Latest news on the mod

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 -Joneleth-

-Joneleth-

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:13 PM

HEllo everybody

I am a great fan of jon irenicus
And I find that his redemption is a very idea.
THANK YOU DOROTEA

I am French, and I could translate this mod in french for all the french fans of Irenicus

If you are interested, you can give me by mail, the dialog of the finished mod
Royal-mansion@caramail.com

#42 -Nysi-

-Nysi-

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hello, i'm french too :rolleyes: , and have just finish redemption.
I really like your mod, the idea and the dialogue, thank you Dorotea.

The only bad thing about Jon is that he arrive very late so i decide to make him available like Sarevok (but i'm beginner in mod building and it doesn't work ;) )
I was hopeless when i heard by joneleth that redemption author was thinking about making Jon available at the beginnig of TOB and this is a great news!!!

So if i can do anything, say it and good luck for your mod. :D

#43 Zaephir-Moth

Zaephir-Moth
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:32 AM

*Hum* There are more compatriots than I initially thought...

Bien le bonjour à vous tous ! :D
Take away the love and the anger,
Those slight pieces of rope that links us together.
Waiting for things that will never happen,
Taken in a gap between past and future.

#44 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:29 PM

I think I still need to post updates from time to time :) So - here are the news. The first 'un-official' beta is under way - and we are fixing stuff. There are plenty of bugs and typos, of course.

Also - I need your input on one particular item and its 'powers'. If you have access to the workroom - please comment.

In the mean time the mod dialogs are still being written and the next stage is coding all existing and 'locked' npc banters. All Irenicus-PC dialogs are done.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#45 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

Today I finally updated Imoen vs Irenicus banter - the one where he talks about 'similiarities'. I am working on the second one but if you have Workroom password please help me by commenting on the changes.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#46 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

New Imoen - Irenicus banter posted in the Workroom. This is #3 so far. Please review if you have access to the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#47 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:45 AM

A bunch of dialogs has been updated today. I hope we are moving into the final stage - after I finish last Imoen and Jaheira, and will start writing the conclusion scenes. Arggh - I will need different endings - with and without Ascension (on top of everything else).

I found one Korgan dialog by Weyoun that needs revision but can be an interesting addition. Still need Cernd - anybody wishes to write him?

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#48 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:23 PM

Posted new dialog - Jon and Jaheira... sort of explosive one, about Khalid. Please check the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#49 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:03 AM

With Jaheira Jonny Boy should be in for a rough ride. <_<
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#50 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:16 AM

I've got a Cernd one to post later on.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#51 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:40 AM

Excellent! Thank you. Either post it in the workroom or email me direct - as I will do the editing as always - to match the 'general intonation' of the mod.

Right now I am working on the Weyoun's Korgan and Laufey's Nalia. Next will be another Jaheira and maybe one short Imoen.

And I completely forgot Sarevok... But I think I will want to do him myself.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#52 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:45 PM

Added a Volo encounter today - by request from many a beta tester. Needs spellchecking. Please proceed to the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#53 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

Jon - Korgan banter by Weyoun is added! Great fun - but needs spellchecking.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#54 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:13 PM

Added Irenicus and Cernd banter - a joined venture between me and Domi, although I have to confess to heavily modifying the closing lines and the central topic of the discussion... If you have Workroom passord - please read and spell check. Commentary and suggestions are also welcome.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#55 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:51 PM

Added 2 small Nalia - Irenicus banters - by Laufey. It is truly amazing but we are almost done with npc banters! All that is left is 1 more Jaheira and Sarevok.

Imoen (3+1)
Jan(2)
Viconia(2)
Anomen(2)
Aerie (2+3+3 =8!)
Cernd (1)
Korgan(1)
HearDalis(3)
Jaheira(1+1) and 2 more at least coming
Edwin(3)
Mazzy(2)
Keldorn(1) and I have another one to edit - by Weyoun

this leaves me with Sarevok - and I want to do him myself... waiting for inspiration so far!

I want to point out that even 'singles' are quite interesting IMHO and long, with at least one serious idea.

The mod is moving ahead at great pace - I want to once again thank everybody who participates in writing/proofreading/coding/testing and discussions.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#56 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:57 AM

I want to point out that even 'singles' are quite interesting IMHO and long, with at least one serious idea.

The mod is moving ahead at great pace - I want to once again thank everybody who participates in writing/proofreading/coding/testing and discussions.

If you want, I will be glad to draft more for Cernd (he is my second favorite NPC from BG2 cast, believe it or not), but I assume from your previous post that I missed your Irenicus-Cernd concept by a fair margin, so you will need to give me a lead on how they should interact, and I'd go for neutral topics.

#57 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:33 AM

If you want, I will be glad to draft more for Cernd (he is my second favorite NPC from BG2 cast, believe it or not), but I assume from your previous post that I missed your Irenicus-Cernd concept by a fair margin, so you will need to give me a lead on how they should interact, and I'd go for neutral topics.

I did not say you missed anything - the banter was a draft, as we agreed beforehand anyway. I think your style of Cernd?s speech is about as close to perfection as one could wish. :D Irenicus on the other hand is an entity shrewd enough to try to be subtle and 'sophisticated' in his counterattacks ? i.e. he will always use sophistry and try to draw dialog away from frontal accusations (since there is not much he can say to his defense). That is what I added - if you checked the Workroom version.

As for neutral topics... I am not sure. How about trying to draft a discussion of Cernd's own 'betrayal' instead - of his pregnant wife and child? The analogy is quirky and completely unfair, but if JI gets a whiff of it from PC's mind he will surely attack.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#58 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

I did not say you missed anything - the banter was a draft, as we agreed beforehand anyway.

Oh, sure, but a closer match from the start makes editing easier. I will check the final to see what mood/degree of deviation you are looking for.

As for neutral topics... I am not sure. How about trying to draft a discussion of Cernd's own 'betrayal' instead - of his pregnant wife and child? The analogy is quirky and completely unfair, but if JI gets a whiff of it from PC's mind he will surely attack.

Erm...I'll try :lol:

#59 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:59 PM

Working on Cernd second banter ... and number of others. The most problems so far I am having with Aerie - the poor avariel is too chattery with Jon - she has - gulp - 8 banters! It is more than PC... I am trying to time these all properly today - will post a screenshot or two perhaps....

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#60 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:26 AM

I'm truly speechless :o :o