Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
429 replies to this topic

#61 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

@ Floydian: Epic shots. That gathering army is superb! Man, I wish it happened like that in game. :clap:

@ ghostruler: Awesome shots. You know what I thought when I saw this one? I thought he was taking a piss on the ground. :blink: :whistling:

#62 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

@Floydian 1- Where you find Silk Dragon Imports for Oblivion? I thought that was a Morrowind Mod...(ponder)

Nice!
*Or to anyone else who can answer the burning question*

Here you go :)

http://canadianice.u...hp?topic=6162.0

Thank you

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#63 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

Help! I'm restarted!

I keep restarting my games with Avalon cause I have no idea wtf I'm gonna play her as. For the love of god (and my sanity) can someone make a suggestion? I don't care if it's "role-play her as a one-legged traveling hooker" I'm desperate for some advice :S Whatever whoever recommends I'll stick to this time, I'm losing my mind restarting so much :\

I've got a problem similar to that... but, er... I've a tendency to start over COMPLETELY from the beginning, due to the fact that the lighting is better for molding a character's face. Well, that, and the fact that I'm obsessive-compulsive. And I can't use a starter dungeon skipper mod... since that would screw up a few of my other mods.

Anyway, Luchaire's mystic archer idea sounds like it could be more fun than a barrel of monkey-samurai/ninja-people from Akavir! I'd try that myself, since I'm already using telekinetic mastery, but... I am completely incapable of playing more than one character at any given time. And, seeing as my blonde pretty-boy is a battlemage type (with emphasis on 'battle'), I don't think I'll be able to do that anytime soon.

On a related note, I'm seriously regretting taking alteration. I'm contemplating using the console to switch it out for something that I may actually use... with the proper skill adjustments, of course. I'm thinking armorer or conjuration.

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

You are quiet, understated, and a great comfort to all of your friends.
Over time, you have proven yourself as loyal and steadfast.
And you are by no means boring. You do well in any situation - from fancy to laid back.

Your best friend: The Turkey Sandwich

Your mortal enemy: The Grilled Cheese Sandwich

#64 Flucidity

Flucidity

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

Help! I'm restarted!

I keep restarting my games with Avalon cause I have no idea wtf I'm gonna play her as. For the love of god (and my sanity) can someone make a suggestion? I don't care if it's "role-play her as a one-legged traveling hooker" I'm desperate for some advice :S Whatever whoever recommends I'll stick to this time, I'm losing my mind restarting so much :\

My new toon:
Mystic Ninja: Race Mystic Elf- Tattooed by the gods
Marksmanship
Sneak
Blade
Mysticism
Alteration
Light Armor
Acrobatics

Actually I'm not sure about that either, been messing around with it

Sig.jpg

A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
Than a beauty like this.

#65 ghostruler

ghostruler
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:39 PM

@ ghostruler: Awesome shots. You know what I thought when I saw this one? I thought he was taking a piss on the ground. :blink: :whistling:

had me crackin up for a while there, thx
And I shall stand upon a sandbar in my bucket because I'm beyond that cool.

#66 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

My new toon:

Toon?

This is Oblivion, not WoW. :P

:new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom:

:twisted:

#67 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

@SeV - I'd say play her as a archer/mage, those tend to come up with some pretty powerful combos!

What is the deal with people not being able to see the Archive section? Does Liam know?

#68 Flucidity

Flucidity

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

My new toon:

Toon?

This is Oblivion, not WoW. :P

:new_bottom: :new_bottom: :new_bottom:

:twisted:

WOW? I wouldn't play WoW if THEY paid ME, which they'd have to do, to get me to consider playing it lol :D

Sig.jpg

Than a beauty like this.

#69 LprMan

LprMan
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:20 PM

:P

@ Grimbot

Do you apply somekind of a sharpen filter to your pictures afterwards?

Edited by LprMan, 12 May 2007 - 01:21 PM.

#70 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

LprMan, I really like your last shot. Very artistic.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#71 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

Cool army you got there Floydian :) Great pictures everybody!

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#72 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

Thanks everybody, unfortunately the saves become corrupt if you save with too many characters frozen with the tai command.
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#73 --Kalia--

--Kalia--

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Seems we can only see the subforum if we aren't logged in. It's there when you aren't logged in, but if you are logged in it vanishes. Very wierd...

Archived Screenshots Subforum direct link

Not logged in = Success
Logged in = Failure? Out of date or broken? It was just there damn it! I could see the pics and everything! <_<

Strange as that is it worked for me to, thats very weird

confirmed. not logged in it works. logged in, it results in board error.

#74 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Floydian 1: Alright I must know, how do you make an army? These newest screens of yours are Very very very amazing :) you should take over a city with that group :)

Here are some posts saved in the Screenshooter's Guides about Floydian's army.
(And also see the post that follows this one.)

Edited by greatfool1, 12 May 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#75 Grimbot

Grimbot
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

@ Grimbot

Do you apply somekind of a sharpen filter to your pictures afterwards?

Actually, I do! I have to shrink the picture size to host it on Photobucket, and I find that when I do that everything gets all muzzy and indistinct. The filter just whips the picture back into shape again.

#76 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

Floydian 1: Alright I must know, how do you make an army? These newest screens of yours are Very very very amazing :) you should take over a city with that group :)

Here are some posts saved in the Screenshooter's Guides about Floydian's army.
(And also see the post that follows this one.)

Many thanks :) i hope to have an army at some time or another :)

Kimory: That character looks really nice, the hair, wings and armor all go together perfectly :) It actully makes me think they are somewhat elated to a falcon.

Yorkmaster: It took me awhile but i think i figured out what happened there, You visited the portal, went insane, and the guard had to put you down. am I close? :) Very well done character, i really like how his skin looks.

Daiyoukai Ramza (that name again...): "Give someone some wings and they think they are king of the world, figures..." :) thats my suggestion for a caption :)

Floydian 1: ...we all know what I'm gonna say so I wont even bother :) (in case someone doesn't know what I was gonna say: Amazing shots as usual, I think bethesda should have asked you to take the screenshots you see when installing oblivion.)

Ghostruler: Two questions, first off are those "gloves" from Slofs goth shop? I could swear i have seen them before... And the other question, how did you get those pictures to look so, vibrant? It's almost like the world has an aura around it. oh and another question (yea i know i said two) why do you have a golf ball in your elbow in the third picture?

Grimbot: Those rocks near you and the moon almost look photo-realalistic (yea i know i misspelled that). are you playing oblivion like the rest of us or watching a movie by the same name? :)

LprMan: Nicely done with the shadows though the third and fifth pictures are a little dark. My favorite is your second one, The flames really fit well. Where did you get that, light-stick? (for lack of a battle word)

VanQa: I really like that picture of the church, how did you get it to be encased in fog? And as for the other one, well I never knew the Blackwood company was looking for jugglers... :)

Floydi...oh nevermind....

Daiyoukai Ramza (I think i have gotten over the name now, don't worry): Isn't it kinda on fair that one of you is wearing plate armor and the other is using their bare fist? Even if they got the perfect hit (yea that one) it would hurt them more than you. :)

Kar...dang it, not again, one of these days I will learn...
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#77 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, I would add to what I said earlier. I believe using the tai command on a large group of characters then saving it can have unpredictable results as far as saving the game is concerned, although it could also be due to making many copies of a character/npc.

Edited by Floydian1, 12 May 2007 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#78 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, I would add to what I said earlier. I believe using the tai command on a large group of characters then saving it can have unpredictable results as far as saving the game is concerned, although it could also be due to making many copies of a character/npc.

I will keep that in mind, atm i don't plan on anything as big as your group, about 5 or so seems good.
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#79 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

<Snippy-snip>

Daiyoukai Ramza (that name again...): "Give someone some wings and they think they are king of the world, figures..." :) thats my suggestion for a caption :)

<Chainsaw-snip>

Daiyoukai Ramza (I think i have gotten over the name now, don't worry): Isn't it kinda on fair that one of you is wearing plate armor and the other is using their bare fist? Even if they got the perfect hit (yea that one) it would hurt them more than you. :)

<Mini-snip>

Heh, that's actually a pretty good caption for him. Although, he's really quite a humble guy... well, he'll grow into a humble fellow, eventually. As this is a younger version of him than the original character, he's still a cocky teenager.

Yeah, it had occured to me that bare fist vs steel plate armour is just a tad bit unfair... but, on the other hand, the person he's fighting is far more skilled than him at H2H combat (and sword combat, and magic combat, and marksmanship, and...), so he'll need that layer of metal to keep from being tenderized like a slab of meat. Heh, actually... I'm going to make a screenshot that shows the result of that little scuffle I posted.

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

You are quiet, understated, and a great comfort to all of your friends.
Over time, you have proven yourself as loyal and steadfast.
And you are by no means boring. You do well in any situation - from fancy to laid back.

Your best friend: The Turkey Sandwich

Your mortal enemy: The Grilled Cheese Sandwich

#80 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

@ Everyone - Nice shots! Highpressire, I like the "comic book" screen you did!

IG Hector - I haven't heard from Layla. I wonder whats going on with her?

Hector - Maybe gf1 locked her in a closet?