Photo

SMM Auto-DL / Auto-Installer (GUI) / Manual Install / WalkThru

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#241 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Can anyone help, please?

I can not even start it: when I run MegaMoshi file it says Warning: please run this program in SoA installation directory. This is what I do, it is placed: c:\Program Files\BioWare\Baldur's Gate II\
Any idea what is going on? How to work it out? I don't want to install manually :(

#242 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

Can anyone help, please?

I can not even start it: when I run MegaMoshi file it says Warning: please run this program in SoA installation directory. This is what I do, it is placed: c:\Program Files\BioWare\Baldur's Gate II\
Any idea what is going on? How to work it out? I don't want to install manually :(

Anybody????

#243 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Can anyone help, please?

Anybody????

I am not familiar with the SMM installation, but I can give you some pointers.

Is it just a warning, or is it an actually error? Can you ignore the warning?
What else does the warning say?
Does changing the directory name make any difference (e.g. Baldur's Gate II to something shorter and without symbols or spaces)?
Is your Baldur's Gate II a clean installation of BG2 and patched to v26498?
Have you tried a very simple version of the SMM auto-install just to see if it works for you?
Are you using an appropriate version of your browser to get all the files from the site?
Do you have all the relevant files downloaded for the installation?
Do you have enough disk space for the installation?
Are you running the program directly from that directory, or via a indirect mechanism (batch, or through a browser, etc.)?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#244 --maximus2001--

--maximus2001--

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Try C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate 2.

#245 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

As per your questions:

Game is installed on default path.
I tried alternative path (Black Isle) already.

I can not ignore box, it just doesn't start.

Wasnig says exactly "please run this program in SoA installation directory", nothing else.

Changing name doesn't make any difference.

It is clean installation; it was ALREADY patched to v26498:
I think it is a place where problem is located: if i try to run any patch it doesn't see game also (it is Polish version of the game).

What i need to know is HOW MegaMoshi examine if the game is installed/patched/located and switch the feature off.

Can anybody help, please?

#246 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Can you post a screenshot of your entire SoA directory?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#247 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

#248 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Id doesn't appear :(

That's the link:

http://img510.images...g2screenrl2.jpg

#249 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

You seem to have a BG2Main.exe and a BGMain (no extension?).
I think one of those should be BGMain.exe. Try renaming BG2Main.exe to BGMain.exe and try to install SMM again.

--------------
Retired Modder

#250 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

They are both exe.

I re=-installed the game, just in case, it is still the same :(

#251 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hmm, from what I've tested, the installation is detected corretly with the following files only: baldur.ini, baldur.exe, BGConfig.exe, BGMain.exe, chitin.key, dialog.tlk. There might be some files that the installer doesn't like. Try and move BGMain2.exe out of the directory and see if that works. If not, try moving other files (except for the mentioned ones; don't move dialogF.tlk though) and see what happens.

--------------
Retired Modder

#252 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

Advice for the quest...

(no extension?).

To show then, you need to go to the Control Panel, Folder Options, and uncheck the Hide extensions for all known file types . My guess is that the BGMain is the BGMain.exe already... and the BG2Main is some .txt or .ini file...

But the main problem can be, that he is using the Windows Vista(I see this from the file directory), and the User Account Control isn't turned off, which is necessary to mod the game. :rolleyes:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#253 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

My belief was that BGMain wasn't an .exe because because the icon was different from other known .exes, like the dxtest and the gltest files, but that might not hold true.

--------------
Retired Modder

#254 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Sorry, but you are both mistaken. UCA is turned off (from the very beginning - it is the most useless and annying feature I ever seen) bhmain and bg2main are both exe. It wasn't shown on the screen, but making extensions visible doesn't change anything.

Look, guys, I'm not completly newbie to mods and computers. I tried things you have mentioned. I'm rather looking for help specificly for this mod - I just simply need to know what kind of test it doest before it starts.

However.... I have an idea! Could you zip bgmain and bg2main and send to me? Or paste to rapidshare? My e-mail: marc.floyd@hotmail.co.uk

#255 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

As I said, it looks for those six files. I just downloaded the MegaMoshi installer and made 6 empty files with those names on a public uni computer and it gets past your roadblock (although it reported invalid configuration, which is obvious).
The installer may rely on an a current version of .NET, have you tried updating your .NET framework?

--------------
Retired Modder

#256 -Marc-

-Marc-

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:59 AM

baldur.exe!!!!!

Thanks, o, great man!

#257 betelges

betelges
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

hi mates i'm trying to install megamoshi, i have done all till the copy of megamoshi folder in bg2 folder.
my problem is the follow : when i try to open megamoshi an error occurred: the application is not properly initialized (0xc0000135)

How can i resolve the matter?

Many thx in advance.

If someone can follow me with msn or similar and help me to conclude the installation i swear to donate 10 euros to the site.

Paolo

#258 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

As already said before by Ascension...

when i try to open megamoshi an error occurred: the application is not properly initialized (0xc0000135)

And as many of the error solutions in the net say that: You need Microsoft .NET 2.0 Frameworks installed or 3.5(for Vista) works just as well. So you better check out that you have that installed. And re-installation of the .NET might also help.

By the way, what operation system do you use? If it's the Vista and you have installed the game to the c:\Program Files\BioWare\Baldur's Gate II\ you need to reinstall the game to other folder than the Program Files, as the Vista has the nice feature that makes the files edited there to become images, so no real changes are actually made, as there is the read-only command on the directories and subdirs, that can't be overwritten easily.
So, reinstall the game to C:\Games\BGII - SoA , patch it and then proceed to check that you have the Microsoft .NET Frameworks 3.x installed on the Control Panel->Programs and Features.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 October 2008 - 12:42 PM.

#259 shadow85

shadow85
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi, just wondering how much extra content does this bring to BG1 saga? because the 6 major mods it has included is all for BGII, I am more interested in BG1Saga.

#260 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Hi, just wondering how much extra content does this bring to BG1 saga? because the 6 major mods it has included is all for BGII, I am more interested in BG1Saga.

Well, it has all the major quest mods ever made for BGI(+BGT+BGTutu) except the BGMiniQuests... and Stone of Askavar(that's Tutu only). It doesn't have many the NPC mods... The versions are bit older than the once in the Big World Project, but it's more stable.