BiG World Project (BWP) v7.0

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#361 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

1) The Gauntlets of Power Attacks cause ranged weapons to do hundreds of damage per hit. In the description, it says nothing about having any effect on ranged weapons.

That's a bug from the Item Revision mod...

2) I found a letter somewhere in the Forest of Forgotten Souls which says something like "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things" and sells for 100GP. The problem is, you can make the quantity overflow to 2 ^ 16 by having a character read it in a quick slot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of magical effect other than this. Just a minor thing really, seeing as though it's easily avoided.

I am prity sure that item is from one of the old Big Picture mods(SoS, TDD)... now you do know that you can drop the item. :P
As the item might have been a money cheat and 'we are not the police'.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#362 -Arjento-

-Arjento-

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:51 AM

Any update if version 8 is plodding along well?

Thanks.

#363 Theon

Theon
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

Ah, people...

This must be the calm before the storm. :D

Hence the codename for BWP_v8.0 should be Project Storm. 8)

So, dear devs, any news? Is there any progress, or are you sitting on the beach looking gorgeous gals having fun, enjoying some well-deserved recreation? Please tell. :)

#364 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

Is there any progress, or are you sitting on the beach looking gorgeous gals having fun, enjoying some well-deserved recreation?

:new_bottom: <- Theon
:Tasty: <-Me :devil:

The BWP will be done when it's done afaik. If I could, I'd make a list of all the waitin-to-be-updated mods but ... too many :P

Seeing that Linkliste is still being updated, I'd reckon they're still as much as working on it as before (even if they're ... ahem ... distracted :naughty: )

But yeah, regular (possibly weekly) updates over here would also help keep our hopes up :rolleyes: Just look at how much Leomar got praised on his last comment (about the Spanish translations) :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: w00t :woot: 100th post :D

Edited by Lollorian, 17 August 2009 - 06:15 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#365 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

Probably been reported already but I just thought I'd mention two things I noticed. I'm on the Tactics version.

1) The Gauntlets of Power Attacks cause ranged weapons to do hundreds of damage per hit. In the description, it says nothing about having any effect on ranged weapons.

2) I found a letter somewhere in the Forest of Forgotten Souls which says something like "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things" and sells for 100GP. The problem is, you can make the quantity overflow to 2 ^ 16 by having a character read it in a quick slot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of magical effect other than this. Just a minor thing really, seeing as though it's easily avoided.

first: you can fix this yourself if you take away the effect that reduces ranged damage. it actually causes all ranged weapons to wreck havoc because damage would be 0 or < 0 so it causes hundreds of damage since 0 damage is not possible. I think it did -2 damage to all ranged weapons. ( I think the effect was a "Damage Bonus" and -2 on the item. look at the item with NearInfinity and remove that particular effect. )

second: only scrolls, wands, potions ( and special items with a flag of some sort ) are useable in quickslots. this item is probably labeled as scroll and thus useable. if you set it from "scroll" to "misc" then it won't be useable anymore. but the scroll is from DSoTSC and i doubt there are going to be anymore fixes.

#366 -requiem11-

-requiem11-

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

hello, i wish know if french users can use this mod without using the exe to put some mods in french (if its possible) and not in german/english.
and if there was a tutorial for others country players than english/german to use this mod without using english/german langage if the traduction is available for others mods (like CTB...)

#367 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Well, you can grab weidu and do this on every mods tp2-file.

WeiDU.exe --nogame --list-languages Setup-XYZ.tp2

Edit the batch to fit your needs.
(Like replacing every German-line with a French one.)

Or did you not want to hear that? :unsure:
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#368 -requiem11-

-requiem11-

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

huhu, not really :D
On the french community website, we have a tutorial with the order of installation mods (in order)

- BG2:SOA/BG2: TOB with last patch.
- BG2 FixPack (in french)
- The Darkest Day (in english)
- Check the Bodies (in french)
- Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU (in french)
- Big Picture-WeiDU (in french)
- Worldmap (in english)

So i guess we have to use BWP7.0 at the end of all this mod's installations. but i dont know really how to setup the BWP when we install this mods before.

#369 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

Well, you can do as I said, grab the english version/installer and replace the english version-number with a french one.
It is not that complicated, is it?

And you do not want to install mods after you did what you have installed. I don't think that that order would be good enough.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#370 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:04 PM

hello, i wish know if french users can use this mod without using the exe to put some mods in french (if its possible) and not in german/english.

Hi,
I'm French too and I play most mods in French (when available), and until now, I have always modified install.bat the way dabus has just explained to you above.

However, dabus also said once (here) that we can try to change "SET L=.exe --language" to "SET L=.exe" in the install.bat.
Pros : you can choose the language for each mod
Cons : the installation is not fully automatic anymore
I didn't try this solution (I will do that the next time I install a BWP game) but I think it's the best for people that don't want to install everything in English or German.

#371 -Treebiter-

-Treebiter-

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi all

Firstly, a big thanks to all involved. This looks like it may very well suck up a dangerous amount of my time.

I have a somewhat strange question. During the command prompt installation section I pressed ctrl-p in an atempt to pause the process. It then jumped to the final checking stage. Was this mere coincidence or did I muck-up the install?

Thanks

#372 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Hi all I am new on forums although I am not new to BG moding and BWP. First of all, big thanks to all of you involved in this great project, especially to Leonardo for his hard work and amazing idea. I remember when I first discovered modding for BG and BG 2. There was some great mods but I was always thinking how great would it be if they could be brought together in one big adventure. And when I first saw BWP I couldn't believe my eyes :) and my first thought was, 'this man read my mind' :) So again big thanks to you Leonardo and to all of you who are helping this great project.

Ok here is what I want to know. I am going for the BWP installation with setup for the first time. I want to install standard version, but I would like to exclude some mods that I dont like (like 'one day npc') and include some that are not from standard version, but not all of them. Just few from tactical and expert version that I like. Also I would like to modify few components from mods manualy (i know how to do that).
Can I pick standard version in setup and exclude some mods? Also can I download other mods without downloading every tactical and expert mod or must I do this manualy and then unpack them to BWP folder? Can I modify install bat before installation, to include this mods in standard version and to change some components and then run installation through setup? Or setup starts installation immediately after downloading mods?

Edited by Februarius, 18 November 2010 - 06:00 AM.

#373 -Bulldogc-

-Bulldogc-

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

Love the mods sofar, i just got it installed and i noticed that most of the locations on the world map that arnt towns have speach text instead of names. is there a fix for this?

#374 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Love the mods sofar, i just got it installed and i noticed that most of the locations on the world map that arnt towns have speach text instead of names. is there a fix for this?

Try to start a new game after you have installed all the mod/ran the BWS, not load a save made previously as the texts change everytime you install a single mod, and only the savegames that are started after the mods were installed are appropriate, and no, it is impossible to make a fix for this other than what I just said.

And you should note that this is expired thread, as you should probably have posted here... but.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 November 2010 - 01:17 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#375 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I just finished downloading most of the mods. I ran into the following glitches(this may be a multiple post as Im doing a line-by-line check of the Debug):

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:
Baldur's Gate Trilogy 1.11: The Mod itself (BGT111-Install.rar)*
Super Firkraag 1.4: The Mod itself (SuperFirkv14.exe)
Volcanic Armoury 1.4: The Mod itself (VolcanicArmoury1.4.rar)
Alcool 0.11: The Mod itself (Alcool_v0.11.zip)
*Cannot proceed installation without this essential mod.

BGT could not be downloaded! :wacko: This is the main reason Im making this post without troubleshooting it myself first. Im worried that something went seriously wrong. For the sake of completeness I will include everythig that 'went wrong' but a few of them are of no consequence (Super Fiirkrag, Volcanic Armoury, and Alcool dont seem to be that important...sorry to the devs of those mods...just dont want to hose an install over such small additions).

First issue in the Debug, Forest of Tethyr patch:

15:42:41 (296.80 KB/s) - `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Tethyr_Forest_Patch_3b.7z' saved [558616/558616]

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>Download of Tethyr_Forest_Patch_3b.7z successful.

"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:mega --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\RoT2.zip" "http://www.shsforums...ownload&id=325"
--15:42:42-- http://www.shsforums...download&id=325
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\RoT2.zip'
Resolving www.shsforums.net... done.
Connecting to www.shsforums.net[72.34.58.34]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 351,388,983 (351,388,983 to go) [application/zip]

0K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 0% 490.19 KB/s
3072K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 1% 677.25 KB/s
6144K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 2% 521.21 KB/s
9216K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 3% 509.12 KB/s
12288K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 4% 595.81 KB/s
15360K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 5% 594.54 KB/s
18432K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 6% 586.60 KB/s
21504K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 7% 571.96 KB/s
24576K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 8% 544.68 KB/s
27648K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 8% 584.59 KB/s
30720K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 9% 712.10 KB/s
33792K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 10% 728.83 KB/s
36864K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 11% 601.06 KB/s
39936K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 12% 601.88 KB/s
43008K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 13% 720.62 KB/s
46080K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 14% 663.64 KB/s
49152K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 15% 649.06 KB/s
52224K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 16% 363.85 KB/s
55296K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 17% 679.95 KB/s
58368K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 17% 602.59 KB/s
61440K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 18% 677.10 KB/s
64512K ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ 19% 619.73 KB/s
67584K ........ ...... 19% 563.62 KB/s

15:46:04 (589.99 KB/s) - Read error at byte 70145028/351388983 (No such file or directory). Retrying.

--15:46:04-- http://www.shsforums...download&id=325
(try: 2) => `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\RoT2.zip'
Connecting to www.shsforums.net[72.34.58.34]:80... failed: Bad file descriptor.
Retrying.

--15:46:04-- http://www.shsforums...download&id=325
(try: 3) => `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\RoT2.zip'
Connecting to www.shsforums.net[72.34.58.34]:80... failed: Bad file descriptor.
Giving up.

#376 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Next issue seems strange to me, isnt this the BGT download?

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>

Fetching update-site to try autoupdating the links...
BWS_Linkupdates-20110314_0.7z has been downloaded before.
Archive BGT111-Install.rar could not be found at http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=54.
"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\JondalarFix.zip" "http://www.shsforums...ownload&id=934"
--15:46:20-- http://www.shsforums...download&id=934
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\JondalarFix.zip'
Resolving www.shsforums.net... done.
Connecting to www.shsforums.net[72.34.58.34]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 611,955 (611,955 to go) [application/zip]

0K ................ ................ ................ 64% 310.93 KB/s
384K ................ .......... 100% 518.48 KB/s

Im assuming that other parts of it could not be downloaded later in the install as this shows 100% despite my final message saying BGT didnt install.

#377 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Azenmod error (or did it actually download?):

23:31:18 (721.84 KB/s) - `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\AzenMOD_v5.rar' saved [4804549/4804549]

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>Download of AzenMOD_v5.rar successful.

"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Encounters.rar" "http://forums.chosen...downfile;id=53"
--23:31:19-- http://forums.chosen...=downfile;id=53
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Encounters.rar'
Resolving forums.chosenofmystra.net... done.
Connecting to forums.chosenofmystra.net[69.163.250.254]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OKSyntax error in Set-Cookie: premature end of string.

Length: unspecified [application/octet-stream]

0K ................ ................ ................ 313.73 KB/s
384K ................ ................ 518.56 KB/s

#378 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Arena error?

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>Download of arena_v1.zip successful.

"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\am-v5.rar" "http://forums.chosen...downfile;id=75"
--23:31:56-- http://forums.chosen...=downfile;id=75
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\am-v5.rar'
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OKSyntax error in Set-Cookie: premature end of string.

0K ................ ................ ................ 284.23 KB/s
384K ................ ................ ...... 445.28 KB/s

#379 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

Im thinking these actually downloaded despite not saying 100%. I will not put anymore of these in my posts:

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>Download of Enhanced_BG2_v1.1.zip successful.

"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Foodmod_v103.7z" "http://forums.chosen...=downfile;id=6"
--23:33:40-- http://forums.chosen...a=downfile;id=6
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Foodmod_v103.7z'

0K ................ ................ ................ 320.80 KB/s
384K ................ .............. 568.18 KB/s

#380 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

Uhg, I know I said I wouldnt put anymore of these in but its YASRAENA guys :devil:

C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>Download of Yasraena_v12.rar successful.

"C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Alora1_3.rar" "http://forums.chosen...downfile;id=25"
--23:40:41-- http://forums.chosen...=downfile;id=25
=> `C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Alora1_3.rar'

0K ................ ................ ................ 313.47 KB/s
384K ................ ................ ................ 432.43 KB/s
768K ................ ................ ................ 467.15 KB/s
1152K ................ ................ ................ 526.75 KB/s
1536K ................ ................ ................ 480.60 KB/s
1920K ................ ................ ................ 481.20 KB/s
2304K ......... 439.54 KB/s