Is there a French version of Tashia

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 -Cocobard-

-Cocobard-

Posted 10 August 2002 - 08:45 AM

What do you think about a french version? (I'm french and I think it would be great!)

#2 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 04:52 AM

tu te propose pour tout traduire?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#3 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 12:35 AM

If you want to, I can traduire a part of her dialogs... Is there any coordination... I mean does anyone have already started to translate the dialogs ?

One of the problems could be the voice : we need a french female voice (don't trust my avatar, I'm a male... ;)). The best thing would be to have a French female voice with the Northern accent or a Russian accent (remember Tashia is coming from North !!!) :D. I could try to imitate a female voice but I think you would be very disapointed :P

#4 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 09:04 AM

Well... :( what, No one ? :huh:

No one wants to be the best translator or the best voice maker ever ?
No one wants to have fame and glory among the francophon countries for having translated Tashia's dialogs ?
No one wants to help Tashia to speak French ?

Euh... bon bah... well. Play with your Tashia's english character as much as you like...

Apart from this, does anyone knows how to get the game in original version (not sure of that term) ? Can someone exchange my french SoA+ToB wth the english ones ?

#5 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 03:59 AM

hey if you get the entire text out of the game, i volonteer for the translation. it'll give me somthing to do apart from an other dugeon keeper game!! and i get to work on my french (my first language :rolleyes: )
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"

#6 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:41 AM

I think there is a function in WeiDU to extract text into .tra files ( I may be wrong).

Well, I'll give it a try and post the results tomorow (I do not have the Internet at home and do not have WeiDU, SoA and ToB at Work... :P)

#7 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 07:38 AM

I was right, i did it : got 17 tra files waiting for translation. (well my "tomorrow" was a bit optimistic :P ).

The problem is that I've not finished ToB with Tashia and I don't like reading her dialogue before I've heard them in the game. However, I've already translated partly a file : wsetup.tra to show my goodwill.

In fact, it's really easy to translate (the english language used is not too difficult for me). If anybody wants to contribute :

- download a .tra file from this location
- proceed to translation (try to translate at least 75% of a file)
- send it back to me at tashia_trans@vpanel.cjb.net

I will post the updates on my website (I'm really ashame of this site but that's ok, it's just here to hold a few files and two gifs)

#8 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 01:58 AM

Ok, I started to translate Btashia.tra too (I will stop when I see some dialogs I haven't seen yet). I have completed about 25% of this file.

#9 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 04:56 AM

I would like to submit some of the most difficult dialogs to translate in french, how would you translate them ?

Go to this page and search for lines beginning with // (caution : SPOILER if do not already know Tashia's dialogs).

#10 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 04:57 AM

** SPOILER ** about the riddles :

Here are my translations of two of Tashia's riddles (you can find them on my site) :

english riddle 1
He has a look of awful scorn, and wears his clothes a funny way. Waving his hands over fields of corn, he keeps the birds away! Who is he?

french riddle 1
L'apparence d'une ordure, les habits d'un gredin.
Ses mains sur les cultures, l'oiseau passe son chemin !

---

english riddle 2
Axes and swords will not help you through, Yet it and a little push will do. Some on the road would have fought and soon died, Were it not close at hand, to let them inside. What is it?

french riddle 2
Quand la hache et l'épée ne peuvent pas franchir,
Mon objet, une poussée; et elle pourra s'ouvrir.
De grands aventuriers sont morts devant leur gîte :
Il faut le posséder pour s'abriter bien vite.

What do you think of these ?

Edit : added the question

#11 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 03:10 AM

i'll try to get into it as soon as i can but university is tough

#12 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, ok, no problem. I've also slowed down a bit my translation cause I do not succeed in contacting Tashia's creator (maybe he's busy : he has not posted for a while)

So, I'm not even sure a french translation has not already started or that my/our translation will be the "official one".

However, I will try to continue (even if it is for my own interest) because I enjoy translating things. :D

#13 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 02:32 AM

i'll get on it as soon as i can but from what i can see it's going on nicely. do you want me to review your translations or do i just go for the leftovers?

#14 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 02:50 AM

Yeah, a review would be great ! (It is less time-consuming but a little more boring than translating, however).

Also if you have any idea on how to translate the tiny leftovers in wsetup.tra (these are really short sentences/expressions I don't understand or I don't know how to translate), i would appreciate. Things not translated are preceded by "//"

I've uploaded new translations today. Files partly or totally translated are in lower case. Files I did not touch are in upper case. As you can see, I did not touch to the TOB part and to the speeches I have not yet encountered (I'm currently in the Underdark, fighting with Impoved Mind Flayers)

Edit : typo

#15 -Arian-From-College-

-Arian-From-College-

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, ok, no problem. I've also slowed down a bit my translation cause I do not succeed in contacting Tashia's creator (maybe he's busy : he has not posted for a while)

So, I'm not even sure a french translation has not already started or that my/our translation will be the "official one".

However, I will try to continue (even if it is for my own interest) because I enjoy translating things. :D

sentinelsx@yahoo.com

#16 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 06:52 AM

Yes, I've already sent a mail to you about this...

Alright, I'll send another... right now !

#17 Yoho

Yoho

Royal hashashin

• 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 12:10 AM

I've almost completed the full translation of Tashia (there are still some riddles that need to be translated).

I'll post *.d *.tp2 and *.tra on my web site in a few days (I've forgotten my floppies to carry at work today)

#18 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 08:25 AM

i'm SO sorry i wasn't any help to you but i just did not have the time. i'm alredy running late on my work and it's not slowing down.

#19 Matt

Matt
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 03:34 AM

Et cette vf de Tashia Yoho ? Tu es toujours sur le coup ou pas? Je t'avais envoyé un mail à ce sujet, tu l'as bien reçu ? Pour Imoen's Romance j'en suis à un tiers... 32% pour être précis ^_^

#20 -Greldig-

-Greldig-

Posted 23 November 2002 - 11:08 AM

Cool Matt, on l'attend ta traduction d'Imoen !!! :D