you wish to discuss anything, send me a PM please.

Edited by TheWizard, 09 April 2006 - 05:11 PM.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#34 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, I understand why you would ban The Wizard.

He is known for making so many posts, especially rude ones.

Not to mention how much he charges all of us to host mods for all of us.

/sarcasm

I'd reply to all the other "silly" arguements/defences/posts, but they are just not worth the time or energy.

Teach me to try and be nice. I take back an insult..........

Feel free to ban my username from BW if you want. I can contact the authors of the mods I am interested in though other means. No need for an IP ban, I don't post as a guest in places I have been banned (not that there are any yet, but that is not the point). When I am not wlecome/wanted I leave.

Besides, Sister Sinister might (I doubt it, no reflection of the site, just her limited interest in the BG forums) want to register there one day.

Slowly the aforementioned level keeps getting less and less.

#35 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:57 AM

Tell me MTS, are you really so immensely naive?

First of all, when you say that TheWizard does not use rude posts, you judge a situation which you do not know. So you cannot know what he said that time; what you know is how he speaks generally.

Additionally, your account at BWL will not be blocked as long as you don't violate the Terms of Use. This applies to everyone, as I have said this at many places already. TheWizard posted some foggy explanations and excuses in his latest reply, but I'm sure that my previous post includes everything important; I need not to comment his latest post.

To sum up, it seems you fully identify with TheWizard's person, without condition. It is nice to do this (you called him a saint at BWL, and I respect your opinion as everyone's.), the "ban my username too from BWL" attitude greatly reflects this. Or that he charges nothing for hosting your mods -- what about DHDC? Does it charge a penny? Oh yes, it is for plagiarism, for hosting mods without permission, for stealing others' hard work -- TheWizard might say. Where is the difference between DHDC and iegmc, for example. Why is DHDC worse, for example? Why can't it be the a saint? (I am telling rhetorical questions. They don't require actual answers. Everyone can (try to) answer them for himself/herself.)
(IEGMC isn't treated equally to DHDC at SHS. Long ago I contacted SConrad, asking if the text about DHDC in the Modding and Player Resource Centres could be extended the same way as iegmc; he said he would ask the author (SirKalt IIRC); later when I contacted him again, he said it was not his circle of authority which is true. Then I contacted the maintainer (SirKalt IIRC) about it, asking if "if you want your mod hosted at DHDC, please send an email to blackwyrmlair.net etc." text could be added as well, in a similar way as the iegmc text. IIRC I got no reply. And why iegmc is pinned e.g. at SHS or PPG and no note on DHDC? I really don't care; it won't make my life better or worse. I brought up this case to SC long ago because he was talking about the neutrality of the new SHS etc., so I thought I would mention it to him. Neutrality means we remain neutral in a matter, and we don't give privileges to any side...)

In your previous post MTS, you said TGC is a great mod in your opinion. Thanks for your compliment, I was glad to read it. You also said you used to respect me. All I can add is that I also respect you, for one thing surely: your frankness.

A good advice I can give: remain frank (yet try to be polite/discreet when possible), and sacrificing, but always try to judge things objectively, from an external view. (As far as it is possible.)
You would probably answer something opposite or denying, so please don't. Just ask it from yourself, before you judge anything: am I entirely sure that this is true? Did I experience it on my own, or did I hear it from other people? Is it 100% that (s)he is the good guy(girl) while (s)he is the bad one? And so on.

I found it important to tell these because you're not the only one who seems to make judgements very easily. I saw such things, and I could say examples from the IE modding world as well. For example, during the DHDC 'affair', someone acted very unfairly, and after a month, he apologised. To sum up, the advice I can give to everyone: don't judge something so easily, without knowing the situation from more sides.

Yes, my post ended up to be general at the end. It is not TheWizard (or iegmc/DHDC or modding or I don't-know-what) specific. While being a more active reader of some IE modding forums, I saw so much naive attitude in the forums, that is why I wanted to tell all this.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by Baronius, 17 July 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#36 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

It is very pathetic from a player point of view reading this posts. During a lot of years I have been playing this wonderful game and I will continue. When I first downloaded Kelsey, my first mod, I was surprised, he was like another bioware character! Since that day a lot of mods have been created, some of them are pieces of gold and some other pieces of trash, but all of them have to be respected because all of them are part of their creators mind, illusions and above all, time.
I can imagine Sikret's reaction to this battle. All of you great modders, imagine that in your first attempt to create something, you are insulted, you work depreciated and your unique petition, is absolutly ignored. I respected you all before all of this, now, after all I have read I continue respecting very few of you. Most of you have become Kings who rules the world because you have been modding since a lot of time.
I know nothing of modding, but is my intention to learn about it and if the time gets that I can start modding and need a place to host my mod, it is for sure that I will ask Baronius, BWL is one of the best comunities.
I know that this isn't the first war-between-modders, and that it will not be the last, but I had to say something. I may not be someone popular, I don't usually post, but everyday I visit all the comunities I can: CoM, SHS, BWL, PP, RPGdungeon, G3,... and in any of them, except here I've founded someone as intolerant as all the people who have blamed Sirkret and Baronius.
I don't care if my account is eliminated or if I cannot enter here anymore. There are a lot of ways to download mods. Bye! and MADURAR UN POCO!

Just one thing: IU is not such a fantastic mod, the question is that you were awfully anxious to attack Sirkret. Is so important that you can't play two mods together. I know what is to not be able to play two mods together an it is not the end of life. For example: how many people have been complaining about the fact that you can't take Sime (from TS) and Leina (from Nej). Is that the end of the world? Please!

Edited by Magnus_025, 10 April 2006 - 10:37 AM.

Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#37 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:40 AM

I think we just got owned. :(
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#38 Nastian

Nastian
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

Make Mods Not War ^_^

#39 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

You know Baronius, you have given me a lot to think about.

If I had not gotten where I hate to sign into IM, I would ask to add you and enjoy discussing this further.

Your last post made the level rise again.

....... and yeh, Sim, we got owned. I'm impressed with your post, Magnus_025

#40 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

Well, first of all thank you for your opinions about my post SConrad and Jolyth, I was really annoyed after reading so as I said yesterday I had to say something.
Second, I want to apologyze if it seemed like I hate SHS or something. Nothing of the sorts. I have a particular feeling about this site because it was the first non-spanish site I visited (when it was called Forgotten Wars) and I have played almost all of your mods. Now I'm desperate to play Brythe, Chrysta and Illyra so you can imagien how often I enter this forums.
Please, try to colaborate together giving support to new modders. They always bring new and fresh ideas to this eternal-Baldur's Gate-world.
So, to finish, please forgive me if I was to harsh :whistling: , but I'm a very sensitive person if I consider anyone is being blamed without justification.
To all you modders: Continue your hard and fantastic work. :Bow:

Edited by Magnus_025, 11 April 2006 - 01:34 AM.

Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo