Photo

The best NWN2 (and MotB) NPC poll!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: The best NWN2 NPC (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite NPC in NWN2?

1. Ammon Jerro (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

2. Bishop (8 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

3. Casavir (3 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

4. Construct (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Elanee (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

6. Grobnar Gnomehands (3 votes [6.12%])

7. Khelgar Ironfist (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

8. Neeshka (6 votes [12.24%])

9. Qara (3 votes [6.12%])

10. Sand (14 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

11. Shandra Jerro (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Zhjaeve (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

Who is your favorite NPC in MotB?

1. Araman (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Gannayev-of-Dreams (18 votes [36.73%])

Percentage of vote: 36.73%

3. Kaelyn the Dove (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Okku (6 votes [12.24%])

5. One of Many (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

6. Safiya (14 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

My favorite NPC is probably Casavir, oddly enough. But my infatuation with paladins is probably well known.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#22 Jarley

Jarley
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

NWN2 - Sand, no competition there. The next one's Ammon Jerro because I liked his story the most.

MotB - hard to decide between Okku and Gann since I really liked them both quite much. Went for Okku since I found him more useful and somehow, more fulfilling as a character.
Dreams are like vertebrae - a broken one can cause paralysis

#23 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

OC - Bishop!!
MotB - Okku

#24 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

Bishop (totally unexpected!) and Safiya.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#25 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

Sand and Safiya! :D

#26 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

i like neeshka, sand and safiya...

neeshka for her happy go lucky attitude, sand for his dry wit and safiya, well, for being safiya.

#27 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

Sand and Gann are leading, and they say guys are more often gamers... :P
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#28 Grayana

Grayana

Lawful Good

• 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

I see I'm one of the select few who like Casavir. I expected him to be a flat and boring character, but something made me love him. Maybe the voice acting? I love that deep, manly voice! :wub: :lol2: And his personality, I just find his seriousness endearing.

Actually the voice might be an important factor, as I would easily pick Ammon Jerro as my favourite, if I didn't hate his voice. It's so raspy it's somehow painful to listen to. Ammon's story is the most interesting one, though. But sorry pal, a grumpy paladin took your place...

In MotB, I loved Okku, the big fluffy bear-god. Something in his style reminds me of another video game, Okami, in which there's a cute spirit wolf...

#29 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

I voted for Grobnar as my favorite hes just exactly what a gnome is all about!

And Gann is my fav for the expansion hes very interesting and done by a great voice actor

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#30 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Sand and Okku. My very close seconds are Ammon and Gann.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#31 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

I see I'm one of the select few who like Casavir.... In MotB, I loved Okku, the big fluffy bear-god.

I picked the same two.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#32 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

OC: Neeshka, because I thought nobody was going to vote for her ;-p but Ammon Jerro is the closest. Probably because he's got an interesting story and is not a cliché mad evil wizard

MotB: Safiya, because she's an interesting character and -imo- the most important one of the whole expansion. OOM is weird and has the coolest character design of the whole NWN series, but I didn't have him (them) in the party so I don't know him well enough to have a real opinion of him. Kaelyn is interesting, she me a lot of Trias (PS:T) but she's as nice as a slap in the face. Gann is cool too, but it feels like he's feels like he's less linked to the main plot than the others.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#33 Elamshin

Elamshin
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

NWN2 - I have a problem here... Love Khelgar, Bishop and Sand (I don't like elves, but he's so sarcastic and his smell dialogues...). But my vote goes on Bishop ^^ Love his romance and he's chaotic evil ^^

MotB: Gann - I like him the most ;)
Posted Image

Silence, I'll kill you! :)

#34 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:34 AM

Grobnar - couldn't take him seriously because every time he opened his mouth my mental picture was of Kang in Jade Empire. I left him to stew in the castle basement.

I voted Neeshka and Safiya. Dunno why, but there we go...

-Y-

#35 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

OC - I well under4stand why people like Sand, and I'd be among them myself, were it not for him being a male elf with a high-pitched voice. Of the others - Ammon, Bishop and Qara - I think Bishop wins with a very thin advabntage.

MotB - Kaelyn hands down beats the whole bunch altogether from both OC and XP. For once there's a truly good-aligned character. It may have to do with her worshipping Ilmater, whom I never had anything against him, it's those smite-yer-evil-face paladinsgolems that I have a quarrel with. Well, whatever. What's good is that Kaelyn does show her wisdom in dialogs (not always, though). I've stopped playing good PCs quite a time ago, so by the end of OC I was CE, still I found there's a lot of room for understanding and helping each other. I wish there was a better ending for her, a pity that Obsidian didn't in time discuss with WotC the destruction of the wall as a possible ending. As Zeits has said himself, that's one of their biggest regrets regarding MotB.
And to think she was nearly cut from the game, were it not for Avellone...
And even better, if you don't like her then you still can bluff her throughout the story till almost the very end. I wonder if there's another so well developed character.

Oh, yeah, the second place. Gann, without the slightest doubt. It's like looking into the mirror, so much he's me.

And Safiya - I fail to see what's so good about her, she doesn't even feel like a female. Unlike Kaelyn.

PS grammar

Edited by GeN1e, 13 September 2009 - 01:23 PM.

Retired from modding.

#36 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

I'm very much late to this party, but I've finally played through twice with a male and a female protagonist. Most of the characters in the OC don't have enough to say for themselves, but on the other hand, there was no one I detested in the way that I detest some of the BGII characters. Elanee was bland as a male romance - she doesn't look like the sort of girl you can have a laugh with, which makes her unattractive to me. Neeshka would have been the more fun option, though her constant need to steal things didn't sit well with either of my lawful characters.

Being an Anomen hater, I expected not to like Casavir but ended up liking him rather a lot - despite his crazy eyebrows and refusal to talk about anything other than Old Owl Well. I do prefer deep-voiced guys and was getting rather fed-up with Bioware's casting tenors as the female romance interest, so that was a nice change. But again, he was a bit on the serious side.
Bishop, well, I guess is less serious but always came across as a bit of a jackass and that sort of stuff doesn't sit well with me. Being good, in both my games, I didn't use him much, to be honest.

Of the others, I like Ammon, curmudgeonly old sod that he is, and Sand (even though he stitched my up in the first game due to me having more influence with Qara). Qara is a stroppy little madam but she is very handy in a fight. Khelgar was a good guy to have around, though infinitely better if you can talk him out of being a monk. Shandra was the only character I didn't really care for, but I didn't hate her.

In MotB, I liked Safiya. She has a nice earthy voice and is a good girl to have at your back. Her romance was quite fun. Gann's romance was alright but he is a bit of a vain, preening thing. I couldn't see my KC getting over Casavir that quickly, but I went with it anyway and it turned out alright. He's quite funny to have around for either gender, though. Okku and Kaelyn were both nice in their own way (have not tried OoM due to being a goody two shoes). I was hard pressed to choose one to leave behind.

#37 -Silvernight-

-Silvernight-

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

From the OC - Sand, but also Khelgar and Neeshka, my three favorite NPCs and regular companions. I was so happy I even teared up a bit when at the end of MotB I found out that the latter two survived for sure and that Sand probably did as well (judging from Ammon Jerro's words). I could not even dream that all three would have made it.

From MotB - Gann, no contest. There was nothing that I didn't love about him, voice (music to listen to), looks (I'm into long-haired guys lol) and personality. I also liked both Kaelyn and Okku a lot. Safiya I have nothing against but I wasn't invested in her much, so after I got the other three she was permanently parked in the Veil.