Known Issues 3.02 (report bugs here)

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#321 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

I haven't heard from him either. Last time he logged in to SHS was July 8. He had internet troubles a while back, I'm guessing they've resurfaced. I do hope he's okay. I figured I'd leave him be in case he's just burnt out for the time being, but if you want you could send him a PM, that may forward an email to his regular email box.

Qwinn

#322 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

Yea, I already sent one. Ah well I'll just wait then.
Decimal is for the weak

#323 Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Might I suggest posting the progress on disassembling the EXE somewhere public? I know a few people that might be able to do some drive-by help, and it'd keep things visible for anyone wanting to pick up where you folks left off.

Edited by Kung Fu Man, 23 July 2009 - 09:33 PM.

#324 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

I've been posting over at G3 in the IESDP forum, but it looks like the IESDP hasn't been updated in over a year, and probably won't be in the future. A couple of people are commenting, but since the data I'm finding is just staying in the forum it will eventually get bumped down and lost. A few people are making use of it so I'll keep going though.
Decimal is for the weak

#325 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Now, now. igi checks in and updates things once in a while. There's no rush, is there? :)

He's been maintaining it at least since 2004. Probably a lot longer. No need to panic.

#326 --Noel--

--Noel--

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

I have a fix for you.

Every time you kill the Evil Wizard Construct you can tell Nordom that you are the new creative director which gives it +1 Int and +1 Dex and 36000 exp for the entire party. I mean you can raise Nordom's Dex to 25 this way.

#327 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Oh, wow. Nice catch. And verified.

Upon review, it looks strongly to me like it happens because you weren't supposed to be able to have the full dialogue with the Wizard (which can reset the variables in question, allowing you to get those bonuses multiple times) following the first conversation with him. His dialogue uses "NumTimesTalked(0)" and "NumTimesTalkedGT(0)" to determine what dialogue he responds to you with, and the latter trigger leads inevitably and quickly to a fight. That value, however, appears to be stored in the CRE, and when you reset the maze the new wizard is technically a new CRE, so the value gets reset as if it were your first conversation with him. That was not intended... I discovered from several other instances, particularly in Carceri, that the designers expected those two triggers to yield correct results even when spread out among multiple CREs based on their using the same dialogue file, which is why I have a whole bunch of "Carceri Citizens forget they'd met you before" fixes. This appears to be another case of the same issue.

So, in the future, the Rubikon wizard will remember meeting you previously, and you will thus no longer be able to set the variables tracking that Nordom upgrade to a previous value.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 28 July 2009 - 07:11 AM.

#328 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

In AR0108, container 4 is set to bag, when obviously its a crate. I'm checking all the containers so there may be more.
Decimal is for the weak

#329 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

In AR0108, container 4 is set to bag, when obviously its a crate. I'm checking all the containers so there may be more.

Agreed that the setting is incorrect for that container, but does that actually have any visible impact in the game? I thought maybe it would produce a different sound when opening, but I can't actually detect any difference (opening both bags and crates is silent).

Qwinn

#330 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Did not know that, I had assumed those settings were used for sounds too. Perhaps that is a bug as well, or is there supposed to be no sound associated with those containers?

Here's some more, some of these may be fixable (such as a barrel listed as a bag, unless barrels do not make any sound either...)

AR0506 container 3 listed as a bag, but its not a bag
AR0508 spilled jar listed as barrel
AR0702 empty cart listed as a bag
AR0706 barrel 2 listed as a bag
Decimal is for the weak

#331 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Here's the rest of the ones I found. There are quite a few more, but they are kind of iffy, so I'm only listing the obviously wrong ones. Any idea if there should be sounds associated with bag and crate? If this is something that I can look into?

AR0708 barrow 2 listed as bag
AR0800 container 4 listed as bag
AR0900 container 3, container 4, container 5 listed as bag
AR0902 box 1, box 2 listed as bag
AR1900 campsite listed as bag
AR3007B bed plank listed as bag
Decimal is for the weak

#332 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

It seems to me that if there are sounds associated with opening any containers, they are unused. As such, while I appreciate the research, it would require someone actually finding unused container-opened sounds among all the WAV files, and if we do then it requires scient adding their play in the engine and then it would go into the UB RS&B component, not the Fixpack. But to be honest, we've got lots of other unused sounds that I personally think are higher priority than that to burden scient with for the time being. Seriously, though, I really do appreciate the research, if it ever turns out that those settings do have an impact in some way other than sounds (not sure what it could be, but hey) then that'll be really useful.

Qwinn

#333 Displacer

Displacer
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

I'm currently plugging my way through the engine code, and found that the dice rolls are slightly skewed towards the high side. It happens because of the way the roll is converted into a range the engine can use. Most assembly code uses values starting at zero so instead of 1-5 it uses 0-4, still the same range just starting at zero instead of 1. Normally to get a random number (dice roll) via assembly is you pass the dice size, we'll say 10 for example, and it generates a random number between 1 and 10, and then subtracts 1 to give 0-9. Still the correct range just converted to something the code can use. Torments dice roll only subtracts the 1 if it goes over the limit of the range, so if it rolls a 10 it does the subtraction but it does not do the subtraction if it comes up a 9, it just keeps the value because it doesn't need to convert it to the range the assembler can use. The way it should be is it subtracts 1 no matter what the result. The net effect is its actually rolling 1D11 and only reducing the amount if it comes up 11, which slightly skews it towards higher values.

EDIT: Meh, forget everything I said, I reanalyzed the code and it works as it should...

Edited by Displacer, 04 August 2009 - 03:33 PM.

Decimal is for the weak

#334 --jim--

--jim--

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hey guys, here's another bug for ya, at least in my patched version of PS:T (2 cd, full install). Here's my Weidu log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // UNDEFINED STRING: @1: v3.02
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #1 // UNDEFINED STRING: @2: v3.02
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // UNDEFINED STRING: @4: v3.02
~SETUP-PST-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Banter Accelerator? If so, Choose interval between banters. -> Interparty Banter Every 6 game hours (30 minutes) <Recommended>: v3.51
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Stackable Rings, Charms, Bracelets, Scrolls: v3.51
~NVIDIA_FIX/NVIDIA_FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix NVidia graphical glitches
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Scale of Souls: v3.51

Anyway, whenever I convince the TO in the Fortress to check to see if I released the shadows, after the dialog closes it gets stuck. He does his spell effect and it simply loops. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this one or not, but a cursory search didn't show anything, so I apologize in advance if it's already been dealt with elsewhere.

-Jim

#335 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yikes... when you say it loops, can you tell me from what point it begins again?

Really hoping this wasn't an issue on my part... but on the chance it is, I'm guessing the Subtitled Components mod would be what's at issue, and you can probably resolve it by uninstalling that.

That said, please don't uninstall until you can answer that question for me and tell me where it is looping, thanks :)

(I wonder why you got those "undefined strings" in your weidu.log... from that, it may well just have been an install error too, though I guess if you got all the way to TO couldn't have been that bad)

Qwinn

#336 --jim--

--jim--

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Yikes... when you say it loops, can you tell me from what point it begins again?

Really hoping this wasn't an issue on my part... but on the chance it is, I'm guessing the Subtitled Components mod would be what's at issue, and you can probably resolve it by uninstalling that.

That said, please don't uninstall until you can answer that question for me and tell me where it is looping, thanks :)

(I wonder why you got those "undefined strings" in your weidu.log... from that, it may well just have been an install error too, though I guess if you got all the way to TO couldn't have been that bad)

Qwinn

Well, it looks like it happens shortly after the dialog is closed when TO is going to check on the shadows being released. Doesn't seem to matter which dialog options I choose, so long as I get to that point; TO starts casting his spell and the spell keeps going without TO leaving.

Here's a link to the screenshot of where I'm stuck. http://img197.images...8861/spellj.jpg

I didn't have those errors at the very start, with a clean install of the mods, but only after going back and installing more, so maybe the Weidu installer didn't like that...could also be the cause of this problem, but I have no idea. That said, I don't seem to have had any ill effects from the mods; they seemed to be working perfectly in game.

I'll let you know if uninstalling the subtitle mod works.

#337 --jim--

--jim--

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Looks like uninstalling the subtitled cutscenes worked, though the uninstaller gave me all sorts of weird version errors... Might need to just do a clean reinstall of everything. But...it's working now! Thanks, and I'll let you know if anything else crops up.

-Jim

#338 -A dialog problem when talking to-

-A dialog problem when talking to-

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

I am a Chinese player.Yesterday,I began to try the English version instead of the Chinese version and found a tiny bug.
When talking to Dhall,he said "This is where the dead are brought to be interred or cremated...(whole passage)."and there are some options below.The forth is"Sigil?".Dhall,however,have not mentioned "Sigil" yet.The question is illogic.
Though it seems to be a tiny mistake indeed.I wish this game can be more near to perfect.This mistake have no relation to fixpack for it also lied in 1.1 version.
My English is just so-so...I appreciate your terrifc work, I really enjoy this game with the WEIDU packs and hope it can be better.

#339 codhri

codhri
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

I own recent Polish edition of Ps:T (1 DVD). The game conducts full install on its own, creating [Alias] section like this:

[Alias]
HD0:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\
CD1:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\CD2
CD2:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\CD2
CD3:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\CD2
CD4:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\CD2
CD5:=d:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Planescape Torment\CD2

The game runs without dvd. Using http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html I tried to mod my PsT (skipping step 2) but I encountered following problem: after applying the fix when I start the game it requests inserting cd 2 into the drive. of course the one and only dvd is in the drive (however its not required normally by this edition) so I cant play the game. Uninstallation of the fix solves the problem. Next steps from the link work OK. Any ideas?

#340 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

Codhri, see this post:

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=454211

If you want to know -why- you need to do this, read the rest of that thread, starting at post #13 :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 22 August 2009 - 01:50 PM.