Photo

BGSpawn

EET BGT

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#381 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

For me, the most critical things are 1 (no scaling) and 3a (no gibberlings, gnolls and dogs). If that could be done, that's a dream-come-through mod right there :)

Easy, just use the vanilla BGT-weidu spawns, AND JUST DO NOT SAVE ... the spawn points won't throw a mix of creatures into the same spot so long as you won't save your game.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#382 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

@ LUD: tx for your suggestions.

BUT, please kindly note that most of the features you're suggesting are already present in my mod (it is completely random and it has a quite variety of possible spawn per any possible level the party could ever be).

Also my mod tries, for what I could and I felt fair, to spawn appropriate creatures in appropriate areas (that means undead in some areas and during night only time, animals close to town, etc...).

It's true I added BG2 creatures, but ONLY where appropriate and it is quite fair as the mod requires BGT so a full game where you can take the advantage of BG2 features.

For example I disagree in having ALL the possible monsters able o spawn everywhere, it's a nonsense to me.

Again, I appreciate any suggestion, but I see most of your input already implemented and some other unrealist or really hard to implement or add.

Cheers!
mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 07 February 2015 - 04:29 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#383 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:33 AM

Also please regarding 3a of your point: Please that will never happen in my game. Please let me know where did u notice that as it's a bug eventually, but never been the case so far.

Tx again,

mm75

#384 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

It's true I added BG2 creatures, but ONLY where appropriate and it is quite fair ...
Are you recreating the .cre files and checking their stats(the assigned creature level) ? I only ask cause the SCS can be really punishing if you run into a 30th level mage... that say was actually just capable of casting magic missiles on the original game but... As now he has a full spell book and all the spells memorized.
I am not aware that the BGSpawns has this fault... every mod should look out for it.

Yep, there's the mage/thief(10/9) Borda in the Xvart village(ar4700) in the original BG1 game that was selling a few scrolls... he is way overpowered, especially as the SCS tends to give the +2 mage levels on top of the original char. So now instead of the Shield, Horror, Magic missiles and Melf's Acid arrows, he throws down Protection from Magic Weapons, Ice Storm and Sun Fire or Summon Monsters III. :devil:

Also please regarding 3a of your point:
It happens in BGT-weidu's normal spawn system after you save and reload the saves a few times in the same area... it is because the already spawned creatures do not occupy the spawn point/tricker at the time the game loads the area.

Edited by The Imp, 07 February 2015 - 05:40 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#385 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

@ melkor: Can i put you under the third degree?

#386 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Not sure I got what u mean ... :(

mm75

#387 -machine_pharaoh-

-machine_pharaoh-

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Hi folks, 

I hope this is the right place to post this.  I'm playing BGT as per Atropos' guide (http://tamrielfoundr...ate-experience/) and

I'm having a crash issue with a spawn-- it's occurring on the catwalks above the courtyard of the d'Arnise keep.  There is a large mixed spawn of trolls including; regular, giant, spectral, spirit, and an ice troll.  The game crashes, I think when one of these creatures pops.

The error reads:

TLonZTb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!  I know I can just reload until I get a different spawn, but I worry about it none the less.  

#388 -Assemble-

-Assemble-

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

Still would love to see a less intrusive, subtler version of this mod that results in something a bit closer to the original BG1 gameplay/balance; until then I'll pass on this mod.

#389 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:56 AM

Still would love to see a less intrusive, subtler version of this mod that results in something a bit closer to the original BG1 gameplay/balance; until then I'll pass on this mod.

Unfortunately that's not the aim of the mod. As it has been thought with BGT in mind and the chance to use many mods around, the real aim is just to give some more challenging but realistic spawns instead of the fixed (and boring) ones in the original game.

If you look for some encounter as it was in original BG1 (so fixed creatures) I'm sorry but I fear this mod is not for you :(

Cheers!

mm75

#390 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

I would like to know why you chose using scripts instead of ARE spawn points, as I will be doing something... similar, I guess, in the future.

#391 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

I would like to know why you chose using scripts instead of ARE spawn points, as I will be doing something... similar, I guess, in the future.

Well,

lot of years passed since I wrote the mod, honestly what I recall is just that I used as template the old BgTutu spawn system for that and it was easier even to implement with BGT ... sorry but I'm missing modding for very long time now even if I'm still from time to time around ;)

mm75

#392 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:37 AM

no one to convert this mod for BG EE ? :ermm:

#393 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:12 AM

There are BWP fixes available for this mod. 

Edited by Arthas, 15 January 2020 - 05:13 AM.

#394 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:54 AM

There are BWP fixes available for this mod. 
It might be helpful to point to the fix in the BWS fixpack files...or where ever you find the thing, so people don't need to go look around their buts to find what's where.

Edited by The Imp, 15 January 2020 - 06:55 AM.

#395 Henanigan

Henanigan
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:10 AM

Hi, I've updated the BGSpawn mod to work with EET. A little more involved than just updating the tp2 file, so patching it may be a pain though

Edited by Henanigan, 16 March 2020 - 02:15 PM.

#396 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:21 PM

Hi, I've updated the BGSpawn mod to work with EET. A little more involved than just updating the tp2 file, so patching it may be a pain though

Where can we download your version of BGspawns please ? 

#397 Henanigan

Henanigan
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:59 AM

Hi, it's still available at http://fradmo.alterv...bgspawn_upd.zip

Thanks for checking!

#398 LeMarvin

LeMarvin
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:22 AM

Hi, it's still available at http://fradmo.alterv...bgspawn_upd.zip

Thanks for checking!

Hi,

I've checked your updated version of BGSpawn on a fresh EET installation, and I am facing a problem ; all the intermaps "you have been waylaid..." are systematically empty, with no enemy.

Anybody facing same problem?

#399 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:14 PM

Is this mod natively EET compatible?  If not, that's a likely problem.

#400 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:10 AM

Is this mod natively EET compatible?  If not, that's a likely problem.

Could you please tell me how that is a problem ?

It's said in this very thread that this is a BGT-weidu mod, nothing else... as in, don't make assumptions. And please stop filling forums full of fullish requests of EET compatibility confirmations, it's a waste of time, when you could yourself just install the mod and try to play and find out for yourself and others, and then confirm such in a post you would normally post the request at. And just say, "This mod installs on EET, natively." or the like.