Photo

Mega-WeiDU Install Instruction w/ BG2 Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#61 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

Pertaining to Charming Rogue see the following link, last post: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22107

As to whether seanas' instructions are invalid or not, of course they are still valid!! Where the issue lies is NEJ2 was originally incompatible as it was designed to be, and needed to have it's .tp2 tweaked to even be able to install it along with many of the other mods. As the game and the mods progress to be more and more compatible with each other and more bug free, NEJ2 becomes more and more incompatible and requires more and more tweaks to it's .tp2 to be able to install it, let alone play it. NEJ2 is best played as a completely seperate mod by itself, and TS, along with I guess BGT with the latest versions. Although the previous version (42b + 602 patch) could be installed as part of the Mega-Install, I no longer recommend it. It just causes too many problems to make it worth it.

I understand the trends of unsupported mods and don't intend to be obtuse or for my questions to be inflamitory. However, if I still have the no longer available (it seems) versions of NEJ2 (42b + 602 patch), but the installation of such causes, as you put it, "too many problems to make it worth it", then I would argue that seanas' installation instructions are at least approaching invalidity.

Some of the comments about the charming rogue kit being incompatible with the BP Fixpack led me to this line of questioning as it seemed in direct conflict with seanas' installation instructions. I was hoping to get a diffinative answer which would allow me to eliminate the most problematic elements of NEJ2 and allow me to include this fantastic mod in my mega install with minimal issues that i might be able to at least anticipate. But, it seems that this is about as much detail as anyone has so I'll stop asking. If anyone as any other specific knowledge that they could pass on about the conflicts please PM them to me. Thanks for your indulgence.

Edited by mildImp, 21 October 2006 - 10:32 AM.

#62 Hazel-Ra

Hazel-Ra
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

I understand the trends of unsupported mods and don't intend to be obtuse or for my questions to be inflamitory. However, if I still have the no longer available (it seems) versions of NEJ2 (42b + 602 patch), but the installation of such causes, as you put it, "too many problems to make it worth it", then I would argue that seanas' installation instructions are at least approaching invalidity.

Some of the comments about the charming rogue kit being incompatible with the BP Fixpack led me to this line of questioning as it seemed in direct conflict with seanas' installation instructions. I was hoping to get a diffinative answer which would allow me to eliminate the most problematic elements of NEJ2 and allow me to include this fantastic mod in my mega install with minimal issues that i might be able to at least anticipate. But, it seems that this is about as much detail as anyone has so I'll stop asking. If anyone as any other specific knowledge that they could pass on about the conflicts please PM them to me. Thanks for your indulgence.

Well, you can always install NEJ2 as standalone mod, it's not a bad idea. You can quickly pass through part1, get some XP in Athkatla and then go to Halrua. Then uninstall it and start a new Megainstall with many big and small mods. I have already ended NEJ in my previuos mega installation and now I want to check SoS, TDD, TS, and many smaller mods. I'm trying to put NEJ in it because of kits for Imoen and Jaheira and also because of NPC Melora.
BTW I'm not sure with which fixes I played that time: FixPack ver2 or earlier version of Baldurdash, but everything went smooth. Oh, I only had to CLUA to first SoS area (river ......), but then I ended my playing for months - now I return to BG2, but from the beginning.

#63 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

i'll try and do what i can to clear this up:
* NEJ2v4.2 and patchv6.02 is stable, of course.
* it wasn't designed to be played with the mega-install (it's also no longer supported);
* in order to make it work with a mega-install, there are minimum changes you need to make to it work with a mega-install; these changes are currently listed in the install instructions;
* experience has shown that there are a number of components of NEJ2 which can behave funkily as part of a mega-install, even tho they're all in theory stable.
* these components, for me, are the Charming Rogue, Leina, and Boo.
* however, not everyone who installs NEJ2 as part of a mega-install experiences these problems, and so a: they've not been hunted down and identified b: there is no advice on how to work around them; and c: there is no solid advice how to avoid them (as other ppl haven't had any issues with them).

personally, i've reached the same conclusion that erebusant reached: that if i want to play NEJ2 i'll do it on top of a basic BGII install, not as part of a mega-install. this is just my preference, tho, and has as much to do with HDD space and playing style as bugs in the resulting install.

that said, if yr installing NEJ2v4.2 w/patch v6.02 as part of a mega-install, i'd suggest staying away from the Charming Rogue and the Boo components (from memory, Leina was failing because it wasn't finding the necessary script blocks to patch; this can be easily rectified if yr keen: post the DEBUG file that results next time you try and install Leina, or the 6.02 patch, and we'll work thru what needs to be altered). other ppl have had no trouble with the Charming Rogue or with Boo, so the problem is due to the specific mods i install each time - mods which other users may or may not have.

as such, i can't see how the install instructions can be updated - except with an additional health-check, along the lines of 'you may well experience a range of potential issues if you install NEJ2 as part of yr mega-install; we therefore don't recommend installing NEJ2 unless you are willing to solve these issues yrself if and when they occur. if you are not so willing, you are best advised to not install NEJ2'.

if you think this will be useful, i'll alter the install instructions accordingly.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#64 -tivaan stormbringer-

-tivaan stormbringer-

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

I would like the addition of NEJ but I also dont wish to hack through problems and I think that the solution being offered makes sense play it on its own. and to be honest it will probably fall away to the wasteside because I like compatibility and please do not read anything into my remarks I am sure its a great mod but that is my opinion.

#65 DamianDarksky

DamianDarksky
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:13 PM

Back to the original post,

I just wanted to let you know that I get the same CTD at the start of a BG2 game without RoT installed. I have never even downloaded RoT.

#66 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

For those installing GBThfKp v1.14 into your game, if you're up to v197 WeiDU, you need to copy your v197 WeiDU.exe over into your GBThfKp folder overwriting the version 195 WeiDU.exe or your installation of this component will fail.

It takes a village...

#67 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

A small update:

Once I finish updating dialogs for cmorgan and new BGT version of BG1NPC is released, using it will require that BGT is the first "big" mod installed. In other words, the install order will be:

Fixpack
BGT
SoS, TDD, CtB, TS-BP ... etc

It doesn't matter where BG1NPC itself is installed, as long as BGT comes before others.

#68 userfriendly

userfriendly
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

A small update:

Once I finish updating dialogs for cmorgan and new BGT version of BG1NPC is released, using it will require that BGT is the first "big" mod installed. In other words, the install order will be:

Fixpack
BGT
SoS, TDD, CtB, TS-BP ... etc

It doesn't matter where BG1NPC itself is installed, as long as BGT comes before others.

Would it be save compatible?

#69 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hmm.., aren't DSoTSC 185 and NToTSC 145 worldmap patches still required?

#70 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

Hmm.., aren't DSoTSC 185 and NToTSC 145 worldmap patches still required?

They're part of the V145WM6 and V185WM6 downloads.

It takes a village...

#71 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

So i must download the same mod versions again and reinstall them?

#72 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:47 PM

So i must download the same mod versions again and reinstall them?

If you have DSotSC4BGTWeiDU185WM6 and NTotSC4BGTWeiDU145WM6 installed, you don't need to do anything. Any WM6 updates are included in the download and taken care of when you installed the mods and the WM6.

It takes a village...

#73 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:57 AM

I noticed in you weidu log you have installed Freedom's Reign (SoA or ToB) and Reign of Virtue (ToB), which I thought it may have the ac602 problem, do I need to modify the tp2 file (add continue) to make this mod work?

#74 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

Yes.

You need to open up ar0602.baf located in your FR_ROV\bcs\patch folder and add a Continue() right before the END at the end of the script. The last few lines will look like this:

ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DeITM034",0,0,0))  //Horseman's Flail
	Continue()
END

If you already have it installed you will need to reinstall the mod.

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 02 January 2007 - 03:10 AM.

#75 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try later when I install again.

#76 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

when I install BP177, I notice there are some warnings when install random encounter component, is this something to do with the D0quest pack I installed before BP177? will there be any bad effect on this warning?

The world map does not prompt me to install the second component Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times, is it because I did not have bgt installed?

I only install bg2 mods since I did not have enough disk space on my laptop. attached is my weidu.log, please help me to check if there are anything not right.

#77 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

when I install BP177, I notice there are some warnings when install random encounter component, is this something to do with the D0quest pack I installed before BP177? will there be any bad effect on this warning? These warnings occur because the oAR0042-45.bcs blocks aren't found in the AR0042-45.bcs's so the nAR0042-45 blocks can't be inserted to replace them. The effect in your game will be negligible, but you can search out the particular blocks the oARnamed.bcs files are looking for and copy and paste that part of the .bcs into the oAR.bcs and it will clear the errors.

The world map does not prompt me to install the second component Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times, is it because I did not have bgt installed? No. It's because that is a part of the upcoming v6.4 release. It will be out soon.

I only install bg2 mods since I did not have enough disk space on my laptop. attached is my weidu.log, please help me to check if there are anything not right.

Please attach your log.

It takes a village...

#78 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

Thanks, here is the log. I thought I attached it last post, but it seems not the case, I paste the content of the weidu.log here:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-ROTUPDATE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region of Terror - Fix #1
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kensai Ryu's Deeper Shadows of Amn v2.2
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Difficult Brown Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ghost Shadow Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grothgar the Red Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #8 // Curse of the Underground Shade Lord
~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Freedom's Reign (SoA or ToB)
~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Reign of Virtue (ToB)
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Irenicus
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3181 // Romance Cheats -> No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

#79 irheat

irheat
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

OK, I have a problem here, I start a new game, but the cut scene does not start, the PC just stand there, nothing happens.

If I load a game (previous save on the new game start), then the ROT cut scene start. Any idea which part is going wrong? Please note that I did not have BGT installed, only BG2 +BP +other BG2 mods. please refer to my weidu log on the post above.

#80 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

and this

~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-ROTUPDATE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region of Terror - Fix #1

Have a conflict currently. RoT I think needs the older Baldurdash and not the fix pack.

Edited by Chevalier, 03 January 2007 - 02:22 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev