Photo

Bhaalspawn 'Template'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hey all. A long time ago now I read somewhere that there was a Bhaalspawn template featured in one of the dragon magazines. Does anyone know if this was true/where I could find said template?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:24 AM

I know the rumor, can't help any further though. Sorry

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#3 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

The template was for 3ED, and it was published in Dragon Magazine #288.

Here it is:
Infused with Evil Template: Bhaalspawn (a dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, monstrous humanoid, outsider, shapechanger that with a spark of the Murder?s evil)

Description: Looks like the normal base creature.

Stats: Becomes an Outsider.
Natural Armor +1
CR +2

Other effects:
Receives Advantages & Penalties equal to ½HD+1 (min 2, max 11)

Advantages:
- Bull?s Strength, 3/day
- Darkness, 3/day
- Death Knell, 3/day
- Endurance, 3/day
- Cure Moderate Wounds, 3/day
- Scare, 3/day
- Cold Resistance 5
- Fire Resistance 5
- Damage Reduction 5/silver
- Immune to poison
- Heals 3hp per hour as long as he/she has at least 1hp.
- Holy Smite (if good) or Unholy Blight (if evil), 1/day.
- No longer takes penalties from aging & receives a +10 bonus on saves vs. death effects.
- Can turn his/her own blood into Deathblade poison, 1/day.
- Able to take the form of ?The Slayer? as a Standard Action. Gains +6 Natural armor, +8 Enhancement bonus to Strength, and a 1d10 claw attack, but takes 1 Constitution damage each round.

Penalties:
- Reckless: When below 50%, receive a ?1 morale penalty to attacks & AC, until healed to over 50% hp.
- Blood Thirsty: Must make a Will save vs. DC 20 to do subdual damage or not attack the maximum number of opponents.
- At 0hp or less, goes into a coma until brought to 50% hp.
- Lose 2 points of Wisdom (non-recoverable).
- Lose 2 points of Charisma (non-recoverable).
- Demon?s Blood: Blood is dark ichor. If the Bhaalspawn is bleeding, it can be smelled by Evil Outsiders.
- Undead within 60? are always aware of the Bhaalspawn?s location.
- Infernal Temper: Becomes more hostile. If taunted, humiliated, or misses a skill roll by more than 5, the Bhaalspawn must make a Will save vs. DC (10 + amount skill roll was missed by) or receive a ?1 Morale on all skill checks until one succeeds by more than 5.
- Must murder someone who is not hostile to the Bhaalspawn every 13 days or lose 1 Wisdom per day until the murder is completed (at which point all Wisdom returns).
- Nightmares: Each time the Bhaalspawn rests, he/she must make a Will save vs. DC 10 + 1 per day the nightmares were resisted. On a failure, roll a d4 to determine the effect until the next rest: 1) ?2 Morale penalty on attacks, 2) ?1 Morale penalty on saves, 3) no natural healing during the rest, 4) no effect.
- Everyone who meets the Bhaalspawn initially distrusts him.
- The Bhaalspawn is treated as Evil by all spells & effects (including Holy weapons). If actually evil, the Bhaalspawn takes damage from Holy Water.

You can get the full templates file here.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#4 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for that Daulmakan. Heard it was abit crap and kind of agree with that view, but I reckon it has some good merits. Going to use it as a base to make my own template.