Photo

Possible item ideas for Tashia (for a Romance)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:59 PM

Now that I have some more free time I hope to finish with Tashia dialogues (as well trying to get other class specific interactions, like I did for a possible thief one)...heh...and that's assuming most of my profferings are good enough...

I was hoping to maybe come up with some kind of idea for a personal item that the MainChar could give to Tashia that is special between just the both of them...

(And this is assuming that Maus could implement it as well)...

I was thinking that maybe one could use the Winter Wolf Pelt (Misc01) as the basis for a fur coat, if you will...

After all, some women do like fur coats...(watch some animal rights activists come down on me... ;-) )....

And it may give some 50% protection to cold damage...

Of course, it might also be possible by spending more money or collecting items to enchant it as well...

For example, maybe by incorporating a diamond (symbol of durability and strength), that might garner a +1 to Armor Class.

Perchance incorporating a Star Sapphire could garner a 10% general magic resistance...

Anyways, just a thought.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:19 AM

Nice idea. The items won't be a problem. I have contact to someone who is able to make every (possible) item. The upgrading-process must be more specified. I would suggest to implement a goldsmith who can do this.

#3 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 12:41 PM

Okay, thanks for the confirmation then.

I will craft something appropriate dialogue for this then, and then some possible items and what is required.

And yes, I agree that a goldsmith would definitely do well to upgrade.

My intention was that maybe when Tashia enters the Promenade, she will ask to spend some personal time with the character...possibly along the lines that they never do anything together...

And from there, they come upon the fur cloak (the only other pelt I know of for the winter wolf pelt is the one found in dueling pits of the Copper Coronet...and well, skinning a beast then and there just isn't that romantic of an idea for an encounter).

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:34 PM

Okay, I realize that descriptions for the cloak will be needed as well, but this is just a tentative branch of the cloak to come. (Ugh...a few to many projects, but getting there).

Note: I think the weight should be 3 all the way through...

Basic format:
Winter Wolf Pelt (and for a color of the cloak maybe a blue and white on the paper doll?)
This is to be the basic part of the cloak (extracting the picture of Misc01) perhaps.

The description of the white wolf pelt is this:
The pure white pelt of the winter wolf is soft and luxurious. It is often sewn into garments as diverse as the rugged vests of the Uthgardt Barbarians and the delicate and fashionable winter stoles worn by noble women throughout the Sword Coast region.

Benefits:
50% resistance to Cold (and Magic Cold) Heh...it is the pelt of a winter wolf, after all :)

Possible 'enhancements': Note, that I was thinking that one could use the gems found in the game, and spending of gold with a goldsmith (maybe Cromwell?) to get these enhancements, making them a bit more useful than just something to sell.

Enhancement:
+1 to Armor Class (of the cloak)
Requirement: Diamond, 5000 Gold Pieces
Diamonds are symbolic of durability, and strength.
After a first +1 to Armor Class, one might go for another +1 enhancement for the Armor Class, but due to the magic already used, it might require more gold...so to get a final +2 to Armor Class, it could require 2 Diamonds, 10000 Gold Pieces

Enhancement:
+1 Regeneration/3 sec
Requirement: Emerald, 5000 Gold Pieces
Emeralds are symbolic of health, even resurrection.

Enhancement:
Casts the spell Luck once per day
Requirement: Garnet, 2000 Gold Pieces
Garnets control the spheres of luck and pleasure.

Enhancement:
10% Magic Resistance
Requirement: Star Sapphire, 5000 Gold Pieces
Sapphires symbolize protection, and star sapphires protect from magic.

Enhancement:
Casts the spell Cone of Cold once per day
Requirement: Aquamarine, 5000 Gold Pieces
Aquamarine controls the element of water.

Enhancement:
Has a permanent Protection from Evil
Requirement: Chrysoberyl, 12000 Gold Pieces
Beryl is used in contacting, summoning and binding spirits, and chrysoberyl protects from such entities.

Enhancement:
Immune to Level Drain
Requirement: Pearl, 12000 Gold Pieces
Pearls symbolize purity, and women....

By the way, I'm not advocating all these enhancements or something, these are just some ideas...

#5 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:03 AM

My comments:

in general: nice idea with the gems; should only be available with a romance; as it has that many effects, the single effects shouldn't be that powerful; the goldsmith would be simply a new character (both for making the pelt and upgrading it).

- resistance against cold: obvious ;)
- AC -1: o.k., but we shouldn't make it too powerful so we should stay with -1 and no -2.
- regeneration: rate too high; this is the rate of the Gaxx-ring; I would suggest 1HP / 2Rounds(12s)
- luck-spell: agree
- magic resistance: I wouldn't like this; perhaps for a ToB-upgrade
- cone of cold: fits
- protection from evil: for this price it may be o.k.
- immune to level drain: not in SoA; there are only two items (mace of disruption, amulett of power) that grant this mighty effect; we shouldn't change this

#6 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:35 AM

Items Required:
Winter Wolf Pelt
Amulet of Protection +1
Diamond
Wand of Cold
Gold: 7,500 GP

Tashia's Winter Cloak

Description: This cloak was made from the pure white pelt of a winter wolf. Its softness and luxuriousness are nearly unmatched though an adventurer is more likely to prize this cloak for its protective powers. Tashia loves it and speaks with great fondness about the day that charname had it made for her.

Abilities:

+1 to AC & Saves
50% Cold Resistance
Cold Blast (as per wand) 3/day

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:17 AM

*nods* I concur Maus, that using the gems and gold (and the effects can cost more if necessary of course) should only be available with the romance. That is the whole point of it, after all...to make it something special for her...rather than all and sundry :)

I also agree that if this works well in SoA, a few more minor further improvements might be done later in ToB, but that is another concern.

As for most of the effects, I do agree with your logic. *grins* As I put that stuff up, it was simply ideas at the time.

- resistance against the cold
Yep, this one is fairly obvious...glad we both agree.

- -1 AC and no -2 AC
That works for me as well, no problem with that.

- regeneration
I'll be honest, I would be hesitant to use this myself...since there are few regenerating items to begin with...but if we do use it, I agree with you on the time. Heh, much like the Protection from Drain, there really are few regenerating items...

- magic resistance
Yeah, doesn't really fit my idea of the cloak either, but once more, was just part of the brainstorming process. So, I agree, not to use that here.

- luck-spell
*grins* Glad you agree, that is one of my more favorite ideas in this...

- cone of cold
Thanks, but I also like Rathwellin's idea of using a Wand of Cold as well.

- protection from evil
This one is debateable as well to include or not, but I would like it, but if necessary, we can raise the cost a bit as well...and not just in the terms of gold either.

To Rathwellin the Bard.
I really do like the idea of the cloak you came up with as well. You did a very fine description as well (in my opinion). Heh, as you saw in some of my other writings, I can get a bit...overblown.

What do you say Maus, maybe use Rathwellin's idea for the basis of the cloak, and then a few of the gem enhancements to improve it later?

#8 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:13 PM

Okay, one problem for this is where to have the interaction take place. I tentatively offer to use it in the Promenade, and but the shop in the Umar Hills or Trademeet would work. Also, depending where this happens, I know some of the internal text will have to be modified but that is easily done.

Okay, one problem for this is where to have the interaction take place. I tentatively offer to use it in the Promenade, and but the shop in the Umar Hills or Trademeet would work. Also, depending where this happens, I know some of the internal text will have to be modified but that is easily done.

Tashia: "Ugh... will you take a look at this? Stand up to the wind and rain my ass... guaranteed to last for years..."

Tashia displays one of her tunics, and you see there are several rents and tears in it, some undoubtedly due to the various conflicts the pair of you have been in, the inclement weather that occasionally dogs your footsteps, and other holes just from age.

Tashia sighs: "One of these days, they will invent a material that stands up to the rigors of travel..."

She pauses, and then wrinkles her nose: "And I'm not going to don just a leather bustier and thong. Maybe some of these wannabe sword-bunnies like to wear it all day long, but you know what sweaty leather smells like? And I just don't know what goes on in their mind as to how that will protect them... maybe they figure they can distract the men by flashing their breasts..."

Tashia stops her momentary tirade, and looks sadly at her clothing once more. She sorts through a few other pieces, momentarily stopping at one, tearing it up in her hands mumbling about it not even being fit for rags.

Option 1:
Walk over to Tashia, and press about 100 gold pieces into her hand, hoping that maybe you can buy her out of her seeming bad mood.

"Here, this should be enough to buy you a whole new wardrobe. I've got a few things to round up myself, but I will meet you back at the inn."

Option 2:
Grab Tashia by the waist, and give her a passionate kiss, tasting her lips as if it was for the first time, and when you let go, smile, and say, "I don't know... I can think of a few things we could do instead of shopping..."

Hold one of her shirts that has a rather large gap near her breast, press it to the outside of her clothes, and say, "Besides, I can see where this would have its uses..."

Option 3:
Sigh, and say, "Just what is it with women and clothing? I guess I should be glad that you don't break down at the sight of spiders, and need crying... but damn..."

Option 4:
Step forward, and tell Tashia, "Hmm... I didn't even think that things were getting that thread-bare, but now that you mentioned, you are right... tell you what, let's go get some new clothes... my treat..."

Smile as you take hold of Tashia's hand, and add, "Besides, it will give me an excuse to be with you longer..."

If Option 1, then go to A. If Option 2, then go to B. If Option 3, then go to C. If Option 4, then go to D.

A:
Tashia hefts the money in her hands, and she glances at MainChar, and smiles, "You know, I do have enough money of my own."

Tashia tosses the money back to MainChar, and then leans in to give him a slight peck on his check.

"Thanks for the consideration, though. I'll meet you back at the inn then..." (End dialogue)

B:
Tashia walks forward, her left arm sliding down around MainChar's waist, looks up into his eyes, and gives him a light slap on the forehead.

"Is that all you can think of?" she grins, before stepping forward to press her lips onto yours, and then she gives a slight sigh when she pulls apart.

There is a twinkle in her eyes as she puts away the shirt, and says, "Tell you what... when I get back... then..." (End dialogue)

C:
Tashia looks at the character, and anger courses through her face: "And sometimes I have to wonder about you guys... tell me, is it some kind of machismo that tells you guys to open your mouth and stick your foot all the way in? Maybe it's satisfactory for you to run around in a plain loincloth, letting your... privates... be exposed to the elements... tell you what, the next time you get cold, I'll let you warm yourself up... maybe when your ass freezes off, you'll learn to curb your tongue..." (End dialogue)

D:
Tashia smiles, and she says, "Are you really sure about that? I mean, I normally don't care to go shopping myself... okay, let's go..."

She pauses, and there is a twinkle in her eye, as she grabs hold of MainChar's arm, and proceeds to the nearest store, entering it. As you make your way inside, you see that there is a large variety of clothing and armor inside of it. Upon entering, Tashia starts to examine the clothes rack. Noticing the shopkeeper and seeing the exhilarated expression on Tashia's face, you can almost feel the gold coins leaving from your pouch and into hers.

As you cool your heels, you hear a chuckle from behind you. You turn and see a strong female dwarf, her beard neatly plaited, thick muscular arms crossed.

"Looks like your... friend... is going to be a while..." the dwarf says, then glancing up at you, "The name is Aimilíona Goldmantle... I'm partners with yon shopkeeper... he attends to the clothing, while the armor is my purview..."

Aimilíona sizes you with her eye, and she says, "You have the look of adventurers about you, so I know your kind normally doesn't go in for such fripperies as these. However, if you are of an interest, I may have something that might strike your fancy..."

Aimilíona points toward a rack where there is a white garment hanging on a rack. As you come closer to examine it, you see that it is in fact a snow-white fur, the pelt unblemished by any other color, the front legs of it forming a neck clasp, an untarnished cloak.

"It came from a winter wolf..." Aimilíona says, lifting an edge of the pelt, beckoning MainChar to touch it. As your hand explores the fur, you find that the pelt is among the softest materials you've ever touched.

"Handworked... took about a month... to soften.." Aimilíona adds, "However, care was also taken to retain its resistance to the chill... definitely waterproofed... normally it would go for... 15,000 gold pieces... but it would stay here until the winter, and I would prefer to have the free space... I can let it go for as cheap as 12,000 gold pieces..."

As you look at the fur, you can just picture Tashia wearing the pelt. Your mind briefly wanders as the image of Tashia wearing nothing but her boots and the pelt enter your mind, shaking some snow off her golden hair, crooking a finger at you to follow her, her mouth opening when you hear Aimilíona asking, "Well, what about it?"

Option 5:
You bargain with the dwarf, and say, "Hmm... it is an excellent cape, I will grant you, but that is a large amount of funds to come up with on a moment's notice, and who knows when I will be back this way... tell you what I will give you 10,000 gold pieces..."

(Maybe make some kind of Charisma roll or assume that if the MainChar has a Charisma above 14, the bargain would be successful).

Option 6:
Smile, as you say, "Well, that is a lot of money, but Tashia is worth every gold piece. Aimilíona, you have a deal."

Option 7:
Shake your head, and say, "I'm sorry friend, but that is much too high... I'm afraid I'm unable to pay for that amount now..."

If Option 5, then go to E. If Option 6, then go to F. If Option 7, then go to G.

E:
If Aimilíona accepts the bargain, then go to F.

If not, Aimilíona says, "I'm sorry, I can't go any lower than my initial offer... take it or leave it..."

Option 8:
Go ahead and pay the amount and then go to F.

Option 9:
Decline to pay the amount and then go to G.

F:
Aimilíona smiles, and says, "It's good doing business with you, sir... I hope you enjoy the cloak."

She pauses, and adds, "By the way, if in the future you would like... additional... adornment, I am quite capable of enhancing the original. It didn't make sense to do so if no one was going to purchase it, but I am more than willing to work further on it... just bring me the proper materials... and for a price, it will be better than new..."

As you collect the pelt, Tashia comes up and says, "Well, I'm done with my shopping... what is that you have there?"

Smiling, you give Tashia the pelt, and her eyes grow wide. Dropping her package onto the ground, she runs her fingers through the fur.

"Who is this for?" she asks, a slight trembling in her body, as she looks into your eyes.

You answer, "This is yours, of course..."

"This is beautiful..." she whispers, and raises it to her cheek, rubbing her face alongside it, "And so soft..."

A tear streaks down Tashia's face, but she smiles, stepping forward, and entwining her fingers into your head, and presses her lips to yours, and when the kiss finally breaks Tashia takes a couple of small gasps, her face filled with wonder and love.

"Thank you..." she says, caressing the cape... (End dialogue)

G:
Aimilíona shrugs, and she says, "Well, if you change your mind, it will be here for a bit longer, but I can make no guarantee that it will be here."

As you finish up, Tashia walks up with a small bundle, and she beams as she says, "Well, that's that... I managed to bargain everything down to about 10 gold pieces..."

Behind her, you see the shopkeeper run a hand through his hair, a pleasant smile on his face, "It was an honor to be outbid by m'lady... but I won't deny I hope it will be some time before you come this way again... my family needs to eat after all..." (End dialogue)

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 08:02 AM.

#9 -r. Yes-

-r. Yes-

Posted 30 July 2003 - 02:59 AM

Requirements:
Lover's Ring (found in the Copper Corenet Sewers)
x2 Diamond
x1 Star Saphire
x2 Ring of Protection +1
x1 Rong of Protection +2
20,000 Gold

Gift of Love

Four thin bands of white gold encrusted with ground up diamonds and star saphires coil about each other to form this finely crafted ring. A symbol of devotion, ithe latent power of the materials which make up the ring's physical form are brought to the surface when dawned by Tashia.

Abilities:

+3 to AC & Saves
10% Magic Resistance

Feel free to add to or alter this idea as you see fit. It is only an idea.

#10 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:43 AM

Sounds like a good ring. It does sound like an engagement ring though. Although that would be a nice new twist to the Tashia romance...

PS: Bri you have a small typo in your dialogue:

"Who is this fur?" she asks, a slight trembling in her body, as she looks into your eyes.

should that be:

"Whose is this fur?" she asks, a slight trembling in her body, as she looks into your eyes.

Otherwise you are implying that someone was made into the coat...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#11 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 05:02 AM

Hmm, good idea with the ring. The only problem I foresee is that the ring itself is necessary if you wish to get that idiotic talking sword in the slums beneath the Copper Coronet...

And thanks Grim Squeaker for pointing that error out. Truth be known, even with "whose" it is an awkward phrase, and I will definitely try to edit it later (going to be gone most of the day)...and is definitely now on the list of things to pay close attention to for editing.

Heh, though I guess, if the Skinner Reiljek was around, one could use him to make a coat from one of the party members...

#12 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 05:17 AM

You could change the line to 'Who is this for?' or similar.

You could just forget about needing the Lover's Ring and just need:
2x Diamond
1x Star Saphire
2x Ring of Protection +1
1x Ring of Protection +2
20,000 Gold

Because that will get you a bloody impressive ring.

#13 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 05:33 AM

That certainly could work as well...the only thing is it also depends on how many enhancements to allow in a given object.

I agree that finding a ring would also be good (matching set with the fur). However, we have to be careful that we don't make Tashia two twinkish (although I know some would say her scrimshaw figure already does ;-) ).

Heh...and maybe have the belt of gender change thrown in for free for Tashia when she gets her coat...as mentioned earlier, that would be an interesting...dialogue between her and the main character...

#14 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:20 AM

I don't know good it would be as an actual item but mainly I'd assume you would want to give Tashia a beautiful looking ring when you ask her to marry you...

#15 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 02:27 PM

Hmm, so what are you suggesting is just making a genuine dialogue where you have the option of asking Tashia to marry you?

I like that actually. I mean, they play the edges around of marriage with Aerie, Viconia wouldn't care for marriage, and in the basic plot it doesn't really state one way or the other whether Jaheira did or not...

#16 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:01 PM

Tashia seems like the type of girl you would need to ask a couple of times, because she would probably clown your first attempts.

It might even be a good idea for a flirt. :lol:

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#17 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 09:00 PM

Now, see there is a good idea...I always liked the flirt options because it gave the main character a chance to initiate an action rather than just waiting for the next banter (or forcing the next one along)...

But I must concur, a ring is still an excellent idea...one thing that really got to me with the romances was that if I fell for someone, I would try to give them little gifts here and there (And as Camdawg knows, I have some ideas in that direction for Delainy)

#18 -Dr. Yes-

-Dr. Yes-

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:16 AM

@Bri

I had a reason for including the Lover's Ring. The simple fact that using it to make my sugested item, you wouldn't be getting the +3 two-hander. A pretty good sword for SoA.

#19 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:55 AM

Can you imagine a dialogue where you can forcetalk a male party member and tell them that you are planning to propose and you can ask them their opinions, whether they would help pick a ring and if they would be your best man. Obviously you wouldn't have to ask them all of the options because you can only have one best man and it would be stupid for you all to go ring hunting...

Then you could have a cutscene where you go ring hunting and you come across a person who says he could craft a spectacular ring if you had the right components.

Once you have the ring then the proposing flirt would be added to Tashia's forcetalk dialogues. There would obviously be some building up tp it for example you oringlaly have the option of:

++ (Attempt to propose to Tashia)

You would then get the option of various ways to start, for example:

++ Tashia, I've loved you from the moment I set my eyes on you.

then you get maybe some sort of flattery line

++ You are more beautiful then the stars themselves...

then you say how much you love her

++ ...and I love you more than anything in this world.

Then you get to the point:

++ (Get down on one knee and get out the ring) Tashia (Does she have a surname?), will you marry me?

Obviously there would be about various options you could choose for each part so you can have your own custom way of proposing. My example above is a bad example because you end up saying I love you twice but anyway you get the idea. And there would be a line each time where you can back out of proposing (if you don't think the time is right).

I think this could only happen late in Throne of Bhaal. I am well aware that it would be a lot of work but it would be a wonderful touch.

(And yes I am a hopeless romantic at heart...)

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:12 AM

To Dr. Yes: Okay that makes sense. And that does allow for a fact that not all quests need to be finished...

And that sounds like a good idea Grim Squeaker, but I am unsure of whether Maus would want to do that...and there is nothing with being a romantic either :)