jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

heres a few areas ive created quickly that have some potential:

first:
Attached File  jk0400.bmp   6.25MB   428 downloads

second:
02.GIF

im considering modding the map and uploading them as new area to download if any1 would like to use them, i will be creating more areas and maybe my own mod ill keep you posted :)

#2 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

What sort of scale is this? IE, how big is a character on it?

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

What sort of scale is this? IE, how big is a character on it?

For the second picture, I do think it is on 1:1, so the picture is 2560x2560, the shown colors are off cause the saving format is a gif, not a .png made from the .bmp which would be huge...

Now for the second, I would suggest 1 image pixel per 1 real pixels, but I look at this in picture with 1920x1200 monitor, so I definitely can't tell, 1 from 3.2...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 May 2009 - 12:37 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Well, I want to know how much room there is on the ship, of course!

Icen

#5 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Cool stuff. :new_thumbs:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

I like this stuff. Area makers are very valued and very rare modders, so you're right in coming here. :)

Can you make a new Underdark area? I mean, if you could, I could maybe make an interesting Underdark-related mod. :)

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:59 AM

Wow awesome :)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#8 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:26 AM

I like this stuff. Area makers are very valued and very rare modders, so you're right in coming here. :)

Can you make a new Underdark area? I mean, if you could, I could maybe make an interesting Underdark-related mod. :)

yh i will be creating many more areas and an underdark area would be very interesting ill post more areas up here soon

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

New area created, various areas created in IE tileset map editor

Meaning this? Or?
Hmm, perhaps I should try it too to create that illusive little cave in nowhere...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

New area created, various areas created in IE tileset map editor

Meaning this? Or?
Hmm, perhaps I should try it too to create that illusive little cave in nowhere...

yep uve got the right tool very easy to use and have a go a creating some maps would be interesting to see what u have made

#11 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

yh i will be creating many more areas and an underdark area would be very interesting ill post more areas up here soon

Cool! I'm not an area maker, but for one of my mods I used WoRM areas, here:
http://forums.blackw...?showtopic=1004

If you can make the files, I'd do the rest. :)

And, yeah, great ships. Reminds me of an old Russian Corsairs game; I used to play it when I was a student.

#12 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

heres another area i created a desert theme could be part of calisman or a southern city hope you enjoy and i can upload any of these areas if requested for a mod :)

jk0500.GIF

#13 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

Wow, that is really, really good. I can see it as a bazaar, filled to the brim with people.

Icen

#14 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

These are some really incredible stuff :) Feel like nabbing you in PM lol.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#15 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

heres another area i made its the center of a busy city with a market area, water nearby and a special show area that could be for a mad magican or possibly some sort of show enjoy this 1 and it is avaliable upon request along with any other of my maps if you need any of these for a mod :)

jk0900.GIF

#16 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

jk1989jk yours areas sre just.... Fantastic!! :rolleyes:

#17 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Eh, there are a few places where some of the buildings don't quite blend into the landscape as well as one'd hope, but it's fairly minor. These are indeed nice - very impressive if you're just starting out - and you clearly have a lot of potential.

Do you have any interest in doing a few areas on request?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#18 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:16 AM

Eh, there are a few places where some of the buildings don't quite blend into the landscape as well as one'd hope, but it's fairly minor. These are indeed nice - very impressive if you're just starting out - and you clearly have a lot of potential.

Do you have any interest in doing a few areas on request?

yh i know the blending isnt great but these areas were made in a short space of time like 50 mins but i will try 2 sort this out on other areas and yh if u have an ideas i will be happy to try them :)

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

Can I suggest you save them as jpeg rather than .gif? Chances are it'll look much better, and might even load faster, as well.

#20 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

Can I suggest you save them as jpeg rather than .gif? Chances are it'll look much better, and might even load faster, as well.

no probs K'aeloree this new map is in jpeg and is a very old and overgrown graveyard long forgotten i will also post this in the saverok romance post as requested, this is the first design and may be edited:)

jk1200.JPG