Photo

SMM Auto-DL / Auto-Installer (GUI) / Manual Install / WalkThru

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#201 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

'llo, new problem,
with the imprisoned one, when you cast the ritual scroll, you just get 6xxx copies, rather than actually advancing the quest.
it says "imprisoned one - spell ineffective", so i guess it doesn't penetrate or something.
any solution?

#202 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

I am trying to decide whether to use the Big World Picture or this SMM installer. Can someone give me an overall comparison in their current states?

#203 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

I cannot find some of the files for v 1.21 anywhere. For instance, file "BGT105a_Install.rar"

Is there an archive of previous versions of BG mods?

#204 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

How come the modlist for 1.25 downloads RoT2 while the older 1.21 modlist downloads RoTv2.1?

#205 --Gargamel--

--Gargamel--

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:03 AM

Aloha to every hc bgaters!
Kudos to you & your effort BigMoshi, it's a delight that I can sit back&relax while my megainstall gets up. :whistling: I've also encountered some buggies along the way. I think they haven't been mentioned in this thread.
1st: 'bout the 1.25 installer: so I ran my first 3 tries with this. It seemed that it have done the unzipping 5 mod install, then in the autoinstall section somhow the installer couldn't find Setup-BGT.exe, and the same tih SoS, TDD, so what the heck, I manually copied them to the BG2 folder. And then the installer tried to ran them simoltenously. I thought that this should be no good 'cause weidu would makes check to some same files and closed the dos windows then recovery. :blink: Then again install, the same happened twice. (I have WinXPSP2 installed /w BG1+Totsc 6cd version+5CdBG2+TOB).
So I went on to the 1.21 installer and it went real fine! :lol:

2nd: When I went to Restenford 1st time I went to shop some goodies. Then the shopkeepers inventory were items wth no pictures and 0gp!!!! Sometimes got a ctd.
3rd: I've finished the bandit camp now tried to go to Cloakwood lodge but got a ctd. Now I tried to load the quicksave before it and autosave too. Both CTDs. :(

4th: This is more a minor thingy: Does anyone have a nocd-patch that works for this megainstall. The last time I did a mega there was something built in BP I think or BGT, but can't remeber specifically.

I appreciate any help!

Gargamel, ruler of SMURFS! :devil:

#206 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:20 AM

I just tried to install SMM for the first time and I am having the same issue. I am using Vista Ultimate, 32 bit.

Hello to all!

I have a strange problem with the installation using the 1.25 version, since some mods (like SOS, TDD, CtB, DSotSC, NSotSC and Worldmap) don't install for an unknown reason. All other mods -including BGT and BP- install fine, as do the extraction of files. The GUI mod (last mod installed) seems to have problems too.

I've tried to delete all my BG2 install and I found that it seems that some files weren't deleted. I'm running Windows Vista Premium Home Edition, the French one.
Here's my WEIDU log :

*edit* I used BigMoshi to Recovery my original installation, and then I tried reinstalling but this time I ran BigMoshi as Administrator, and it seems to have worked. Originally I didnt bother to run as administrator, because I had given my user full permission security settings for the baldur's gate directories. Is BigMoshi editing directories/registries outside of the black isle directory?

*2nd edit* Ok apparently just running as adminstrator isnt enough. For everything to install property I must first install, then uninstall (Recover from the bigmoshi app), then reinstall again. Works fine after the second install. What is going on?

*3rd edit* This is driving me crazy. Every time I try to reinstall this on a Fresh install of BG1 and 2 something different happens. The last time i tried using this BigMoshi thing, I got a bunch of errors about a cd in the drive. I dont know why because I edited my ini's just like I had the previous times I used the bigmoshi app on Fresh installs. There was no cd in the drive either.

Edited by noxxle, 03 March 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#207 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:31 AM

sorry for the repost, but i can't get on with the jaheira romance, the bandits arrived after i set it right(it was set to two, setting it to one), but meronia doesn't spawn, and neither of the creatures work.

i also still don't know how to get ceeb isson, if i spawn any of him, he has banters that appear to be further down the quests.

the imprisoned one still isn't affected by the scroll.

is there any solution to these? i'd like to be able to advance, but i'm trying to do as much as i can in chap3, and these three stop progress.

#208 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:13 AM

Everything seems to install fine for me except for some error messages at the beginning of the installation. I get a few messages about missing Dialog.tlk, however those are to be expected. Improved asylum and the RPG item pack v2 both give me a error message in a command window that says Weidu has finished auto-updating and I need to reinstall them. How do I do this, and is this normal? Ill attach a pic.

Attached Images

• err_msg.jpg

#209 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Also, the end of my Weidu log says:

~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~SETUP-SCSBGT.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Original SoA/ToB"
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

Recently uninstalled...?

#210 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

ok, the jaheira thing was me being stupid...

new problem though... ALL THE CLERICS HATE ME!

i enter the temple district, pretty much every cleric of every temple attacks me.

the only thing i could imagine, is that i made myself member of all the churches, testing if that would work to spawn ceeb isson it didn't, btw.
is this the cause, or is there something else? if there is, what?

#211 cardinalinfante

cardinalinfante
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

Anyone else having substantial problems with Part 2 of the Bone Hill mod? I wen't to Restenford again, talked to as many people as I could find, but couldn't get a path to Garrotten to open. In the end, I had to CLUAConsole to get there. <_<

I also had a problem in Restenford, in which every time I tried to enter the rectory the whole thing farted and I had a CTD. I also couldn't find Fabio anywhere in town. :whistling:

Once I magically transported myself to Garrotten, I schlepped aroung town, discovering that attempting to open half the houses caused the game to hang. I eventually killed all the bad guys, found all the evidence, confronted the crazy abbot and then went to Pelltar- who stuck with the initial dialog option and didn't want to send me home. After much frustration, I just CLUAConsoled out. :angry:

I used a manual install because I wanted to take out the armour nerfing mod. Other than that, it's the SMM.

#212 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:54 AM

new problem, region of terror.
i get transported to spirit soaring fine enough, talk to cadderly, talk again in 3 days, and we go down so he can summon an imp
that's where the problem lies, he doesn't summon, everyone just stands still, all i can do is alt+f4 and restart.

#213 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hi Everyone!

Sorry been away for a 3-wk boot camp. Exams are drawing near, but I'll spend some time next week fixing things up & replying to long-due issues.

Meanwhile, if you need me urgently, just add me to msn. Its in my profile. Thanks :)

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#214 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

ok, will do right now, i've got a new problem.
rather big, i'd say.
can't advance to the underdark.
go down the pit with the fishfolk, get a vid from irenicus, get a pre-rendered vid from the game, wait 5 seconds, crash.
no idea what's causing it, or how i could find out.

#215 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

Hi Everyone!

Sorry been away for a 3-wk boot camp. Exams are drawing near, but I'll spend some time next week fixing things up & replying to long-due issues.

Meanwhile, if you need me urgently, just add me to msn. Its in my profile. Thanks :)

well, i added you, and haven't seen you online yet, is there any way i could speed it up a little?
i'd both like to help, and to be able to continue my game, if we can squat two flies in one go...

#216 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

as requested, here is the savegame.

#217 OverKilL.

OverKilL.
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

troubles with auto install 1.25../on vista ultimate x64 sp1 ...uac is switched off(cuz ati drivers on notebook)most errors i cant trace...but one of them on instal weidu, was something like "...pin=-1"
log - http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

Edited by OverKilL., 11 March 2008 - 09:58 AM.

#218 Demostenes

Demostenes
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

I received few error msg during installation of 1.25:

[D:\gamez\bg2\Setup-D0QuestPack.exe] WeiDU version 187

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

--------------
[Setup-RE.exe] WeiDU version 199
{setup-d0questpack.exe} Queried (pid = 1892) version = 187 query done.
Newest WeiDU is version 199, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
[Setup-RE.exe] version 199
[setup-impasylum.exe] version 199
[setup-d0questpack.exe] version 187
Copying [Setup-RE.exe] -> [setup-d0questpack.exe]: false

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

It seems like it even does not start to patch....

Edited by Demostenes, 12 March 2008 - 09:03 AM.

#219 Demostenes

Demostenes
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

I am interessed, is there anybody, who managed to play this modification to the end? I am not care about some bugs in sidequests, but if it is possible to finish the game.

Other thing i wat to ask, if i should install bp_s_and_h_patchv7 with this mod?

Edited by Demostenes, 12 March 2008 - 10:41 AM.

#220 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

i've played through the whole of bg1, and until the underdark in bg two, went fine, what's wrong at the underdark i don'tk now though.