Photo

Mega-WeiDU Install Instruction w/ BG2 Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#41 Stark

Stark
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:16 AM

I originally installed the fixpack beta 2, and am going to reinstall this weekend for unrelated reasons. beta 4 is now out, and has a different order of installation.

If I wish to keep my saved games, can I use beta 4, or do I need to stick with beta 2? And can I use the new install order(BGT then fixpack), or do I need to keep the order that I installed previously(fixpack then BGT)?

Thanks.

[edit] Originally mentioned beta 3, but beta 4 is out now. wheee [/edit]

Edited by Stark, 18 October 2006 - 11:27 AM.

#42 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

Use your old installation order with fixpack beta4 and you will be ok

ronin

#43 Stark

Stark
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

Great, I'll do that, thanks.

One more question.. with fixpack beta 4, is the fix incorporated that this thread dealt with, or will I need to incorporate that into the install as well?

#44 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

Btw, Why this install doesnt include BG1NPC and other bgt-weidu mods that ascension published do they have incompatibility?

Primarily, this thread was started and is maintained for the purpose of helping anybody who desires to play BG1 (via BGT-WeiDU and it's associated major mods) along with BG2 and it's associated major mods in the BP Family of mods along with Big Picture - WeiDU for it's content and overall enhanced AI, to build as stable, and as bug free a playing experience of those CORE mods as possible.

I will post any issues I have run across that will be game-breakers, and the workarounds for them that can circumvent them during the installation process. I will also post all the mods I am currently working with, and have found to not cause major issues with the game. As I find mods I want to use that will or have a high likelihood of breaking my install, they will be removed from the list I post. On the other side of the coin, as I find new mods or smaller mods that I have personally found work well and for the most part seamlessly with the core install, I will add them to the list.

Some general rules to follow that will make your installation go smoother, and give your gameplay fewer problems.

1. Always be sure you have the latest versions of the mods you want to install. Use the links on the stickied post !!!

2. Follow the directions and install the CORE components 1st. You don't need all of them if you don't want to, and you don't neccesarily need to install them in any particular order, as they are all WeiDU, unless there is a specific reason listed as an issue in the body of the main post at the top of this thread.

3. After the CORE BP Family Mods, and prior to installing BP install all of the game content, and quest related type mods.

4. Install BP.

5 After BP install all your "tweak" type mods.

6. Install your Worldmap and set your GUI.

7. Don't try to install TOO much. There is worlds of content, just in the core components.

It takes a village...

#45 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

ei erebusant, its me again(hope you remember me.. Iam the guy you offered help regarding adding continue() to the AR0602.bcs) I have just finished installing my mega install and iam still having the same problem as before(I can start a new game but when i tried to load a saved game the screen just came up without the interface and the mouse, but i can see that the character moving so it actually didnt froze). Iam going to try and add some continues on my own but Iam not really confident that Iam going to do the right thing, so Iam attaching my AR0602.bcs here with my weidu log so that maybe you could look into it. Thanks again :)

Attached Files

#46 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:18 AM

So, a new day has come and new problems appear...

Referring to my previuos post about installing NEJ in Mega-Install: I tried to install it just after FixPack4. Everything seems OK, installation is completed successfully, BUT during installation of Imoen Kit CharmingRogue I have something like that:

[./override/CUT01.bcs] loaded, 3913 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[NeJ/sExt/oCUT01.bcs] loaded, 3917 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/sCUT01.bcs] loaded, 4343 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [NeJ/sExt/oCUT01.bcs]
override/CUT01.bcs copied to NeJ2/backup/1/CUT01.bcs, 3913 bytes
Copied [CUT01.bcs] to [override/CUT01.bcs]
[./override/CUTD1.bcs] loaded, 3755 bytes
[./override/CUTD1.bcs] loaded, 3755 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/oCUTD1.bcs] loaded, 3759 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/sCUTD1.bcs] loaded, 3759 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [NeJ/sExt/oCUTD1.bcs]
override/CUTD1.bcs copied to NeJ2/backup/1/CUTD1.bcs, 3755 bytes
Copied [CUTD1.bcs] to [override/CUTD1.bcs]
[./override/CUT01G.bcs] loaded, 5625 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/oCUT01G.bcs] loaded, 2626 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/sCUT01G.bcs] loaded, 2753 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [NeJ/sExt/oCUT01G.bcs]
override/CUT01G.bcs copied to NeJ2/backup/1/CUT01G.bcs, 5625 bytes
Copied [CUT01G.bcs] to [override/CUT01G.bcs]
[NeJ/sExt/ooCUT01G.bcs] loaded, 457 bytes
[NeJ/sExt/ssCUT01G.bcs] loaded, 91 bytes
Copied [CUT01G.bcs] to [override/CUT01G.bcs]
Copying 1 file ...

Maybe acoording to these "cannot find block..." I couldn't install core components of NEJpatch602 - only NewImoenPatch and TS animations compatibility. Oh, and I also couldn't install component NPC Leina - there were errors during installation.
I hope it is not game-breaker. Any advices?

#47 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

Referring to my previuos post about installing NEJ in Mega-Install: I tried to install it just after FixPack4. Everything seems OK, installation is completed successfully, BUT during installation of Imoen Kit CharmingRogue I have something like that:

Maybe acoording to these "cannot find block..." I couldn't install core components of NEJpatch602 - only NewImoenPatch and TS animations compatibility. Oh, and I also couldn't install component NPC Leina - there were errors during installation.

the file that NEJ2 is trying to alter for the Charming Rogue component has been already altered by the Fixpack, so the Charming Rogue changes can't be made to that file. unfortunately, CUT01.BCS is part of the new game routine of BG2 - so you could well have big issues when you get to the start of the BG2 part of yr game. i had thought that there were warnings around the place about the Charming Rogue not being compatible witha bunch of things - or at least, causing lots of issues, because of the changes it needs to make to imoen and when it makes those changes. the Leina issue is known too - there might be a workaround for it, but i think the workaround is 'don't install the Leina component on a BP-BGT-NEJ-mega install'.

as for whether yuo've actually managed to install the NEJ2v6.02 patch (which isd crucial: you certainly need it): post the contents of yr weidu.log here (or just look at it yrself: if it's got an entry along the lines of SETUP-NEJPATCH, yr fine).

Edited by seanas, 20 October 2006 - 03:27 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#48 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:47 AM

the file that NEJ2 is trying to alter for the Charming Rogue component has been already altered by the Fixpack, so the Charming Rogue changes can't be made to that file. unfortunately, CUT01.BCS is part of the new game routine of BG2 - so you could well have big issues when you get to the start of the BG2 part of yr game. i had thought that there were warnings around the place about the Charming Rogue not being compatible witha bunch of things - or at least, causing lots of issues, because of the changes it needs to make to imoen and when it makes those changes. the Leina issue is known too - there might be a workaround for it, but i think the workaround is 'don't install the Leina component on a BP-BGT-NEJ-mega install'.

as for whether yuo've actually managed to install the NEJ2v6.02 patch (which isd crucial: you certainly need it): post the contents of yr weidu.log here (or just look at it yrself: if it's got an entry along the lines of SETUP-NEJPATCH, yr fine).

thanx for rapid answer. And yes, I have big issues: Immy hasn't been taken with Irenicus by Cowled Wizards at the beginning. So I guess its rather crucial for the plot... And patch hasn't been installed - no mention about it in weidu.log.

#49 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:54 AM

I looked around for posts about these incompatibilities and problems and couldnt find anything. I have decided to install NEJ and Ctb in my mega install (understanding that the conflicts here are limited to some monster image conflicts), but wasnt aware of the Leina (which I didnt have any problem installing) and Charming Rogue issues. I did see warnings similiar to the ones listed above (cannont find block....) for Aerie.bcs, Edwin.bcs and Minsc.bcs, as well as CUT01.bcs. I was flowing this thread on my core install: BP-BGT-Weidu Installation Order, as well as reviewing erebusant's mega-install doc.

I really want to include NEJ in my install, but not at the cost of FUBARing my BG2 content. Can you clarify these two issues and suggest a course of action that will allow me a successfull install with NEJ? Is anyone sure the Charming Rouge kit is incompatible? Should I simply refrain from installing this kit and Leina NPC? I understand Hazel-Ra had issues, but If I had to guess (based on his statements about the NEJ patch not installing), I would say he didnt get the NEJ2v4.2 - Part 1 component to install. Any help and informed direction would be greatly appriciated. I have attached my weidu.log for review, but obviously my install is not complete yet. It simply reflects the core component order.

[EDIT] I guess my attempt to attach my weidu.log failed, so here it is:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~SETUP-NEJ2BIFFER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Biffing NeJv4.2 files. Run this INSTEAD OF Setup-NeJ2.exe! Run Setup-NeJ2.exe FIRST to uninstall!
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 1
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Boo - Minsc?s Familiar
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #7 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #8 // Melora NPC - Chaotic-Neutral Halfling Swashbuckler
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Leina NPC - True-Neutral Half-Elf Bard Of Melody
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Areas & Sounds
~SETUP-NEJGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // GUI registrar for Never Ending Journey
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v6.02 (cummulative patch)
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #2 // Animations Compatibility Fix for "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT-NeJ2 Compatibility Patch
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Boo - Minsc's Familiar Fixes
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Custom Firewalker Kit and continuity for Shar-Teel
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Merchant League Store
~SETUP-ROTUPDATE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region of Terror - Fix #1
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)

Edited by mildImp, 20 October 2006 - 12:49 PM.

#50 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

I understand Hazel-Ra had issues, but If I had to guess (based on his statements about the NEJ patch not installing), I would say he didnt get the NEJ2v4.2 - Part 1 component to install. Any help and informed direction would be greatly appriciated. I have attached my weidu.log for review, but obviously my install is not complete yet. It simply reflects the core component order.

Unfortunately I have installed NEJ2_4.2 part1 (and 2 also). I've installed SoA, ToB, patch, FixPack4 and then NEJ. Besides that warnings "cannot find..." with Immy as Charming Rogue and Leina I haven't had any problems with NEJ4.2 components - everything was "installed successfully". Only NEJ6.02 patch has failed. Check my attached WEIDU.log. Because I wanted to know if Melora joined the group (I had a problem with her earlier - I posted it here as mikey72) I installed Dungeon-begone to end Irenicus dungeon. And yes, Melora joined, but Immy was still with me, not taken with Irenicus.

edit - no attachment, so here it is:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~SETUP-NEJ2BIFFER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Biffing NeJv4.2 files. Run this INSTEAD OF Setup-NeJ2.exe! Run Setup-NeJ2.exe FIRST to uninstall!
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 1
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #7 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #8 // Melora NPC - Chaotic-Neutral Halfling Swashbuckler
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Areas & Sounds
~SETUP-NEJGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // GUI registrar for Never Ending Journey
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #2 // Animations Compatibility Fix for "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-BPV177-TOBFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // BPv177 TOB Trigger Fix
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Big Picture"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Edited by Hazel-Ra, 20 October 2006 - 11:32 AM.

#51 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

I have tried to add those continnues() on my own, and i think everything is working properly now except for the ROT last cutscene before you leave irenicus dungeon(The screen just hangs again where entreri and jarlaxle are talking). What i did was i added continue() to all the script block in ar0602.bcs and i was able to go out of irenicus and finish the game.

The only thing that i noticed when i added those continue() is that the actually stuttered even when iam outside irenicus dungeon, so what i did was i restored my ar0602.bcs backup and deleted the cache and the stutter is gone.

Is what i did safe? Or is it really necessary to keep the extra continue() in the ar0602.bcs?

Also is it ok for me to use your baldur.bcs attachment with my install order or do i have to have the same install order to be able to use it properly?

thanks again. :)

Edited by impe, 20 October 2006 - 12:47 PM.

#52 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

I have tried to add those continnues() on my own, and i think everything is working properly now except for the ROT last cutscene before you leave irenicus dungeon(The screen just hangs again where entreri and jarlaxle are talking). What i did was i added continue() to all the script block in ar0602.bcs and i was able to go out of irenicus and finish the game.

The only thing that i noticed when i added those continue() is that the actually stuttered even when iam outside irenicus dungeon, so what i did was i restored my ar0602.bcs backup and deleted the cache and the stutter is gone.

Is what i did safe? Or is it really necessary to keep the extra continue() in the ar0602.bcs?

Also is it ok for me to use your baldur.bcs attachment with my install order or do i have to have the same install order to be able to use it properly?

Once you leave AR0602, you won't be back so you should be fine. Just try the pared baldur.bcs if you start getting sturrer in other parts of the game. It takes out a lot of the redundant checks that constantly run, like if you have a Hellblade in your posession or not. Once again, always make a copy of what your original install has before overwriting any file so you can go back to it if you need to.

It takes a village...

#53 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

Unfortunately I have installed NEJ2_4.2 part1 (and 2 also). I've installed SoA, ToB, patch, FixPack4 and then NEJ. Besides that warnings "cannot find..." with Immy as Charming Rogue and Leina I haven't had any problems with NEJ4.2 components - everything was "installed successfully". Only NEJ6.02 patch has failed. Check my attached WEIDU.log. Because I wanted to know if Melora joined the group (I had a problem with her earlier - I posted it here as mikey72) I installed Dungeon-begone to end Irenicus dungeon. And yes, Melora joined, but Immy was still with me, not taken with Irenicus.

Ok, well my appologies for assuming. So, what are the issues here and how can they be solved for a successful NEJ2 install? I really like the Charming Rogue kit, but if its problematic then Ill lose it.

#54 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Thanks.. Iam going to try your baldur.bcs now.. :)

#55 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Ok, well my appologies for assuming. So, what are the issues here and how can they be solved for a successful NEJ2 install? I really like the Charming Rogue kit, but if its problematic then Ill lose it.

If you use NEJ2v42b + 602 patch, try installing NEJ2 +602 immediately following the 26498 patch, and then install BG2 Fixpack. That will at least clear up your NEJ2 errors.

Edited by erebusant, 20 October 2006 - 01:50 PM.

It takes a village...

#56 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

If you use NEJ2v42b + 602 patch, try installing NEJ2 +602 immediately following the 26498 patch, and then install BG2 Fixpack. That will at least clear up your NEJ2 errors.

So, charming rogue: compatible or not compatible? and does this mean that these instructions are invalid?

Edited by mildImp, 20 October 2006 - 02:11 PM.

#57 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

I looked at your AR0602.bcs. Do me a favor, add a Continue() just after the Horseman's Flail line in the 1st IF/THEN block, and a Continue() at the end of the RielevDisable IF/THEN block, and compile and save and start a new game and see if it works right. That should do it without a bunch of unnecessary Continue()'s. I'd do it, but you have something installed that I don't that keeps me from being able to recompile your .bcs after I add them.

It takes a village...

#58 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Thats ok, I will try to do that later when i get home. Ill post here tomorrow if that worked. Thanks, you are my hero.. :Bow:

#59 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:04 AM

That's a smart idea - I'll try.

#60 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:12 AM

So, charming rogue: compatible or not compatible? and does this mean that these instructions are invalid?

Pertaining to Charming Rogue see the following link, last post: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22107

As to whether seanas' instructions are invalid or not, of course they are still valid!! Where the issue lies is NEJ2 was originally incompatible as it was designed to be, and needed to have it's .tp2 tweaked to even be able to install it along with many of the other mods. As the game and the mods progress to be more and more compatible with each other and more bug free, NEJ2 becomes more and more incompatible and requires more and more tweaks to it's .tp2 to be able to install it, let alone play it. NEJ2 is best played as a completely seperate mod by itself, and TS, along with I guess BGT with the latest versions. Although the previous version (42b + 602 patch) could be installed as part of the Mega-Install, I no longer recommend it. It just causes too many problems to make it worth it.

It takes a village...