#41 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:32 AM

~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #11 // Raise selling values -> Raise to 150%
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reduce buying values -> Reduce to 67%

Hello, MM :), can you report your experience with the quoted configuration of selling and buying values you set within your install? Does it obligates you to think carefully about what to acquire and what to discard? (in a balanced way, naturally) Have you to struggle yourself for earn the privilege to buy the most valuable items?

Cheats aside, of course.

PS: If you want this topic only for bughunting purposes and not for playtesting or comments about your installation, feel free to ignore my post :)

No probs,

it is balanced in my game (BG1 part for now) and i think also it's balanced (may be challenging at the beginning) in Bg2 with SOS. DSotSC Mod and mainly NTotSC gives u LOT of stuff. I used to avoid using overpowered items but i sell them. In this way u won't have TONS of gold in your game, this is my gaming experience with those values. Moreover the druid in Nashkel, from BG1 Herbs Mods, helps u also eventually 'cause u need to spend 9600 gold for example to create a nice potion. I sold everything i've found so far and still have to buy everything of forge everything (with Talantyr for example). Maybe a bit more challenging would be raise the selling value to 200%, just a thought for the next game.

Cheers!

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#42 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

Another bug on a scroll spell. I did notice that "Vampiric Touch" spell casted from a scroll doesn't work as it should. It inflicts damage but doesn't add any Hit Points to the caster.

I have to dig a bit into this problem but my first guess is that the target of the effect of the spell-scroll is wrong and should be set to point to the caster,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn