mm75 MEGA Install - Posting my bugs here

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

mm75, check on Coran and his Wyverns, especially X#CoranWyvernDisabled vs other things - perhaps on the mega there are several mods trying to fix Coran's discussion about the wyverns and clashing script-wise. I am sure both UB and BG1NPC do, and usually it isn't a problem, but who knows on a Mega. Things can get complicated fast!

A quick way to check this is to CLUA in a wyvern head, and see if something fires off or the stuttering stops...

And go to the Temple of Lathander to finish the quest?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#22 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

The Permanent stutter Bug seems to increase when I visit AR3499. Early in a BGT/Mega Mod game there is no stutter, for me, as I play it increases. It seems to me that I get a little pause with the pendulum after playing for a while. At this point the game is very playable. Once the stutter gets bad if I load a saved game that had just a little stutter it now has a bad stutter. At this point only if I load a very early saved game will it play without stutter.

Yes, finishing a quest will often lessen the stutter some, but it seems to keep building as you play the game. Could someone with some skill make a cleaning program to clear out the scripts?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#23 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

The Permanent stutter Bug seems to increase when I visit AR3499. Early in a BGT/Mega Mod game there is no stutter, for me, as I play it increases. It seems to me that I get a little pause with the pendulum after playing for a while. At this point the game is very playable. Once the stutter gets bad if I load a saved game that had just a little stutter it now has a bad stutter. At this point only if I load a very early saved game will it play without stutter.

Yes, finishing a quest will often lessen the stutter some, but it seems to keep building as you play the game. Could someone with some skill make a cleaning program to clear out the scripts?

All right.....

I have not had any slowdowns in my install. Yes I would like to see this secret fix and clearing program for mm75's install with his special testing of BG1 NPC and nithrun fixes and whatever else he is playing with.

Edit: profanity and angry typing deleted. Not your fault mm75 or Chev.

Edited by Hoppy, 20 February 2008 - 08:41 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#24 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

Any links or information to the modifications would be nice instead of "this is what I do" take it or leave it.

- King Diamond

#25 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

Any links or information to the modifications would be nice instead of "this is what I do" take it or leave it.

Often times links are not available because the changes players make to their games are not changes that are available for general release to the public. Personally, I may make alterations to my game to suit my playing style, but if the particular mod author has asked specifically for their mod not to be changed in any way I sure wouldn't release a link to any changes I make, or even provide the information on how to do it as general knowledge. It's not such a difficult thing to respect mod authors wishes.

It takes a village...

#26 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

Hoppy, if u're speaking about the BG1NPC modification i have, sorry i cannot post the link to the private version cmorgan is using for testing purposes, it would be not FAIR (and now the version is also different). Anyway, i think u can ping cmorgan and see if he gives it to you, u're a pretty skilled man, so your skills could be useful to BG1NPC project to find bugs and problems :cheers:
If u're speaking about other PRIVATE modifications i have ... well, these are ONLY changes i did about my game to suit my personal style. Again, i modified other people's work and i cannot distribute neither made them public. Anyway, those modifications are strictly related to the kits, not the mods (apart a little fix for Bonehill and Lobar i did sometime ago, but i'm sure they are NOT related to my stutter bug).

@cmorgan: thanks for the tip. I'll try to see if the issue is related to the wyvern quest. I don't have CORAN in my party anyway, but i'll look for those variables and see what happens finishing the quest. Just to let u know, i digged something more into the problem (unfortunately i have not thatmuch time) and i discovered running some saves i have ... that the stutter begins just after i defeat Amarande (i kill him just after i rescue Maretha) and it "improves" unfortunately later going to the mines. I'm going to do a couple of things right now: enter the mines and see if the stutter continues ... and finish the wyvern quest and see if it goes away ...

Chev is right "generally" about the stutter ... at least so far, after i killed Amarande it went worst and worst continuing with the game.

Keep u updated on those :rolleyes:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

Update: THE STUTTER WENT AWAY!

Still have to understand the cause, but as soon as my party enterered the the house before going down to the Cloackwood mines, the stutter disappeared. If i come back to the cloackwood area AFTER i went inside, the stutter won't bore anymore.

Something should be cleared by loading a new area (new required area), but i still have to understand what ... anyway ... cool! :-)

mm75

#28 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hoppy, I thought you had the BG1NPC stuff - right now the version I have is *not* a good idea for megas, because berelinde is kicking tail and taking names on all those I_C_T2 and I_C_T materials across the project, but give us a few more days and I'll have an internal for BGT testing that will knock your socks off (and put them back on again). I 'll send you the link right now - but the version up there si nly a partial build, and I really, really don't recommend it when we are so close to having a solid build for testing. Ascension64 and Nythrun and the bigg and (to an extremely much lesser extent I) came up with some great code for making sure the correct stuff got patched on Megas/BGT with mods installed before BGT (see the whole Fluid States conversation) and we have set up more older code to be even more other-mod-friendly.

mm75, glad it worked - but that sounds very, very bad for me. That sounds like something in either Jaheira's Quest or Coran's Quest might not be closing properly. I am being highly selfish and hoping it isn't BG1NPC... If you get any leads at all, please let me know - we don't have this on the Tutu side of things, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. It just means that it hasn't been discovered yet :)

Edited by cmorgan, 21 February 2008 - 07:10 PM.

#29 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:01 AM

@mm75-Glad it cleared up for you dude!! Game on!!
I hope it will be the last slowdown you have in your adventure! (knocks on wood, crosses fingers) :cheers:.
I went back through and did notice that my game did slow down in the Wyvern area. I though it may have been a corrupted creature but cleared after I beat the Wyverns. It is hard to diagnose if it keeps going. I will see if I have a save before Jaheira and Coran's quest so maybe I can do both and try to recreate the slowdown.

@cmorgan, nope I just had/have the NPCproject version14 without the nebfix because I deleted the TuTu folder that was needed for that way back at installation. No biggy as I used SharTeel at that part and Angelo zaps the party outside with no jail time a la BG1UB. I had very few problems with V14 so I can wait til 15 hits the cyberstores at G3. Greatness takes time ;)

- King Diamond

#30 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

Update. During the week-end i try to discover something more about the stutter bug i had in the cloackwoods. I looked and search ALL Jaheira's variables between the save with stutter and the one without ... ALL the same. The is absolutely no differences ... bah, i'm honest to say i don't know why it happened. Anyway it has gone.

I've run then through the game and i'm in DSotSC portion of game.

Worldmap bug: after u defeat Jetlaya's sister (banshee) u cannot reach ANY destination in the worldmap. U need to CLUAConsole to DSC002 area manually to complete the Dark One quest for example.

mm75

#31 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:35 AM

Update. During the week-end i try to discover something more about the stutter bug i had in the cloackwoods. I looked and search ALL Jaheira's variables between the save with stutter and the one without ... ALL the same. The is absolutely no differences ... bah, i'm honest to say i don't know why it happened. Anyway it has gone.

I've run then through the game and i'm in DSotSC portion of game.

Worldmap bug: after u defeat Jetlaya's sister (banshee) u cannot reach ANY destination in the worldmap. U need to CLUAConsole to DSC002 area manually to complete the Dark One quest for example.

mm75

That's an issue with "Original Travel Times" component. I fixed it for the "Revised" component.

It takes a village...

#32 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:45 AM

Some updates after some time ...

1) Bug in Orc Mage & Priest animations (i thought in the past it was cause by BP but it is not the case now). They are "switched", orc priest use animation of orc mage and viceversa.

2) Raise Dead scroll bug. I guees BG1 UB caused it having a look at changes. U need to change the scroll targeting a dead character to solve the issue.

mm75

#33 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

Got a CTD in a BG city area. The area is AR7617 where Varci.cre & Txxxx.cre (i don't remember the name) should spawn after u talk to him outside his building. It seems the 2 .cre files are corrupted and i needed to delete them from override to solve the CTD.

mm75

#34 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

Other CTD reaching the Northern Citadel from NTotSC.

This is caused by Nithrum Fix who changed something wrong with NTMONKDE.cre. I needed to restore that .cre file from original NTotSC folder.

Erebusant: if u have the chance to read this post, may u verify in your game the same bug with that cre please?

mm75

#35 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

Other CTD reaching the Northern Citadel from NTotSC.

This is caused by Nithrum Fix who changed something wrong with NTMONKDE.cre. I needed to restore that .cre file from original NTotSC folder.

Erebusant: if u have the chance to read this post, may u verify in your game the same bug with that cre please?

mm75

Ah finally someone else has this. Melkor I can verify having all of these problems as well going back to the jetlaya map problem from a few weeks ago. The Varci one in Baldurs Gate I had thought was caused by accidentally killing the girl outside the city with the bowl so the variable was wrong. That wasn't it though, because I cluad her in and talked and still ctd. I have had the Northern citadel ctd on both of my recent installs, and have run Nythrun fix 5 times in my new install. I'm glad you found solution for both!

Have you had any problem in the Firewine Ruins? I keep getting a ctd even after putting all files in override. Maybe its the same problem as citadel?

#36 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

Have you had any problem in the Firewine Ruins? I keep getting a ctd even after putting all files in override. Maybe its the same problem as citadel?

No issue at all at Firewine Ruins. The only bugs i'm finding are here within this thread. If u open a new thread for that issue i could try to help there (please don't reply here, just to take "clean" this thread with this kind of installation.

Thanks,

mm75

#37 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

When you are using original folder creatures (like from NSotSC), are the strings mixed up in the banner descriptions of the said creature or do they come out as intended?

- King Diamond

#38 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

When you are using original folder creatures (like from NSotSC), are the strings mixed up in the banner descriptions of the said creature or do they come out as intended?

That depends on if they were originally installed as a "string" or "nostring" creature. You need to look at the .tp2 and if they require a naming set up a .tp2 to re-install them into your game with the proper string.

It takes a village...

#39 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

I didn't have a look at tp2 but the .cre should have been installed as a nostring. U have to change manually they dialog/used names, etc .. or install with a new tp2 correctly. If not, the strings are messed up, yes.

Anyway so far, the issue has been true for a couple of creature, so not that bad ;-)

mm75

#40 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #11 // Raise selling values -> Raise to 150%
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reduce buying values -> Reduce to 67%

Hello, MM :), can you report your experience with the quoted configuration of selling and buying values you set within your install? Does it obligates you to think carefully about what to acquire and what to discard? (in a balanced way, naturally) Have you to struggle yourself for earn the privilege to buy the most valuable items?

Cheats aside, of course.

PS: If you want this topic only for bughunting purposes and not for playtesting or comments about your installation, feel free to ignore my post :)

Edited by SirLancelot, 04 April 2008 - 02:10 PM.

Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.