Progress report

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#141 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:56 AM

Can you give an estimate on the release?

#142 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:16 AM

I'll let Cuv do that, since I always seem to be a tad over-optimistic. I'd say content completion this year, with release being dictated by the progress of beta testing next.

#143 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:50 PM

I'd say July 2005 isn't *that* optimistic. Hehe ;-)

#144 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:07 AM

I'll let Cuv do that, since I always seem to be a tad over-optimistic.

"a tad"... Don't be so harsh with yourself! :P
Your previsions are fine. It's just that they assume:

-Things going smooth at the first attempt (always)
-Paradigm efficiency (team members operating as a Collective Mind)
-No time needed for assembling/integrating different coding parts
-Team members actually working on the mod 24h/day

:D :P

Anyway, I've just "finished" to code another 34 pages-long dialog.
Almost two months of work, more than 9300 lines of code.
We proceede...

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#145 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

My team members would obviously do well to match my perfection.

#146 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:27 AM

*points at the several corrections noted in the last .doc*
:lol: :P

#147 -guest man of death and strange s-

-guest man of death and strange s-

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:58 AM

god the anticipation.....

#148 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:48 AM

Are you in bug fixing phase or there are still major parts being worked out?
Avenger

#149 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:06 PM

*points at the several corrections noted in the last .doc*
:lol: :P

I dictate to others. When they are unable to correctly type out my intentions, then I have them punished appropriately.

We are always bugfixing, but we have not finished including content yet, no.

Edited by Quitch, 30 August 2004 - 02:07 PM.

#150 -Deraldin-

-Deraldin-

Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:32 PM

Is there a chance that we may yet be able to play this mod before the end of the year? :unsure:

I remember when you guys first started work on this mod. What version of the mod are you on now?

#151 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:47 AM

The version system is rather... vauge. I prefer to track it by WeiDU. We started work before WeiDU, used WeiDU at v14 and WeiDU is now at v155.

#152 -Total_Ninja-

-Total_Ninja-

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:34 AM

after what feels like a liftime of waiting for this mod(in a god way) im beginning to doubt that there actually is a mod.. appart from a couple screenies now and then that could be put together in about 10 minutes by a decent modder i havent seen much proof that there is or will be a playable mod.... i dont actually think that the whole mod is a time consuming malicius prank.. but hey.. where all a little bit of a paranoid pessimist arent we...

i do remember on on the other hand som stuff that cuv leaked about the mod about a year ago... i wont say what though, in case you havent changed it i dont want to spoil anything for anyone.. but i will say that it did seem a bit... umm cliche and att the same time very unexpected...if anyone knows what i mean.. i doubt it though... lets see if we can make ourselves understod and att the same time be a little more cryptic.. "out of ovals come cliches... born from antagonists"... are we on the same page? or did i ruin somthing for somone?? hope not..

anyway.. hope to play rtw soon... being the optmist i am ive allready started a char in bg1 to play in rtw.. hope she wont have to wait to long

#153 -total_ninja-

-total_ninja-

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:53 AM

btw sorry about the spelling.. but im sick and tired..(yes im actually sick and tired)
and i guess im dislexic or somthing... terrible handicap if you like computers...

and once again,, looking very very much forward to playing your mod...

#154 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:17 AM

after what feels like a liftime of waiting for this mod(in a god way) im beginning to doubt that there actually is a mod.. appart from a couple screenies now and then that could be put together in about 10 minutes by a decent modder i havent seen much proof that there is or will be a playable mod.... i dont actually think that the whole mod is a time consuming malicius prank.. but hey.. where all a little bit of a paranoid pessimist arent we...

rtw 3.2.6.rar 53MB. It's still there on my server. 27-08-03. A year old version.

Being paranoid is silly

#155 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:26 AM

i do remember on on the other hand som stuff that cuv leaked about the mod about a year ago... i wont say what though, in case you havent changed it i dont want to spoil anything for anyone.. but i will say that it did seem a bit... umm cliche and att the same time very unexpected...if anyone knows what i mean.. i doubt it though... lets see if we can make ourselves understod and att the same time be a little more cryptic.. "out of ovals come cliches... born from antagonists"... are we on the same page? or did i ruin somthing for somone?? hope not..

anyway.. hope to play rtw soon... being the optmist i am ive allready started a char in bg1 to play in rtw.. hope she wont have to wait to long

I've no idea what you're talking about, but feel free to PM me your thoughts.

I can assure you the mod does exist, and it is very much playable and not some shell we use to take screenshots of to taunt forum dwellers.

#156 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:00 AM

i heard rtw has the borg?

#157 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:55 PM

Hi Mikey :P

#158 rreinier

rreinier
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:44 AM

Anyway, repeating the question asked on the last page (and on every page before that, probably): have we a chance of seeing RTW released before this Christmas?

#159 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 04:12 AM

This is from my POV, but one can generally trust Littiz ;) :rolleyes:

Final release, after even the BETA testing and debugging phase?
Not possible.
I'll be very happy if we finish to input stuff for that time (this is hard, but possible).

BTW, the latest build is a couple of months old, and some stuff is to be inputted soon.

Edited by Littiz, 11 September 2004 - 04:14 AM.

#160 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:08 AM

Anyway, repeating the question asked on the last page (and on every page before that, probably): have we a chance of seeing RTW released before this Christmas?

I'd say no, but I do believe we will be at a bugfixing stage by then.