• 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:47 AM

How good of you to join us, Duality. :)

The changes I made to the baatezu and rakshasa are as following:

Original
@0 = ~Welcome, Headmaster, to the Academy Shop.~
@1 = ~May I see what you have?~
@2 = ~Whats your name?~
@3 = ~But of course, and considering your rank, there will be a sizable discount. ~
@4 = ~Vortel, Headmaster... While not officially a member of the Cowled Wizards, I pride myself on being their chief importer of magics both great and small. ~
@5 = ~Very Good.~
@6 = ~Excellent. Can I see what you have then, please?~

My version
@0 = ~Welcome, Headmaster, to the Academy Shop. What can I do for you today?~
@1 = ~I'd like to see your services.~
@2 = ~Who are you and what are you doing here?~
@3 = ~But of course! And considering your rank, there will be a sizable discount.~
@4 = ~I am Vortel, Headmaster. While not officially a member of the Cowled Wizards, I pride myself on being their chief importer of magics both great and small.~
@5 = ~And you're a... a rakshasa, is that so?~
@6 = ~Excellent. Can I see what you have then, please?~
@7 = ~Yes, Headmaster, that seems to be the case.~
@8 = ~How is that even allowed?~
@9 = ~Aha. Well, I suppose that's alright then.~
@10 = ~Excellent. Can I see what you have then, please?~
@11 = ~Sorry, sir?~
@12 = ~I mean, you're a rakshasa for crying out loud!~
@13 = ~Oh, that. Well, I could have changed into another shape, but any decent mage would have seen through the disguise. And besides, I'd still have the urge to gnaw the flesh off the faces of little human children. So I said to myself, "What's the point, Vortel?", y'know?~
@14 = ~Uh. I... see.~
@15 = ~(Sigh) Could I just please see your wares?~
@16 = ~Nothing, actually. I'll be on my way.~

The thing that first made me want to change it, was the fact that no matter what dialogue options you chose, you always had to look at his wares. Also, the dialog was really dry, which was strange since having a raksasha indirectly working for you is soo cool and strange!
Now it runs smoother, and the dialogue is more flexible, as is also the case with the longer baatezu dialog, as I hope you'll agree.
The baatezu dialog is longer, so here's the links to the two .tra-files: Original and Updated.

Knowing that you went into this project not wishing to change the orignal plot, and finding that there was little else I could change without doing this myself, I decided not to touch the mod at all.
Since you're back however, I'd be glad to resume, in collaboration with you.
I sent you an e-mail, but I did not receive an answer. Am I from this to understand that your current e-mail is not working?

I've written some of the changes I'd like to make. Also, there's the funny thing you added to the mod, with the professor and all that. Since it's not finished and mostly just for show, I'd strongly recommend teleporting him out after the sequence is over, since when the sorcerer is spawned and starts killing everyone, the professor just stands there looking stupid and being totally ignored by the bloodthristy sorcerer.

On another note, since Duality is back and has more or less approved people tinkering with the mod, the download link to the mod is now working again.

According to my webstats, the mod has gotten 197 hits. Not sure if that's 197 actual unique downloads, but still... :)

#23 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Actually, that e-mail works fine, I just didn't reconize the name and didn't bother to look at the subject heading, I can be lazy like that sometimes :)

I like both the dialogs, I never got around to doing much with either that Baatezu or the Rakshasa (in fact, after I posted last night, I couldn't remember where the rakshasa even was in the mod) so any improvement is good :)

Ah, the stupid, stupid professor. Yes, he is supposed to disable when Teos and the others teleport in, it's odd that he doesn't. Check the AR0410.bcs file, third IF block down should say:
Global("psGiveTeosArtifactCounter", "GLOBAL", 1)

Then there should be a number of Deactivate("psApp0XX") after that.

Although, I just realized that I had the wrong variables set for turning him back on....... Doh! Maybe I added this after I uploaded the lastest version..? I forget and clearly I never tested it to make sure he comes back. The whole professor thing is really unfinished, I don't think I even finished the flashy crap that occurs before the portal is supposed to open. (and this is why I never released 2.5 officially, to many little annoyances) And the quest is entirely unfinished sooo.....

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 22 February 2007 - 09:44 AM.

#24 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

Just out of curiosity, could those of us who're already in the middle of a mega-mod run-through get a list of the files that have been modified in the new version? I'm not willing to go through the re-install process just to update the mod, but I'd certainly apply a patch without reinstalling. I'd even manually update the BCS files if needed.

Just a thought.

DtD

#25 Malbolgia

Malbolgia
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

DLG\psVortel.d
DLG\psBaat.d
DLG\psTeos.d
DLG\psAddAtt1.d
DLG\psTest04.d
DLG\psMel.d

english\psApp08.tra
english\psApp07.tra
english\psApp04.tra
english\psAdAtt1.tra
english\psApAtt1.tra
english\psApAtt2.tra
englsih\psApp02.tra
english\psTest04.tra
english\setup.tra
english\psVortel.tra
english\psBaat.tra
english\psTeos.tra
english\psMel.tra
english\psDream.tra

CRE\psTeos.cre
CRE\psAdApp1.cre
CRE\psAdApp2.cre
CRE\psAdApp3.cre
CRE\psAdApp4.cre
CRE\psAdApp5.cre
CRE\psAdApp6.cre
CRE\psTest01.cre
CRE\psTest02.cre
CRE\psTest03.cre
CRE\psTest04.cre
CRE\psAdv01.cre
CRE\psAdv03.cre

ITM\psArti.itm

CRE and ITM is simply removing one portrait, removing gold drops littering the floors, adding boots of speed to one drop, and making the artifact unsellable.

Not sure how you'd go about doing this really, and why you'd need this list. Can't you just remove the PSMod entry from WeiDu.log and run the install?

#26 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

Not sure how you'd go about doing this really, and why you'd need this list. Can't you just remove the PSMod entry from WeiDu.log and run the install?

Well, for one thing, if you run BP177, most creatures get modified, and any CREs installed after that don't get the AI update. Also, if there had been script changes (EXTEND_TOP, etc.), then the BCS files would end up with two of the same script blocks, and since my mega-mod is so hard to keep relatively bug-free, the less bugs introduced, the better. Still, I suppose I could have simply searched the TP2 for EXTEND routines... :whistling:

Thanks for the list, though!

:cheers:

DtD

#27 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:45 AM

The following area scripts contain OnCreation, so if you Extend_TOP you need to add Continue() to each script block in your .baf's or it could cause other script blocks under yours to not execute.

ar0300 psAR0300.baf
ar0400 psAR0400.baf
ar0500 psAR0500.baf
ar0700 psAR0700.baf
ar0900 psAR0900.baf
ar1000 psAR1000.baf

EXAMPLE:

IF
	Global("psForcedEncounterToggle","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		StartCutSceneMode()
		CutSceneID(Player1)
		DisplayStringHead(Player1, @533)
		Wait(10)
		FadeToColor([20.0], 0)
		Wait(1)
		ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[257.730],10))
		ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[216.693],10))
		ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[291.758],10))
		ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[249.783],10))
		ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[215.746],10))
		ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPSQ1","",[185.716],10))
		EndCutSceneMode()
		Continue()	 //  <---  would be added before each END in each block
END

ronin

#28 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

The following area scripts contain OnCreation, so if you Extend_TOP you need to add Continue() to each script block in your .baf's or it could cause other script blocks under yours to not execute.

But only on the initial run through, since scripts loop, and most of the added blocks only execute once, while it might delay a block that occurs after it, it shouldn't cause any real problems in the long run. Unless, there are other OnCreation blocks... hmmm... I'll take a look at that, thanks for the warning. (I knew very little about scripting when I started working on this :))

And as a note, all of the area script changes use EXTEND in some format, thus making sure that no files get overwritten. I tried to make the mod as compatible with others mods as possible.

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 23 February 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#29 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

Check this link out for more info on Continue() 's

http://www.shsforums...amp;hl=Continue

ronin

#30 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

Well, it's apparently a moot point :)
I just checked and the only place I used OnCreation() was in the custom area, so no changes needed :)

As a side not, Malbolgia and I were discussing making the Sphere available in ToB. Setting it up would be somewhat of a pain so I'm curious what other people think, do you want to be able to access the Sphere in ToB?

-Duality

#31 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

I just checked and the only place I used OnCreation() was in the custom area, so no changes needed :)
-Duality

Its not you using OnCreation(), its the extend_tops you use on area scripts that have OnCreation already in them like the 6 areas I posted above.

#32 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

-Duality

Its not you using OnCreation(), its the extend_tops you use on area scripts that have OnCreation already in them like the 6 areas I posted above.

*sigh* I'm a little dense sometimes. I was thinking that the only way for my scripts extensions to block the OnCreation ones would be if my extensions were also triggered by OnCreation() but that's not entirely true... I'll run through and put in the Continue()'s all the scripts I use extend_top on, just in case.
:)

-Duality

#33 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

*sigh* I'm a little dense sometimes. I was thinking that the only way for my scripts extensions to block the OnCreation ones would be if my extensions were also triggered by OnCreation() but that's not entirely true... I'll run through and put in the Continue()'s all the scripts I use extend_top on, just in case.
:)

-Duality

Your not dense! You only need them on the scripts I listed above I checked all the other ones and they are fine. Its only for area scripts with OnCreation in them, no other scripts are effected.

#34 kimmel

kimmel
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

This mod sounds cool enough to be a nice addition to TOB; but then, I have not played it yet, so I'm not much of an authority.

Will installing this mod cause sorcerers to have too many spells for their selection screens, and lead to trouble when selecting their spells on level-up? I know there's probably nothing you can do about that issue, so I'm not asking for a fix or anything--I'm just curious. Thanks for your work making the Planar Sphere more interesting!

#35 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

This mod sounds cool enough to be a nice addition to TOB; but then, I have not played it yet, so I'm not much of an authority.

Will installing this mod cause sorcerers to have too many spells for their selection screens, and lead to trouble when selecting their spells on level-up? I know there's probably nothing you can do about that issue, so I'm not asking for a fix or anything--I'm just curious. Thanks for your work making the Planar Sphere more interesting!

mmm.... Thank you for reminding me. None of the spells are added to the sorcerer selection screen for a couple of reasons. In-order to do so they have to be added to the spell.ids which can cause problems with any other mods that also add spells, and I'm lazy. (Overlapping numbers can cause weird effects) As a semi-fix I started to add runestones to the game that would teach sorcerers some (not all, a couple of the spells were too overpowered to be used by sorcerers) of the new spells, but I don't think I finished doing that... mmm... Ok, got to go do that.

Since Malbolgia seems to be ignoring my PM's, once I finish adding the rest of the runestones (real original name huh?) I will probably do a general release. (meaning posting on various forums that it's out and changing the current dl links from 2.2 to 2.6)

As for the ToB thing. You can still access the mod in ToB if you use planar sphere return, the only issue is that you could concievably cause problems (with the world map) or be unable to access certian areas and I'm not totally sure if it's worth the effort that it would take to fix that, I will have to think about it.

Oh, and Ronin, I added the continues to all areas that I modified since there's always the risk (albeit a really tiny one) that another mod would add an OnCreation to an area. Thanks again for pointing that out :)

-Duality

Edited by Duality, 20 March 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#36 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

Is there supposed to be a Helloly.dlg file in this mod? I get a lot of missing resource errors due to it missing when I do a NI check of Triggers and Actions.

It takes a village...

#37 kimmel

kimmel
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

I am thinking of playing a new game, and mildly confused about the status of updates to the Planar Sphere mod; is the 2.6 uploaded in Feb by Malbolgia the most recent version?

#38 --kovarex--

--kovarex--

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:41 AM

I was not able to finish the return solamnic knights to their sphere quest.

The mage I paid him 9000 gp is already waiting in my sphere, but I can't find these solamnic knights, I send then to the temple, but their are not there they are not in the sphere, what is wrong?

#39 kerill

kerill
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I've got the latest version installed (along with standard big picture installation) everything seems to be working fine until the second group of invaders (the adventurers worked fine)- the cutscene hangs forever. Also the examiner, after I talk to all three candidates still says that I haven't talked to them all (rabbit girl, fluying cantrip guy and flower of fire girl).

Anyone else having these problems or am I knackered? It would be a real pity since I am really enjoying the mod.

Other than that great mod, the red wizards were really tough to beat, I can't imagine what the later bosses will be like. Makes me wonder why I take Aerie, dies in every major battle despite protections to the hilt :)

#40 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

everything seems to be working fine until the second group of invaders (the adventurers worked fine)- the cutscene hangs forever.

It's a know bug.
Ieldra has explained how to fix it

But you may encounter other hanging cutscene : better grab my patch or the updated patch from scud.

You could then even indicate the remaining bug, so we can try to fix them.

Other than that great mod

Yep, one of the best

Edited by Ikki, 15 February 2008 - 02:39 AM.