• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

@Mahng:

Have you got a copy of WeiDU.exe? If not, just make a copy of Setup-Fade.exe and rename it WeiDU. Put it in your BG2 directory. Then run MS-DOS prompt, and in DOS, go to your BG2 directory and type: weidu ARAN.dlg. This will create a file called ARAN.d in your BG2 directory. Just send me the ARAN.d file.

@Gaheir:

Yeah, let's hope we see her back on the forums soon. :)

#42 Mahng

Mahng
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

@Mahng:

Have you got a copy of WeiDU.exe? If not, just make a copy of Setup-Fade.exe and rename it WeiDU. Put it in your BG2 directory. Then run MS-DOS prompt, and in DOS, go to your BG2 directory and type: weidu ARAN.dlg. This will create a file called ARAN.d in your BG2 directory. Just send me the ARAN.d file.

Thanks - ok I have the Aran.d file but not sure how I can send it to you ... oh here it is!

Attached Files

• Attached File  ARAN.d   84.26K   622 downloads

#43 Ystalwyn

Ystalwyn
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Here's hoping someone's still looking at this forum:

First of all: Loving the Fade mod!

I'm currently in Act 6 and having trouble getting Fade's final quest started. Right before heading to see Aran Linvale to get help against Bohdi, I got a message that he wanted to see Fade. When I got there, we only had the standard Bohdi conversation, and he mentioned nothing about why he wanted to see Fade, even after repeated conversations. So, I went and fought Bodhi, Fade was kidnapped, then restored, and she reminded me that Aran wanted to see her. I went back, and all Aran does is tell me he's glad Bodhi is finally dead.

E3FinalQuest is currently set to 1. It's my understanding that Aran gives a quest here to get things going, but he's not saying a word. Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this?

Also, I didn't run into Mallon when I exited the Underdark--I've read this normally happens. (It's also possible I killed him when I rescued Fade the first time around, so maybe that's as it should be. Quite honestly it was about 4 weeks ago and I don't remember how that ended. I'm playing through slowly.) :)

#44 Naxylldritt

Naxylldritt
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'd recommend checking the dialogue nodes in Aran.dlg and looking to see if the conditions for the quest starting dialogue are correct. I recently played this quest myself and the conditions were as follows:

InParty("E3Fade")
!StateCheck("E3Fade",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("E3FINALQUEST","GLOBAL",1)
Global("E3FADEREMINDER","GLOBAL",0) <-- This one can be 0 or 1, both start the quest, but 1 yields a slightly more agitated Aran. :P

It might also be worth it to double check the variables for your save game with CLUAConsole or in ShadowKeeper to make sure those variables have been actually set as necessary. Anything that doesn't appear to match up, you'll want to correct. If the dialogue block for starting the quest is missing entirely, then I'd recommend simply reinstalling the mod. Hope that helps.

banner.png

RNHome is now a subsidary of Finlandcycles. Check it out!