Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:35 AM

Yay! I can't wait to try this mod as a halfling :D :cheers:

#42 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

Moved your post to the appropriate thread, Pey.

And by the way, Darian will not romance a halfling, so I hope you weren't planning on that route. Mazzy's a special case, really-her romance with Darian operates on entirely different dynamics than Darian's romance with Charname, and a lot of Darian's lovetalks really wouldn't make sense (mainly in terms of his background and culture) if Charname were a halfling. Sorry. :(

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#43 Peydey

Peydey
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:56 AM

Double oops on my part.. No matter, still cant wait :D

#44 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

I'm looking forward to you finishing, too. I can't wait to give Darian a try. :hug:

Let me know if you need any help proof-reading or testing.
Just arrived from The Inn of the Prancing Pony

#45 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

The previous relationships of PC thingy got me thinking that maybe http://gibberlings3....anticencounters would interest you. It's an interesting mod, and fun to play, too! Would be nice to see Darian's responses somewhere along the way ;]
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you.

#46 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:06 AM

Sorry, but I'm definitely not getting involved in that mess anytime soon. The prior relationship talk is big and messy enough as it is, and I think I've got things covered.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#47 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

Sorry, but I'm definitely not getting involved in that mess anytime soon. The prior relationship talk is big and messy enough as it is, and I think I've got things covered.

Aww, that must'ev been quite a trauma! *hug* Tho' what I had in mind was just Darian's reactions to some more obvious encounters. But then again, it would mean further delay and I'm sure noone wants THAT ( I know I don't!).

/just my 2 cents
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you.

#48 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Aww, that must'ev been quite a trauma! *hug* Tho' what I had in mind was just Darian's reactions to some more obvious encounters. But then again, it would mean further delay and I'm sure noone wants THAT ( I know I don't!).

/just my 2 cents

Nope I certainly don't want to wait! I'm a big fan of RE myself (argh! even though I can't get Firkraag to "unsheath" his sword for me no matter how I try :crying: ) but I don't want anything to hold up Darian. I am silly checking here so many times a day but I bet I'm not the only one who does!

#49 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

It was mainly for the player's benefit, as Darian has only a few different responses to the talk (he doesn't know the dwarven and gnomish pantheons, and isn't very familiar with the human and halfling ones)-he really only had interesting responses to Charname saying he/she worshipped one of the elven gods. It seemed like a really neat idea in concept, but I felt it ultimately fell flat when I actually got it in a coded format.

You could make the dialogue available for an elven PC only, and make it focus only on elven pantheon - if she worshipped a different god, the dialogue could then come to a polite end.

#50 Neysa

Neysa
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:56 AM

And for halfelven PC too ;)
"It's physic
It's cynic
Still cynic
All my laughter"

#51 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:36 AM

Sorry, but the portion for an elven Charname has been integrated into a separate dialogue altogether. And even though I treat half-elves as human in terms of how Darian reacts to and treats Charname (they are pretty much the same thing to him), half-elves do have this dialogue open to them. However, the dialogue is also more of a player-initiated lovetalk, and hence is unavailable to those not romancing him.

#52 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

An addendum to what I said above:

When Charname asks Darian about the Seldarine (to get the perspective of an elf raised among elves), she'll have the option to get an overview of who each of the Seldarine is, and he'll explain. However, there will be some members of the Seldarine Darian will not be aware of-the Avariel know nothing of the drow, and hence he doesn't know who Shevarash or Eilistree are, and he won't mention Sashelas, given that the Avariel haven't conducted business on the seas in thousands of years. And Darian's perspective on each of the Seldarine is deeply colored by the Avariel's history as I'm using it with him-the Avariel may revere all of the Seldarine, but they only truly worship Aerdrie Faeyna.

So folks who are knowledgable of the elven pantheon, don't get too angsty. Darian isn't an encyclopedia-he's just a man.

#53 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

So folks who are knowledgable of the elven pantheon, don't get too angsty. Darian isn't an encyclopedia-he's just a man.

Ah, now that's refreshing, a full-blooded elf who isn't out to prove he's a know-it-all when it comes to the Seldarine.
Um, not meaning to sound like that racist bloke in the Prommenade mind you, I hate that guy, whatever is name was. :angry:

Considering that he has stuck mostly as to his role in the Avariel society as one could, I'd say this suits him better. He's a warrior, not a historian. :D

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#54 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

For some fun, be sure to ask Darian about Hanali Celanil...

#55 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Will keep that in mind.

The last major section of Darian's dialogue has been coded. Now just a matter of mop-up before I make the call for proofreaders. :)

My what?!?! But I'm not ready yet!

*Rushes off to work on completing games so as to be properly ready when Darian is fully released.*
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#56 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

*brings you offering of chocolate chip cookies and marzipan ice latte* remember, we love you! ;] *goes back to lurking*

#57 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:42 AM

I'd just like to say that I'm completely in awe of not only how fast you've worked on this, but also how quickly you learnt. I'm amazed. :Bow:

Oh, and Darian looks absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to try him out. :D I hope there'll be flirts invovling those wings. :woot:

#58 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:56 AM

I'm afraid that real flirt-fans may be dissatisfied until ToB. Intimacy is something Darian has a problem with, and flirts really are one of the lesser priorities with him, in terms of writing. But in ToB, that intimacy will be there...

And good news: I'm hoping to have Darian ready for proofreading sometime today. :)

#59 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Heh, no problem. I can wait :wub: Flirting only provides a small distraction, and wastes time before the next love talk. I'll just have to resort to the old "pause and dash" trick. A classic.

#60 Gwen

Gwen
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:35 AM

Checked out the progress report thread and as usual things are going along very well! :D Good news for all of us Darian fans that alpha testing will be started... until more info is known I will head back to lurking once more.
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"