Photo

Still Interested

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Caelellowynn

Caelellowynn
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

Finally joined so that I could post this. Just want to say that there is still interest in this mod. I've been a background watcher here for awhile now and, dang it!, I just couldn't keep quiet any longer.

"Lurking in the background I am amazed at the possibilities" -Shade

Edited by Caelellowynn, 09 January 2008 - 01:11 PM.

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself- Mark Twain

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?- Steven Wright

Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

Hi, Shade13! Welcome to SHS!

Believe me, this mod is not dead. Sir Kalthorine, her creator, is completely committed to seeing this through. It's alive and well, but taking its time.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Caelellowynn

Caelellowynn
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

Thanks Berelinde. Thought I would post this real quick since I had a bit of a 'whoops-si-daisy' with the whole name game and K'aeloree was nice enough to get me straightened around.

And glad to hear that about the mod.

edit: someday I'm going to learn to post without the need to go back and correct my spelling. Just...not today.

Edited by Caelellowynn, 09 January 2008 - 01:17 PM.

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself- Mark Twain

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?- Steven Wright

Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin

#4 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

I'm still interested too. I still lurk too and it's good to let our esteemed author know we are still interested in Chrysta. :)

#5 -Emilie-

-Emilie-

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:44 AM

I just encountered the mod and I am DEFINITELY also interested, it looks like it could be a really great mod! :)

#6 -Audustum-

-Audustum-

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

I just encountered the mod and I am DEFINITELY also interested, it looks like it could be a really great mod! :)

I must concur. It would be wonderful if Sir K could post an update.

I mean, he hasn't taken as long as Lord M yet (with that whole ToB-Imoen Romance mod), but it's still nice to learn about what he's working on!

#7 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

It is the continued interest that keeps me interested as well, don't worry :)

Watch this space for an official update in the next few days - personal issues in the real world have kept me away, but I have started writing new content this week and will not give up on this mod until it is finished... even if it ends up being released just in time for the Baldurs Gate 25th Anniversary Celebrations :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#8 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

SIR KALTHORINE!!!!

THE ORDER OF RADIANT UGLINESS RETURNS!!!!

#9 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

THE ORDER OF RADIANT UGLINESS RETURNS!!!!

Checks mirror...

Sure does!

Wanders off depressed and turns the light off ;)

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 18 March 2008 - 04:08 PM.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

You kidding?! Membership in that Order is the most coveted in the land. Where can I apply?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

will not give up on this mod until it is finished... even if it ends up being released just in time for the Baldurs Gate 25th Anniversary Celebrations

Never make a promise to an Imp you can't complete, so we'll be holding you to your promise in about 15 years. Now to the main event, the threat:
:devil:
If the product isn't complete...jadajadajada, The Order of Radiant Ugliness, will be demolished into The Chaos of Dim Beauty. :o Uhh, the horror.
And, ah, well we can't promise the process will be pretty.
:cheers:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 justthisguy

justthisguy
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hm.. a modder who quotes Bertolt Brecht, this should be interesting. Yes, I'm really that superficial. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this mod, keep it up and a seperate yeah for the dialogue-heavy statements. Who would want to indulge in power-gaming when a mod contains enough reading pleasure to fill a book :)

#13 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

Is anything going on?

#14 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

Good to see there is still interest in this :) If it helps also, Sir Kalthorine, welcome back. Just to let you know, I've not given up on Valasse, so don't you give up on Chrysta. Hee.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#15 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

New and interesting NPCs are always welcome! Looking at her portrait and taking into account her mysterious druid abilities, I'm guessing she's a dryad clone.

#16 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

I'm glad to hear this is still proceeding too.

(It gives me hope for Arkalian :( )

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#17 Jeneara

Jeneara
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

I'm still very interested!! can't wait to see her.

#18 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:37 AM

Burst of Chrysta activity imminent - watch this space! :)

#19 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Burst of Chrysta activity imminent - watch this space! :)

Yay!!!

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

The Imp twiddels with it's thumbs.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.