Comments about PoOC #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#161 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

In a slight change from normal (one of several today) there will be three different sections today instead of the normal "useless fact, quote and word/phobia" of the day. Let me know what you think of these.

Myth

ISome people consider the $1 bill unlucky because there are so many 13's on it: 13 stars, 13 stripes, 13 steps, 13 arrows and even an olive branch with 13 leaves on it.

Strange laws

In Breton, Alabama, there is a law on the town's books against riding down the street in a motorboat.

Statistics

Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.

Posted Image

DFSL

Posted Image

Posts today

#145 #149 #159

Comments: Wow...that is a weird looking sword...and an amazing outfit, any chance you have links to those? :)

Ryu Doppler

Posted Image

Posts today

#146 #147 #160

Comments: Very nice editing of those shots :) (oh and that is a heck of a fall for that bear)

Floydian1

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Beautiful, I really like that design on her boot (I see you haven't gotten rid of that old guy hanging around the baths :) )

Lady Blue

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Wonderful shots, she looks lovely :)

Chimera

Posted Image

Posts today

#151 #155

Comments: He sure is in for it :) (though maybe, if he is lucky he will become governor of Morrowind or some other imperial province :) )

Treetop Smoker

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Very nice outfit, what gloves are those? they looks kinda like cooled lava...

Highpressure

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Just another relaxing day at the bridge :)

Yorkmaster

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Really nice shots and yea I agree about the Lich animations, they can be really helpful for things like flying

Ginnyfizz

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Awesome looking armor, did you make that? :blink: (the set in the first two pictures)

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: That is an amazing looking house, is that Dibella Temple?

JazzJR

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: I love all the details on the tunic :) (not to mention the can of spam ;) )

Soul_Slayer

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Are there any poses you don't have pictures of? :) It sure is nice to see Sable every now and then :)

Posted Image

ATTENTION!

Okay due to the somewhat lull in pictures at the moment I had an idea for something to try, between now and the next comment post try and post a picture or two including the mod below (in todays case an axe) just to see what you can come up with :) (A little idea that popped into my head I thought someone might like)

Wulfharths Fury

Posted Image

Illness still has me down a bit, but I will still be lurking, and posting a little, if I feel up to it.

Get well soon :)

Wibble = sort of excitable gibbering, to which I am more than a little prone, as folks on here will have gathered!

Ah so thats what it is :)

Posted Image

Okay that was a really jumbled post, I got distracted watching Sliders (great show) so I kept saving the post and coming back to it later (hence the delay) Just a quick note to Ryu and DFSL, in the case of Ryu's third post and DFSL's second post they were posted after I had already finished the sections for you so your newest pictures weren't considered for your picture of the day, sorry about that.
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#162 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

Treetop Smoker

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Very nice outfit, what gloves are those? they looks kinda like cooled lava...

Thank you. Thats just one of the outfit from a WIP over at Exnem's forum.

Posted Image

#163 Ginnyfizz

Ginnyfizz
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

Hi Karandras, that's Mystykstar's Exotic Equipment . There is a complete set of matching sword, bow and arrows too.

#164 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:19 AM

@ Karandras, great idea to post a mod of the day! We all know Nicoroshi's mods deserve all the attention they can get because they're all great, and Instant downloads on this part of the planet. I
t's just that I can't beat the dude who's got the axe yet so I'm steering clear of him. I've got the same problem with all his cool dreadweave stuff, I can't beat Bog-ogres and Gargoyles at the same time and Ondo's completely stuffed with them. And I'm not gonna cheat and just add them to my char with console command. maybe I should take this problem to nico and stop whining to you?
Oh and I haven't got Strenght 80 yet so I can't get the talon of akatosh too :crying:
So kindly suggest a mod of the day that has stuff I haven't got and that's easy to get ;)

like uhhh.. I dunno
btw looking forward to your Deamon-elf.. :cheers:
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#165 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:33 AM

DFSL

Posted Image

Posts today

#145 #149 #159

Comments: Wow...that is a weird looking sword...and an amazing outfit, any chance you have links to those? :)

The oufit is the "Gambler Set" from the beta "Joy of Six mod. There is a thread in the official forums, I don't know if is Ok to make a direct link to the author's folder. Sword.

#166 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:17 AM

Thank you. Thats just one of the outfit from a WIP over at Exnem's forum.

Ah okay, *heads over to TESEC*

Hi Karandras, that's Mystykstar's Exotic Equipment . There is a complete set of matching sword, bow and arrows too.

Thank you :)

@ Karandras, great idea to post a mod of the day! We all know Nicoroshi's mods deserve all the attention they can get because they're all great, and Instant downloads on this part of the planet. I
t's just that I can't beat the dude who's got the axe yet so I'm steering clear of him. I've got the same problem with all his cool dreadweave stuff, I can't beat Bog-ogres and Gargoyles at the same time and Ondo's completely stuffed with them. And I'm not gonna cheat and just add them to my char with console command. maybe I should take this problem to nico and stop whining to you?
Oh and I haven't got Strenght 80 yet so I can't get the talon of akatosh too :crying:
So kindly suggest a mod of the day that has stuff I haven't got and that's easy to get ;)

like uhhh.. I dunno
btw looking forward to your Deamon-elf.. :cheers:

Good point, I will try and find mods that aren't hard to get to/use

The oufit is the "Gambler Set" from the beta "Joy of Six mod. There is a thread in the official forums, I don't know if is Ok to make a direct link to the author's folder. Sword.

Okay, I remember seeing that thread before so it shouldn't be a problem finding it again.
Posted Image

#167 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:37 AM

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: That is an amazing looking house, is that Dibella Temple?

No, it's just my home (I'm still working on it :D ), so thx ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#168 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

Lady Blue, Chiyo is stunning. She's asian, right? The first one I like. Soul Slayer and Flucidity, beautiful girls. Greatfool, that's hilarious, really.

#169 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

Myth

One sign of rain that farmers once searched for was for their pigs to pick up sticks and walk around with them in their mouths.

Strange laws

In New York State, it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car.

Statistics

Forty percent of the American population has never visited a dentist.

Posted Image

Greatfool1

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: And that everyone, is why you should avoid Skooma :) (those girls expressions fir perfectly :) )

Flucidity

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Very, very impressive shot, that lighting is amazing (also the detail in your first picture is insane, did you greatly sharpen that image or do your textures always look like that?)

Floydian1

Posted Image

Posts today

#163 #169 #175

Comments: Wow...that makes we really wanna visit the isles again :blink:

Chimera

Posted Image

Posts today

#165 #168

Comments: Yet another very life like face, you are on a roll here :) (oh and that whole "looks more like their real life counter-part if they are female" is just a little bit weird :) )

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

#166 #170

Comments: That home is looking more and more impressive as time goes on :) Are you doing to release it once it's done?

Highpressure

Posted Image

Posts today

#167 #177

Comments: They look great in that armor, in fact they look great is more anything :)

Ryu Doppler

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: He seems to get drunk a lot... :unsure: (oh very nice job on the retexture, the Imperial City actually looks like a capitol now :) )

DFSL

Posted Image

Posts today

#172 #176

Comments: Taming a Unicorn? now that isn't an easy thing to do :)

Lady Blue

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Once again I cant help but notice that the shadows on her face are actually smooth, what kind of Graphics card do you have? Also that "Daggerfall Memories" picture is really neat, except for the curly hair they look very similar :)

Treetop Smoker

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Oh great she is mad again...is it possible for her to stay happy for even one day? :)

Posted Image

Dragonbone Armor set

Posted Image

(I seem to have already replied to comments today, oops) Anyway In the place of that I thought I would call attention to something that could be of interest to all of you. Sinharvest has generously offered to work on signatures for those who would like them (and who follow the format be posted) Here is the link to his post over in the Layers of Reality section of the forum (if you haven't heard of it don't worry, I kind missed it before too :whistling: )

Posted Image

Final though, final though...Why can I never think of anything? (except on days ending with the letter Y, I can always think up things on those days... )
Posted Image

#170 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Lady Blue, Chiyo is stunning. She's asian, right? The first one I like. Soul Slayer and Flucidity, beautiful girls. Greatfool, that's hilarious, really.

Thank you. :cheers:

#171 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

Ryu Doppler

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: He seems to get drunk a lot... :unsure: (oh very nice job on the retexture, the Imperial City actually looks like a capitol now :) )

Although he does like to enjoy a cold one when it permits itself, Glenn doesn't really drink so much as to get truly drunk. He's come close sometimes though, especially earlier when he was traveling with Ajira. -_-

I'm glad you like the slight re-texture. I still want to see what else I can do to the IC though. It always bothered me that a city built around a long ago constructed Ayleid Tower didn't seem slightly more Ayleid elven than it was. I mean I understand there has been a lot of time since the Ayleids and things have obviously gotten quite reconstructed under the different empires and such, but you would think it would have a bit more of an Ayleid ruin color contrast and tone despite this. A sort of seamless blending of old and new.
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#172 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

@ DFSL Thanks, enjoy your pics too!! :D
@ KARANDRAS also the detail in your first picture is insane, did you greatly sharpen that image or do your textures always look like that?)
Thank you
On the first one:
I hand drew in all the details, with my mouse, zoomed in 600% :P

No, actually, I Think I did sharpen twice, then unsharp mask

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#173 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image

Yay! Another Profile card! So Erika has a Half-Sister now eh? :)
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#174 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

Yep, though Chiyo looks more....asia..i mean "Akaviri" ^_^

#175 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Chiyo-San is a kunoichi !! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Very nice Lady Blue !! :cheers: A job well done ! :cheers:

Comments: Oh great she is mad again...is it possible for her to stay happy for even one day? :)

I will try to dig up some "happy" ones :D

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 05 October 2007 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#176 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

OMG ! Chiyo is a kunoichi !! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Very nice Lady Blue !! :cheers: A job well done ! :cheers:

Thanks Treetop! :hug:

#177 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:37 AM

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

#166 #170

Comments: That home is looking more and more impressive as time goes on :) Are you doing to release it once it's done?

Thank U! It's imposible for me to reease it, because since I don't know how to retex objects (and unfortunatelly have no time to learn that :( ) I have to use parts of others' mods and there ara a looot of them.... ( here I want to thank all those great modders :cheers: ) and on the top of that I've been making this house because I wanted to have my own home :wub:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#178 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

Myth

The Aztec Indians of Mexico believed turquoise would protect them from physical harm, and so warriors used these green and blue stones to decorate their battle shields.

Strange laws

Theaters in Glendale, California can show horror films only on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Statistics

If you earn twenty thousand dollars a year, one minute of your time is worth a little more than seventeen cents.

Posted Image

Soul_Slayer

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Nice looking tower shield, did you make it?

Ryu Doppler

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: I see the quest for the perfect elven long sword continues :) Are you going to put this one up for download?

Chimera

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Hmm now we just need someone to make some suits for the agents...

Lady Blue

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: I love these character cards of yours :) (plus she is really cute :) )

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

#182 #194

Comments: Wow. that house is really unique...and awesome looking :)

Ginnyfizz

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Emilie returns :) Lucian is really lucky :) (By the way, Any idea why I can't open up your picture in paint to change their size? It always gives me some strange message about "invalid file type" :unsure: )

Floydian1

Posted Image

Posts today

#185 #189 #192 #197

Comments: She looks amazing :cheers: I love her eyes :)

Kalia

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Okay I know I just said this before for Floydian1's new character but, those eyes are amazing...wow....

Treetop Smoker

Posted Image

Posts today

#187 #190

Comments: Very nice looking armor (in both your posts) :cheers:

DFSL

Posted Image

Posts today

#188 #191

Comments: Great shots, though what is that she is holing in the picture above? (in her left hand) :unsure:

Yorkmaster

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Today, Ondo, tomorrow...the world! Thank you for info on the skin color, I will try and adapt that to my character

Radicus

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Wow...that is an amazing picture, it almost looks like her hair is blowing in the wind :blink:

JazzJR

Posted Image

Posts today

Comments: Very cool, it kinda looks like the undead have formed a ring around you :)

Posted Image

Ziragon armor

Posted Image

@ KARANDRAS also the detail in your first picture is insane, did you greatly sharpen that image or do your textures always look like that?)
Thank you
On the first one:
I hand drew in all the details, with my mouse, zoomed in 600% :P

No, actually, I Think I did sharpen twice, then unsharp mask

You know, till I noticed that little line at the bottom I thought you were serious :) Still it looks amazing

Thank U! It's impossible for me to release it, because since I don't know how to retex objects (and unfortunatelly have no time to learn that :( ) I have to use parts of others' mods and there are a a loot of them.... ( here I want to thank all those great modders :cheers: ) and on the top of that I've been making this house because I wanted to have my own home :wub:

Drat ;) Well once it's finished perhaps you could make a video tour of the whole thing :)

Posted Image

And now I forget what I was going to say...I will edit it in later if I remember :whistling:

Edited by Karandras, 06 October 2007 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#179 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

Thanks, Karandras. That blizzard shot of Radicus is impressive, almost looks like an official poster for the game.

#180 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

New threads are now up:

Pictures thread

Comments thread
Posted Image