Planar Sphere Mod v2.6a

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

I've got the latest version installed (along with standard big picture installation) everything seems to be working fine until the second group of invaders (the adventurers worked fine)- the cutscene hangs forever. Also the examiner, after I talk to all three candidates still says that I haven't talked to them all (rabbit girl, fluying cantrip guy and flower of fire girl).

Anyone else having these problems or am I knackered? It would be a real pity since I am really enjoying the mod.

This is a minor problem where the creature pstest03.cre did not make it in the install. Not in the CRE files in game or override. Moving the said creature file from Planar Sphere Mod file in the SoA folder to the Game's override folder will work. No further editing necessary. The related BCS script will apply it automatically and is a seperate cut scene script. When all is said and done, pstest01 pstest02 pstest03 and pstest04 will spawn.

Hope this helps as I just stumbled on this after not touching game in a week.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#42 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

Is there a way to amend the mod (2.6a + Scud's fixes) so I dont have to correct that after installing the mod ?

#43 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

ETA on revised version availability is about 1 hour. No new bugfixes other than those posted in these threads.

Changes:
1. base planarspheremod v2.6a
2. merged wia WinMerge of file changes in .d, .baf, and .tp2 from Ieldra's, Ikki's, and ScuD's fixes
3. drag n' dropped Ieldra's, Ikki's, and ScuD's non-dialogue fixed files directly over old (.spl/.cre/.bam/etc.)
4. dropped all filenames and foldernames to lowercase for Mac and Linux compatibility (someone else can do it internally in the tp2 if they want).
5. renamed Readme - Spells to spells-readme.doc (it was an unlabled document file)
6. WeiDU version moved up to v204
7. Modernization of tp2 with following:
/* Planar Sphere Mod v2.6b; 2.6a with Ieldra's, Ikki's, and ScuD's fixes incorporated */

BACKUP ~planarspheremod/backup~

AUTHOR ~See_The_Readme (Org: Inferno & M, Updates: Hlid, Duality, Malbolgia)~

/* enable all error messages; nothing suppressed. comment this out for release version */
//MODDER

/* WeiDU v204 allows tp2 level version listing in the .log, so no more tra changes  */
VERSION ~v2.6b~

/* launch the readme file immediately. If you want to disable the ReadMe, place two slashes before it, like //README  */
README ~planarspheremod/readme-planarsphere.txt~

I am now going back to recheck that ScuD got everything reported covered, contrasting the package with the threads here.

PLEASE NOTE: I have not playtested, repaired, reviewed, or mechanically altered the mod in any way beyond integrating fixes posted in these threads. I will install it on a clean SoA/ToB game and provide the .debug file to the team, but I am booked up with other projects - I can't comment on the code, fix stuff, or troubleshoot.

EDIT: Hoppy's notes integrated, but since I don't know the code, duplicated. Original code:

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/cre/psTest03.cre~ ~override/f03.cre~
  SAY NAME1 @5
  SAY NAME2 @5

new code (duplicated .cre with expected name) :

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/cre/psTest03.cre~ ~override/f03.cre~
  SAY NAME1 @5
  SAY NAME2 @5

COPY ~PlanarSphereMod/cre/psTest03.cre~ ~override/psTest03.cre~
  SAY NAME1 @5
  SAY NAME2 @5

EDIT: clean install on vanilla patched SoA/ToB (no Fixpack or Baldurdash). One error from debug with MODDER disabled:
[./override/ar0411.bcs] loaded, 42712 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [PlanarSphereMod/snip/ar0411SearchBlock.baf]

Edited by cmorgan, 02 March 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#44 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

OK: package rebuilt and test installed.

For folks bughunting/fixing this, here is a set of .DEBUG files:
Attached File  NOMODDER_PLANARSPHEREMOD.txt   119.02K   624 downloads
Attached File  MODDER_PLANARSPHEREMOD.txt   182.17K   686 downloads

New version complete package for folks starting out:

Attached File  PlanarSphereMod26b.rar   4.32MB   732 downloads

Edited by cmorgan, 02 March 2008 - 08:11 AM.

#45 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Thank you cmorgan :cheers:

One minor bug in this release 2.6b :
the "spell globe key" (psKey.itm) is still not droppable.
This "key" is require to finish the main quest.

here is a corrected one:
Attached File  pskey.itm   162bytes   568 downloads

#46 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

My broom episode still hangs. I used the modified pscut35 BAF from Ikki and double checked it with the rebundled 2.6b to make sure. It goes to cutscene and the broom knocks the apprentice down and uses punching attacks. The apprentice falls down and lays there, gets up again, falls down and lays there. The broom keeps attacking (punching) and that's it. When is the apprentice supposed to die?

edit: got it, just need to test it. I had a creature file(s) for psbroom1 and psbroom2 with no staff in weapon slot. I looked at the same creatures in 2.6b from cmorgan to compare and that is what I used (the pscre15.itm) for both.

Edited by Hoppy, 12 March 2008 - 06:23 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#47 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Hoppy, toss up the correct files, and this weekend I can throw together 26c if you want - or you can. Let me know if you want me to do it or if you put a new one up, just PM me and I'll take the older one down :)

#48 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:53 PM

Hoppy, toss up the correct files, and this weekend I can throw together 26c if you want - or you can. Let me know if you want me to do it or if you put a new one up, just PM me and I'll take the older one down :)

Hey cmorgan my main man! :cheers:

I actually used the newest ones as a reference (2.6b) and although the strings were mixed up I could copy the stats which all seemed to be the same. However when I tried to equip the item pscre15(quarterstaff) and helmnoana (helmet no animation), which were equipped in the new release and SCUD's fixpack, I kept getting invalid errors with DLTCEP. After swearing and scratching my head I thought to extract those same items into the override and then my creature file was able to update correctly. I wonder if that is because of biffing the override.

When it was all said and done my original creature files were restored and the brooms quest was complete.

This is a cool mod and that was a tough little quest even on easy :devil:

Here they be
Attached File  psbroom1.cre   1.45K   527 downloads
Attached File  psbroom2.cre   1.45K   512 downloads

Thanks to the cast of thousands that created, fixed bugs, repackaged and made this mod so playable. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

- King Diamond

#49 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:14 AM

Has anyone had a problem with cutscene that happens at the temple district after you have gotten the key from the big battle in the government district and the Council of Six battle?

Also I had a problem getting that key. It wasn't given to me, I had to CLUA. Maybe something is missing from the dialog that happens when the battle is over. That was minor.

There should be a cutscene that happens in the temple, docks (that was fine) and the bridge district (fine). The temple crashes after Nubber comes up and says Demons! Fade to black after the dialog ends and crash. This is avoidable after the main mage is defeated and the mod is finished but I wanted to see it and fight more demons.

Attached File  pscut44.BCS   8.75K   645 downloads
and the dialog that triggers cutscene (pscut44.bcs)

Attached File  ps900spa.DLG   322bytes   506 downloads
I checked in 2.6b version and didn't see any differences with 2.5a fixes. Any insights would be great to make sure this isn't going to happen in 2.6b.
Ciao!

Edited by Hoppy, 17 March 2008 - 10:17 AM.

- King Diamond

#50 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

Good lord. This mod still lives.
Yes, I'm (sort of) back, just thought I'd pop in since I was playing NWN2 and see what's going on.

They key is odd, it should have dropped from the final guy you kill, for a while it was tagged as undroppable, (despite the fact that I swear I fixed that at least twice) I don't know if that somehow got reset or not in the various patch/fixes that are running around....

Just to clarify, does Nubber finish his babble? (last line is "AHHH! Save me!")

This is one of the things I added, and it's a REALLY long set of cut scenes, took me a while to get it working on my comp, since there's something like 5 or 6 total cut scenes trigger. So who knows what could be going wrong. Do you happen to have any other mods that might be triggering cut scenes or something else in the temple district?

And lastly, out of curiosity, why is the mod on the downloads page:
Downloads -> SHS Downloads Manager -> Mod Ressurections

Still version 2.2?

Edited by Duality, 22 March 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#51 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Still version 2.2?

Good point--updated. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#52 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Still version 2.2?

Not to nit pick but :whistling:
The link now contains 2.6a, cmorgan posted 2.6b a couple of posts above mine. While I have no idea what the changes are between 2.6 (Mal's changes) and 2.6b since the changelog hasn't been updated, I presume there are at least some bug fixes there.

*sigh* Maybe if I'm phenomenally bored I'll get around to finishing those two areas I was working on..... Probably not though.

Let me rephrase that, ABSOLUTELY MOST DEFINITELY NOT.

Now I remember why I burned out in the first place, adding maps is a giant pain in the ass. I'm attaching a zip file of the two area's I was working on, feel free to use them as you wish. The original BMP's were from.... somewhere. Black Wyrms Lair maybe? They had a list of converted maps at one point. I photo-shopped both maps to fit my needs.

psAR04 is pretty much finished, I noticed one minor glitch in a wall that you can walkthrough but I don't care.
test12 is a HUGE level, max size allowed. 90%~ of the pathing it set. For the most part you can't walk where you shouldn't be able to. Emphasis on "for the most part". There are of course, some exceptions and I got fed up trying to fix them, a long time ago. Only about 10% of the "shaded behind walls" piece is done.

Neither maps have any creatures or triggers attached, I was only working on the pathing and that took so many god-aweful hours of testing and tweaking that I gave up.

Attached Files

Edited by Duality, 22 March 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#53 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Still version 2.2?

Not to nit pick but :whistling:
The link now contains 2.6a, cmorgan posted 2.6b a couple of posts above mine. While I have no idea what the changes are between 2.6 (Mal's changes) and 2.6b since the changelog hasn't been updated, I presume there are at least some bug fixes there.

Heh. Updated again. ;)

You'd wish that people actually would notify me or somebody else if they're unable to update the mods in the DM themselves, to prevent these sort of things... :whistling:

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#54 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

Heh. Updated again. ;)

You'd wish that people actually would notify me or somebody else if they're unable to update the mods in the DM themselves, to prevent these sort of things... :whistling:

No comment, :whistling: and thank you.

Last random question if I may, the two map files I uploaded in my previous post, is there some place to put them where people can find them? I'd hate to have the 90000000 hours I spent on them go to waste.... Although, technically, they aren't mine, since they came from some game and were converted. It's been so long I don't really remember, all I do remember is that I got them off Black Wyrms Lair made some minor photoshop edits to one, and some fair sized changes to the other. Then did the pathing etc.

Edited by Duality, 22 March 2008 - 05:57 PM.

#55 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Last random question if I may, the two map files I uploaded in my previous post, is there some place to put them where people can find them? I'd hate to have the 90000000 hours I spent on them go to waste.... Although, technically, they aren't mine, since they came from some game and were converted. It's been so long I don't really remember, all I do remember is that I got them off Black Wyrms Lair made some minor photoshop edits to one, and some fair sized changes to the other. Then did the pathing etc.

If they're meant for other modders to use, I think IE Modding Resources would be an excellent place to put them. If it's meant for the Planar Sphere, you might want to consider the Mod Resurrections category. You should be able to upload in both categories; see this guide if you're unsure as to how the system works. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#56 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hey Duality!!!!
Yes the Planar Sphere mod lives and is almost bug free, thanks to your work, Ikki, Ieldra, ScuD, and cmorgan. The 2.6b includes the compilation of fixes (in posts) and one or two things left out of the TP2 (I had a creature not get copied to game). The only two points in question were the key that was not dropped by anyone or given. I kept talking to the portal and it said to get the key. I will double check. I just CLUA and it is is undroppable until it gets taken by Lord Ao, I think.

The pscut44 starts after Nubber finishes the dialog. After his last words he walks away and the cut scene starts then crash. I looked at the DLG file for him and it has the command to start cut scene. It was the only thing left I couldn't solve in game. I was using 2.6a but manually adding the fixes.

Thanks Duality! Good to see you again!

Thanks Seb for updating the DL page!

Edited by Hoppy, 22 March 2008 - 07:49 PM.

- King Diamond

#57 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

Oh, here is my weidu and AR900.BCS

Attached File  WeiDU.log   33.43K   493 downloads

Attached File  ar0900.BCS   33.07K   542 downloads

Thanks again! :cheers:

- King Diamond

#58 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

I hate that key, I'm sure it got tagged as undroppable (again), I suppose that should be fixed..... Despite the fact that I *know* I fixed it at least twice before, mainly because it annoyed me so much.....

But on to your actual problem.

Since I can't seem to replicate this problem the easiest way to find it (at least for me :P) would be for you to stick a couple of pauses in there to see exactly which command the game is crashing on. Once that's isolated it becomes much easier to find the actual problem. Possibly a corrupt .cre file... Only thing I can think of offhand anyway.

However, as it has been over a year since I even looked at a piece of coding, let alone did anything with it.... I'm having trouble remembering how I would step through scripts like that to find the exact culprit....... How embarrassing.

I can't for the life of me remember how to do that......

I'm not being very helpful here am I?

The other thing you can try, to see if it is indeed a corrupt .cre file (and I hope it is, since otherwise I'm at a total loss, and we're back to finding out which command it crashes on) is to manually summon in:
Observe
psBaatL
psMari1
psMari2
psBaat04
psTanaL
psTana02
psTana03
psTana04

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can't remember exactly how I used to step through scripts, since my brain seems to have ceased functioning tonight.

#59 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

Can someone explain to me how exactly travel to AR0421 with the Nightmares in it occurs? Is it done by dialog or script? I'm looking at possibly running this mod in my game, but then when looking at the .tp2, the very 1st thing that occurs is a bunch of area overwrites (AR0412, AR0419, AR0420) and for the life of me I can't see any difference between the files that are overwriting as compared to the files that currently exist in my game, so the question remains,, Why overwrite existing resources???

It takes a village...

#60 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

Can someone explain to me how exactly travel to AR0421 with the Nightmares in it occurs? Is it done by dialog or script? I'm looking at possibly running this mod in my game, but then when looking at the .tp2, the very 1st thing that occurs is a bunch of area overwrites (AR0412, AR0419, AR0420) and for the life of me I can't see any difference between the files that are overwriting as compared to the files that currently exist in my game, so the question remains,, Why overwrite existing resources???

No area files are over-written. What you are seeing is a number of code blocks being added to the top of the area file scripts, (as well as a couple of new areas) this way, the mod is compatible with any other mod that also modifies those areas. Also, make sure you are using v2.6b, now linked from the downloads center (as of last night) thanks to SConrad.

The various area switching is done via dialog boxes and triggered scripts.
The command used is:
LeaveArea(S:Area*,P:Point*,I:Face*)

Done for each member of the party. You can look at the psPort0x .dlg's to see what was done.

Edited by Duality, 23 March 2008 - 09:52 AM.