• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Can someone explain to me how exactly travel to AR0421 with the Nightmares in it occurs? Is it done by dialog or script? I'm looking at possibly running this mod in my game, but then when looking at the .tp2, the very 1st thing that occurs is a bunch of area overwrites (AR0412, AR0419, AR0420) and for the life of me I can't see any difference between the files that are overwriting as compared to the files that currently exist in my game, so the question remains,, Why overwrite existing resources???

No area files are over-written. What you are seeing is a number of code blocks being added to the top of the area file scripts, (as well as a couple of new areas) this way, the mod is compatible with any other mod that also modifies those areas. Also, make sure you are using v2.6b, now linked from the downloads center (as of last night) thanks to SConrad.

The various area switching is done via dialog boxes and triggered scripts.
The command used is:
LeaveArea(S:Area*,P:Point*,I:Face*)

Done for each member of the party. You can look at the psPort0x .dlg's to see what was done.

AUTO_TRA ~PlanarSphereMod/%s~

LANGUAGE ~English~

~english~

//~PlanarSphereMod/english~

~PlanarSphereMod/english/setup.tra~

BEGIN ~PlanarSphereMod v2.6b~

SUBCOMPONENT ~PSM~

// TOB Check prior to compiling.

REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @1 // ToB check// Base Copy Overs

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/are~ ~override~ // Area Files

~PlanarSphereMod/Pics~ ~override~ // Mos and Bmp files

~PlanarSphereMod/eff~ ~override~ // Eff Files

~PlanarSphereMod/misc/SPPSQ22.2da~ ~override/SPPSQ22.2da~ // Non-.pro file copy

~PlanarSphereMod/bam~ ~override~ // Bam files
These are all overwrites if the files located within the called directories already exist in game (which several of the area files do). If anyone or any other mod has made patches to these areas (AR0412, AR0419, & AR0420) prior to installing PSM, those changes are gone.

Edited by erebusant, 23 March 2008 - 12:52 PM.

It takes a village...

#62 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Recommend the following change to the .tp2 as follows:

REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @1 // ToB check// Base Copy Overs

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR0412.ARE~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/are/AR0412.ARE~ ~override~

END

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR0419.ARE~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/are/AR0419.ARE~ ~override~

END

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR0420.ARE~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/are/AR0420.ARE~ ~override~

END

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/are/copy~ ~override~ // Area Files (new area files not previously installed in game)

~PlanarSphereMod/Pics~ ~override~ // Mos and Bmp files including additional search regions in AR0412SR.bmp

~PlanarSphereMod/eff~ ~override~ // Eff Files

~PlanarSphereMod/misc/SPPSQ22.2da~ ~override/SPPSQ22.2da~ // Non-.pro file copy

~PlanarSphereMod/bam~ ~override~ // Bam files

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~msplg1.bam~ THEN BEGIN

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/bam/check/msplg1.bam~ ~override~

END

Edited by erebusant, 23 March 2008 - 04:13 PM.

It takes a village...

#63 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

@ erebusant
Thanks for that update on the TP2 and I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I did. Great cutscenes and I will try Duality's suggested tests for those creatures to try the pscut44. I had a couple bad cre files so that may be the case, but I had 2.6a installed and I don't want to nuke my mega yet. Most of my creature edits were taken from the 2.6b files. It looks funny just reading the BCS.
LOL

Also this a great tactical mod and I will enjoy playing again and again!

Who is supposed to drop the key again? Is it the guy named magic or Sorcery or one of the guys from the schools of magics? I can't remember but will try looking them all up again to see if it is in inventory. There is no problem with it being undroppable as it is a quest piece and gets taken at the final battle or shortly before.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#64 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Some additional .tp2 edit suggestions:

// Cre Files
COPY_EXISTING	~HELMKNI1.CRE~	~override~
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN 	// protects against invalid files
	WRITE_ASCII	0x248		~PSTEMPLE~ #8	// Override 
	WRITE_ASCII	0x250		~SHT0901~ #8	// Class 
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING	~LATKNI01.CRE~	~override~
	WRITE_ASCII	0x250		~TALWAR~ #8		// Class 
	WRITE_ASCII	0x258		~SHT0902~ #8	// Race 
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING	~TALKNI01.CRE~	~override~
	WRITE_ASCII	0x250		~SHT0904~ #8	// Class 
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~LAVOK01.cre~ ~override~	   	//LAVOK needs Robe of Evil Archmagi added and equiped in Armor slot
	ADD_CRE_ITEM			~CLCK17~	#0 #0 #0	~NONE~	~ARMOR~	EQUIP
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Also, if you make the store additions seperate components which can be installed or not as per the player's preference, you can cut out the doubling up of the .tp2 and get rid of all the subcomponent stuff. I think my .tp2 is down to 65Kbit now.

Edited by erebusant, 23 March 2008 - 08:03 PM.

It takes a village...

#65 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

Yeesh, I'm dense.
I was looking for the specific area code in the tp2 file, not even noticing the folder copy at the top.

However, honestly, I don't really care if it overwrites those specific areas. They are all internal pieces of the planar sphere, and I can't/wont try and make the mod compatible with other mods that change the Planar Sphere areas. Too many minor quest pieces occur in those areas, and not installing them would screw up portions of the mod. Although, I can't even remember why the .are files were edited in the first place. It should have just been the area bcs files..... Possibly just a leftover from Inferno's work that I never bothered to change even though it's unnecessary.

Do we know *why* Mal changed the store to be optional? Or *why* he set it up the way he did? Seems like it would have been much easier to install PSM and then have the solo store as optional instead of the way he did it.....

Does anyone actually care if the store is optional? If not, I'll just remove the second redundant half of the tp2 file and bring it back down to the 63k it used to be. If you don't like the store, just don't use it :P It's hard to find anyway and is only there for a short period of time.

The one who actually drops the key is the Invocation form, however, I checked and it IS tagged as undroppable (or rather, not tagged as droppable). I'll have to fix that and upload a new version, preferably with the tp2 changes. Check those .cre files, if they spawn ok, then we'll look for something else. :D

Has anyone actually beaten Mr. Issues on insane diff? I put it in so that the rewards vary depending on the diff you beat him in...... Even though it's in the readme file, somehow I doubt anyone has even noticed that though. :P I'm mainly curious, since looking at his script, I think I may have gone a *bit* overboard on how hard I made him on insane difficulty....

Edited by Duality, 23 March 2008 - 09:04 PM.

#66 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

Ok here is what I got. I looked at the invoker guy and see he has the key. How I missed that I have no idea because I got the odd book from his loot too. Oh well..

New data on PScut44...it was the maril1 corrupted cre that crashes. I think I can import the one from 2.6b and not worry about strings. If that creature causes crash we may have to fix. But I will check the rest of them in case.

@erebusant...are we just replacing similar looking blocks to what you wrote in above posts or are they additions?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#67 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

It was psmaril1 and 2 that had invalid item slots in my install. 2.6b files are golden good and the cutscene works HOOORAHH!

I was able to make everything work locally so 2.6b should be rock solid.

One question, is one of the creatures in the Temple cutscene called "Ultimate Expression of Hatred"? I just couldn't see it all in the banner,,,only in battle text. It doesn't seem like a weird string reference. That was a cool little movie with the dialogs. It was good to see a little humor after some of those tough and exhausting battles. Can you PM me the joke that was censored?

Also I cheated before and looked at Mr. Issues' BCS and saw the random treasures difference. Now that my future runthroughs will be smooth as butter, I will replay many times on differing levels!

Duality, now can we talk about a sequel? :cheers:

- King Diamond

#68 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

lol. I'm glad someone enjoyed that, that set of scenes took me forever to write and debug.

I forgot about the censored line.
I actually have no idea what I was originally thinking about putting in there. I might have just been unable to come up with anything funny, so I stuck that in, figuring that the players imagination would be better than what I could come up with. Either that or the joke I was writing came under the heading of "WRONG!", so I just left it out. Probably the former though, my imagination was severly stretched just writing that much. :D

The two "Ultimate" guys are Demons summoned by the Tanari/Baatezu leaders that are *very* strong. I put them in to make the battle even sillier than it already was. They are worth a lot of xp but that's about it. They *should* have spawned in front of their respective leaders during one of the cut scenes. If they didn't..... Hm....

So no more problems with the Marileths though? And the one's you copied in from 2.6b worked just fine? What exactly was the corrupt item, do you know?

A sequel!?! Are you nuts? Do you know how long it took me to fix the original files, then debug everything, then add new content, then debug that?! My mind shudders at the thought! :crying:

Maybe if TBH ever comes out and it's easy to mod, I'll consider starting a mod for that. No promises though! :lol:

#69 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

lol. I'm glad someone enjoyed that, that set of scenes took me forever to write and debug.

I forgot about the censored line.
I actually have no idea what I was originally thinking about putting in there. I might have just been unable to come up with anything funny, so I stuck that in, figuring that the players imagination would be better than what I could come up with. Either that or the joke I was writing came under the heading of "WRONG!", so I just left it out. Probably the former though, my imagination was severly stretched just writing that much. :D

The two "Ultimate" guys are Demons summoned by the Tanari/Baatezu leaders that are *very* strong. I put them in to make the battle even sillier than it already was. They are worth a lot of xp but that's about it. They *should* have spawned in front of their respective leaders during one of the cut scenes. If they didn't..... Hm....

They were OK spawned, I wasn't sure about there names. All is cool!

So no more problems with the Marileths though? And the one's you copied in from 2.6b worked just fine? What exactly was the corrupt item, do you know?

If I remember, they had invalid items or no items. I messed up importing the fixes in ScuD's early pack, so they may not have made it in at install. The 2.6b babies were complete.

A sequel!?! Are you nuts? Do you know how long it took me to fix the original files, then debug everything, then add new content, then debug that?! My mind shudders at the thought! :crying:

Maybe if TBH ever comes out and it's easy to mod, I'll consider starting a mod for that. No promises though! :lol:

Hahahahah! :cheers: It never hurts to ask. :whistling: Best of luck in your future mods for this and other games.
:Bow: :cheers: :Bow: :cheers:

- King Diamond

#70 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hey, Duality, you have all the stuff from erebusant, right? I can go back into lurker mode, now that the Big Dogs are back in play? (no one needs this stuff repackaged into a new version, right...)

I'm asking because I am trying to take a playing break to rejuvenate, but I don't want to leave folks hanging.

#71 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hey, Duality, you have all the stuff from erebusant, right? I can go back into lurker mode, now that the Big Dogs are back in play? (no one needs this stuff repackaged into a new version, right...)

I'm asking because I am trying to take a playing break to rejuvenate, but I don't want to leave folks hanging.

Actually, you could do me a HUGE favor. :D

I am currently away from my desktop, (using my damn laptop, no BG2, no access to windows) and I wont be able to access it till this weekend. However, at the moment, the key is *still* bugged and I have a slightly updated readme AND erebusant's new tp2 file that really should be uploaded. But I can't do anything about it at the moment. I can't even test the tp2 file (I trust erebusant, but I'm neurotic)......

I would *love* it if you could package the three attached files together and upload them as v2.6c. I can't even make a damn rar file at the moment since I'm using an older version of OS X. Nothing runs on this laptop.... I'll then pester Conrad to upload it to the DL center.

You'll be my hero, forever, I promise. :D

If you can't, no worries, I'll get around to it friday or saturday.

Attached Files

#72 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

Here you go - untested; just quickly edited the readme to header the WeiDU v204 and the moving to c. Dropped the item in the item folder, and packaged. Readme is cheap html (<pre> </pre> ) but ready for fancier cleanup and SHS-ification when someone wants it done and rehosted, if they want to do so.

I will flag this post for SConrad so he can update the official link when he has a second.

Cheers!

(p.s. - somebody test install this, please).

[EDIT by Duality] Currently this DOES NOT WORK. My apologies, I was in a hurry and forgot to check a couple of things, a new, hopefully working version will be up this weekend.
[/EDIT]

REMOVED FOR ERROR FIX

Edited by cmorgan, 26 March 2008 - 10:35 AM.

#73 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

:Bow:
Thank you, that key thing was bugging me a whole lot. I hate having something up there that has a nasty and fixable bug in it.

#74 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

Ok did test install has fatal error. the tp2 calls for an @622 translation for psaver.cre and the setup tra has no @622. the original (26b) calls for @570 for that translation so I changed the tra for 26c to @570 and the install went fine with one warning. Attaching the Debug.

Attached File  SETUP_PLANARSPHEREMOD.DEBUG   958.02K   630 downloads

Warning was an unable to find block matching planarspheremod/snip/ar0411SearchBlock.baf although that file is in the snip directory.

Also checked the PSkey.itm and it is set as moveable in this install.

Now back to my game. LOL if it isn't completely blown up from all the installing/uninstalling I just did :)

Edited by Oldwolf, 26 March 2008 - 09:33 AM.

#75 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

Ok did test install has fatal error. the tp2 calls for an @622 translation for psaver.cre and the setup tra has no @622. the original (26b) calls for @570 for that translation so I changed the tra for 26c to @570 and the install went fine with one warning. Attaching the Debug.

Attached File  SETUP_PLANARSPHEREMOD.DEBUG   958.02K   630 downloads

Warning was an unable to find block matching planarspheremod/snip/ar0411SearchBlock.baf although that file is in the snip directory.

Also checked the PSkey.itm and it is set as moveable in this install.

Now back to my game. LOL if it isn't completely blown up from all the installing/uninstalling I just did :)

Crap, that was my fault. Erebusant told me he added @622 to the tra file, but I forgot about it.

Alright, no worries, I'll get to testing it and upload a new working version this weekend. Sorry morgan....

Thanks for testing it Oldwolf, lets hope it didn't screw up your install too much. :whistling:

Edited by Duality, 26 March 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#76 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

OK, old version reset using @570 instead of @622 - since these are NAME1, NAME2 calls, there is no loss of functionality (just a cosmetic renaming which will bug the garbage out of Duality but won't be damaging to regular gameplay :) ).

Here is the updated package...

Attached File  PlanarSphereMod26c.rar   4.32MB   753 downloads

Edited by cmorgan, 26 March 2008 - 10:42 AM.

#77 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

Updated download manager. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#78 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

No worries Duality, I'm about to start the ps mod, getting ready to go after Valygar now, just finished Umar hills. Only problem I ran into so far (crosses fingers) is my map links were hosed from all the install/uninstall. Just redid the worldmap install and everything looks hunky-dory so far. Will let you know if I run into any problems with the mod itself as I go.

#79 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

OK, old version reset using @570 instead of @622 - since these are NAME1, NAME2 calls, there is no loss of functionality (just a cosmetic renaming which will bug the garbage out of Duality but won't be damaging to regular gameplay :) ).

Here is the updated package...

Attached File  PlanarSphereMod26c.rar   4.32MB   753 downloads

Well, somebody's gotta ask, so it may as well be me (actually, it would be Salk/Bursk, but let me get the jump on them):

So is this version THE version? That is, the original PSMod (+ Duality's changes + those one/two/three other guy's changes + Hoppy/cmorgan's magic touch) ?? The version that when someone asks: where can I download THE Planar Sphere Mod, we give 'em this link?

Edited by Azazello, 10 July 2008 - 04:56 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#80 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

Well, somebody's gotta ask, so it may as well be me (actually, it would be Salk/Bursk, but let me get the jump on them):

So is this version THE version? That is, the original PSMod (+ Duality's changes + those one/two/three other guy's changes + Hoppy/cmorgan's magic touch) ?? The version that when someone asks: where can I download THE Planar Sphere Mod, we give 'em this link?

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=131

Conrad was kind enough to update the link on the main downloads page.

:cheers:

Well, at least assuming nothing else is seriously wrong.

Edited by Duality, 26 March 2008 - 04:46 PM.