Photo

Fanart Challenge Ideas

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#41 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

What about a battle between two NPCs that don't like eachother? Like Edwin and Minsc for example.
Posted Image
Signature under construction...

#42 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

Inspired by my latest post in Xan challenge topic, something I don't think has been mentioned yet:

The almighty GIRDLE OF GENDER-BENDING! :naughty: :twisted:

(The effects of which need not be limited to Edwin alone, kplzthx.)

That's actually an awesome idea!

EDIT: Oops! Sorry for the double post :whistling:

Edited by Dave Greenblade, 15 January 2008 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#43 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

Conflicts!

(or even better - ROMANCE conflicts!)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#44 Deathsies

Deathsies
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

This idea is pretty sad, but it popped into my mind as I thought of all the things that happen to my Bhaalspawn. I mean, the things the game doesn't want me to do to my Bhaalspawn. (coughs) Ahem. Anyway, why not have something about when the PC (And NPC's. *cough* Xan. *cough*) get drunk. All the interesting situations. With my luck, this has been suggested twenty times and I missed all the posts. Or even done. Gah! My head hurts. But I would still love it.

#45 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

This idea is pretty sad, but it popped into my mind as I thought of all the things that happen to my Bhaalspawn. I mean, the things the game doesn't want me to do to my Bhaalspawn. (coughs) Ahem. Anyway, why not have something about when the PC (And NPC's. *cough* Xan. *cough*) get drunk. All the interesting situations. With my luck, this has been suggested twenty times and I missed all the posts. Or even done. Gah! My head hurts. But I would still love it.

Hey, pretty fun idea! No, it's not been done yet, I checked ;)
Posted Image

#46 Deathsies

Deathsies
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

Thanks. ^_^ I checked, too, but I tend to skip important or awesome stuff. Like drunken characters, I guess... :whistling:

#47 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks. ^_^  I checked, too, but I tend to skip important or awesome stuff. Like drunken characters, I guess...   :whistling:

By the way, I never really understood what the 'drunk' effect actually did in BG. It doesn't affect any dialogue, but what then?
Posted Image

#48 Deathsies

Deathsies
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

Thanks. ^_^ I checked, too, but I tend to skip important or awesome stuff. Like drunken characters, I guess... :whistling:

By the way, I never really understood what the 'drunk' effect actually did in BG. It doesn't affect any dialogue, but what then?

Apparently, it boost morale. It affects your fighting(gives a penalty to luck). It increases with drinks consumed and it diminishes over time. I think that's it.

#49 Clarion

Clarion
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

What about wild magic? You could draw your wildmage gender-bending the whole party, turning themselves funny colors, summoning squirrels with a Chromatic Orb spell...the possibilities are endless... :whistling:
Complex is the art of Technical Wild Magery, as you have to be able to do exactly what someone else does, and come up with WILDLY different results. For example, a Technical Mage can download the program to run a .rar file and have it work fine, whereas a Technical Wild Mage can download the same program and have their computer blow up. If ever you require tutoring in the art of Technical Wild Magery, I am available at virtually all hours.

#50 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

Oo I have an idea--CROSSOVER! ^_^
Draw your favorite Baldur's Gate characters dressed as people from your other fandoms, like books, movies, anime, Broadway shows, other games, etc...

And as for characters, I think that certain characters, such as Quayle, Tiax, Alora, Cernd, Skie, etc. don't get enough love. We need to give people an incentive to draw the less popular characters that are so often forgotten.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#51 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

Oo I have an idea--CROSSOVER! ^_^

I was just going to post that, dang you! emot_argh.gif

Also, on a related note... how about alternate universes - BG characters and/or concepts in a modern, sci-fi, western, etc, setting? (Also works with more "minor" changes like "what if Gorion had adopted Sarevok instead", although if pressed for ideas, each of these could be a separate topic...).

Is this the best time to state that I usually hate AU stuff? Although it's mostly due to exposure to fics with descriptions along the lines of "Haer'Dalis is a russian prostitute and Edwin is his pimp. AU, yaoi, PLZ R&R", which will hopefully not be an issue here... if only due to the PG-13 rating limit.

#52 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

Is this the best time to state that I usually hate AU stuff? Although it's mostly due to exposure to fics with descriptions along the lines of "Haer'Dalis is a russian prostitute and Edwin is his pimp. AU, yaoi, PLZ R&R", which will hopefully not be an issue here... if only due to the PG-13 rating limit.

LOL! Where did you even find something like *this*.

And.... idea, idea... Draw the death of a character? But somebody probably already suggested it^^' (after all it is 'bloody murder' that Bhaal stuff is all about, right?)
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#53 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

And as for characters, I think that certain characters, such as Quayle, Tiax, Alora, Cernd, Skie, etc. don't get enough love. We need to give people an incentive to draw the less popular characters that are so often forgotten.

How about Dynaheir? Or Xzar? Edwin and Xan get far too much attention. :rolleyes:

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#54 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:44 AM

LOL! Where did you even find something like *this*.

Actually, I have never had the misfortune of encountering a Baldur's Gate fic like this, but I have seen plenty of stuff in other fandoms that makes about the same amount of sense. Much of it went away when ff.net revamped their policies, but I imagine you can probably still find a bunch by searching for key words like "pimp" or "prostitute" if you're really curious. (I don't hate myself anywhere near enough to do it for you, sorry.)

#55 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hey, how about CHILDHOOD? Draw what your favorite character looked like as kids!

Maybe little tykes Imoen and #CHARNAME running around Candlekeep causing trouble for Gorion and Puffugts, Or a young Haer'Dalis roaming the streets of Sigil? Looking into characters' pasts would be interesting.
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#56 Midorii-kiri

Midorii-kiri
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

How about parents? IN the case of a Bhaalspawn, their mother.
Are you secretly in love with a man you can never have, because he's entirely fictional?

"What are friends for? Other than eating, of course."

"I cuss, you cuss, We all cuss at Irenicus" --Me

#57 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

How about parents? IN the case of a Bhaalspawn, their mother.

OH, it wouldn't *have* to be their mother, I'm sure there are a lot of people here thinking 'hells yes, I wanna draw Bhaal'
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#58 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

Eh, imho the idea of romance conflicts would be the most fun one to observe... Just imagine... XD
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#59 --midorii-kiri--

--midorii-kiri--

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

OH, it wouldn't *have* to be their mother, I'm sure there are a lot of people here thinking 'hells yes, I wanna draw Bhaal'

Eh, whatever. But Bhaal is so...pedestrian.

#60 Midorii-kiri

Midorii-kiri
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Eh, imho the idea of romance conflicts would be the most fun one to observe... Just imagine... XD

That would be fun. XD Love triangles!
Are you secretly in love with a man you can never have, because he's entirely fictional?

"What are friends for? Other than eating, of course."

"I cuss, you cuss, We all cuss at Irenicus" --Me