BGSpawn

EET BGT

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#341 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

I have a fixed ready version of the mod but it seems i'm not able to upload it :(

For those interested i can upload to an external site eventually ...

Have you contacted K'aeloree about your upload problems?

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#342 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have a fixed ready version of the mod but it seems i'm not able to upload it :(

For those interested i can upload to an external site eventually ...

Have you contacted K'aeloree about your upload problems?

10th

I did ... I'm waiting for the site to fix the upload page, but my "Ping" has been of some time ago indeed ... checking again, tx ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#343 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hey there mm75 :cheers:

I'm on a nice little BWPExpert install and love those little encounters between areas now ^_^ Desert trolls, Minotaurs and Giant Stick Insects (got this one in a BoneHill area :lol:) all awesome and stuff :D

A minor peeve I have right now - after getting to level 7 with a full party - most area spawns (inside an area, not the travel spawns :P) seem to only spawn the 'Orc party group' (Elites, Archers, Priests and omgwtfbbw Mages)... and with SCS installed, those Orc mages (being level 12) get a truckload of nasty spells :o Chromatic Orbs that can kill, Teleport Fields, Lesser Globes of Invulnerability and that friggin Air Servant bastard that always goes invisible and seems to wanna backstab the shit out of Imoen :(

I'm guessing they weren't a problem in non-SCS installs (they only have basic spells in non-SCS installs) but can the quantity of mages in general in spawns be toned down please? :P I had my first Orc party spawn in the BoneHill areas (and I was like OK, sure they die :D) Then a few levels later, we have the Priests spawning with Mages and shit just goes down from there :crying:

For a randomly spawning group, 3 mages is probably overkill no? ^_^
(yes I play like a n00b so please bear with me :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#344 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thanks Lollorian for your input.

Well, the only reasonable change to do is adding a SCS check and eventually apply some changes. I also got other feedbacks complaining about mages and SCS, but this is more due to SCS mage component than my mod. I know that it's difficult to handle 3 Orc mages with SCS installed, but ... this is my personal consideration: you can face orcs in the very wild area of the game, so that makes sense anyway, it's part of the mod to have challenges far from the civilized areas. This is also true with Sirines for example, they are really hard to fight with SCS installed. Also, "reload" is a big help, I know :P

I will consider applying some changes with SCS detection eventually, but that would take lot of time and currently i'm quite busy with work and RL. But SCS is really a nice mod so I would like to have my mod "balanced" with that installed as well. I hope to have stime to work on it in future.

mm75

PS: eventually I can have my own orc mages here so that I can tone down their levels and SCS won't be too much anymore ... ;)

#345 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

1.12 released.

Changes: fix for Random Encounters between areas (now no more delay in creature spawning).

mm75

#346 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

@melkor: Re: This file has been reported as broken because: Archive corrupted (winrar).

I have this file and WinRar shows that there is an issue with it, but it extracts fine.  I will PM a good, error-free, repack to you if you want; though it will probably have a slightly different size to the original, so BWS for BWP may require a minor Mod.ini amendment as a result.

Edited by Test Person, 25 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#347 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

The archive is not corrupted. It is SHS downloads which is partially broken and does not let you download files correctly. I've reported that several times.

Edited by ScuD, 26 January 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#348 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

The archive is not corrupted. It is SHS downloads which is partially broken and does not let you download files correctly. I've reported that several times.

I've had no problems downloading from this forum. - I will try and find the man pages for the board (if open source; otherwise the manual) and see what the limitations are on downloading, - that, to me, is most likely where the problem lies.

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#349 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Eventually I can upload temporarily somewhere else ... just let me know (or pm your email),

tx,

mm75

#350 -alex_tank-

-alex_tank-

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

I have a quick question please, I couldn't find an answer on these forums or though Google sorry.

If I start a game from BG1, after I kill Sarevok and I'm in Amn and I'm playing BG2, can I still return to all the Baldur's Gate 1 areas?

#351 alex_tank

alex_tank
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

I beg your pardon I'm an idiot and didn't log, I can't delete the last post.

It's posted in the wrong place too isn't it, sorry!

#352 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Something I've been meaning to post for some time:

Would it be possible that you offer the spawn component with some different options?

Namely:

- one option which will always give you the most difficult spawns = those normally reserved for a party of 6 with level 8 or higher party members

- another one, which will always give you the most difficult spawns for the level your highest leveled party member has = only those spawns normally reserved for a party of 6

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#353 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hey Melkor,

I think there is a incompatibility with the  SCS V24  component whitch realocated bounty hunter in folowing  random encounters area. :

AR 4700 4701 4800, 4801   4900   4901 5100 5101 5400

DavidW add these lines at the top of the script and I think it makes impossible for the script to read your lines :

IF
    Global("DMWWSpawnMolkar","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreature("drakar",[710.478],0) // Drakar
        CreateCreature("halaca",[569.592],0) // Halacan
        CreateCreature("morvin",[884.525],0) // Morvin
        CreateCreature("molkar",[824.684],0) // Molkar
        SetGlobal("DMWWSpawnMolkar","GLOBAL",0)
        SetGlobalTimer("DMWWSuppressRandoms","GLOBAL",FOUR_HOURS)
END

IF
    Global("DMWWSpawnLamalha","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreature("zeela",[710.478],0) // Zila
        CreateCreature("telka",[569.592],0) // Telka
        CreateCreature("maneir",[884.525],0) // Maneïra
        CreateCreature("lamalh",[824.684],0) // Lamalha
        SetGlobal("DMWWSpawnLamalha","GLOBAL",0)
        SetGlobalTimer("DMWWSuppressRandoms","GLOBAL",FOUR_HOURS)
END

IF
    GlobalTimerNotExpired("DMWWSuppressRandoms","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        NoAction()
END

Thanks again for  for this amazing mod :new_thumbs:

#354 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hi all,

being busy with RL ...

tx  DrAzTiK for the report, but I don't see why those lines should make BGSpawn incompatible ..... any more info please? Also I saw SCS is not at 24 version ...

@10th .... hmmm dunnow how to implement that honestly, as all the "random" chances have been "embedded" within the codes for the spawn. Too much a pain really sorry.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 07 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#355 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi all,

being busy with RL ...

tx  DrAzTiK for the report, but I don't see why those lines should make BGSpawn incompatible ..... any more info please? Also I saw SCS is not at 24 version ...

@10th .... hmmm dunnow how to implement that honestly, as all the "random" chances have been "embedded" within the codes for the spawn. Too much a pain really sorry.

mm75

Well, in my current playtrough, your creatures only appears if I delete the SCS lines.  If I keep the   SCS lines, I encounter the vanilla creatures . (aka one dog)

I will try do do some more test.

Edited by DrAzTiK, 07 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#356 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well, in my current playtrough, your creatures only appears if I delete the SCS lines.  If I keep the SCS lines, I encounter the vanilla creatures . (aka one dog).
Well, no need to test ! That's the purpose of the thing... you encounter the assassins... and for the next 4 hours, the randoms won't bother you as it might take some time to first kill the idiots and then rest... as it usually takes a rest to heal up the group and cast the best spells etc. DAH...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#357 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yup currently there is no compatibility issue with that,

mm75

#358 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I meant the following with always most difficult:

Instead of
IF 
NumInParty(1)
      THEN
                Stuff
END
IF 
NumInParty(6)
      THEN
                Stuff
END
Only the spawn-blocks for NumInParty(6) are present - obviously without the NumInParty().

10th

#359 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Instead of

IF 
NumInParty(1)
      THEN
                Stuff
END
IF 
NumInParty(6)
      THEN
                Stuff
END

Only the spawn-blocks for NumInParty(6) are present - obviously without the NumInParty().

10th

Didnt get sorry mate ... what are u suggesting?

tx,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 08 October 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#360 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Take FW01231.baf for example:

instead of:

Spoiler

you'd have this:

Spoiler

which is the original NumInParty(6) script block, without NumInParty(6). And that for the whole script.

10th