Forgot to log in...:)
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#22 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:22 AM

I hoped that David Warner could make some voice about Irenicus, if he'll be a full time player...

Hmm, thats a thought ... maybe I can offer him my full year salary to do this one shot? ;)

I don't think so. But I have a nice collection of DW's voice clips from his audio books recordings that I may use a few to add more voice. Too bad most of it is poetry - Poe, Yatts and Shakespeare ... But there are some promising ones from Walter Scott's 'Ivanhoe'.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#23 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:19 AM

Hmm, thats a thought ... maybe I can offer him my full year salary to do this one shot? ;)

Hey that's a good point... :D I am kidding... I am sorry... I though that after all in Ascension Sarevok and Imoen were with some voice packs and it would be the same with David Warner, but didn't think that it's such a difficult job...:(

Whatever you think, I am sure you'll make it fine...:)

#24 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:21 AM

Are you a fan of Robert Jordan... Do you read fantasy... Because when not reading Joseph Heller and John Steibeck that's my favourite genre...:)

#25 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 01 August 2003 - 06:52 AM

Hey that's a good point... :D I am kidding... I am sorry... I though that after all in Ascension Sarevok and Imoen were with some voice packs and it would be the same with David Warner, but didn't think that it's such a difficult job...:(

Ascension did not include new voicing.

#26 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:17 AM

Just a second thought - there are plenty of appropriate sounds in the game for Jon's 'selection' sounds. My 1st Redemption mod has them, and I quite enjoyed picking them up. For example his 'default' select sound is 'Life is strength' another one is 'I cannot be controlled' , when you select him to be a leader he says 'I will no longer listen to the babbling of ignorant children' etc, it is actually very fitting, I think. :D

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#27 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:22 AM

Are you a fan of Robert Jordan... Do you read fantasy... Because when not reading Joseph Heller and John Steibeck that's my favourite genre...

I still like Jordan, but I stopped being a rabid reader after book 6 I think - the Wheel is getting too long and tedious. He should have finished it quicker. Currently I am into Robin Hobb (Farseers series) and J R R Martin. And my favorite ever is Glen Cook - the Black Company series. As you can guess - I love first person narrations.

:P

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:10 AM

Ascension did not include new voicing.

Are you sure? Because I remember today when Sarevok was asking me if I believed him... It was with sound... And the developping of powers for Imoen it was too with voice pack...

#29 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:13 AM

Silly me... I forgot to log in, again... -_-

#30 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:21 AM

Are you sure? Because I remember today when Sarevok was asking me if I believed him... It was with sound... And the developping of powers for Imoen it was too with voice pack...

Actually - the Imoen's recordings for her 'Bhaals powers' dialog were in ToB originally, but the bug prevented them from being played. I have no idea why did not they fix it - because they were busy with NWN ?!!!? Anyway - DG mentions in the Ascension readme file that these dialogs are being fixed and played in Ascension. I guess same goes for Sarevok.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#31 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:18 PM

I still like Jordan, but I stopped being a rabid reader after book 6 I think - the Wheel is getting too long and tedious. He should have finished it quicker. Currently I am into Robin Hobb (Farseers series) and J R R Martin. And my favorite ever is Glen Cook - the Black Company series. As you can guess - I love first person narrations.

The ghost of Roger Zelazny (master of first-person narration) should go kick Jordan's ass.

#32 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:04 AM

As to your question - no, definitely NOT before Christmas. I would be lucky to finish writing by this fall. Coding it is an entirely different issue. It may take awhile.

So? Somewhere in the spring, judging to your confident manner you denied categorically...:)

#33 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

So? Somewhere in the spring, judging to your confident manner you denied categorically...

Perhaps ... ;)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#34 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:58 PM

Another Haer Dalis vs Irenicus banter posted in the Attic. This one also has a few small interjections from Imoen.

http://www.gamejag.c...5990f924a1a01c1

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#35 SapphireDragon

SapphireDragon
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:25 PM

I finished revising the dialog between PC and Jaheira after Jon joins the party - added more replies and branches as it was suggested. The new dialog is posted in the Workroom.

Weyoun wrote another Viconia and Irenicus banter and I am working on it. It will be posted shortly.

So far we have 6 written 'big' dialogs and some banters (Jon and Jan , Jon and Viconia)

will there be Soluafien and Kelsey dialogues with Jon? :)

#36 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 07:21 PM

will there be Soluafien and Kelsey dialogues with Jon?

No. The original SoA npc's only. And the reason is - I don't want to step on someone's toes and write a dialog for their character only to find out that they think it was a 'mischaracterization'.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#37 SapphireDragon

SapphireDragon
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:23 PM

No. The original SoA npc's only. And the reason is - I don't want to step on someone's toes and write a dialog for their character only to find out that they think it was a 'mischaracterization'.

oh :o

#38 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 11:55 PM

I'm trying to make banters between two non-Bioware NPCs easier with my latest Mod Idea: 'Banter Packs - Part Deux'. I have no idea whether it will ever see the light of day but I'll probably do something like it once Harvey is released:

Click Here...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#39 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:09 AM

I'm trying to make banters between two non-Bioware NPCs easier with my latest Mod Idea: 'Banter Packs - Part Deux'. I have no idea whether it will ever see the light of day but I'll probably do something like it once Harvey is released:

Sounds like a lot of fun! I may add the non-Bio interactions to the mod after it is released - if there will be a great demand for it. Romanced Edwin will probably have something from the start - but it is because Laufey is writing me those dialogs. If the authors of these other mods will be interested to add bits to the Longer Road - I would be more than happy to work with them, but other than that my position is very fair I think: unless I am 'positive' the author will be happy I won't write anything for their 'baby' that they may find offensive.

By the way - I am always open for the input for Bio or non-Bio NPCs. If anybody out there is interested in this mod and does not feel that redeeming Irenicus is against their 'general principles' - they are welcome to join the team and send me their ideas. I will be more than happy to give password to the Workroom to anybody enthusiastic about the mod.

Unfortunately when I started posting the LR initial dialogs in the Attic there was an explosion of comments of the type - 'Irenicus cannot be redeemed because he is EEEEVIL' and 'Jaheira will cut him into pieces or leave the party at the first notion of Jon coming aboard because *I* think so'.

Since I cannot argue with anything like this - I stopped posting dialogs in the open forums. This is also the reason behind my refusal to write dialogs for non-Bio npcs myself.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#40 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 09:35 AM

Jonny banters have got to be interesting to write. I look forward to helping write a Harvey-Jonny banter in future.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."