Fade's Final quest

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:19 AM

there's no conflict between Fade and the Lich in the Docks (unless, and this is only an outside chance, yr using the Lich in the Docks from DSOA, which might - i say might, cos i haven't checked it, altho it was coded by hlid who knew what he was doing - conflict with Fade if installed after Fade).

Xekral will turn up if E3FINALQUEST=3 and E3XERALSPAWN=0; conceivably, if you've already killed him when you fought the Lich you should just be able to cruise thru to the final destination to finish the quest. to get him to sapwn, go to the docks area (but not inside the warehouse), and do:

SetGlobal("E3FINALQUEST","GLOBAL",3)
SetGlobal("E3XEKRALSPAWN","GLOBAL",0)
SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADE3XEKRAL","GLOBAL",0)

and then enter the warehouse, where Xekral will be waiting to be killed by you again.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

Well i didn't mean to imply anything by my previous statement ( is not like the Lich mods is wrongly coded or something like that) is just that it seemed logical that two scripts in the same location may cause some compatibility trouble, just a supposition. Actually Fade was one of the last Weidu mods i installed (together with most npc/romance mods) so maybe that has something to do with it. Well i don't remember killing him together with the lich, im pretty sure she was alone (save her minions) when i went there, maybe something else prevented him from spawning or maybe he was just there being invisible for some reason. Thx for the variables i'll try to set them to those values and see what happens

#23 -Fell-Knight-

-Fell-Knight-

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

well i tried using the Console commands but nothing happened, i tried using a previous safe game and nothing happened, even tried used a previous saved game+ the console and still nothing happens when i get inside the warehouse/storage room, i don't remember killing him along with the lich (unless he is coded to be always there but invisible) and since this is my first play through i don't know what to do... Help needed plz!!! (since the previous comand didn't spawned him maybe i can try with his creature code, just a thought)

#24 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:52 AM

Use the CreateCreature command first and report if it works or not. It should spawn him either way but his dialogue might not.
--GhostNWN

#25 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:40 AM

if Xekral is not spawning when you set the variables as i previously indicated, then enter the warehouse, and do the following (paying close attention to yr spelling, i might add):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("E3FINALQUEST","GLOBAL",3)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("E3XEKRALSPAWN","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADE3XEKRAL","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("E3XEKRAL")

that will make him spawn, and will make his dialogues work correctly. and if it doesn't, then, as i said, check your typing. carefully.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#26 -Felll-Knight-

-Felll-Knight-

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Thnx alot! it finally worked, apparently the other variables were ok(i decided to chek em first in another game), but for some reason he wasn't spawning(solved tnx to the last comand you posted). I belive the issue wasn't caused by the lich at all (like you said), when i tried to quick save the "you can't save when there are monsters around" message pop'd up wich was odd since it was only me+the party in the room, wich leads me to believe that somehow one the enemies died but the game didn't recognized as such and because of that Xekral cant spawn (maybe he is coded to spawn when it's safe, but since the game is telling him otherwise the poor fella can't). Now that im putting my mind to it, during my fight with the lich some of the ramdom thugs that spawn in the docks at night followed me-you know the ones in the original unmoded game- and died inside that room, maybe the original game was what caused themy problem (it sounds wacky but maybe some could check it out) anyway thnx for helping complete the romance, great mod! cant wait for the TOB release

#27 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

Heh. The problem with your solution is that it's the problem itself: the number of unoccupied locations in the game is limited. The chances of a mod adding a creature to the same area, thus creating a conflict, are quite real. I'd recommend dealing with said lich before you go and seek out Fade's big bro; changing his location would solve little to nothing and create more problems (for one, where to move him?).

What about Using the Two story house in the Bridge District? You know the big one in the center? It's the one for which you find Red Rose near for the "Skinners Quest". Seems No one has used that for any mods and there are plenty of empty rooms upstairs. Hey I know nothing about modding but it was just a thought. Seems that building is just there. LOL After all I can't find Fade in the Guarded compound. Did make a post about it and if you can help would appreciate it.

DragonMaster

#28 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

Heh. The problem with your solution is that it's the problem itself: the number of unoccupied locations in the game is limited. The chances of a mod adding a creature to the same area, thus creating a conflict, are quite real. I'd recommend dealing with said lich before you go and seek out Fade's big bro; changing his location would solve little to nothing and create more problems (for one, where to move him?).

What about Using the Two story house in the Bridge District? You know the big one in the center? It's the one for which you find Red Rose near for the "Skinners Quest". Seems No one has used that for any mods and there are plenty of empty rooms upstairs. Hey I know nothing about modding but it was just a thought. Seems that building is just there. LOL After all I can't find Fade in the Guarded compound. Did make a post about it and if you can help would appreciate it.

DragonMaster

P.S. Found her. Seems I had a conflict with a component of the Tactics v2.3 moc. Removed it and now I'm back on track with fade.<G>

#29 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

You could move him to the exterior :) Or maybe on one of the roofways above Maevar's guild or in one of the taverns there.

btw, I also noticed this final quest does not give a journal entry.

You could also move him to the Two story house in the middle of the Bridge District as well. The one for which just across from the 5 flagons inn After all there is many empty rooms there that nobody has yet to use. And I've yet to figure what that house is actually for in all the years for which I've played the game.

Also I believe that there is a couple of conflicts between the Tactics mod and the fade romance.

1. Having the lich in the docs part of the mod won't let her quest activate in Chapter 6.

2. The other one is when she gets kidnapped in the beginning if you have the improved Guarded Compound; which is another part of the Tactics module she or the guy guarding her won't show up.

Only once I removed both of this parts of the module would the above be able to work properly.

Not sure if it's due to the fact that I've got the Fade mod installed before the Tactics mod or not. Anyone else with any ideas?

BTW would love to compliment you on the Bodhi part of the Fade mod. Loved the way for which you had to bring her back. Sure put a great twist into the game.<G>

Looking forward to the Bhaal portion of the mod. If your looking for a beta tester I'm game.<G>

DragonMaster

#30 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:27 AM

I reckon Tactics overwrites the scripts assigned to the areas, so any changes Fade makes are erased. Try installing Fade after Tactics and see if that changes anything (it should).

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#31 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:25 AM

I reckon Tactics overwrites the scripts assigned to the areas, so any changes Fade makes are erased. Try installing Fade after Tactics and see if that changes anything (it should).

I'll try what you said and see if it dont work. After all I do have her installed before the Tactics mod.

As for looking for empty rooms or building try there are several in the game there is a few in Waukeens Promenade don't have the xy co-ordinates but I could get them for you. And like I mentioned before there is the big 2 story house in the center of the Bridge District. I could probably find some more for you if your interested. :cheers:

#32 -Mahng-

-Mahng-

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

How do I get the final Fade quest?

I am now on Chapter 7 and have entered Suldenessalar. I defeated Bodhi and saved Fade from her demonic possession. Nothing else has come up. E3ROMANCEACTIVE is at 2 and E3FINALQUEST is at 2. Am I missing something? I also talked to Aran and he just commends me for taking care of Bodhi. I have Tashia, Chloe, Keto and that accountant sorceror guy (sorry I forget his name) installed as well. Please let me know - I don't want to miss anything.

---

I'll also take this opportunity to highly commend you, Mistress Elysia for your work of art. I have played with Tashia, Saerileth, Chloe, and Kelsey and I have found Fade to be by far the most enjoyable. While some of the others have their own merits and are good in being convincing NPCs, yours is on a level of its own in terms of character, interest and believability and in terms of emotional range and expression. My favorite point is how you give Fade the spirit of play and this makes her the most alive character in the story.

#33 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

@Dragon Master:

IIRC, the house in the middle of the Bridge District is part of Anomen's quest, if you 'encourage' him to avenge his sister. There are actually not that many empty locations in the whole game - the warehouse was the best we could do.

@Mahng:

If E3FINALQUEST is at 2, that should mean Aran has already told your party where to go for the next stage of the quest... has anything like that happened?

#34 Gaheir

Gaheir
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Sil...
Next time you pop in how about a little update on Fade and a how is Mistress Elysia doing?
We're waiting with bated breath, and some concern for the Mistress...

#35 -Mahng-

-Mahng-

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

If E3FINALQUEST is at 2, that should mean Aran has already told your party where to go for the next stage of the quest... has anything like that happened?
[/quote]

Thanks Silmarien. Funny, I don't remember Aran saying anything but its possible I missed it (could have been one of those times I was playing until 5am). I did find the two halflings and proceeded to handle Fade's family. But then when I report back to Aran so Fade can have "a word with him", Aran still doesn't say anything - he says the same thing about finally killing Bodhi. I tried talking to Aran both with Fade and then with my main character. I assume there should be some kind of dialog and conclusion here - or possibly more?

PS. Just a suggestion but I think Fade's bro could be a bit more perceptive and intelligent to just take on his sis AND 5 big warriors and wizards all by himself, and without a second thought (or some reflection of the situation in his dialogue).

#36 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

@Gaheir:

I heard from Mistress E last week - she's fine, more or less, but got caught up in some RL stuff which wasn't exactly conducive to modding. As I understand it, things have more or less settled down for her now and hopefully we'll see her around on the forums soon.

@Mahng:

You've taken care of Fade's whole family? Do me a favour - check the value of E3FINALQUEST. If it's 8 Aran should have something new to say.

#37 -Mahng-

-Mahng-

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

You've taken care of Fade's whole family? Do me a favour - check the value of E3FINALQUEST. If it's 8 Aran should have something new to say.

Yeah, E3FINALQUEST is at 8 now. But Aran still isn't saying any more than the same comment on killing Bodhi. Is there a way to prompt him?

#38 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:04 AM

Weird. Might be a weighting issue. Can you decompile your version of ARAN.dlg and send me a copy?

#39 -Mahng-

-Mahng-

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

Weird. Might be a weighting issue. Can you decompile your version of ARAN.dlg and send me a copy?

Hm, is that something I can so with Shadowkeeper (I see I can extract CRE files) or do I need to use another program? Not sure what "decompile"means.

#40 Gaheir

Gaheir
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

Sil-thanks for the update on the Mistress-I'm sure we're all happy she's doing well. :)