Alternative BG2 NPC Portraits

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#21 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

Nice necklace :) Though the enchanted brooch is missing. Remember the one Bhaalspawn bought her in the docks district? ;)

Never got that far in the Jaheira romance. Personally I can't stand her, but whatever. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#22 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

I like it... a lot! The "don't mess with me" look in the latest version is 100% Jaheira. :new_thumbs:

I also don't think hair colour is really an issue, since these are meant to be alternative pics after all. So long as you don't draw her as a male dwarf or anything, I think poetic licence is something to be encouraged, as much as anything because it enables some useful debate about how people view certain characters.

Good work Ilmatar, can't wait to see the next one :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#23 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

I must say that I completely agree with Sir Kalthorine 100%. These are indeed alternative portraits and Jaheira looks simply amazing!
I have always loved your work Ilmatar and I can't wait to see the next portrait you choose to do!

*Hugs*
DS
Knowledge is Power, and power corrupts, so study hard and be Evil!

I'm so good that, if I didn't already exist, someone would invent me!

#24 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Cernd became a HUNK! :lol: I'm thinking of maybe giving him similar feathers to his hair that he has in the original portrait, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think of this one?

cerndL.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#25 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

That's awesomer (<- if that wasn't a word before, it is now!) than Jaheira! :cheers:

And he definitely needs feathers. Feathers good. *nodnod*

#26 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

Both great portraits. :new_thumbs:

The left shoulder (his right) looks a bit odd being that bare and lower than the right in my opinion.

I wish I could draw like you...
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#27 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thank youuuu! :) The feathers were a pain. Seriously. Also added some texture to the clothes - I hope the picture is a bit more balanced now.

cerndL2.jpg

#28 EvaineDian

EvaineDian
  • Validating
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Oh wow, he looks so hot! :wub:
Now I wish someone could give Cernd interesting content, so that I can finally take him along. ^_^

(The only thing that still "bothers" me about your Jaheira is her eye colour, but I can change that myself, too, if I want to use your portrait pack.)

#29 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

(The only thing that still "bothers" me about your Jaheira is her eye colour, but I can change that myself, too, if I want to use your portrait pack.)

Isn't it good being a photoshop whiz? :D Thank youuuu!

#30 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Yay feathers! :D And they're nice feathers, too. Believe it or not, that makes it even more awesomer.

<demanding bastard>
But they look a little... uh, how should I say... like they're going "sproing!", the way they're going off in different directions. It makes my eyes want to follow them in both directions at once: <_>

I'd make one of them point down, maybe like that vvv
post_4612_1183490453.jpg

Also, looking at his official portrait again, maybe make the marks on his face slightly greener?
</demanding bastard>

#31 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

But they look a little... uh, how should I say... like they're going "sproing!", the way they're going off in different directions. It makes my eyes want to follow them in both directions at once: <_>

Goddammit. I hate painting feathers :D You're right though. I will continue banging my head to the keyboard with the feathers but later, because my forehead is starting hurt.

Also, looking at his official portrait again, maybe make the marks on his face slightly greener?

These are altenative! I don't want to copy the originals. I'm making my own. :D So now they're blue, dammit.

#32 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Wowz0rs! Definitely Awesome.
Maybe more hippy gear to define his nature further, but really great looking thus far. :)

#33 Clary

Clary
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Um, wow. I never thought I'd have occasion to place "Cernd" and "good-looking" in the same sentence together. :lol:

#34 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Well, EvaineDian, the IEP (and SConrad) plan on adding rather substantially to Cernd's content, so... ;)

They look awesome so far, Ilmatar, can't wait to see more! :D

#35 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Goddammit. I hate painting feathers :D You're right though. I will continue banging my head to the keyboard with the feathers but later, because my forehead is starting hurt.

Well, it seems to be worth the effort. Like I said, they are nice feathers. :D

These are altenative! I don't want to copy the originals. I'm making my own. :D So now they're blue, dammit.

I won't argue, he's quite pretty in blue as well. :cheers:

#36 EvaineDian

EvaineDian
  • Validating
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

Well, EvaineDian, the IEP (and SConrad) plan on adding rather substantially to Cernd's content, so... ;)

Music to my ears! :cheers:

#37 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:09 AM

Now the feathers go the same way!

cerndL3.jpg

#38 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:22 AM

Nice!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#39 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

I don't mean to be pestering, but to me it seems like the feathers are kind of err stuck together ^^; The left feather should be more straight, it looks a bit snapped off :P

Except for this issue, the feathers look really nice ^_^

>.>

<.<

I still think the part below the feathers looks too empty *hides*

"Maturity is no constant condition, it's trying to make right decisions every day anew."

#40 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

Oh well, I'll return to work on the bloody feathers later. But here's an unfinished Yoshimo! I'm throwing some serious alternative stuff here - short hair and black clothes for starters. The outfit, the katana and the background are tewtally unfinished, but the face is almost there. What do you peeps think?

yoshimoL1.jpg