107 replies to this topic

#21 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Aneele and the Hunger playing cards? :blink:

That can't be a good sign, not that the Hunger makes it chirpy or anything. :devil:

Ahem, anyways, interesting cliffhanger you've written there Orthodoxia, makes me curious to see how well she'll restrain the urge to go wild like the previous time she was around Mulsantir - but knowing her, as long as no one steals her stuff there's a slim chance. Very slim. :whistling:

Ok now I've run out of things to say, great chapter Orthodoxia! ^_^ Look foward to seeing what else you'll put poor Aneele through... :) Hm, that wasn't a voucher for evil now was it? :blink:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#22 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:30 AM

I think that everyone in the story underestimate her control over the hunger. She's more like a golem now and doesn't respond emotionally as she is too focused on keeping the Hunger inside and under lock. Others are so overprotective and she can't for the life of her understand why.

Anyway, next few chapters will have to wait until I get them back from my editor.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#23 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Now I know what they mean by "glaring is more impacting than the floor". <_<

Pretty nifty chapter, Orthodoxia. :) It showed each character's view on things rather well, although why Ele-- err, I mean, Aneele, keeps wanting to pet the resident Bear God is really perplexing. She must have some kind of obsession or something, to love fur that much. :shifty:

And despite the truth of the situation with Gann's provocation earned glare, it kind of reminded me again of that little incident involving Neeshka's tail and Khelgar's... err, nuff said. Bascially memories which we all have you to thank for. ^_^ :hug:

Look foward to seeing how "Mr Dream-wanderer" handles that domestic dispute. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#24 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:12 AM

I've read it all, even though I hadn't played NWN2, so I don't know much about its plot. Your drawings of Aneele made me want to know what happened to her. She strikes me as a very deep character so I'm waiting for more and hope you'll finish it :)
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#25 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

Solar - "Mr Dream-wanderer" wouldn't know how to handle a domestic dispute with a guidebook in his hand.

:lol: Yes, Neeshka's tail getting squashed by Khelgar was one of happier moments. Not many like that these days.

As for Okku cuddling, as a warlock Ele'ena's biggest regret was that she couldn't have a familiar. Not to mention that after Daeghun's cold shoulder for years Okku's fatherly protectiveness is refreshing and appealing.

Abigail - I draw better than I write unfortunately. Still I hope you'll enjoy the story.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#26 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

Nonsense, Orthodoxia... your drawings are beautiful, but your writing and the stories you tell are captivating too. :D And I just wanted to pop in and say how much I really enjoyed the last chapter! Aneele's reaction to Gann was very nicely done, but I especially liked the look we got into Aneele's head in this chapter... she's so involving and deep that it's easy to get lost in the story. So there. :P

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#27 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

Just finished reading. I love it. I was hoping that it was finished on the other site, but at least I got a preview of what's to come. I can't wait to read more.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#28 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

Shadowhawke - Thank you. I try to make Aneele as random as possible but she still reacts violently to certain things, she doesn't like being called brat.

SaintZenn - Slowly we'll get to that end. I can't promise it to be happy though ;)
Posted Image

#29 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

I can't promise it to be happy though ;)

How about Bittersweet? :P

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#30 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

I can promise it'll be downright sad and disappointing -_-
Posted Image

#31 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

Happy endings are over rated. Your writing is wonderful, I can't wait for more.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#32 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

I will certainly do my best. Now I must go and replay the whole Sunken City if I want to write anything worthwhile :cheers:
Posted Image

#33 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

Yup, the theory is confirmed: Aneele hates being told what to do. :devil:

Ok, yes I am slow not to have figured that out already, so sorry Orthodoxia.

Ahem, anywho, now that I'm done filling space: Love this new chapter even more than the previous ones surprisingly. The Hunger almost going loose, the scene between Sheva and Aneele, and even Gann's somewhat undeserved scrutiny. Genius. :cheers:

~***~***~***~

#34 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

Yes, Aneele hates being told what to do. Except now she can eat your soul to make the point instead of just sneaking away. She hates being called brat too, so don't call her that. And that should have been obvious from the first chapter of "Silver Shards", no cookie for you ;)

I wish I could have written this chapter with more suspense but I'm no horror writer, so meh. Now we shall continue driving the poor girl further into madness :devil:
Posted Image

#35 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Ah, now I remember why I like Aneele so much. Because she likes Squid, just as I do. ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#36 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know how it tastes like :crying:
Posted Image

#37 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

Unfortunately, I don't know how it tastes like :crying:

Oh, it tastes great. We have a greek deli in our supermarket, and he has the most awesome Squid in oil with some herbs. Mmmmh...I'll have to get some of that again once we go shopping.

Maybe look around and see if you've got some kind of greek deli in your area too? Sometimes they let you try something you've never eaten before, so you might not even have to buy anything just to try it.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#38 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hey Orthodoxia! GREAT to see you back with a new chapter. :D And even though you said that you don't do sentimental, I thought Gann's scene was very, very nicely done. I also liked the way Aneele reacted, and the details of all the other characters woven in with the Hag's song. Awesome read, and I can't wait to see more. ^_^

#39 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Thanks :) It was a good part of the game to play but not a good one to try and turn into a story, for me anyway. I hope to be able to finish the whole story soon.
Posted Image

#40 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

Wow. Dark and awesome, and very powerful. I love how you drew the dreams all together and gave us a flash back to how Ele'ena became as she did. Even for someone who hasn't played NWNII, I really got the sense of your character imprinting her story deeply into the game, and it was very touching. And on an ending like *that*... wow. I really can't wait for your nex one. :D