• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:16 AM

Only that if you want crossmod with Solaufein you'll need to install Solaufein first. Also please don't install any multi-romance mods - it'll mess things up.

#22 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the info. :) I haven't seen the updated file yet, though.

#23 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

Okay, the good news is Bylanna's and Brega's dialogues are working fine now, and Terl also showed up when he was supposed to. :cheers:

The bad news is Latimer still isn't showing up. (He is one stubborn bastard, ain't he?) I checked the timer for Bryce's arrival and it said FHBryceArrive doesn't exist? Another thing is, after the "It's been a while" talk Nath jumps straight to the "I love you charname" one, even though Latimer hadn't yet turned up.

#24 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

Excellent, good to know something's working - small steps to success! I shall have another look at the Latimer spawning code. Thanks!

Zander - sorry, I'll send you over the file today.

#25 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

Hmm, Nath is still jumping ahead to the "I love you" talk before Bryce's arrival. Bryce didn't arrive in my game either, but maybe that's because Nath had already skipped forward.

#26 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

I think this will fix it - could you give it a try? Just replace the old fhnat.baf (it's in Nathaniel/script/SoA) with this one, reinstall and go from the "how are you feeling about this?" talk. Thanks!

Attached Files

#27 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Booyah! :cheers: It works! :cheers: :cheers: Latimer showed up, and there was no jump-ahead dialogue from Nath, and he is also flirting before Latimer's arrival. Third time (or is it fourth time?) lucky. :)

Although I hate to bring this up now, I've discovered another, much more minor bug - some of the random NPC interactions with Nathaniel aren't happening. Generally they're the ones where the NPC is supposed to start the conversation with Nathaniel (The mother and child in the Temple District, the homophobic nobleman, crazy Celvan, the shouting girl, et al.)

#28 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

Woot! That's excellent news. :cheers:

The other good news is that I know why those conversations aren't happening, and it's easily fixable. Yay!

#29 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

That's great news indeed! Another minor thing I've noticed is that sometimes Nath pipes up with "Hmm, you should think about what you're doing. We should be trying to do the right thing." It sounds like something he'd say if you have a low reputation, but my reputation was at popular so I'm guessing it's a bug.

#30 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:53 AM

Thanks - will poke around in the script. :D

#31 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

I noticed that the interjection with the drow masseur in the Underdark didn't come up for some reason, but on to more major concerns.

- After the rest talk that starts with "Nathaniel comes to sit beside you as you are preparing to sleep" and then the morning after talk, trying to flirt gets "Nathaniel has nothing to say to you". I'm not sure whether this is just a thing with my game or a legitimate bug, but I did redo it a few times with the same result.

- After rescuing Nathaniel from vampirisim, he frequently initiates dialogue and says the line you get when you try to flirt with him, i.e. (Something has been amiss with Nathaniel since his vampiric transformation...) This happens about every 3 minutes or so.

- After the "Charname are you awake?" talk and then resting, he initiates the same dialogue ("Charname are you awake") over and over again and forces the party to rest after each time too. This has been happening almost every minute. Trying to flirt with him via the pid also brings up this conversation.

#32 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:31 AM

*cracks knuckles* Allrighty, that's very good to know. The masseur thing is fixed now, but I shall poke around with the talk-weirdness today, hopefully.

#33 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

Hokie dokie... now it seems that after the "Nathaniel comes to sit beside you as you are preparing to sleep" rest talk, instead of the morning after talk he's saying the "Charname, thank you" dialogue, and he's repeating it continuously.

And after being told that Latimer is alive, Avery doesn't seem to register cause talking to him every time after still brings up the Latimer is alive conversation.

#34 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:50 AM

:doh: (embarrassing mistakes, an excuse to use my favourite smiley!) Alrighty, here are (hopefully) fixed Avery dialogue and Nathaniel scripts - just replace the current ones and reinstall.

Attached Files

#35 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:29 AM

The rest thing works ok now. However a short time after that Nathaniel initiated dialogue as though he was going to flirt, but the pid came up instead; and now this is repeating continuously.

#36 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

Good to know some of it works, anyway! I'll check out the pid stuff.

#37 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

Okeydokey, I know in this version I've fixed something, but I'm not sure whether it's *that* problem as I don't have a savegame at the point you're at. If this version of the script doesn't fix it, could you email us your save?

Attached Files

#38 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

Doh! I'm afraid it was my error when reporting the earlier bug. The timing of it led me to think it was a flirting issue, but it was actually due to place and event - after killing Neb and taking his head. So the real bug is that when he's supposed to say the post-killing-Neb line, the pid comes up instead, repeatedly. Sorry for the mistake. My turn to use this smiley: :doh:

#39 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

Cool, I've got that fixed. Just SetGlobal("FHNeb","LOCALS",2) and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.

#40 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:10 AM

SetGlobal("FHNeb", "LOCALS", 2) doesn't seem to do the trick. It's still happening.