Photo

Possible item ideas for Tashia (for a Romance)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:23 AM

Minsc as the best man and Boo as the ringbearer... oh, the possibilities.

@Grim
Trust me, no matter how suave or smooth you've planned to propose, you'll always end up being a blathering idiot because you're nervous. I think half of the dialogue options in the proposal should be "umm" and "yeah." I had a sweet, romantic proposal all laid out, and this is more or less what I actually said. :rolleyes:

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#22 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:54 AM

Funny, I would go with Boo as best man...er...best rodent...

To Camdawg:
Well, I'm glad to see she accepted the proposal...hopefully it wasn't on a full screen TV live...;-)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#23 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:10 AM

Nah, it was only cable.

Now I'll try to be on-topic :o

I prefer the cloak idea, myself. It is a nice bridge between her past and her future. A ring--especially a diamond one--is a clear token of betrothal.

Overall, I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole idea of marriage within the scope of BG2. The game is maybe 120 days long, and you're expecting to go from inital meeting to proposal within that time? I understand that relationships are compressed within the game to actually make them advance, but I still think this is pushing too hard. This is especially true with Tashia, who doesn't consider Charname a serious relationship until Chapter 6. It would be a bit unromantic to propose while I'm taking a break from slaughtering Bhaalspawn. (Think what a horible betrayal it would be to propose and then ascend!) While it would make for some touching dialogue and a deeper relationship, I think this is something better left for the epilogue.

Just my two cents.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#24 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:24 AM

Hmm, you are right that maybe marriage in the scope of ToB would be rushed, with the worry about the other Bhaalspawn as well...

On the other hand, we wouldn't have to have a ring be a symbol of marriage, would we?

I mean, it could certainly be like when a boy gives a girl his class ring...kind of making it more...public...about their exclusivity?

Kinda like how Jaheira's locket would have been better if the maincharacter could have gotten for her while she was still grappling with her feelings for him late in the romance...

And I'm not too anal about topics going of topic ;-)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#25 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:36 AM

Yeah I know, I'm coming from the traditional/romantic point of view. For me personally, I can't think of a ring meaning anything other than a commitment for marriage. Plus we are talking about a very nice ring, not some cheesy class ring (look, it's authentic cubic zirconia :) ). I'm old-fashioned; I would simply prefer a jewelry gift of the non-ring variety. I don't see how a fur cloak would be any less public than a ring. :lol:

____

#26 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:49 AM

>>>I don't see how a fur cloak would be any less public than a ring

Depends on what she wore...or didn't wear underneath.

But I still think something could be done...I'll punt it around and see what I can think of...

*ponders what the D&D equivalent of cubic zirconium would be*

#27 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:40 PM

Depends on what she wore...or didn't wear underneath.

Yes, but that goes with anything. :D

____

#28 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:12 PM

The proposal would only be optional obviously. Depends how spontanious is. I don't know how long people they would have been an item by the time the option arrives but some people do propose after ridiculously short times.

They could decide after she says yes that that once the whole bhaalspawn thing is over and they can finally settle down then they will get married as this is hardly the right time. Some people end up engaged for ages before actually getting married. Obviously when THE CHOICE comes up with Solar then Tashia will assume you will stay mortal because of the engagement...

Anyway, doesn't Anomen propose at the end of Throne of Bhaal to a female PC?
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#29 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:23 PM

*nods* Yeah, this would definitely be optional if implemented. And I do know someone who did propose after going out with someone else for a month...

And yes, Anomen does propose near the end of ToB...I always have fun rejecting him myself ;-)

#30 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:25 PM

*nods* Yeah, this would definitely be optional if implemented. And I do know someone who did propose after going out with someone else for a month...

And yes, Anomen does propose near the end of ToB...I always have fun rejecting him myself ;-)

I don't know how you could survive the entire romance... :blink:

#31 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

Anomen romance? *shudder* Brave soul.

The first time he dissed Mazzy he was out, never to return.

____

#32 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:58 PM

He was already partially in my sights when he started to boast of his achievements...I mean, if this guy was supposed to be training to be in the Order of Radiant Hearts, it would have been better for him to be more subdued...ah well...

But, yes, I've finished all the romances, as well as all the non-official ones extant...

Yes, Mazzy is good...she shoulda had a partner equal to her courage...

#33 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:30 PM

Ah, sweet Mazzy. Hee hee... Bri, why don't you add a Mazzy romance to your project list? :lol: <_<

Sorry, I didn't mean to threadjack the topic. Well... threadjack it any more than I already have.

____

#34 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:07 PM

I might do that...but truthfully, my first projects are to get the majority of the Tashia dialogues done (I know I really haven't had anything new the last couple of days, but even I have other stuff to do)...and I was helping do some Cyrano de Bergerac dialogue for another mod (the creature's Kiara mod looks fairly good to me, though I won't know until I download it)...but Cyrano isn't a big priority...I do want to get Delainy primarily done...I have most of my ideas solidified, its just a matter of laying it out...then programming it...if I get help in that regard, that's cool, otherwise, I will be learning from the ground up on that material :)

Then, if it all gets done, I wouldn't mind doing a Mazzy romance...unless one gets done in between...

#35 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:18 PM

Anomen romance? *shudder* Brave soul.

Well, I loved and enjoyed that romance, as did many other people.

So there. :)
"Figured it out, yet?"

#36 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:07 AM

I might do that...but truthfully, my first projects are to get the majority of the Tashia dialogues done (I know I really haven't had anything new the last couple of days, but even I have other stuff to do)...and I was helping do some Cyrano de Bergerac dialogue for another mod (the creature's Kiara mod looks fairly good to me, though I won't know until I download it)...but Cyrano isn't a big priority...I do want to get Delainy primarily done...I have most of my ideas solidified, its just a matter of laying it out...then programming it...if I get help in that regard, that's cool, otherwise, I will be learning from the ground up on that material :)

Then, if it all gets done, I wouldn't mind doing a Mazzy romance...unless one gets done in between...

If you need some help with Delainey writing or programming then I could probably lend a hand if I'm not too busy.

#37 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 06:39 AM

To Riona:
*grins* I know I like to tweak about Anomen and such, and I can see where in the right circumstances where he is a bit sweet. Remember the dialogue where he offers a flower to the main character? That almost made up for one of his earlier boasts :) Heh...and I'm not one of those people who say "You liked the romance??? Are you nuts???" After all, as I said elsewhere, sometimes the whole bit with Viconia seems to appeal to the perverse need in some people to be dominated...and I will grant that Anomen, at least, isn't that way :) Ugh, of course, I couldn't stand him when he went the Chaotic Neutral route...I did put him down there, but his Lawful Good one route was fine. I truly think it is just his initial dialogues that really, really puts me off edge...and the fact he doesn't seem to like gnomes or halflings much...I mean, when Jan's quest rolled around and he insulted the little girl Jaella...ugh...that did make me want to pluck out his beard hair by hair...

And thanks Grim Squeaker for the offer of help (as well as to CamDawg who offered via e-mail). Right now, the main bit is to finish with Tashia, I think since the work is fairly close to being done...(overall, that is).

#38 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:27 AM

I mean, when Jan's quest rolled around and he insulted the little girl Jaella...ugh...that did make me want to pluck out his beard hair by hair...

How there's a mod I hadn't considered! The Anomen Torture Mod!

'Well, I don't know why I came here tonight. I've got a feeling that something ain't right...'

#39 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:47 AM

Hmm...tempting as it might be, I know I wouldn't do anything behind it...

I mean, though I like teasing Riona a bit, I don't hate Anomen that much...(my comment on using his scrotum as a coin purse was more for shock value than anything...but if someone does make a mod and use that idea, that is up to them as well ;-) ).

#40 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:59 AM

I'm kidding. I don't hate him enough to cut his ear off!