• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's not exactly a no-win scenario. A romantic relationship with Darian is ultimately a very difficult prospect. He and Charname come from very different worlds, and while there might be a lot of heat and passion, a lasting relationship is unlikely. There are endings where Charname and Darian stay together for a time but ultimately part ways, and others where Darian vanishes never to be seen again.

Darian himself never regrets the romance, but as he'll note in ToB, it brewed fast and hard under difficult circumstances. Here's a hint: the true happily-ever-after epilogues explain that Darian and Charname take the time to build a lasting relationship and a life together. There is a difference between passion and love. And yes, achieving either of those endings depends on a factor decided when you created Charname.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#242 -Tatyan-

-Tatyan-

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

This seems very sensible of you! :D

Is it possible to know what is that factor? Even under heavy spoiler? I am all fo giving you my e-mail if you don't want to put it into the forum^^

I think you have un-tapped a very true thing, however, that only the Xan mod had "seen", in my opionion: all the NPC would have been happier without charname around (save very few), and for some charname is a true disaster, whoever "it" wish it or not (Jaheira, Yoshimo, others).
To see it, and see beyond it, is difficult for the NPC :)

#243 -Tatyan-

-Tatyan-

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

This seems very sensible of you! :D

Is it possible to know what is that factor? Even under heavy spoiler? I am all fo giving you my e-mail if you don't want to put it into the forum^^

I think you have un-tapped a very true thing, however, that only the Xan mod had "seen", in my opionion: all the NPC would have been happier without charname around (save very few), and for some charname is a true disaster, whoever "it" wish it or not (Jaheira, Yoshimo, others).
To see it, and see beyond it, is difficult for the NPC :)

#244 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

As you wish - the answer follows in white text (highlight it with your mouse). Charname must be an elf - Darian could never commit to a relationship with a human or half-elf due to their lives being so much shorter than his.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#245 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey, I noticed that you mentioned that Darian has three plot related love talks available. Do I have to go to the under water village to get one of them? I've gotten the one at Spellhold, but I absolutely loathe the area that you're lead to if you get onto the boat with Havarian a second time, so I usually skip it. No need to expound upon where they occur, just a simple yes or not answer would be perfect.
Wonderful mod by the way!

#246 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

No, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod.

#247 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Alright thanks! I appreciate the help. ^_^

#248 -Baka-

-Baka-

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hello! Sorry if this seems outta the blue. Am in Underdark, and am Romance lvl 2 with Darian. His 'special talk' for 1st rest within Ust'Natha hasn't triggered. Is it area specific? Or on a timer? Because if it is the latter I may have had it already. Thanks!

#249 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

There's an after-Underdark scene, if that's what you're referring to? I don't recall an Underdark special talk, though I could be wrong!

#250 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Nope. There's nothing special in Ust Natha itself. The next plot-dependent talk will fire once you escape the Underdark.

#251 -Baka-

-Baka-

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Thank you! I was obviously not reading your guide properly.