Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v7.0

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#341 -Peralta-

-Peralta-

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

What is the difference on downloading Recommended and Standard version?

Is it ok to Download all of standard and recommended in custimized then when you install choose install expert, so it install all the mods u downloaded. Also is it possible to use BWP if you dont have bg1?

#342 -rchange-

-rchange-

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

Not sure about how to post that since there is no topic specific to the BGT NSC Portraits mod.

One small issue I have noticed is about the portrait chosen for Kirinhale in Durlag's tower. She has the portrait of an old dwarf while she is supposed to be a nymph, that just doesn't feel right. :mellow:

#343 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

What is the difference on downloading Recommended and Standard version?

Well the amount of mods downloaded.

Recommend-version
The recommend mods depends on recommendations from gamers and modders from different BG game forums. This version is a small megamod and a solid basis. This version alone gives you much new game-experience and content and if you wish you can add some more of your lovely choosen mods to it. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The mods for this version are marked green in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Standard-version
Herewith you can install all mods which have not an absurd degree of difficulty or known bugs. You can take all these Standard-mods or choose the ones, you like. The Install.bat installs only the mods you have extracted into the BG2 main directory. The mods for this version are marked green and blue in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

The 'without BG1' should be option in the next BWS.

Is it ok to Download all of standard and recommended in custimized then when you install choose install expert, so it install all the mods u downloaded. Also is it possible to use BWP if you dont have bg1?

If you wish, I would go with Tactics, cause it's bug free...

Not sure about how to post that since there is no topic specific to the BGT NSC Portraits mod.
One small issue I have noticed is about the portrait chosen for Kirinhale in Durlag's tower. She has the portrait of an old dwarf while she is supposed to be a nymph, that just doesn't feel right. :mellow:

Ouh, but there is, after few seconds of Googling.Posted Image

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 July 2009 - 03:03 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#344 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

The 'without BG1' should be option in the next BWS.

No need to. It is al-rea-dy in-lu-ded.
(Why do we take our time to create helptexts when so many do not read them. -_- )
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#345 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

The 'without BG1' should be option in the next few BWS'es.

No need to. It is al-rea-dy inc-lu-ded.
(Why do we take our time to create helptexts when so many do not read them. -_- )

Yeah, you can REM the needed .bat lines, but, but, but, it's manual way... and it's a BWP option, not BWS. :P

#346 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

Nope.

If you look at the helptext at the left side while in the "folder-selection-screen", scroll down and you see an entry for BG2-only. So you just enter - in the BG1-folder-entry and continue. All BG1-entries will be removed from the mod-list and the batch will be modified like it was posted here some time ago (addin some gotos and marks).

That's exactly what you wanted - or am I wrong?

#347 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

Nope...

So why not automatically put the minus "-" into the slot? :P

#348 -Peralta-

-Peralta-

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

If you wish, I would go with Tactics, cause it's bug free...

So to choose tactic in the install, will install all standard and recommended mods that i downloaded with bws?

#349 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

So to choose tactic in the install, will install all standard and recommended mods that i downloaded with bws?

Yes. More or less so... As it will install all the mods and their components in the Standard and Recommended installations and any of the components that aren't in them, but are in the Tactic install too. So if you look at the link above, it will try install everything else but the gray colored mods, if they are in the installation directory 'available'(so the setup-*modname*.exe is there).

#350 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

@Jarno: Since we (or Leonardo) did not intend to built a BiG BG2/ToB World? :D
The fact that it is possible is just a side effect.

And I also bet that a lot of people just press continue and do not read the text (as we have seen above ;) ).
So some would not even wonder why there is a - in the folder-entry and miss BG1 later.

Edited by dabus, 26 July 2009 - 11:55 AM.

#351 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:16 AM

And I also bet that a lot of people just press continue and do not read the text (as we have seen above ;) ).

Quoted for truth!! :D

You could always create an extra "step" in the click-a-thon with a giant error sign (for attention grabs :devil: ) listing the do's and dont's, so that some people may atleast read through just to know what the GIANT error is for :D

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#352 -Arjento-

-Arjento-

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

Regarding v7...is it curruntly broken? Or can it still be installed sucessfully?

Really want to start playing withh BWP, but fearful v8 would be released after I download all the mods!

#353 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Maybe this series of posts might point somewhere :P (bolded for effect)

Since the last BWP release there were 63 new mod-versions released with changes which make the current BWP version unstable. At the moment we're at a point that you have to much changes to do, to get a good megamod running. Therefore if you want to do a new BWP installation I recommend to wait for the next BWP version.

This only works for links that do not change, like the ones from shs, which uses php to provide/link you to the current version. If the server does not support that, you will always get an old one.

To give the BWS the new locations and version information, a script is used to get the information from the linklist and upload a little file at the kerzenburg. This file is about 30-40 times smaller than the html-site itself. So this saves a load of bandwith for them.
This script has not been run since the time Leomar updated the site to fit with the new upcoming BWP8. This has been a few weeks. So there may be some mods that have been updated but the BWS does not find them (any more).

Running the script now will not make any sense, since a lot of the chapters do not fit to the old ones any more.

If you download and install the mods from list now, please be sure that you might miss upcoming fixes, hints about mods that are not compatible, installation order of the components and so on. So you may install and break it in one run. ;)

The problem is that we are now in a problematic situation, since v7 can't be installed anymore because of the v8 modules, and the v8 setup doesn't seem to be ready soon, meaning that clean big world installtions are currently impossible. :wacko:

So, in short, downloading from the linkliste is fine as long as you don't start the installation (using v7) right now. There have been major updates to some mods. AND you might like to know that many of the mods in the linklist are going to recieve major updates soon.

Eg: Spell Revisions v3, the G3 Fixpack, a Secret of BoneHill dialog revamp, Dark Horizons having problems with weapon proficiencies, the 1pp mods and more.

Even if the mods are released, the crew may decide to extend the time to test out the compatibilities before releasing a mainstream version.

So best bet would be, check out this forum regularly for any signs of v8, forget about v7 cause in Leomar's own words "if you want to do a new BWP installation I recommend to wait for the next BWP version" :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#354 -Peralta-

-Peralta-

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

But what is the time frame. will it take few months or more than ½ year. I know you guys cant tell when v8 is coming, but i have 3 months to play in only from september to november.

#355 -peralta-

-peralta-

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

i know u recommend to wait for the new version, but if u download and install with v7 aint it just the update of mods that wont install? or will it ruin and crash game or it wont find the mods?

#356 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

i know u recommend to wait for the new version, but if u download and install with v7 aint it just the update of mods that wont install? or will it ruin and crash game or it wont find the mods?

Well, as far as I know it, the downloads will be incorrectly named... which will make bad to become worse. What I suggest to do is to prepare your computer for the BWS v8, and tyou do that by downloading the BWP v7.pdf and then look there what mods you wish to use, then manually download the newest version of them and put them into a single directory in the archive files they are when you download them... and then just wait until the BWS v8 comes out, download it and then run it, and whern it asks you for the download directory, give it the one you already posess, where the download archives are... this will shorten your downloading time and so you get to the game faster...

#357 Uri

Uri
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

Well, as far as I know it, the downloads will be incorrectly named... which will make bad to become worse.

i found only one mod Volcano Pack it was incorrectly named, but i didn't check npc mods. I did of cours expert version
i've got also problems whith non-packed exe mods and Dungeon Crawl had some isues. (i unpacked them by my self).

Now im still testing this version, after all i will tell some words how it work 8)

#358 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

Greetings,

A quick question if I may regarding an updated mod.

As of July 31st, aTweaks was updated and the Big World Setup is looking for a lower version. Do I download the lower version or rename the new one?

Also says it can not find the BGT_NPC_PORTRAITS_V1.6, go to the site to download it, but it too was update to 1.7 and no lower version is present. Suggestions?

#359 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Scroll to Post #353

#360 -Lathaon-

-Lathaon-

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Probably been reported already but I just thought I'd mention two things I noticed. I'm on the Tactics version.

1) The Gauntlets of Power Attacks cause ranged weapons to do hundreds of damage per hit. In the description, it says nothing about having any effect on ranged weapons.

2) I found a letter somewhere in the Forest of Forgotten Souls which says something like "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things" and sells for 100GP. The problem is, you can make the quantity overflow to 2 ^ 16 by having a character read it in a quick slot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of magical effect other than this. Just a minor thing really, seeing as though it's easily avoided.