Photo

Translating PS:T Fixpack, UB & QTweaks

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Well, UB spanish readme finished. By the way, in the Tome o' Cheats description, there is an extra ~, what I supose is an typo.

Spanish Readme UB PST

Only left the Tweak Pack readme.

#142 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Ghildrean, almost done with prepping the Tweak Pack readme. Awesome job on the UB, btw.

You did miss the last paragraph in the FAQ... if you want to just translate it and post it right here, I'll replace it into both the UB and Tweak Pack readmes (since it's redundant to both).

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 10 August 2008 - 02:40 PM.

#143 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Okay, here ya go. This one should be pretty easy... the introduction is almost non-existent, and 10 of the 15 tweaks have two or less sentences for the description. The other 5 tweak descriptions are a bit detailed, but they sort of need to be. Then there's that last paragraph you missed in the UB translation, and two changed paragraphs in the credits. Wherever I changed the readme for the translation (shortening it, I mean), I also changed it for the english version, so after translation all language versions of this readme should be consistent with one another.

Thanks again, Ghildrean, and great job so far!

Qwinn

Attached Files

#144 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Sorry, yes, I missed that paragraph. Here is the translation:

<p>Si crees que lo has hecho, por favor informa de los problemas en el <a href="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showforum=553">Foro del Mod PS:T Unfinished Business</a> de Spellhold Studios, y haré todo lo posible para resolver los problemas en poco tiempo. Podría ser de ayuda si, al describir tu problema, pegas el archivo SETUP-PST-UB.DEBUG que encontrarás en tu carpeta de Torment.</p>

#145 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

Cool, thank ya. Here's the same mostly redundant paragraph as it should be inserted into the Tweak Pack:

<p>Si crees que lo has hecho, por favor informa de los problemas en el <a href="http://www.shsforums...forum=554">Foro del Mod Qwinn's Tweak Pack</a> de Spellhold Studios, y haré todo lo posible para resolver los problemas en poco tiempo. Podría ser de ayuda si, al describir tu problema, pegas el archivo SETUP-PST-TWEAK.DEBUG que encontrarás en tu carpeta de Torment.</p>

Qwinn

#146 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

At last, all the readmes have been translated.

PST Tweak Pack Spanish Readme

There are any readme left? (just kidding)

#147 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

Huzzah!

...one translation down, 2 to go, hehe.

Qwinn

#148 Yakkuz

Yakkuz
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Sorry for the late Qwinn, i'm having some troubles in r/l preventing me from working on the readme (or anything else -.-).

However, the Fixpack Readme it's done, i just look at it twice, so i think that there are not supposed to be lots of errors...(i hope).

Please upload the other two files as fast as you can ( Don't care about the redundancies between the last two..nevermind ), 'cause i'm not having internet access in the next days/hours, so, if you give me all of them fast, i could work on them while travelling, and upload them when i'll find a wifi-spot or an internet point.

Regards, Yakkuz ;)

Attached Files

Edited by Yakkuz, 11 August 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#149 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Yakkuz,

Alright, thanks lots!

Here's the two files, totally untranslated. Shame I can't take care of the redundancies for you.

Qwinn

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 12 August 2008 - 12:01 AM.

#150 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

I resubmitted the UB readme real quick, as somehow the credits for the translations themselves wasn't in there, ack.

Qwinn

#151 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

For those who haven't noticed, I've got a sticked post now containing all the files necessary to do a full translation, along with status updates for any given translation:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=35876

Let's keep casual conversation and low-level status updates to this thread, so we can keep that one relatively clean and easy for new translators to deal with.

Qwinn

#152 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Okay, wrapping up the installation procedure. I need the following three lines translated for each language, please, with the translator and language obviously needing to be replaced for each:

~Readme Viewer~

~Would you like to view the Readme (Translated into Italian by Yakkuz)? [Y]es, [N]o~

~Italian translation for the Readme is not yet available. Would you like to view the English Readme? [Y]es, [N]o~

I can't change the letter options for each language, so for example, in Spanish, it'll have to be [Y]Si, [N]No.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 August 2008 - 10:56 AM.

#153 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Also note, as additional readmes get finished up, I'll release version 2.01, 2.02, etc. as needed to add them in. I'm not going to push off release for just the readmes, when all of the in-game translations are good to go (or damn close to it).

Qwinn

#154 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

~ReadMe-Betrachter~
=> Although you probably won't say that in German, more something like "Show the ReadMe" / "Die ReadMe anzeigen" - but I don't know the context of the Readme Viewer.

~Möchtest du die ReadMe lesen (übersetzt ins Deutsche von [Placeholder])? [Y]Ja, [N]nein~

~Eine deutsche Übersetzung der ReadMe ist noch nicht verfügbar. Möchtest du stattdessen die englische ReadMe lesen? [Y]Ja, [N]nein~

#155 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

The context of "Readme Viewer" is that the bit where I allow the user to pick the readme has to be packaged as a separate component as far as the WeiDU installer is concerned. I can't come up with a way to prevent, at the very minimum, "Installing []" from popping up, so in order to make it less confusing I decided to put the words "Readme Viewer" in there. So for example, with what you've given me, the line:

Installing [ReadMe-Betrachter]

will appear just before it says:

Eine deutsche Übersetzung der ReadMe ist noch nicht verfügbar. Möchtest du stattdessen die englische ReadMe lesen? [Y]Ja, [N]nein

Thanks for the help, Homisite :)

Qwinn

#156 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

Homisite, I just discovered that the installation procedure, which comes in a DOS box, doesn't seem to handle the special characters properly, such as Ü and ö. Is this something that anyone playing in german would've corrected on their computer somehow so that the DOS box writes those characters correctly, or should I just replace those with U and o?

Also, is the term "Readme" universally understood for what it is by Germans? The spanish translation, for example, is Leeme. Is there a german variant? If translating the word "Documentation" would be more widely understood, that would be fine.

Ghildrean, I'll probably have the same issue with the first e in Leeme... is it totally unacceptable to just use a normal e? If so, any other term we can use?

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 August 2008 - 11:42 AM.

#157 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Spanish version (I'll write those lines without spanish special characters, due DOS don't show them, except "¿" interrogation mark):

~Visor de leeme~

~Te gustaria ver el leeme (traducido al espaniol por Ghildrean)? [Y]Si, [N]No~

~La traduccion espaniola del leeme no esta aun disponible. Te gustaria ver el leeme ingles? [Y]Si, [N]No~

"Léeme" could be changed with "leeme" without problems.

EDIT: Missed an "italian" text. But if the third line is really about the italian readme, then is "traduccion italiana".

Edited by Ghildrean, 13 August 2008 - 01:02 PM.

#158 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Hello guys,

in the german os dosbox the letters Ö und ü should be displayed. An alternative for this problem. You can use: ü=ue ö=oe ä=ae. This should working fine for global pcs ;-).

Bye,
Thandoriel

#159 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

As Thandoriel said, on german operating systems, there shouldn't be problems with german umlauts (or maybe on a spanish Windows no problems with resp. characters). Just using normal characters is the "lame" way, so it's ue, oe, ae like Thandoriel stated. You could send me a simple test installation file to see, if it works, otherwise we have ti replace the characters.

"ReadMe" is quite known in German, but you can use "LiesMich" instead.

#160 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:10 PM

Thanks tons, Guildrean. Unfortunately, the ¿ isn't showing up correctly for me either. Better to put a normal ? there, or drop it altogether?

As for german, I think I'll go with the ue, oe, ae thing, and use LiesMich instead of Readme. (Note: You don't have to worry about it, it's already done) Thanks guys :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 August 2008 - 12:25 PM.