• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#61 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:10 PM

Actually, I don't think this is BG1 NPC. Unless I'm seriously mistaken, BG1 NPC includes a check for the end of BG1 in every single dialogue and every single script block. There is no way you'd be seeing it in CI.

More likely one of your other mods is calling for a dialogue to fire by script and it's weighted wrong or has its variables set wrong in some other way, so you get PID.

The fact that it's in Chateau Irenicus and only happens in a specific area would make me inclined to look at the area script for that area as a starting point.

Maybe cmorgan can offer more insight, or one of the BGT gods.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#62 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yes, there is a check and it worked ( I know, I tested it), but it came back with ( I think) with v12. I found this out a week or 3 ago. It only seems to be with Jahiera finding Khalid's body. Other problems, like we had with Imoen, seem to be taken care of with this check.

gwyned, do you know how to use NI? For a temp fix you can remove from the area script the trigger for this dialogue and then use a earlier save.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#63 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

yep -- Gwyned is using a version marked "v12", with no special stuff afterwards - might be v12 Beta3, but if so I really need to do some digging (again).

As far as I can tell, this is fixed internally with the correct statenumbers put into place; Chevalier, if you get a chance, can you please recheck that it is working correctly in the latest Beta (or in the internal versions)?

Or Anomaly, did you run into this on your run with the new-improved Beta?

Reference posts: this is where we think we fixed this: OldVeteran http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=278153

These for future searches (Gwyned, you did everythig right according to your install log, so it is our problem - and the reason we should get doubly cracking on finishing our full recode...)
http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=281419 zodden's install order

http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=281037 pro5 about why install order is important

If you are not sure how to use NI, PM me, and I will set you up with a full set of instructions (or post here, and between the folks here and I we can all get something together for you quickly :) )

Edited by cmorgan, 29 April 2007 - 06:01 PM.

#64 gwyned

gwyned
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

yep -- Gwyned is using a version marked "v12", with no special stuff afterwards - might be v12 Beta3, but if so I really need to do some digging (again).

As far as I can tell, this is fixed internally with the correct statenumbers put into place; Chevalier, if you get a chance, can you please recheck that it is working correctly in the latest Beta (or in the internal versions)?

Reference posts: this is where we think we fixed this: OldVeteran http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=278153

These for future searches (Gwyned, you did everythig right according to your install log, so it is our problem - and the reason we should get doubly cracking on finishing our full recode...)
http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=281419 zodden's install order

http://www.shsforums...p...st&p=281037 pro5 about why install order is important

If you are not sure how to use NI, PM me, and I will set you up with a full set of instructions (or post here, and between the folks here and I we can all get something together for you quickly :) )

I've done just a little bit of digging around in NI, but not enough to know exactly what I would need to look for to investigate and make the changes needed. According to the readme for BG1NPC, it is v.12 Beta 3 dated Oct. 2006.

I suspected it was BG1NPC and not some other mod due to how similar it was to other BG1NPC bugs I encountered in previous versions, just as either Imoen in CI or Kivan during BG1 getting stuck on a reoccuring script that mimiced the one that runs whenever you run a player initiated dialogue. Fortunately, on this run through, I didn't encounter any of those problems...which was a first, particular for the scene with Imoen and the pickled man Rielev. Even the infamous Jaheria's quest in Cloakwood worked perfectly.

I'm happy to poke around in NI for a bit, but a few pointers would be delightful.

Ah, and while I'm here, I now remember one other small bug. The club that Jaheria receives a reward for her quest in BG1 still does not display an icon in the inventory screen. It was fixing this little bug that gave me my first taste of NI.

Edited by gwyned, 29 April 2007 - 06:06 PM.

#65 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

gwyned

with NI open up AR0603.ARE Hit the Edit tab. go down to 'Info, trigger or exit point' and look for 'DeadKhalid'. cut that line out then save it. that should stop Jahiera's talk about Khalid death.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#66 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hi guys,

starting from 7th May i'm going to begin from scratch a new BG game. This will include BGT and BG1 only mods (along with druidic sorcerer,Bg2 fixpack and may be some tweaks) and i'd like to include Bg1 NPC project as well. I could report of course some problems i could find during the game, please can some of you point me to the latest finest version of BG1NPC available? I'm not sure what it could be ...

Many thanks,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#67 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:30 AM

mm75, give us a few days, and I will try to track this down and kill it (and one other thing with Kiva's timer). If all goes well, I can have a new version for you to try - PM me for the link. I am hoping to get lots of stuff wrapped up within the next week or so - I guess your May 7 start is as good a deadline to push for as any :)

#68 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

mm75, give us a few days, and I will try to track this down and kill it (and one other thing with Kiva's timer). If all goes well, I can have a new version for you to try - PM me for the link. I am hoping to get lots of stuff wrapped up within the next week or so - I guess your May 7 start is as good a deadline to push for as any :)

Yep, great cmorgan :cheers:
I won't be able to start a new game before 7th of May but neither later i can wait (just 'cause of little time available). I just have the whole week to play and test BGT+mods and i'd like to finish at least the whole BG1 part of the game by that week ... :rolleyes:

I just have a quick question for now: is it a problem for your BG1 NPC Project if i paly with a modded Immy? I'd use the one kitted by Vlad (charming rogue kit, which is really one of the best kit around IMHO) ...

I'll be glad to help and test your new version,

:cheers:

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 30 April 2007 - 06:00 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#69 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

The only problem I forsee with a modded Imoen is if her BanterFile, Joined Dialogue File, DV, or Post-Dialogue File are changed from the standard BGT versions. If you toss a link to the mod, or a copy of the .cre to me via PM, I can take a look. I can't vouch for what happens in the BG2 portion of the game to the .cre, though - for that you would need to talk to a solid BGT'er.

Edited by cmorgan, 30 April 2007 - 01:36 PM.

#70 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Ya know, I hate to go catering to every mod under the sun, but this really has the potential to make life tough for people on a BGT install who want to have BG1 NPC and the Imoen romance.

The problem is her PID file.

Couldn't we just separate out Immy's PID, do an autodetect for the mod in question, and only install it if the Immy romance isn't present?

We should talk to some BGT modders and solicit recommendations. It would be great if we could get BG1 NPC to play nice with other mods.

Or maybe I'm missing the point?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#71 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

mm75,

Charming Rogue Immy kit! I wont play with out it!! It is best to install NeJ2 before BG1NPC. Vlad did make Kit only version. It works for me.

Edited by Chevalier, 30 April 2007 - 03:01 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#72 gwyned

gwyned
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

gwyned

with NI open up AR0603.ARE Hit the Edit tab. go down to 'Info, trigger or exit point' and look for 'DeadKhalid'. cut that line out then save it. that should stop Jahiera's talk about Khalid death.

I don't suppose I can use NI to repair the script such that the proper dialogue will fire when Jaheria steps up to Khalid's body rather than simply deleting the script entirely? I found the relevant dialogue and script, but I don't know enough yet to make whatever changes are needed.

EDIT: Nevermind. I went in and set the proper Global value for Jaheria to trigger the script, and the scene then worked as normal, cancelling the repeated trigger once it had properly run once.

Edited by gwyned, 30 April 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#73 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

Good news for the future. I played/tested the lastest internal version of BG1NPC and Jahiera finds Khalid's body and her dialogue works just fine.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#74 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

@ berelinde - I'm not sure about the Imoen Romance... I think we would have to do some major research. And it is rumored to be a little more... interesting... than either you or I would normally discuss. We play ok with most mods on the BGT side, now that we shut down all content post-BG1 and have the help of BGT'ers to determine dialogue states, but I think that the Imoen Romance might need some updating before we could play well together...

@gwyneth - cool - and next run, if the external version isn't out yet, drop me a PM and I will make sure you get the latest and greatest.

@mm75 - I looked through the materias Chev linked -- and definitely install anything like this *before* BG1 NPC. I am not completely sanguine about some of the changes transferring, as Vlad (quite rightly) set this up as a BGT mod, and tore it loose from his own work to support you guys... it does some .cre manipulation and changes the .dlg file a bit, but it looks like it only changes .cres that you would find in the BG2 version. I would have to look more carefully to see if the myriad of .BCS extensions and changes and the dialogue patching did anything to directly conflict. It looks interesting, and he has definitely done a thorough and clean job of coding, but I would need time to do some studying to see all of what he has done here (and that would delay the recoding).

So, story short - Chev is experienced at playing using both the smaller version and the full version with BG1 NPC - if he says it works, I trust him :). Please don't bother Vlad about the compatability question, as he has made a principled decision on the conditions of use of NEJ2 - he has already gone a good way past that to create the standalone minimod.

#75 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

I think that compatibility with other banter / NPC mods should be something to refine after a fully working version is out.

Ironing out possible incompatibilties is a huge work and I bet many people would love to play BG1 NPC project for BGT as standalone (I would do) so I am longing to receive the "usual" cmorgan's update about their current WIP! ^_^

Thank you all, guys and girls! :Bow:

Edited by Salk, 30 April 2007 - 09:02 PM.

#76 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

Well, we are still working; last night I finished optimizing and rechecking the 450 CHAINs in Phase2 and Phase3 and doublechecking for cross-platform avriable useage, now working through 610 weighted states for the same (non-weightedstates don't need as much handling and directly called states just need cosmetic tweaks, like changing "CHAIN IF ~~ THEN ~dlgfile~ statename" to "CHAIN ~dlgfile~ statename".

The Phase1 materials are the most complicated as they are the oldest, and every time we go through them we find something that was done slightly differently, so while we want to try for something for May 8th, there are no guarantees that it will have everything done (like I said, the two final quests are still being worked over, don't have creatures or items create, and will need separate stand-alone testing before integration).

But we're actively (and several times per week) working on it!

#77 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:31 PM

I'll see if I can't get the Phase 1 materials to cmorgan by the end of the day on May 5. Hopefully, that will allow them to be integrated. Wish there was more time to test them, tho...

berelinde's mods

#78 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:13 PM

Ironing out possible incompatibilties is a huge work and I bet many people would love to play BG1 NPC project for BGT as standalone (I would do) so I am longing to receive the "usual" cmorgan's update about their current WIP!

Really? BG1 NPC Project must be really good...

(But, seriously, that's a very welcome suggestion - the more people help us test play the new version, the better).

#79 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

Charming Rogue Immy kit! I wont play with out it!! It is best to install NeJ2 before BG1NPC. Vlad did make Kit only version. It works for me.

Wow, how could I miss it?! Chevalier, thanks for the tip, I really hope this kits are compatible with BG1 NPC...

Edited by Elrona, 02 May 2007 - 12:31 AM.

#80 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

The Kit sure seems to work just fine, I am playing with it right now! I like to get her to 10 or 11 lvl CR then dual her to Mage. Then she really Rocks!!!!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev