SMM Auto-DL / Auto-Installer (GUI) / Manual Install / WalkThru

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#21 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

3. Ok sure I'll check on this part. Any clue whether its one them mods at the top of the list or bottom? "Had to rename mod packages" - about how many?

2 or 3 i think.

Another thing some sub component still needs user feed back for example bg2_tweaks sabre romance cheats component.

By the way can you pls implement choosing mods and components like kovarex did. This way it will be more flexible.

Thanks for the great work...

Thanks, I'm downloading the package to test it out in case I missed out something. But actually thats the objective of this installer. NO CUSTOMISATION for consistency in playing. I'm building something configurable purposes to be used with the installer, but will not give support for it in terms of game bugs etc.

Do read the documentation. It'll help you understand whether the package is for you or not.

Edited by bigmoshi, 28 December 2007 - 08:07 AM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#22 Jakar

Jakar
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hello, thanks for your efforts ;)

But, :D i have a problem. Autoinstaller won't work for me :( It keeps sending me messages that i should check that my BG & Winrar paths are correct.
They are correct :( I always install bg1 to default location, also winrar is installed to c:\program files\winrar\
My Winrar is 3.71 version. My BG1 is Original Saga release (the one with 3cd's). My operation system is WinXP Home SP2.
Help? :D

#23 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hello, thanks for your efforts ;)

But, :D i have a problem. Autoinstaller won't work for me :( It keeps sending me messages that i should check that my BG & Winrar paths are correct.
They are correct :( I always install bg1 to default location, also winrar is installed to c:\program files\winrar\
My Winrar is 3.71 version. My BG1 is Original Saga release (the one with 3cd's). My operation system is WinXP Home SP2.
Help? :D

set winrar to the executable. i labelled it wrongly as path >,<
c:\program files\winrar\WINRAR.EXE

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#24 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

3. Ok sure I'll check on this part. Any clue whether its one them mods at the top of the list or bottom? "Had to rename mod packages" - about how many?

2 or 3 i think.

Another thing some sub component still needs user feed back for example bg2_tweaks sabre romance cheats component.

By the way can you pls implement choosing mods and components like kovarex did. This way it will be more flexible.

Thanks for the great work...

Thanks, I'm downloading the package to test it out in case I missed out something. But actually thats the objective of this installer. NO CUSTOMISATION for consistency in playing. I'm building something configurable purposes to be used with the installer, but will not give support for it in terms of game bugs etc.

Do read the documentation. It'll help you understand whether the package is for you or not.

Ok sadun! I just made a custom scripter (you and Azazello owe me a treat). You can go play with it at http://moddy.forbesn...k.com/index.php. I did not do heavy testing, and its just a workable demo.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#25 Jakar

Jakar
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image
This is what program shows me by default and it's true, so i change nothing.

Posted Image
Error message

Posted Image
From this screen you could see that my installation should be correct.

:wacko:

#26 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image
This is what program shows me by default and it's true, so i change nothing.

Posted Image
Error message

Posted Image
From this screen you could see that my installation should be correct.

:wacko:

Allo. for some reason the jpegs are not loading up for me. I just sent you my msn thru pm. If you need a quick resolution, just add me to msn.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#27 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

Ok I found the reason. Somehow, my ordinary BG installation has BGMain.exe which I performed a check in the autoinstaller.

Just copy your BG2Main.exe and rename it as BGMain.exe to bypass the check. Let me know if it works. Then i'll update the documents.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#28 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Updated patches, demo for generic xml builder (not supported), clarified issues, added more credits. I realised that there are so many things to note, so I reformatted the support post for ease of readability.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#29 --OldMountainGorilla--

--OldMountainGorilla--

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

I am using the really excellent BEGINNERS guide. In the list of files you need to download is this one: scs-v7.exe
The link is totally broken and the file doesn't exist. It is supposed to be a Gibberling 3, but it doesn't exist. I assume that they renamed it. There were a few other files of theirs which I had to go to their site and find manually in their list of downloads. They are actually higher version numbers. I thought I would let you all know. Thank you again!

#30 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

I am using the really excellent BEGINNERS guide. In the list of files you need to download is this one: scs-v7.exe
The link is totally broken and the file doesn't exist. It is supposed to be a Gibberling 3, but it doesn't exist. I assume that they renamed it. There were a few other files of theirs which I had to go to their site and find manually in their list of downloads. They are actually higher version numbers. I thought I would let you all know. Thank you again!

Oh dear, they changed the mirrors, I'll fix it. Check back in about an hour. Thanks :D

Update: Ok done. Thanks

Edited by bigmoshi, 30 December 2007 - 10:08 PM.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#31 CrowLord

CrowLord
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:24 AM

Hey Bigmoshi

In your manual installv1.21, step 1b) details the editing of the BG1 ini file. Is this still necessary when using the Auto Install? The same question for step 1d).

Also, at the start of Step 3, it states some extra details which some involve editing some files. does the auto-install take care of this for you or is it still necessary?

Cheers

#32 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:41 AM

Hey Bigmoshi

In your manual installv1.21, step 1b) details the editing of the BG1 ini file. Is this still necessary when using the Auto Install? The same question for step 1d).

Also, at the start of Step 3, it states some extra details which some involve editing some files. does the auto-install take care of this for you or is it still necessary?

Cheers

Hi Crowlord, the manual guide doesn't apply for the auto-installer. It does the ini edit + the extra steps in 3 automatically.

There are two ways to install the SMM package:

Method A - Complete Automation (recommended)
Download SMM AutoInstaller + SMM MOD_SOURCE - section 1
Auto-download the mods required - section 2
Auto-installation procedures - section 4
Support for SMM installed games - section 3
Download SMM walkthrough - section 1

Method B - Manual Installation (if you have some good reason)
Download mods using Mod Links (convenience) - section 1
Read SMM Manual Installation Guide - section 1

See http://my.opera.com/...llation-toolbox for more information. Thanks.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#33 CrowLord

CrowLord
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:03 AM

Hi Crowlord, the manual guide doesn't apply for the auto-installer. It does the ini edit + the extra steps in 3 automatically.

There are two ways to install the SMM package:

Method A - Complete Automation (recommended)
Download SMM AutoInstaller + SMM MOD_SOURCE - section 1
Auto-download the mods required - section 2
Auto-installation procedures - section 4

Method B - Manual Installation (if you have some good reason)
Download mods using Mod Links (convenience) - section 1
Read SMM Manual Installation Guide - section 1

See http://my.opera.com/...llation-toolbox for more information. Thanks.

Cheers, that was the only thing that was puzzling me. Great Work

#34 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:07 AM

Cheers, that was the only thing that was puzzling me. Great Work

Welcome :)

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#35 CrowLord

CrowLord
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:31 AM

I downloaded everything using the Free Download Manager like you said, and when it came to install the program said that some Mods weren't in the MOD_SOURCE folder even though they were.

The reason this was, is that the program was expecting those mods to have _'s instead of -'s. All I had to do was change those mods filenames from, for example, AjocsMinimodWeidu-v16 to AjocsMinimodWeidu_v16

I posted this just in case anyone else was having my problem. This might be caused by Free Download Manger, but I'm not sure because there were other mods that I downloaded through Free Download Manager that left the underscores intact.

#36 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

I downloaded everything using the Free Download Manager like you said, and when it came to install the program said that some Mods weren't in the MOD_SOURCE folder even though they were.

The reason this was, is that the program was expecting those mods to have _'s instead of -'s. All I had to do was change those mods filenames from, for example, AjocsMinimodWeidu-v16 to AjocsMinimodWeidu_v16

I posted this just in case anyone else was having my problem. This might be caused by Free Download Manger, but I'm not sure because there were other mods that I downloaded through Free Download Manager that left the underscores intact.

Hi thanks Crowlord!

Btw, I'll update the installer soon. Just waiting for more bug reports. :D

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#37 CrowLord

CrowLord
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:40 AM

Hi thanks Crowlord!

Btw, I'll update the installer soon. Just waiting for more bug reports. :D

Are you going to update the guide as well. One thing i wory about with these megamod installs is missing out quests, as I want to do everything

#38 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:44 AM

Yeps I'll be, I'm doing BGcity area now. Was trying to figure out the GreyClan last night. Looks fun :D

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#39 --China--

--China--

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Yeps I'll be, I'm doing BGcity area now. Was trying to figure out the GreyClan last night. Looks fun :D

#40 --China--

--China--

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Not having much joy with the download of 'The Black Rose Market Prices' mod. I keep getting a damaged file through the link posted, and can't find it anywhere else. This leads to the SMM automation process farting, and the whole thing stops dead at that point.
Any other link to download this mod?