Photo

Computer Use OR Repair (KotOR I)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

Which of those two skills is more useful? I am playing a Scout>Guardian and want to max one out for 8 levels.

I know that's a relatively low level, so I'd like to know which will actually help me a bit more.

TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

NVM.

Edited by Daulmakan, 03 June 2008 - 03:32 PM.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

Probably Computer Use. There are very few times when you have to use Repair, although you'll need it if you want to complete the repairs of HK-47 (at +17?). Computer Use is more useful, since there's some situations where you'll want ranks in it and won't be able to use other characters.

There are various items such as Belts, Gloves, Headbands (and Implants, unless those are only Kotor2) that can improve these skills.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#4 Anaximander

Anaximander
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

If I remember correctly, repair 13 is the minimum required to complete the repairs on HK-47. What I mean is, with 13 points in repair you can get the rest you'll need from equipment. It's been quite a while since I played KOTOR, so I may have the number wrong but I know it was very high. 11, 13, something like that....

Computer use is, in my opinion, the single most useful skill in the game.
You have defeated The Purpose!!!
Experience gained: 50000
Gold gained: 1000
You gain a level!!!

#5 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

I've decided to go with repair, because I realize I can not get my skill high enough to repair HK47anyway.

My character has an 8 INT, and I have a question: Is it better for me to bump Computers to 9 or 10? I read that you use 1 less spike every 4 points of Computer Use, including INT modifier. Is the INT modifier calculated every 4 points of Computers, or just once?

TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#6 Anaximander

Anaximander
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Is the INT modifier calculated every 4 points of Computers, or just once?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but your int modifier is applied directly to your Computer skill. If you have a -1 int modifier, then your Computer skill is reduced by 1 point. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Edited by Anaximander, 05 June 2008 - 05:30 PM.

You have defeated The Purpose!!!
Experience gained: 50000
Gold gained: 1000
You gain a level!!!

#7 -Guestzaalbar is awesome!!-

-Guestzaalbar is awesome!!-

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

dont worry about it. you get zaalbar very early on, and he can be great at these skills and demolitions too.

zaalbar is awesome!!!