• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

Okay, one other question, dealing with a lovetalk I somehow forgot to code: what would be the triggers for a dialogue that occurs the first time the party tries to rest in Ust Natha?

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#22 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

You could use the dream script and have one of the conditions be that area. Then at the end make the party rest and set the talk variable to 1 so it doesn't happen again. :)

I think.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#23 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, so it'd be in t1darD.baf (or the equivalent) - and the AreaCheck is for AR2200. Happen to know since I've been doing a lot of them recently... ;)

#24 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:22 AM

Thanks, and now if someone would answer my *other* questions, I might actually get Darian out for alpha testing sometime soon. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:24 AM

You may want to repost them so that people can find them more simply. :)

#26 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

Okay, here it all is again, and I'm tossing some other last-minute things I suddenly realized might be wrong that my proofreaders didn't say anything about:

This is Darian's P file. Don't know if I have it correct and would like to know if I do or not:

BEGIN T1DarP

IF ~Global("T1DarJoined","Locals",1)~ THEN BEGIN Kick
SAY ~Are you certain you wish to part ways? I will return to Myrrhavin if so.~
++ ~No, I think we should remain together.~DO~JoinParty()~ EXIT
++ ~I believe this is where we part ways. Farewell, and good journeys.~ GOTO Farewell
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Farewell
SAY ~Good journeys to you as well.~DO~SetGlobal("T1DarJoined","Locals",0) LeaveArea()~
END
EXIT

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Return
SAY ~You have returned. Do you wish my assistance once again?~
++ ~Wipe that attitude off your face, and the answer will be 'yes'.~DO~SetGlobal("T1DarJoined","Locals",1) JoinParty()~
++ ~No, we should part ways.~DO~LeaveArea()~
END
EXIT

Next, this code string in Darian's tp2 file, which again I would like to have checked over:

COMPILE ~Darian\Dialogues\T1Dar.d~
COMPILE ~Darian\Scripts\T1Dar.baf~
EXTEND_TOP ~AR0400.bcs~ ~Darian\Scripts\T1AR0400.baf~
APPEND ~pdialogue.2da~ ~T1Dar T1DarP T1DarJ T1DarD T1Dar25J T1Dar25D T1Dar25~
UNLESS ~T1Dar~
APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~T1Dar BT1Dar BT1Dar25~
UNLESS ~T1Dar~

Third, how do I assign music files and portraits via the tp2 file?

And lastly, what's the global variable for Bodhi's death?

#27 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:42 AM

BEGIN T1DarP

IF ~Global("T1DarJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN Kick

SAY ~Are you certain you wish to part ways? I will return to Myrrhavin if so.~

++ ~No, I think we should remain together.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT

++ ~I believe this is where we part ways. Farewell, and good journeys.~ GOTO Farewell

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Farewell

SAY ~Good journeys to you as well.~ 

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("T1DarJoined","LOCALS",0) EscapeArea()~

EXIT

IF ~Global("T1DarJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Return

SAY ~You have returned. Do you wish my assistance once again?~

++ ~Wipe that attitude off your face, and the answer will be 'yes'.~ DO ~SetGlobal("T1DarJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

++ ~I would appreciate it.~DO ~SetGlobal("T1DarJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

++ ~No, we should part ways.~ DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT

END
*Should* work - added a nicer rejoining option, and fixed a few things. I'll leave the others to people who aren't as tired. ;) Hope that helps!

#28 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:42 AM

I can't help much with assigning music files. I have avoided adding to the songlist because I have modded in Tutu/BGT, which means the songlist is already full. When I want to play a song, I just cue a sound in the script:
IF
  InParty(Myself)
  !StateCheck("B!GAVIN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  CombatCounter(0)
  !See([ENEMY])
  //other conditions
THEN
  RESPONSE #100  
	PlaySong(0)
	PlaySound("BGAV_S1")
	StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
END

Portrait assignment in the tp2:
COPY ~GAVIN/CRE/B!JOLUNS.bmp~ ~override/bjolunS.bmp~
COPY ~GAVIN/CRE/B!JOLUNM.bmp~ ~override/bjolunM.bmp~
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%prism.cre~ ~override/B!JOLUN.cre~
  SAY NAME1 ~Jolun~
  SAY NAME2 ~Jolun~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~B!JOLUN~ #8 // override
  WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~B!JOLUN~ #8 // dialogue
  WRITE_ASCII 0X34 ~bjolunS~ #8 //small portrait
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~B!JOLUN~ #32 //DV
  WRITE_ASCII 0x3c ~BJolunM~ #8 //large portrait

Bodhi's death?
Your best bet is to check the dialogues of existing creatures that check for her death, and use whatever variables they use to check for it. Sorry, I haven't looked too much at the Bodhi abduction, so I can't help you there.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#29 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

Dead("c6bodhi")

Imoen also adds Global("DeathOfBodhi","LOCALS",0) - it sets to 1 once she's had her "I am restored" talk.

I think that was what you were looking for. :3

Edited by Choo Choo, 24 September 2007 - 05:52 AM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#30 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:56 AM

Dead("c6bodhi")

#31 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:58 AM

Thanks, all! Now just one last thing-that bit of code from Darian's tp2 file. Would anyone mind seeing if I've got that right or wrong?

#32 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

The .2DA appending looks okay to me...at least *I* can't see anything wrong with it.

Run a test install if you haven't already.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#33 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

Okay, tried running it, but I got an error message. Here's the debug file:

** ERROR ** [T1DARSETUP.EXE.TP2] not found.
Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA/Chitin.key] loaded, 590551 bytes
[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA/Chitin.key] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Is this an actual problem, or did I just make a stupid mistake?

#34 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

Ah. I know that one.

If your mod is called Darian, your WeiDU installer should be named setup-Darian.exe. Your tp2 should be named setup-Darian.tp2. You can leave the .exe out of the tp2 name.

You can package the tp2 inside the mod folder itself, and I recommend it.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#35 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

I do have the tp2 file inside the Darian folder, and this time it created a file called SETUP-DARIAN.EXE and spat this at me:

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Darian\setup-Darian.exe.exe
{SETUP-DARIAN.EXE.DEBUG} Queried (pid = -1)

Wouldn't let me do anything-I had to exit out of Weidu manually.

#36 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hm, I get the same problem with some txt files. Now, I'm no good at this at all, but... Windows hides common file extensions until you tell it otherwise. I was hiding them, but used to writing out the extension I named something -insertfilenamehere-.txt, and the file ended up being called -insertfilenamehere-.txt.txt

I have no idea if that's what bugging it, though, so don't take my word on it.

Edited by Choo Choo, 24 September 2007 - 12:44 PM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#37 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

You probably need to edit your view settings.

If you run on windows,

Tools>folder options>view

Select "show hidden files and folders"

De-select "Hide extensions for known file types"

Refresh the view. Now that you see all the ridiculous extensions on everything, rename the files the way you want them.

Edit: You should also de-select "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)". Any time you have a file with pictures in it, like the portraits folder, the system will create a file called Thumbs.db, which is nothing useful, just thumbnails to put pictures on the files. You should delete these before packaging.

Edited by berelinde, 24 September 2007 - 12:58 PM.

berelinde's mods

#38 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

Got the dialog.tlk message again-the tp2 file is called setup-Darian.tp2, and the weidu file is setup-Darian.exe

#39 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

Can you email me the file?

rtannahill<at>msn<dot>com

Send it as an archive, either RAR or ZIP, whichever is easier. It would probalby be easier for me to explain once I've seen it.

Edit: lest you become discouraged, it is not unusual for a brand new mod to take days to get to the point where it will install.

Edited by berelinde, 24 September 2007 - 01:16 PM.

berelinde's mods

#40 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

Will do.