Ask Ninde

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

You speak so confidently of something you know nothing of; due to a few select incidents and individuals... most of the characteristics that marked me as an elf have since been taken away from me. The reverie? I remember what that felt like, though only vaguely.

Xarana: Then you are an abomination, and like all such abominations, must be purged.
Tempest: Ahem. No killing.

Arkalian: "Purge, purge...isn't she about due for a binge state? At any rate, I'm wondering how exactly that was accomplished, since I... would expect that would require severing... you don't want to talk about this, do you?"

There is no profound reason behind my selection of necromancy as my chosen school. As I say, it's processes, it's delicate measures, the slender ribbons connecting soul to body, grass to corpse... I was fascinated by it. I still am. And as I say, the toothsome mage to whom I was apprenticed made *all* the difference. (Smile)

Darian: Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Would I be mistaken to assume this was a sexual relationship, as opposed to one of the emotional variety?

Arkalian: "Seems a safe assumption. In which case, I'm curious about your reasoning, Ninde; one with your background would seem to have recourse other than selling her body. But I'd rather talk about your studies. Have they had any particular focus? I'm curious about what you know with regard to those slender ribbons."

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#22 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

edit: never mind, was cranky and read too quickly.

Ninde, my dear, could you enlighten us on how you would treat a bitchy Drow gal, a waify wingless elf, or a stern druid lady who had their eyes on the same man as you?

Edited by Miss Sakaki, 13 May 2008 - 01:21 AM.

#23 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

= ~Now, then, lassie. No, no Cyric-blighted Black Tower in my background. Though I do have some good remedies what's good for scars. Got one m'self, you know. Come, now... how'd ye get mixed up wi' a bad bunch like those? Here, let me fill your glass. Good Calimshan wine, this stuff.~

One can become embroiled in all sorts of naughtiness when one is simply looking for a pleasant evening in an Inn in Skullport. I hope you're the sort of man who likes women with a history, honeybunch, because I've history coming out of my pointy little ears.

Xarana: Then you are an abomination, and like all such abominations, must be purged.

Careful not to be to open-minded, darling; your brains might fall out, and we'd have a bit of a job finding them again, given the size.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Would I be mistaken to assume this was a sexual relationship, as opposed to one of the emotional variety?

And can't a relationship be both? Sykre D'Alysos made me. Sykre D'Alysos made me believe in love at first sight.

I'm curious about your reasoning, Ninde; one with your background would seem to have recourse other than selling her body.

What an antiquated way you have of looking at things; I have never sold my body, but have it on good authority that prostitution is one of the oldest and most respected professions in the realms. If a woman, or, for that matter, a man chooses to enter into it, why should she or he be condemned for doing so?

But I'd rather talk about your studies. Have they had any particular focus? I'm curious about what you know with regard to those slender ribbons.

Very little, given the scope of the subject. It's something It's something I don't often discuss. The greatest revelation that came with my study of magic was that of Shadow Magic. Lovely stuff, tinkers with the workings a little.

Ninde, my dear, could you enlighten us on how you would treat a bitchy Drow gal, a waify wingless elf, or a stern druid lady who had their eyes on the same man as you?

My dear, I'm far too old to be drawn into eye-scratching matches over some brutish thick-necked swain. I'd leave the job of attracting him to my voluptuous... charisma. If that didn't make his choice perfectly clear, he's either blind, or a maniac. And I am rather shot of forming emotional attachments to maniacs.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#24 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

= ~Now, then, lassie. No, no Cyric-blighted Black Tower in my background. Though I do have some good remedies what's good for scars. Got one m'self, you know. Come, now... how'd ye get mixed up wi' a bad bunch like those? Here, let me fill your glass. Good Calimshan wine, this stuff.~

One can become embroiled in all sorts of naughtiness when one is simply looking for a pleasant evening in an Inn in Skullport. I hope you're the sort of man who likes women with a history, honeybunch, because I've history coming out of my pointy little ears.

Arkalian: "(muttering) Indeed, by the sound of it the territory is not only well-charted but several bustling port cities have been erec - err, *built* there."

Forgive me if I'm skeptical. Would I be mistaken to assume this was a sexual relationship, as opposed to one of the emotional variety?

And can't a relationship be both? Sykre D'Alysos made me. Sykre D'Alysos made me believe in love at first sight.

Arkalian: "Given the malleability of human surname rules and your own unapologetic disdain for societal standards of propriety, please tell me that doesn't imply..."

I'm curious about your reasoning, Ninde; one with your background would seem to have recourse other than selling her body.

What an antiquated way you have of looking at things; I have never sold my body, but have it on good authority that prostitution is one of the oldest and most respected professions in the realms. If a woman, or, for that matter, a man chooses to enter into it, why should she or he be condemned for doing so?

Arkalian: "I neither envy nor begrudge those with nothing but their bodies to trade for their next meal. I can conceive of no motive short of sheer desperation, however, that would make such a choice appealing. You seem to have some insight into this, Ninde; care to enlighten me?"

But I'd rather talk about your studies. Have they had any particular focus? I'm curious about what you know with regard to those slender ribbons.

Very little, given the scope of the subject. It's something It's something I don't often discuss. The greatest revelation that came with my study of magic was that of Shadow Magic. Lovely stuff, tinkers with the workings a little.

Arkalian: "Shadow...Magic. Lovely. Never studied it. As for the other aspects of your research - there are other aspects, right? - perhaps we should discuss them in depth later..."

Edited by Azkyroth, 13 May 2008 - 12:40 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#25 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Halbo: You know, some people, like me, never have the benefit of having riches just dropped in our pockets. Well, not by other hands, I mean. Of course, I make do, but a little extra never hurts now, does it? Scouring the streets for the spare coin or two can be tedious work. Sometimes I look for something a bit... shall we say... easier. I hear furs are selling at high prices these days. Same goes for other sorts of valuables... things that are not much use in an adventuring party. And certainly not as much use as a handful of gold. What do you think?
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#26 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

What had to have been the most embarassing thing that ever happened to you? :D

And you sound like a rather intriguing lady my dear. Do you think you could put in a good word for me with Madame Nin? Or join me for a drink later? :whistling:

#27 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

Arkalian: "I neither envy nor begrudge those with nothing but their bodies to trade for their next meal. I can conceive of no motive short of sheer desperation, however, that would make such a choice appealing. You seem to have some insight into this, Ninde; care to enlighten me?"

Ninde: A body is a body, a bed is a bed, if one enjoys bodies and bedding then why not make it a profession? 'Tis as simple as that, in my mind.

"Given the malleability of human surname rules and your own unapologetic disdain for societal standards of propriety, please tell me that doesn't imply..."

Ninde: My! What a grubby little mind boils away beneath the pretty exterior. I'm debauched, darling - but I'm not that debauched. He made me in a thoroughly metaphorical sense, so you can stop looking at me like that.

Halbo: You know, some people, like me, never have the benefit of having riches just dropped in our pockets. Well, not by other hands, I mean. Of course, I make do, but a little extra never hurts now, does it? Scouring the streets for the spare coin or two can be tedious work. Sometimes I look for something a bit... shall we say... easier. I hear furs are selling at high prices these days. Same goes for other sorts of valuables... things that are not much use in an adventuring party. And certainly not as much use as a handful of gold. What do you think?

Ninde: I think if you come near my Mipsy, I'll smash your kneecaps. (As she speaks, Ninde caresses the luxuriant stole resting about her shoulders.)

On the other hand... a button of a halfling like you... I may be reasoned with...

What had to have been the most embarassing thing that ever happened to you?

Ninde: Darling, I am a paragon of grace, and as such, embarrassing things seldom happen to me. There was one incident, though. I was seventeen or thereabouts... it involves thumbscrews, a young squire... and, er, the young squire's father.

And you sound like a rather intriguing lady my dear. Do you think you could put in a good word for me with Madame Nin? Or join me for a drink later?

A handsome young man like you? Surely you've no need of the drabs. Athkatlan girls must be quite queuing at your doorstep.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#28 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Arkalian: "It seems my search for an insinuation that will thoroughly disconcerts you progresses to round two. How deep does one have to scratch in order to get past the rehearsed poise, anyway?" (Not that I'm hinting anything, and I assume the character was written with this effect in mind. O.o)

#29 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:29 AM

Dearest Ninde, As a Celebrated mage sureley you have one Monster in particular that gets your blood crawling. What is it?

#30 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

It seems my search for an insinuation that will thoroughly disconcerts you progresses to round two. How deep does one have to scratch in order to get past the rehearsed poise, anyway?

(Ninde laughs prettily.) My dear, Korgan asked me very much the same thing just yesterday. I'm a rich girl from Waterdeep - my facades are impregnable, my elocution cut glass, and I'm far too adept to have to rehearse either.

Dearest Ninde, As a Celebrated mage sureley you have one Monster in particular that gets your blood crawling. What is it?

Do Paladins count, cupcake?

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#31 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

I'm a rich girl from Waterdeep - my facades are impregnable

Arkalian: "If that's the case, I might suggest that your magical study has been surprisingly unthorough. Especially with your claims about your predilections, failing to remedy that seems like a serious omission."

Do Paladins count, cupcake?

Arkalian: "It's been known to happen. Sometimes even to four or five."

(Author's note: all of these lines should be mentally read in a calm, deadpan voice with a very slight hint of a mocking undertone).

Edited by Azkyroth, 18 November 2008 - 12:56 AM.

#32 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Srilorin: With mystique and charm like yourselves, you must have countless besotted men falling at your feet. You?re father is proud, I?m sure.

Srilorin: However onto my initial questions: You?ve mentioned brusquely a few times that the concept of necromancy had appealed to you at a young age. Tell me: what is your opinion on the elven outlook upon necromancy and its desecration of the elven persona as well as nature?

Srilorin: And lastly, you chose to attend an Academy in Waterdeep to practice and hone your arcane talents, yes? Why travel to a place that is more dominated by humans and other races then to study among your own kin?

#33 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

(Ninde laughs prettily.) My dear, Korgan asked me very much the same thing just yesterday. I'm a rich girl from Waterdeep - my facades are impregnable, my elocution cut glass, and I'm far too adept to have to rehearse either.

Raonar(PC): Then you will not mind if I someday decide to put your facade to the test. You say it is impregnable, I say you just haven't met anyone who thought of seriously tearing it down and who had the wit to match. And if I can't break it, I'll just bring it down in one piece,either way I'll still get it out of my way eventually.
||
Ronar: I assume I don't need to remind you that I am considered by some to be very persistent.
||
Jaheira: I trust that was not meant to arouse aggravation to present company in any way young man, though it is true that your stubbornness came close to wearing out my patience on multiple occasions.
||
Raonar: See what I mean?
||
Jaheira: Ahem!

Raonar: Is there anything of this world, anything at all that if lost were to cause you any degree of suffering?

Raonar: When you raise an undead, do you use fail-safes?

Raonar: Waterdeep is a ways off from Athkatla and thing must have happened on your long voyage here. Do you have any interesting "tales" you'd like to share with us?

Raonar: You know I'm not going to stop until I've brought down that impregnable facade of yours and It's obvious that you've been feeling irritated by my constant prying for a while now. Considering this, how come you haven't left the group?

//Sebatian