• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:17 PM

I finished revising the dialog between PC and Jaheira after Jon joins the party - added more replies and branches as it was suggested. The new dialog is posted in the Workroom.

Weyoun wrote another Viconia and Irenicus banter and I am working on it. It will be posted shortly.

So far we have 6 written 'big' dialogs and some banters (Jon and Jan , Jon and Viconia)

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 01:59 AM

Are you following the standard pattern of one banter per pair in ToB or expanding that?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:07 AM

Are you following the standard pattern of one banter per pair in ToB or expanding that?

As my fancy strikes me. :) I think Sarevok, Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc deserve more than one banter, so they will have 2-3 each. Others may have less to say.

Weyoun was very kind as to write a coupe for each Viconia and Jan, and I liked them. Some less remarkable npcs will have nothing but short remarks.

So, if you have a party of Cernd, Mazzy, Nalia, Aerie and Valygar - you will be much less entertained. :)

I think Val and Mazzy will not stay in the same party with Jon, does not matter how hard you try. Keldorn is another story though ...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 Broken Phoenix

Broken Phoenix
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:15 AM

As my fancy strikes me. :) I think Sarevok, Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc deserve more than one banter, so they will have 2-3 each. Others may have less to say.

Weyoun was very kind as to write a coupe for each Viconia and Jan, and I liked them. Some less remarkable npcs will have nothing but short remarks.

So, if you have a party of Cernd, Mazzy, Nalia, Aerie and Valygar - you will be much less entertained. :)

I think Val and Mazzy will not stay in the same party with Jon, does not matter how hard you try. Keldorn is another story though ...

What about LG Ano? I mean, he belongs in that circle too, doesn't he...

#5 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:23 AM

I might be able to whip up a few for Keldorn, given he has an experienced ootlook on life.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:37 AM

I might be able to whip up a few for Keldorn, given he has an experienced ootlook on life.

Please do so - but I would ask you to read through all existing dialogs first to 'follow' the general direction of the plot. :) And I reserve the right to edit these and rewrite them as I do with any input - is it ok with you?

By the way, can you think of something for Anomen as well? (LG one and CN) I would appreciate your input since you are so much into balance and 'duality' and paladinness. B)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:40 AM

I would appreciate your input since you are so much into balance and 'duality' and paladinness. B)

Woohoo! Paladinness! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses words that aren't, but should be (à la "lichhood") :D

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:41 AM

What about LG Ano? I mean, he belongs in that circle too, doesn't he...

Yes and no. Ano, even LG still might remember his own predicament with Saerk and be a little less judgemental, and he has no irrational fear of magic and mages... With Mazzy I cannot see any 'humane' foothold, except maybe her loss of her lover but berely. And Valygar is so set against magic that having an 'evil' mage of Jon's proportions in the group will freak him out. On the other hand - in the case of a 'good' choice of PC's he may rememeber Lavok. Hmm... now that I think of it yes, he 'may' remember Lavok!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:45 AM

Woohoo! Paladinness! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses words that aren't, but should be (à la "lichhood")

"lichdom" I think is what they use ... but "paladinness" is a cool one. ;) Laufey also invented "paladinites" as in something virulent that you can catch... :ph34r:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:37 AM

and he has no irrational fear of magic and mages...

Valygar's hatred/fear of mages is quite rational and not out of proportions. He is born and raised in the society which is inherinetly suspicious of mages. His name is dragged through the dirt because the magical talent persists in the family through generations. His mother allegedly turned into a lich, and most probably attacked him, besides animating his father as a zombie. The extremely powerful order of Cowled Wizards seeks to kill him. Lavok is after him to kill him and use his body. I'd say even Imoen would be weary of mages under the circumstances.

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 11:02 AM

and he has no irrational fear of magic and mages...

Valygar's hatred/fear of mages is quite rational and not out of proportions. He is born and raised in the society which is inherinetly suspicious of mages. His name is dragged through the dirt because the magical talent persists in the family through generations. His mother allegedly turned into a lich, and most probably attacked him, besides animating his father as a zombie. The extremely powerful order of Cowled Wizards seeks to kill him. Lavok is after him to kill him and use his body. I'd say even Imoen would be weary of mages under the circumstances.

Well, we are speaking of ToB, when Lavok is already RIP. And I have nothing against Valygar - I rather like him. In fact I think I may write a long dialog between him and Jonny regarding Lavok's death, *if* PC maketh a 'good' choice.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#12 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:30 PM

Woohoo! Paladinness! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses words that aren't, but should be (à la "lichhood")

"lichdom" I think is what they use ... but "paladinness" is a cool one. ;) Laufey also invented "paladinites" as in something virulent that you can catch... :ph34r:

Heh...I gotta write these down...an easter egg has sprung to mind :D

#13 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:15 PM

Well, we are speaking of ToB, when Lavok is already RIP

Lavok's death takes a large part of personal strain from the character, yes. However, Valygar as a heir to the wroking Planar Sphere and the key to entering it is prey for CW. He still very much has a rational reason to belive that any mage who approaches him will be intersted in it and will try to kill him.

#14 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

Well, we are speaking of ToB, when Lavok is already RIP

Lavok's death takes a large part of personal strain from the character, yes. However, Valygar as a heir to the wroking Planar Sphere and the key to entering it is prey for CW. He still very much has a rational reason to belive that any mage who approaches him will be intersted in it and will try to kill him.

Thanks for your input - I will take this into consideration!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#15 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:39 AM

I'm currently playing with Aerie, Imoen, Minsc and Keldorn... I certainly hope that you'll made this mod till I finish SoA... I wish you well and success in making this mod. I'm sure that you'll make it. The original Redemption was the proof of your capabilities...:)
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#16 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:42 PM

I'm currently playing with Aerie, Imoen, Minsc and Keldorn... I certainly hope that you'll made this mod till I finish SoA... I wish you well and success in making this mod. I'm sure that you'll make it. The original Redemption was the proof of your capabilities...

I am afraid it is a bit more extensive project than a few weeks time frame ... But we will finish it eventually. :)

Thanks for your interest.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#17 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:48 PM

Two main plot dialogs with PC are posted in the workroom PC-Jon 'Redemption' dialogs 1 and 2.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#18 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:20 AM

When do you expect to finish it? I hope it will not spin of till Christmas...:) :D
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#19 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:12 AM

When do you expect to finish it? I hope it will not spin of till Christmas...:) :D

Grin. I see you are a big fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. As to your question - no, definitely NOT before Christmas. I would be lucky to finish writing by this fall. Coding it is an entirely different issue. It may take awhile.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:07 AM

Grin. I see you are a big fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. As to your question - no, definitely NOT before Christmas. I would be lucky to finish writing by this fall. Coding it is an entirely different issue. It may take awhile.

One of the biggest I'd like to precise... :D

Oh that's more joyeuses news! :) I hope so...

I hoped that David Warner could make some voice about Irenicus, if he'll be a full time player... :rolleyes: