269 replies to this topic

#161 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:37 AM

''lo. i've a problem,
i've been using this sweet auto-installer for a while now, and have been playing with great pleasure, but i can't anymore.
i finished bg1, talk to belt, go to amn, but in the kidnapping cutscene, something goes wrong, what happens: flash to woods, somone asks mae'var something, sleeping movie, flash to woods, everybody just standing there, nothing happening.

any idea what could be the cause? or how i could determine it?
any solution?

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=369621

It takes a village...

#162 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:55 AM

Hi bigmoshi,

I'm using XP Media Center with SP2.

When I stopped the find processes, the installation continued, and I noticed a find process pop up again in task manager, but this time it was just for about 2 secs and then it went away.

The stall isn't just during the installation of BGT though, it can happen while install SOS, TDD, anything that starts to biff a lot.

Installing everything would really take too long. Another 15-min way to check if terminating find.exe is ok, is to do it only for BGT by terminating the find process. Once BGT is done, stop the whole installation and check the size of the biff files in bg2\data. If they look about right, then I think stopping find.exe could be your solution. Here's a list of the biff filesizes if you need to do a quick comparison.

Will do. Thanks!

Btw, is Imeon supposed to have her original BG portrait in the BG portion of the SMM? I started a new game and her old portrait was being used. I haven't checked to see if this is the case in the BG2 portion yet.

#163 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:33 AM

erebusant, thanks, that worked, merrily playing bg2 now.
well, merrily, i can't kill tolgerias or his mage, i've read this topic, but if i edit the minhp and turn it to surehp, it doesn't work, nor do the files linked in the link(the link in that topic, that being this.

any idea what to do?

#164 Valiad

Valiad
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Just a couple of strange crashes I had:

At the Den of Seven Vales(or whatever its called one of the 2 next door inns in Promenade) there is this mercenary group on the second floor with the dwarf leader.The mage of the group which has a familiar ,I noticed that as soon as the killing blow is about to hit him the game crashes.The same happened with the mage at the group on the second floor of the Enclave in Temple District(the group where you get the celestial fury katana).In both cases when I tried to kill em normally the game crashed.But it didn't happen when I CTRL+Y them.Not much of a fuss but prolly has smth to do with the xp they give(smth possibly messes up with the xp reduction mod?)Anyway didn't bother much since ctrl+y helped to avoid the crush, just reporting it.And a newbie question: when we say CTD in here it means a crush or smth, right? :cheers:

#165 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

Btw, is Imeon supposed to have her original BG portrait in the BG portion of the SMM? I started a new game and her old portrait was being used. I haven't checked to see if this is the case in the BG2 portion yet.

Yes. It should change in BG2.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#166 Rabbi Satan

Rabbi Satan
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

At the Den of Seven Vales(or whatever its called one of the 2 next door inns in Promenade) there is this mercenary group on the second floor with the dwarf leader.The mage of the group which has a familiar ,I noticed that as soon as the killing blow is about to hit him the game crashes.The same happened with the mage at the group on the second floor of the Enclave in Temple District(the group where you get the celestial fury katana).In both cases when I tried to kill em normally the game crashed.But it didn't happen when I CTRL+Y them.Not much of a fuss but prolly has smth to do with the xp they give(smth possibly messes up with the xp reduction mod?)Anyway didn't bother much since ctrl+y helped to avoid the crush, just reporting it.And a newbie question: when we say CTD in here it means a crush or smth, right? :cheers:

CTD = Crash to Desktop :)

Anyways, do I have to reload to a point before I go to the lower levels of the de'Arnise keep in order to be able to kill TorGal? The way I played the game, I loaded the area before, then after finding out TorGal was bugged, I went off and did something else, and didn't bother to reload. Now that I've come back to fight TorGal, after putting in the new files in the override folder, he's still bugged :( So does this mean that I do indeed have to reload to an earlier point?

Also, two bugs - the area description on the world map for the de'Arnise keep is bugged, called "Easiest.", and the 3 areas descriptions of Hlondeth are bugged as well.

Also, the wolfskin bag can hold an unlimited amount of items, not just 10 as described.

#167 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

Hmmm. I'm coming across a few problems using the 1.25 version. My install is a bit different, but the order is the same and nothing is added. I only left out a few of the components like a couple portrait changes, proficiency changes, and the redesigned armor system. Nothing I would think would mess anything up.

Anyways, over in the red canyons there is a merchant named Trungle. I think he is from bonehill or northern tales of the sword coast. All his items have no description, no icon, are unidentified and sell for 0 gold. I bought one and it became irremovable and didn't change other than identifying itself.

Later I went up the the farms over chionthar to clean out the zombies. I killed all of them then went over to talk to Wermic. When I talk to him the first time he says "I don't like the look of you, mate. Move along." After this my journal updates with the missing ghostly knight quest from firewine bridge ruins. When I talk to him again he gives me the standard kill the zombies speech he is supposed to and gives me the experience and 150 gold. My journal updates that the missing ghostly knight quest is finished. Talking to him again he says "It's finished, you can take it. The price has changed: 5,000gp" and my journal updates with an entry called You know it's an extremely unique item, don't complain and my map updates adding the forest of the dead.

Another thing is that I was told to take a vial of mysterious liquid to Thalantyr but no option to tell him about it is given when I go there.

Any clue where I screwed up? Weidu log is attached.

Attached Files

#168 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

Another thing is that I was told to take a vial of mysterious liquid to Thalantyr but no option to tell him about it is given when I go there.

Old version of BG1UB bug. That's alright, you can't complete the quest. Or you could CLUAConsole in a new Thalantyr ("THALAN") and talk to the spawned guy instead.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#169 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

i still can't kill tolgerias or his mage, i tried changing rooms, removing the two files from override, deleting the lines, switching minhp for surehp, and any combination of it, ctrl+y doesn't do anything either.

how do i solve this?

#170 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

Continuing on with this install, I made it to bone hill and all of the merchants there were like Trungle in the Red Canyons. Kind of disturbing since they are from different mods. I clua'ed around to the adventurer mart and the copper cornet and all the merchants there seem to be working. A few bugged item descriptions, but otherwise fine. Seems something in my install just hated original bg1 merchants.

#171 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

At the Den of Seven Vales(or whatever its called one of the 2 next door inns in Promenade) there is this mercenary group on the second floor with the dwarf leader.The mage of the group which has a familiar ,I noticed that as soon as the killing blow is about to hit him the game crashes.The same happened with the mage at the group on the second floor of the Enclave in Temple District(the group where you get the celestial fury katana).In both cases when I tried to kill em normally the game crashed.But it didn't happen when I CTRL+Y them.Not much of a fuss but prolly has smth to do with the xp they give(smth possibly messes up with the xp reduction mod?)Anyway didn't bother much since ctrl+y helped to avoid the crush, just reporting it.And a

newbie question: when we say CTD in here it means a crush or smth, right? :cheers:

Hey Valiad! Thanks. If you do have a saved game for that, could you post it to me? I'd like to try it out as well. TY :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, do I have to reload to a point before I go to the lower levels of the de'Arnise keep in order to be able to kill TorGal? The way I played the game, I loaded the area before, then after finding out TorGal was bugged, I went off and did something else, and didn't bother to reload. Now that I've come back to fight TorGal, after putting in the new files in the override folder, he's still bugged :( So does this mean that I do indeed have to reload to an earlier point?

Also, two bugs - the area description on the world map for the de'Arnise keep is bugged, called "Easiest.", and the 3 areas descriptions of Hlondeth are bugged as well.

Also, the wolfskin bag can hold an unlimited amount of items, not just 10 as described.

Hey Rabbi!

Hrms. It should take effect without reloading to an earlier point. I'll take a look now with your saved game and see if I missed anything out. Previously, I tested by spawning him at Ulgoth Beard, not sure if that made a difference. :unsure: Edit2: Ah yes, I just realised that you do need to get back to a save before meeting Torgal, ie before AR1301. Alternatively, you can edit AR1301 in your saved game using NearInfinity. Select Torgal.CRE and set his override script to torgal.bcs

Edit1: Using the saved game you sent me, Ibhin just killed Torgal - http://bigmoshi.forb.../torgaldied.jpg.

Ok noted on the area descs, will add it into the issue list, and will leave it alone unless it affects some quest stuff.

Also, the bags in the game are made bottomless pits, but I think not all the desc have been updated by that mod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm. I'm coming across a few problems using the 1.25 version. My install is a bit different, but the order is the same and nothing is added. I only left out a few of the components like a couple portrait changes, proficiency changes, and the redesigned armor system. Nothing I would think would mess anything up.

Anyways, over in the red canyons there is a merchant named Trungle. I think he is from bonehill or northern tales of the sword coast. All his items have no description, no icon, are unidentified and sell for 0 gold. I bought one and it became irremovable and didn't change other than identifying itself.

Later I went up the the farms over chionthar to clean out the zombies. I killed all of them then went over to talk to Wermic. When I talk to him the first time he says "I don't like the look of you, mate. Move along." After this my journal updates with the missing ghostly knight quest from firewine bridge ruins. When I talk to him again he gives me the standard kill the zombies speech he is supposed to and gives me the experience and 150 gold. My journal updates that the missing ghostly knight quest is finished. Talking to him again he says "It's finished, you can take it. The price has changed: 5,000gp" and my journal updates with an entry called You know it's an extremely unique item, don't complain and my map updates adding the forest of the dead.

Any clue where I screwed up? Weidu log is attached.

Hi Thesslian! Can you check your *.debug files for the keyword "error" to make sure that the installation actually pulled through? Those things you encountered are pretty strange since wenric & the knight quest seem unrelated. Also, I'm not sure if it does anything but you can try uninstalling "~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain" and see what happens in your game.

As for the Thalantyr quest, its a dialogue bug as Ascension64 mentions. If you need more details, the bug list at the bottom of the walkthrough may help.

Continuing on with this install, I made it to bone hill and all of the merchants there were like Trungle in the Red Canyons. Kind of disturbing since they are from different mods. I clua'ed around to the adventurer mart and the copper cornet and all the merchants there seem to be working. A few bugged item descriptions, but otherwise fine. Seems something in my install just hated original bg1 merchants.

You'll probably encounter other issues pretty soon. Actually, it would be best to fix your install before going further into your game.

i still can't kill tolgerias or his mage, i tried changing rooms, removing the two files from override, deleting the lines, switching minhp for surehp, and any combination of it, ctrl+y doesn't do anything either.

how do i solve this?

Hi! Does he get injured as in his health status becomes near death or something? Or what happens? Nevertheless I'll spawn him and check it out. Thanks :)

Edited by bigmoshi, 08 February 2008 - 12:46 PM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#172 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

Duh again. Posted the only occurrences of error I saw not noticing it was part of the word terror. There are no errors in the debug logs that I see.

Edited by Thesslian, 08 February 2008 - 11:48 AM.

#173 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

Doublecheck... do you have an older version of BG2 Tweaks installed, perhaps?
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

If you installed an older version of BG2 Tweaks, I believe that can cause issues with BG store files. I believe that the current Fixpack repaired this behavior. At the very least, it gives the clue that perhaps one of the mods is writing into stores expecting BG, or BG2, and accidentally scrambling stuff.

#174 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

I installed bg2 tweaks v6, which seems to be the latest version. I think I am screwed now anyways. I tried uninstalling ToD and now whenever I attempt to move to a new area the game crashes and says: An Assertion failed in InfScreenWorldMap.ccp at line 2120

EDIT: Ok, reinstalled the world map and now I can move around again. Went back to the save before the zombie farm and it is still off. All the merchants in bone hill are still messed up, so I think it is safe to say ToD was not the culprit.

Edited by Thesslian, 08 February 2008 - 01:07 PM.

#175 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi! Does he get injured as in his health status becomes near death or something? Or what happens? Nevertheless I'll spawn him and check it out. Thanks smile.gif

injured, to near death, then stays there, no matter what i do, same for the mage, the mindflayer trick in the link works, like in the link, those 3 trolls were immortal as well, but i just ran.

#176 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hi! Does he get injured as in his health status becomes near death or something? Or what happens? Nevertheless I'll spawn him and check it out. Thanks smile.gif

injured, to near death, then stays there, no matter what i do, same for the mage, the mindflayer trick in the link works, like in the link, those 3 trolls were immortal as well, but i just ran.

Hi there, the fix suggested by seanus seems to work. You can try the one I just uploaded. The thing is that you have to reload from a saved game from an area before the meeting that unkillable tolgerias. (note: that there are two tolgerias scripts - one in the govt district & the other unkillable one).

To test if that fix really works, put it in your override directory, then spawn "Tolger2" and ctrl+y it after he does the dimension door spell. If he gets killed, then the fix works. Once you're sure it works, go back to your save game and see if it turns out fine for you.

I installed bg2 tweaks v6, which seems to be the latest version. I think I am screwed now anyways. I tried uninstalling ToD and now whenever I attempt to move to a new area the game crashes and says: An Assertion failed in InfScreenWorldMap.ccp at line 2120

EDIT: Ok, reinstalled the world map and now I can move around again. Went back to the save before the zombie farm and it is still off. All the merchants in bone hill are still messed up, so I think it is safe to say ToD was not the culprit.

Ya, I think thats the latest version. I'll probably do an install of the new versions again and play that trungle part to see what happens. Meanwhile, can you double check your notes to see if you can find unusual during your install.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#177 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

Doublecheck... do you have an older version of BG2 Tweaks installed, perhaps?
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

If you installed an older version of BG2 Tweaks, I believe that can cause issues with BG store files. I believe that the current Fixpack repaired this behavior. At the very least, it gives the clue that perhaps one of the mods is writing into stores expecting BG, or BG2, and accidentally scrambling stuff.

Hey, you were right. I removed that and now the stores work. I think I can do without the 10 gold I would make over the course of the game for having that installed.

And I found the cause of the zombie farm bug. On the first post of this thread is a file called wenric.dlg. I removed it and went to the farm and the conversation went as it is supposed to go. I suppose whatever bug it was supposed to deal with doesn't happen in using the components in the 1.25 version and installing it just causes problems.

I think I am out of issues. Well, other than how to beat those bounty hunters without ctrl y.

#178 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hi there, the fix suggested by seanus seems to work. You can try the one I just uploaded. The thing is that you have to reload from a saved game from an area before the meeting that unkillable tolgerias. (note: that there are two tolgerias scripts - one in the govt district & the other unkillable one).

To test if that fix really works, put it in your override directory, then spawn "Tolger2" and ctrl+y it after he does the dimension door spell. If he gets killed, then the fix works. Once you're sure it works, go back to your save game and see if it turns out fine for you.

hmm, i had a quicksave from right before i first entered the room in which i met him in the sphere(new area), since i my finger is rather trigger-happy with the "Q" button, but with that quicksave, none of the solutions worked, i've solved it with the mindflayer trick, but still thought you'd like the FYI.

speaking of which, i've a new problem, one i read occurs anyway, but thought you'd want to know, in shadows over soubar, ceeb isson disappears if you talk to galen first, quite a problem, since i believe it means you're stuck, i read in the walkthrough(figured i'd see if there was mention, and there was) that it has been reported more often, but a (shallow) forum-search yielded nothing.
nor any spawn code, so i'm rather stuck.

#179 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

OK, doing a manual install this time. I played for about 15 minutes and noticed all the armor had been nerfed and nuked the install in disgust. So, going back through and leaving out a few components, mostly things like nerfed armor, backstabbing and things some rule changes I don't care for. Now to the question.

On the manual install guide under scsII there are a few items you have with an arrow pointing to them saying problem. Should I skip those or leave them in? *EDIT* Duh, never mind. Noticed it in the i-7 part. I fail at reading today.

Ha, that happened to me too. Refinements saddled you with AC penalties wearing armor. Big warning! Had to restore backup and install for two more days.

I also did a manual install following the guide (with newer versions). Just put in another option on the problem components. (ex. instead of dragon casting uninteruptable magic put dragon casts like normal.) Then you get the smarter version w/out the problem. Good luck!

#180 cardinalinfante

cardinalinfante
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

OK, doing a manual install this time. I played for about 15 minutes and noticed all the armor had been nerfed and nuked the install in disgust. So, going back through and leaving out a few components, mostly things like nerfed armor, backstabbing and things some rule changes I don't care for. Now to the question.

On the manual install guide under scsII there are a few items you have with an arrow pointing to them saying problem. Should I skip those or leave them in? *EDIT* Duh, never mind. Noticed it in the i-7 part. I fail at reading today.

Ha, that happened to me too. Refinements saddled you with AC penalties wearing armor. Big warning! Had to restore backup and install for two more days.

I also did a manual install following the guide (with newer versions). Just put in another option on the problem components. (ex. instead of dragon casting uninteruptable magic put dragon casts like normal.) Then you get the smarter version w/out the problem. Good luck!

Yah- I also took the armor mod component out- interesting idea, but not realistic. Seems designed more to penalise high Dex characters wearing heavy armour, and the result is that average Dex characters CAN'T wear it. Under this mod, your average dwarf would start taking penalties to hit anything the minute he kitted up! I shudder to think of the consequences on dwarven society as a whole... :crying:

Also makes no sense when we ALSO have a mod in the SMM that allows you to stack protection devices to boost AC?

I'd like to see a mod that actually imposes penalties to your maximum Dex BONUS, aka 3rd ed, as a rebalancing idea.

Enuf drivel tho- my problem is something I am uncertain has to do with the Mega-mod. I got lag- big fat clunking sloooooow lag- so bad that I have to use the pause key to actually get much done. It ran fine until I hit DSotSC, then response time southed at that point. I struggled thru manfully to the other end of the mod to see if it was just THAT mod, but the problem remains :(

I still have Jet in my party- other than her and my items, I don't have any more quests or actual stuff from DSotSC to do anymore. Or is this gonna last until I finish NTotSC? Or will it never end? Heeeeeellp!!!