• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:20 AM

I've been working on fixing the various and sundry SoA Nathaniel bugs, and if anyone would be able to help test the new version that would be great! You won't have to do anything special, just play through as usual. If you're interested, please drop me a PM or reply here and I'll send the new version over to you ASAP.

Edited by Miss Sakaki, 10 February 2008 - 01:23 AM.

#2 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:20 AM

I'd be happy to help you test it, Miss Sakaki.

#3 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

Check your PM, I've sent it over. :cheers:

#4 ark7

ark7
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

I'd be happy to help too.

Edited by ark7, 24 January 2008 - 09:54 AM.

namida de nijimu yuuyake iro

#5 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

Thank you! I've sent the file over to you. :cheers:

#6 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

Miss Sakaki, I've just installed version 4.1 of Nathaniel and I got the message 'Installed with warnings' at the end, so I just wanted to check with you if everything is all right or the installation got messed up somewhere. I haven't tried playing yet, will do so right after this.

Attached Files

#7 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

Yes, sorry about that. You just need to open Setup-Nathaniel.tp2 in a text editor, delete "MODDER" in the third line and reinstall. (The crossmod stuff doesn't install on your version either, but I've fixed that so it's nothing to worry about.) Happy playing!

#8 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

I think I have found the first bug. When we're in the government building talking to Bylanna, Nathaniel doesn't interject to ask about Latimer, and subsequently doesn't say anything to Brega either.

I'll keep posting any bugs I find here so ark7 can verify whether or not it happens to him too.

#9 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:34 AM

Thank you, I'll check that out. :cheers:

#10 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:51 AM

Thank you, I'll check that out. :cheers:

I've done about 5 installs of 4.1 cos I kept getiing the "Installed with Warnings" message too Thanks for the fix, but I also get the problem where if I get Nathaniel to talk in the Government building, he asks about the Cowled wizards and the Shadow Thieves......

#11 ark7

ark7
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

I was just about to ask about the Council of Six interjection myself. Nathaniel made no inquiries about Latimer.
On a side note, I've noticed that the "Race you to that spot." flirt appears twice. Is it suposed to be like that?

Edit: This is the first time I'm trying this mod, so I may miss some bugs (or get too paranoid about them u.u)

Edited by ark7, 27 January 2008 - 11:24 AM.

#12 Emzeror

Emzeror
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:02 PM

Miss Sakaki, if you need a tester I am up for it, just gonna warn you, I am very hard :)

Currently trying to learn to mod myself now, maybe can get some ideas :D
Shadow of Asere - Mod under development. - More information coming.

"Tales and stories long forgotten has been remembered,
evil and chaos sealed away has been found,
beware mortal, the world will tremble once again."

-- Asere

#13 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

On a side note, I've noticed that the "Race you to that spot." flirt appears twice. Is it suposed to be like that?

I don't get the "Race you to that spot" option at all. Is it only available to certain character classes? My PC is a fighter/druid. I get "Can I heal you" but no race. Which is a pity 'cause I enjoy leaving Nathaniel in the dust with my excellent stats. :)

Another bug:
After Nathaniel has his first panic incident (the vampire bite one), he doesn't say the "Sorry about earlier/I was tired" line after resting. However he says it after the next time the party rests.

#14 ark7

ark7
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

Well, Nathaniel has already complained about my delaying to go to the Council building, so I am reluctant to continue before the issue is dealt with (if the problem can be solved without restarting, that is). So, sorry Nix, but I can't go trigger the vampire bite bug right now =P

#15 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Well, Nathaniel has already complained about my delaying to go to the Council building, so I am reluctant to continue before the issue is dealt with (if the problem can be solved without restarting, that is). So, sorry Nix, but I can't go trigger the vampire bite bug right now =P

Oh no problem. I keep one saved game just before entering the Council building, but I wanted to continue playing so I just changed some variables. If you want to continue you can enter CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FHBylanna", "GLOBAL", 1), CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FHBrega", "GLOBAL", 1), and CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FHBregaUpset", "GLOBAL", 1). This will make it seem as though Nathaniel has already talked to Magistrate Bylanna and Chief Brega. :)

#16 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

Seem to have another one - the messenger Terl isn't showing up. I've had all the talks (last one was the 'let it go' talk) and have been wandering around for a while now but still no Terl. Nathaniel also hasn't been flirting since the last talk, so it seems to be the same problem as with Bryce in the earlier version, only this time it's Terl.

#17 ark7

ark7
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

I've got unexpectedly caught up in a Diablo II mod and it will be a day or two before I can sort out all the (grim) balance issues and return to Nathaniel. Sorry, I'll try finish it as fast as I can.
Oh, my head hurts... ¬¬

#18 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

I'm afraid the Latimer issue doesn't seem to have been resolved. Been wandering around for quite some time after the "It's been a while/How do you feel" talk. Still the same problem as before - no flirts from Nath, and no Latimer.

#19 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Emzeror - that's great. Thank you very much for the offer.

I'm just about to send out another version with these issues fixed (fingers crossed) - check your PMs. :cheers:

#20 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

Emzeror - that's great. Thank you very much for the offer.

I'm just about to send out another version with these issues fixed (fingers crossed) - check your PMs. :cheers:

That's great! :) I use the following mods along with Nathaniel, after the Black Isle and G3 patches(G3 Core Fixes only):
Ease of Use
Solaufein
DungeonBeGone

Should they be installed in any particular order?