Photo

Imoen Discussion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Domi: By the supportive brother/sister role, that isn't limited to supporting Imoen. What it means is that its just a more regular relationship with her - there'll be lots of two-way supporting!

Nah, that was another Guest actually :)

#22 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

I probably should have checked the IPs first - sorry, guest & Domi!!

Okay - as much as I love the idea of corrupting Imoen, I'm just not prepared for the workload. Unless someone else wants to take over that part (and I'd be happy to help do it, I really would!!) I think it'll have to be dropped, leaving 2 paths - a more light one, and a more contemplative one. Your choice. :)

Unless someone does come and write a corrupted!Imoen, she will slowly get angry and resentful of your mistreating of her, and eventually leave - unless somebody else has any ideas which are a lot less work! :)

(This is my way of saying: writers, please to PM me and write corrupted!Imoen for the IEP!)

;P

#23 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:44 AM

Imoen must not be corrupted! I know she can be annoying at times and that the presence she has in game is a bit too much, but she is your sister (if not, your best friend), the one who stayed with you from the very beginning. At maximun, I can imagine her turned into Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral. Imoen Evil? Ha!
What she really needs are more dialogs, banters and interjections. After you rescue her, she doesn't almost talk.
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#24 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

Even if the feature is implemented, the decision whether or not to corrupt Imoen will be left to the player, just as it is possible to redeem Sarevok or Viconia.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#25 Kitana

Kitana
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

The problem I see with Imoen being corrupted is that other mods aren't going to take this into account, and then you have Imoen being dark and evil one moment and little-sister-ish the next...

#26 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

The problem I see with Imoen being corrupted is that other mods aren't going to take this into account, and then you have Imoen being dark and evil one moment and little-sister-ish the next...

Absolutely, yes. Or, indeed, if IEP is going to change Cernd's personality, or any other NPC's. But as long as it is expansion, not rewriting, I believe it'll be fine.

#27 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

We aren't changing any of the NPCs personalities. And if we do anything of the sort for Imoen, we will be taking other mods into account. And it would not be changing her personality, but developing it into other avenues. :)

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

She should comment more on Charname's relationship with whoever (s)he fancies. I mean, just imagine that Charname is dating Viconia, she becomes afraid after all those assassins sent from Lloth and breaks off until the ToB part and Imoen stays QUIET on it???? She may not like Viconia but she likes her brother and I am sure that she would try to comfort him.

The same goes for the Aerie relationship. Suddenly she sort of breaks off in the SoA path and once again Imoen remains quiet??? I'm afraid that she'd probably give Aerie a slap for doing that to her brother.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Anomen romance!!!! Can you imagine the talks she'd have with her sister? lol I'm sorry, but could be pure comedy gold!!!!

#29 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:38 PM

Hells, yes! Absolutely!

How many exclamation points can I stick in here before I get hauled off for lunacy?

Anyway, I really think romantic commentary is, in general, sadly lacking. NPCs can certainly extend their input on <CHARNAME>'s romantic decisions beyond catfighting.

Why confine it to Imoen? I can't imagine Aerie would be thrilled with <CHARNAME> and a CN Anomen. Keldorn would probably offer all the best to <CHARNAME> and a LG Anomen. And I imagine Minsc would want to comment if he didn't think <CHARNAME> was good enough for his witch.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#30 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

Oh, indeed! And - if you introduce such an option, I'd really, really like to be able to tell Imoen off in no uncertain terms. I mean, that banter from the Banter pack, where Imoen tells all these horrible things to Viconia(and my PC's feelings for Viconia are "If you leave, I'll die without you"), and all PC can do is either say "Back off, Imoen" or "Back off, Viconia", not something like

"Listen, Imoen. You are a nobody to me. Your share of kills is the smallest in this group - you are only kept out of pity, for if I allow you to leave, other Bhaalspawn shall crush you immediately. And yet, instead of gratitude - not that I expected any from a brat like you! - you pry into my private life? Don't you dare broach the subject with me ever again, or I swear, I will remember each and every occasion you hurt me in the past, and you *will* pay for it! And, should I notice that you approach Aerie - in her condition! - with your nonsense, you are out of this group!"

#31 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:02 AM

I don't know if it's possible to really account for every possible permutation of "Who in the nine hells asked you, anyway? I don't really give a xvart's earlobe what you think, so shut the hells up and mind your own business, for a change!", but yeah, that should probably be one possibel response. Doubt she'd heed the reprimand, though.

Positive and negative PC reaction is always possible.

'Course, Kaeloree's writing Imoen, so it's really going to be his decision, in the end.

berelinde's mods

#32 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:17 AM

And I'm sure it will be a great decision and we all will enjoy this mod! I will also like to have more responses to Imoen, and the idea of her talking about PC romances are great. No brother/sister keep quiet about her brother/sister relationships, and Imoen can't (it is impossible for her) keep quiet at all!
This mod is going to be one of the almost always installed mods in everybody BG2 installation, at least in my installation it will always be.
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#33 XzPePijNzX

XzPePijNzX
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

Tough one should, if he wanted to, be able to corrupt Imoen, after all, she is a child of bhaal, her soul was owned by a vampire (not that i know anybody who has that, but i'm sure it won't do your personality any good), and she has been developing abilities of bhaal just as <CHARNAME> does (Or was that ascension-added). Anyway all signs lead to the fact that you may get her to chaotic neutral so she can hang out with anomen for a while.

Oh and then you may have a new lady of murder, because an evil imoen won't lay down the bhaal essence so quickly for sure. So you can add yet another twist to the final ending of ToB (something which i heartidly support)

#34 X-Calibar

X-Calibar
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

We aren't changing any of the NPCs personalities. And if we do anything of the sort for Imoen, we will be taking other mods into account. And it would not be changing her personality, but developing it into other avenues.

BG1 NPC Project + Banter Packs + Imoen Romance SoA +Imoen Romance ToB + NPC Interaction Expansion Project

... I think I found a match made in heaven
If they flow together and work I think I'll cry ;)

I'm eager to start Baldur's Gate Saga again..!

------------
Something to think about...
This may be something you don't want to take on but,
One point that I feel is extra weak in the game, I brought it up here :
http://www.imoen.org...topic.php?t=861

To summarize, one of the ***hugeeee*** plot points in Baldur's Gate 2 is going to rescue Imoen [which you can take all the time in the world without Imoen suffering anymore or less] and then arriving at Spellhold to find a broken Imoen... After all the torture and suffering she's endured, you find her incoherent; to the point that when you arrive at last, to save her; she cannot even hear you.

After all of the horrid torture; being broken; losing her soul and maybe even watching you go through the same thing... in the cutscene following getting captured by Irenicus,
You get thrown into the depths of Spellhold... and *POP*!
It's me Imoen! Hey Charname what's up! Please introduce me to your new companions ;)
I mean you saw how much it affected her in the first dungeon of the game, after all that's happened she's insta-OK?

..The dream sequence turns out not to be Imoen, so finding her back to normal after you recover from near death... is so unbelievable; I know it's a crucial point in the game. As strong as Imoen is, (being totally shattered) to (took you long enough!) is far too much of a leap to make by being tossed down deep into Spellhold. For crying out loud, Charname turns into the Slayer after a little while, if Imoen should be coherent enough to register Charname at that point, that should disturb her greatly...

Er so what I'm saying is, the first half of the game built up to this;
Save Imoen.

Insta-save sounds like Dungeon-be-gone or Troubles-be-gone...
I just feel like it should be up to Charname for the most part to find a way to snap her out of it; where's the drama! where's the reality!

The other members on Imoen Romance fourm informed me that Imoen originally was to be killed off at this point in the game; until the writers discovered to their suprize, Imoen was one of the most popular characters, and wrote her back in...

If you did undertake this dire plot change [although it might be better to warrant a new mod]; Wouldn't it be pretty simple to just change the immediate greet and meet to after dealing with Irenicus or something? As much as Imoen wants to meet and greet, I feel like her sanity takes priority.

In any case, looking forward to your work!

Edited by X-Calibar, 14 February 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#35 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:00 PM

There will be an element of that and a rewrite there, yes. But the way I envisage Imoen is wildly different to the way Lord M did in the Imoen Romance, so I'd recommend not playing the two together, because there would be loads of logical inconsistances (as well as character differences). With the IEP, we're trying to stick as closely to the Biowarian characters as possible, and not deviating slightly like the Imoen Romance did with Imoen's character.

But, yeah, there'll definately be a bigger focus on Spellhold :)

#36 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

Just as an aside, there have been some problems reported with using Imoen's romance together with the BG1 NPC Project on a BGT installation. BG1 NPC Project includes a check for the end of BG1. I do not know if the Imoen romance does. The PIDs were not compatible. I think the workaround was to not install the PID component of BG1 NPC if you planned to romance Immy.

If this has been corrected, please disregard this post.

berelinde's mods

#37 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

You're right: Imoen Rom doesn't have such a check, but starting with the alpha you have now(I think; check it, because I only have pro5_2, and it doesn't have it), BG1 NPC PIDs have been fixed, the check has been added. So, starting with the next public version of BG1 NPC, these two mods will be fully compatible.

#38 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:54 AM

I am pleased to report that the next alpha does indeed include a check for the end of BG1.

However, the Imoen Romance will still not have such a check. Therefore, it will be necessary to install the Imoen Romance after the conclusion of BG1 if you want to be able to use the PID function during BG1.

berelinde's mods