Photo

Comments about PoOC #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#1 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:03 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #20 here
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#2 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image
Both very beautiful shots Karandras; well done. As to your comment
"Comments: *Kicks himself for not remembering if this is an old or new character* Very nicely done either way smile.gif"
It started out as a new character and looked remarkably like Vala from Stargate SG-1. Then I stupidly hit either the age or complexion button and lost the resemblance instantly. What's up with that? I'm kicking myself for not saving that in time. So here was the result:
Posted Image
She looks OK but nothing like what I had...

Edited by Chimera, 25 September 2007 - 06:47 AM.

#3 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

@ KadajX - Simply gorgeous. I really like your interior shots, but these exterior ones are something special. cheers.gif
Very cool eyes

Thanks Chiglet!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#4 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:00 AM

Okay this post will be using a simplified method of my normal post because I spent to much time goofing off this morning and I have to go soon :whistling: anyway tomrrow's post should be a normal one, keep up the wonderful screenshots everyone :cheers:

Quote of the day: Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.

Useless fact of the day: A teaspoon of neutron star material weighs about 110 million tons

Word of the day: noisome \NOY-sum\, adjective: 1. Noxious; harmful; unwholesome.

Comments

Chimera Post #199: :lol: Easy come easy go I guess :)

Flucidity Post #200: Wow, these outfits of yours are looking more and more impressive :)

THREAD 20

Floydian1 Post #3: Wonderful shots :clap: Where did you get this headpiece?

Kadja X Post #4: Amazing pictures, where did you take this one?

Yorkmaster Post #5: Nice outfit ;) He looks like a court jester :) (a deadly court jester but a court jester all the same :) )

Highpressure Post #6: Another beauty from you :) (though I am not sure what to think about the hair)

DFSL Post #8 Very nice, how did you get them to sit down? (A problem I am still having with my companions)

Nostalgia Moment: An old picture by VanQa

*sigh* somehow this post isn't the same with out HUGE TEXT

Much better :)

Edited by Karandras, 25 September 2007 - 09:01 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#5 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

THREAD 20
DFSL Post #8 Very nice, how did you get them to sit down? (A problem I am still having with my companions)

I modified one of the sit poses of the EFG pack. I get them to sit and then "crank" them in place using the setpos command. By the way, the ribbons and hats are from a japanese mod "Dress Hat".

#6 Ginnyfizz

Ginnyfizz
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

I tried installing on my laptop. It wouldn't work.... :crying:

#7 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Kadja X Post #4: Amazing pictures, where did you take this one?

Thx! I took it on the top floor of 'Unfathomed Tower' :D

And btw, you have quite impressive army ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#8 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

Highpressure Post #6: Another beauty from you :) (though I am not sure what to think about the hair)

Thanks. I agree about the hair. It's one from that latest hair pack that was released. I just refuse to use another one of Ren's hairs on my characters. I need individuality & diversity! :)

#9 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

I'm taking a break from OB. Other games and school are sucking my time away. Again.

But as usual when I take a break, I notice new things.
I this case:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That armor...

Posted Image
Posted Image

..and that hair.
So my question is: WHERE?!
Links please. :D

P.S. Karandras, to answer your question in the last thread, the emoticons I used, I found them off another site. I take no credit for them. :)

Edited by Shadow', 25 September 2007 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#10 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

Setting that up must have been a real pain, Karandras. Nice army.

#11 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

That armor...

Posted Image
Posted Image

..and that hair.

The hair is a part of the GUNMAN set. 0360 Link !

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 25 September 2007 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Flucidity Post #200: Wow, these outfits of yours are looking more and more impressive :)

Thanks for the complement!! :D

Transcription Confusion:
We were thoroughly confused. While transcribing medical audiotapes, my co-worker came upon the following garbled diagnosis: "This man has pholenfrometry."

Knowing nothing about that particular condition, she double-checked with the doctor. After listening to the tape, he shook his head.

"This man," he said, translating for her, "has fallen from a tree."

Interesting animal fact of the day: A Horse has 18 more bones than a Human.

International video of the day: Mashimaro - Battle

@ DFSL - That sword looks almost too big for her. :)

@ Flucidity - Very cool shot :)
Great outfit!
:lol: Appropriate for the potential last shot of the thread.

THANKS!! :D

QUOTING KARANDRAS
Chiglet
Picture(s)
Post #191
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Comments: Really nice, those clouds look awesome :new_thumbs:
Things that pop into my head: *whispers* um a good idea when taking over an evil stronghold is to get rid of the corpses right away before they start to smell :) (picture 2)
Rubbing alcohol, or drinking alcohol?

NICE PICS!!!! :woot: :woot:

Removing the corpses is Amozabael's job since he didn't help at all with the fighting in there. Just stood there as we were attacked many times over, not even defending himself. Lazy Dremora.

It's about new thread time. :) (Just hit 200 posts) If someone other than me could start the new thread it would be muchly appreciated. Doctor changed my meds today and I'm just not feeling too great atm.
Thanks!

@ DFSL Enjoy Your pics. Where'd you get the multicolored hair? I 'll PAY you for it :woot: (But you have to tell me where you got it first) :whistling:
@ Treetop Smoker Love your character too , and thanks for commenting on mine

I'm working on that mod a bit here, trying to get armbands to work with my textures. I had success with one, but the texture was too small and looked like crap in game. The armbands show in nifskope but not in game, and I'm pretty baffled. But they do show for the original mesh. Anyway, if anyone wants the new textures as they are now, and dont care about armbands, or can fix it with with nifskope/CS, PM me. I can send the update to you.

Edited by Flucidity, 25 September 2007 - 04:34 PM.

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#13 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

That armor...

Posted Image
Posted Image

..and that hair.

The hair is a part of the GUNMAN set. 0360 Link !

Thanks Treetop! :cheers:
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#14 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

@ DFSL Enjoy Your pics. Where'd you get the multicolored hair? I 'll PAY you for it :woot: (But you have to tell me where you got it first) :whistling:

Thanks. I edited the babehair #2, the same method other members are using (Corel X3 + DDS converter in my case). I really hope you can fix the problems with your mod, I already have it sitting on my HDD.

#15 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Thanks Treetop! :cheers:

My pleasure :cheers:

@ Treetop Smoker Love your character too , and thanks for commenting on mine

Thank you ! Always a fan of your work. :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 25 September 2007 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Sinharvest

Sinharvest

Your Cheerio Key Master

• 286 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys, sorry dident post at all on these Screenshots but to all your Shots are GREAT! And i mean it!

Anyways my OB was having major errors so i had to complently remove it off my computer and reinstall it, And Unfortunatly Salene's Profile got corrupted but i might make her twin but i made a male character today and expect some screenies tomorrow! And ill try to bring salene back or just another good looking female toon ^_^

#17 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Heh. Hey, I'm another one that had to reinstall the game. But didn't had the courage or time to install all the mods yet.
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#18 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:21 PM

Thanks. I edited the babehair #2, the same method other members are using (Corel X3 + DDS converter in my case). I really hope you can fix the problems with your mod, I already have it sitting on my HDD.

What method is everyone using? I tried a very light alteration of the grey texture and it doesn't show up with any hair color.

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#19 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

I was trying the same and had no sucess too, 'til Kalia explained me that we need to edit ALL the textures to make the change show up (you know, including the ones with that strange _h and _hl).
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#20 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

[Post #175
Picture 1
Comments: :lol: will the AF's antics never end? (lets hope not :) )

Things that pop into my head: Picture one is hilarious, what pose is that? :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Mighty River Karandras! That pose is one of the acrobatic moves from Seph's Mod combined with TAI.

Thank you too, Chiglet, for your comments, and also the faith (albeit, momentary) you had in the Annoying Fan! :cheers:

At last! I have figured out how to make large groups of people not lag the computer and not run away from me/move out of formation!
Ordered Madness
Posted Image

Well that is very good news - along with a cool shot!
But uhhhhh... How do I say this... Oh Great and Mighty River Karandras, pray tell us your secret, for order is good and madness is better? How do you order madness, btw? I am confused now...

THREAD 20

I modified one of the sit poses of the EFG pack. I get them to sit and then "crank" them in place using the setpos command. By the way, the ribbons and hats are from a japanese mod "Dress Hat".

Great stuff! I am adding this to the SS Guides. Thanks!

a very short dragon fight
http://s117.photobuc...rent=Draco2.flv

That is excellent! I really liked it - especially how you caught the guy falling from above all the way down; the dragon flight and blasts, etc. :cheers:

Edited by greatfool1, 26 September 2007 - 09:32 AM.