• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hi all,
I am now playing one of my biggest mod combos ever! But, not as big as some of you pros out there...You know who you are!
I will post my weidu log in a bit, but to get the ball rolling I have installed BGT105(a) for the 2nd time with different mods and again I have a minor drawback going Chapter2>Chapter3

-----Nashkell movie with the Kobolds sneaking into the farms does not play on entrance. Chapter three should trigger. (This happened also on a previous install with NeJ2 and edit with BW Herbs and Potions BG1) This is happening again with different mod configuration and BW Herbs Potions is installed. Not sure if that is the cause- end edit
>Solution- A prompt save in Nashkell (named-quick- or even the autosave if you leave Nashkell) and a reload of the named-quick- or auto save if you left Nashkell remedies the problem.
Movie begins and Chapter narration sets even in the case where you talked to the mayor already. Previously, without that reload, one could not enter the mines. If Beyond the Law NPCs mod is installed, it checks for Chapter 2 or > and Reputation @ 12 or > I think. If the BG1 chapter does not proceed to 3 and Charname had a reputation of 12 or 13 after talking to Oublek ( he increases rep if you say you are not Greywolf) Kiyone shows up and talks about the problem (BTL is a BG2 mod)

------Dream sequences and narrations (BG1) are not triggering (special powers F12 list are accumulating though as normal)
I have BG1 NPC project installed ( most recent version 14 and Music pack version 4) and cannot be sure if this is the cause.

I will update with the Weidu log and any other bits of info a little later today.
Thanks everybody! :cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 03 December 2007 - 12:07 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:45 AM

Chapter movie for the Kobold (Nashkel Movie). It was true also in 1.04. Please, just RELOAD a savegame BEFORE reaching Nashkel (autosave for example) and u will get the movie :-) Dunnow why, u need to just reload a game and it triggers.

LOL: i noticed you have just replied to yourself ... ;-) :-) ;)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 04 December 2007 - 03:45 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

Thanks mm75, I wasn't sure if the Nashkell movie not playing was some megamod conflict, but pretty easy to overcome.

Here is the weidu log and I am still wondering what conflicts to stop the BG1 DREAM narrations. When resting in Nashkell after I beat Mulahey, I get the normal animation when sleeping in a room with the little mouse running around and that is it. Special powers are enabled, but I am afraid that with the absence of the dreams' movies some globals may not be setting now or journal updates.
Any thoughts anyone?
Attached File  WeiDU.log   32.88K   529 downloads
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:26 AM

Wow...I'm a DUMBASS! I accidently installed Thalantyr item upgrade in Russian! Oops!
Well his normal dialog is OK and when I get to the upgrades it is in Russian. I got some items made and I know what they are from the read me. Hey, I will look on the bright side, I wlways wanted to learn Russian 8).

Not a bug, just a public service announcement that I am a moron.
I almost did that with some other mods but caught it except for this.
I was tired and frustrated, :zzz: and I'm human :hug:

Edited by Hoppy, 21 December 2007 - 03:08 PM.

- King Diamond

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:07 PM

Update on bugs:
Mod-Drizzt Saga
Problem- Unreachable Destination to critical areas. Area numbers are a lot different than normal ones (ex.F_7777 is the first IWD area <Bruenor's Cabin>)
Possible conflicts- Worldmap or files from Drizzt Saga area entrance points are not getting updated on install.
That's it for now ;)

- King Diamond

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Update on bugs:
Mod-Drizzt Saga
Problem- Unreachable Destination to critical areas. Area numbers are a lot different than normal ones (ex.F_7777 is the first IWD area <Bruenor's Cabin>)
Possible conflicts- Worldmap or files from Drizzt Saga area entrance points are not getting updated on install.
That's it for now ;)

Yep same bug as me. I'll reply to you in WM forum,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#7 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

I was able to play drizzt saga in my previous installation without any problem. almost the same installation as yours except that i don't use as many npc's mods.

can you install these components together?? any compatibility issues??
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
&
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)

~SETUP-IMPASYLUM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Asylum Mod for BG2:ToB
&
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold

#8 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:48 AM

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
&
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)

You can install both, but what you get is mostly BP's AI

&

I don't know. :blink:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:58 AM

&

Yes.

It takes a village...

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:47 AM

I couldn't get the BP Asylum part to activate in my last installation. I know what it is supposed to do but I will check and see if it is difficulty slider controlled this time. Where you lose all your bits and treasures. I don't care if that part is slow or weird. That is my least favorite part anyway.

- King Diamond

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

D0Quest AI is crucially placed where I have it following a sort of toned down BWP by Leonardo (not everything, but some NPC, items, banter, quests). It needs to go before SCS and all the BGT associated mods for the Improved Durlag's Tower. So that component itself is early. So if you install D0quest Ai and BP AI back to back, you get BP AI by overwrite. SCS also will overwrite the same component when it is installed later on.
I comment out some stuff from BP's TP2 (ie. AR0809, C6Bodhi, Improved Druid Grove, Drider animations) to prevent other crashes, animation goofiness and area incompatibities.

Edited by Hoppy, 07 December 2007 - 10:59 AM.

- King Diamond

#12 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

I believe that you have finish with the nashkel mine part. Just North of the Exit Cave you are supposed to find 4 assassins. Telka, Maneira, Zeela and Lamalha. They are supposed to spawn after you kill Mulahey at the mines(ar3900.bcs). Did you find them or there is another bug of megamods?? (AR3900 - SOUTHERN WASTELANDS).

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

I believe that you have finish with the nashkel mine part. Just North of the Exit Cave you are supposed to find 4 assassins. Telka, Maneira, Zeela and Lamalha. They are supposed to spawn after you kill Mulahey at the mines(ar3900.bcs). Did you find them or there is another bug of megamods?? (AR3900 - SOUTHERN WASTELANDS).

:ph34r: >I will not spoil too much....but, they may be there (where they usually are) sort of in the North West part of the exit area of the mines, from the cave with the oozes. I found them spawning there where they normally are-Cloudpeaks-and the same area but near the Revenant cave and the guy with the dagger comes talk to you (this happened more than once). It may be SCS that turns it into a random spawning but it never happened in a "Waylaid by enemies" type setting. And it was shortly after the Mine quest so you should get it.

- King Diamond

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:47 PM

SCS - Relocated Assassins has the assassin groups chase you around the map. They are set to spawn 5 days after beginning Chapter 4 with one random group, and 5 days later again with the other group.

It takes a village...

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

SCS - Relocated Assassins has the assassin groups chase you around the map. They are set to spawn 5 days after beginning Chapter 4 with one random group, and 5 days later again with the other group.

I knew it had to be SCS >BRILLIANT<, I had to pull out every trick in the book for that group. :ph34r: The second group is a whole other story (Drakar and company). The best steal and spell you have... plus the occasional hurling of profanity at the computer for extra power :devil:
^_^

- King Diamond

#16 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:14 AM

Hoppy if you have a mage in you group can you confirm if Stinking Cloud spell is working in your installation (spwi213.spl).
Also for Paladin(i use inquisitor but i believe they use the same - spcl212.spl) the Detect Evil spell. (He don't use the same as the cleric and mage)
i had to replace them with the ones from a clean bg2 in order to work.

thanks

edit: about detect evil spell
Inquisitor (my main character) use spcl212.spl
Branwen (Cleric) use sppr104.spl
Dynaheir (Mage) use spwi202.spl

Edited by Altomar, 07 December 2007 - 09:38 AM.

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:12 AM

LIST OF FIXED THINGS AND ISSUES SO FAR:
1) Early on with Xan's moonblade [seems to be confirmed in BGT105(a)]
---easy fix using NI or DLTCEP instructions HERE

2) Drizzt Saga world map issue.
---erebusant fixed many "Destination Unreachable(s)" with worldmaps with the Consolidated patch used with installing or reinstalling WMP 6.6.1.HERE

Everything else has been smooth. No CLUA's of any kind (yet :shifty: )

@Altomar- Let me get back a little later and I will try the spells. I haven't had any problems with any spells yet. I guess the Paladin's "Detect Evil" and the priest version are one in the same?
Addendum: Tried Cloudkill and Stinking Cloud and both work to their specifications except the color has changed (Green is CloudK and Yellow is StinkingC) Except for that, everything is OK. Not crucial enough for me to change and/or diagnose. Same thing for you or are the effects really messed?

Edited by Hoppy, 07 December 2007 - 09:44 AM.

- King Diamond

#18 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

the problem with me is that i can't see any effect. my mage start casting it, i hear a sound and in the end nothing happen. no clouds just nothing...

some difference between my installation and yours is that i use NEJ2v42b+patch instead of Drizzt saga and after "Arcane-Divine Spell Pack v1.1" i put "Lost Crossroads Spell Pack Beta3".
i was able to solve this by replacing it with the one from a clean bg2.

Edited by Altomar, 07 December 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

Korax is joinable in BG part and not charmed so this is more of a public service announcement with installations of DSOA (and Korax the ghoul component) with BGT. When kicked out you can send him to the Copper Coronet :huh: or tell him to stay (Good Dog!) since he will be in the C...Coronet per the DSOA mod anyway. Just a minor conceptual thing, no big deal.

Edited by Hoppy, 10 December 2007 - 12:30 PM.

- King Diamond

#20 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

Here is something compatibility related between CTB and TS that I just got around to fixing. Issue was reported by 10th and is a direct incompatibility between the two. I have proposed this area edit since AR2602 is still in the game and needs a new entrance, thus making both areas accessible for the two different mods' quests.
Here are the screens and feel free to comment on where the cave is. Thanks!

Now players will not have to CLUA to the AR2602 for Coran/Jaheira/Ribald quest

If it is acceptable I will upload the area file, tis, wed and BMPs for AR2600 and 2602. I did not edit any scripts, creatures or anything else so everything should work as intended.

Edited by Hoppy, 03 May 2008 - 07:53 AM.

- King Diamond