• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Is it just me or is the BPSeries_v400 package kinda ... not quite right?? :unsure: The baf's are out of the baf folder, there's only an english setup.tra (no french or german ... which isn't in the language folder) and the Setup.exe is also inside the package :o

Yes, I just checked it. It's whacky. Zip Genius isn't too good at zip files, I'm discovering. I redid the package with it, and it came out the same shredded mess.

So, try a good old rar. BPSeriesv400a.rar, on the top post. It extracts nice, I tested. Only difference between the original and this version, is the packaging actually worked. Sorry for the mess, enjoy at last. I'm not kidding, and I've tried just about every version made at one point or other. These scripts really kick arse.

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

These scripts really kick arse.

I loved the v3.1, now I'm probably gonna die of awe with the v4 :coolthumb: Thanks a million!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Is it just me or is the BPSeries_v400 package kinda ... not quite right?? :unsure: The baf's are out of the baf folder, there's only an english setup.tra (no french or german ... which isn't in the language folder) and the Setup.exe is also inside the package :o

Yes, I just checked it. It's whacky. Zip Genius isn't too good at zip files, I'm discovering. I redid the package with it, and it came out the same shredded mess.

So, try a good old rar. BPSeriesv400a.rar, on the top post. It extracts nice, I tested. Only difference between the original and this version, is the packaging actually worked. Sorry for the mess, enjoy at last. I'm not kidding, and I've tried just about every version made at one point or other. These scripts really kick arse.

Everything looks great! Thanks for souping these up Plague style.

:new_thumbs: Oooohhh and a BPBard script too! I wish I was talented. ^_^
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#44 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:10 AM

I am not sure what was going on here:

##### BPSeries v4.00a #####
### 0000: BPSeries v3.65 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague) ###
Setup-BPSeries.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[Setup-BPSeries.exe] WeiDU version 21500
[Setup-BPSeries.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Installing [BPSeries v4.00 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague)]
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Compiling 1 script ...

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 219 column 1-45
Near Text: )
[Specifics] argument [NEEDS_BREACH] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 222 column 1-52
[ChangeSpecifics] argument [NEEDS_BREACH] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 234 column 1-45

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 237 column 1-52

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 249 column 1-45

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 252 column 1-52

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 267 column 1-44
[Specifics] argument [HAS_SHIELDS] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 270 column 1-51
[ChangeSpecifics] argument [HAS_SHIELDS] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 285 column 1-44

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 288 column 1-51

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 303 column 1-44

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 306 column 1-51

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 313 column 1-43
[Specifics] argument [SIMULACRUM] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 324 column 1-50
[ChangeSpecifics] argument [SIMULACRUM] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 6028 column 1-31
[Specifics] argument [SIMULACRUM] not found in [Specific.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 6030 column 1-42
unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [SIMULACRUM]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf] ERROR at line 6030 column 1-42
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [BPSeries v4.00 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BPSERIES.DEBUG to seanas
Automatically Skipping [BPSeries v4.00 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague)] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS BPSeries v4.00 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague)

C:\BGT\BGII - SoA>ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [bpseries\baf\BPFT-CL.baf]!
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS BPSeries v4.00 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague)
BPSeries v3.65 by seanas (w/ revisions by Horred the Plague) (BPSeries v4.00a) was not installed due to errors.
The following will not be installed without the component:

BWP-Tactic-Installation. This should be everything relevant from the debug. I can also provide a weidu.log if necessary.

#45 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

I relly can't tell you much about a BWP install, as that's not my bid nor is this its forum. I can tell you with confidence this installs beautifully with just BP. Or, at least did before the weidu update. I'll post the relevant specific.ids code from the bp tp2 file. You can open yours in any text editor (look in your override folder, or in an editor like DLTCEP if you used an auto-biffer), and see if you have these entries. You probably don't. Why not, is the next question. Chances are it isn't BP. I won't say it's impossible, because the latest weidu already broke some things in the old code, in the process of 'fixing' them. (Sorry T.Bigg, it was just too ironic not to mention, hehe...I'm sure you did the right thing. ;) )

APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~5 UNDERDARK~ UNLESS ~UNDERDARK~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~6 SULDANESSALLAR~ UNLESS ~SULDANESSALLAR~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~103 PERSON_1~ UNLESS ~PERSON_1~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~104 PERSON_2~ UNLESS ~PERSON_2~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~105 PERSON_3~ UNLESS ~PERSON_3~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~106 PERSON_4~ UNLESS ~PERSON_4~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~107 PERSON_5~ UNLESS ~PERSON_5~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~108 PERSON_6~ UNLESS ~PERSON_6~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~109 PERSON_7~ UNLESS ~PERSON_7~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~110 PERSON_8~ UNLESS ~PERSON_8~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~111 PERSON_9~ UNLESS ~PERSON_9~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~112 PERSON_10~ UNLESS ~PERSON_10~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~113 SQUIRREL~ UNLESS ~SQUIRREL~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~114 P1Target~ UNLESS ~P1Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~115 P2Target~ UNLESS ~P2Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~116 P3Target~ UNLESS ~P3Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~117 P4Target~ UNLESS ~P4Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~118 P5Target~ UNLESS ~P5Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~119 P6Target~ UNLESS ~P6Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~123 Charmed~ UNLESS ~Charmed~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~124 NOTCHARMED~ UNLESS ~NOTCHARMED~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~205 NEEDS_BREACH~ UNLESS ~NEEDS_BREACH~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~207 SIMULACRUM~ UNLESS ~SIMULACRUM~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~211 HAS_SHIELDS~ UNLESS ~HAS_SHIELDS~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~212 HAS_SHIELD~ UNLESS ~HAS_SHIELD~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~214 PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS~ UNLESS ~PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~218 TRIED_ANTISHIELD~ UNLESS ~TRIED_ANTISHIELD~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~235 BHOSTILE_CREW~ UNLESS ~BHOSTILE_CREW~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~244 CALLED_FOR_BOULDER~ UNLESS ~CALLED_FOR_BOULDER~

Now, this is probably old-school weidu by now, it was written 5 years or so ago. TBH I haven't kept up much with the updates or changes since. I can't say it's the cause of your issue or not, the debug file for bp might have more answers really.

Lead production of a full-game scope project like Purgatorio might prevent me from making any real effort, to catch up, at least for the meantime. It's a hot seat in that chair, I assure you. :devil: But it keeps the blood flowing. Who knows, maybe one of the new-school weidu coders will be kind enough to drop an old modder a bread crumb? :lol:

Edited by horred the plague, 15 April 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#46 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

I relly can't tell you much about a BWP install, as that's not my bid nor is this its forum. I can tell you with confidence this installs beautifully with just BP. Or, at least did before the weidu update. I'll post the relevant specific.ids code from the bp tp2 file. You can open yours in any text editor (look in your override folder, or in an editor like DLTCEP if you used an auto-biffer), and see if you have these entries. You probably don't. Why not, is the next question. Chances are it isn't BP. I won't say it's impossible, because the latest weidu already broke some things in the old code, in the process of 'fixing' them. (Sorry T.Bigg, it was just too ironic not to mention, hehe...I'm sure you did the right thing. ;) )

APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~5 UNDERDARK~ UNLESS ~UNDERDARK~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~6 SULDANESSALLAR~ UNLESS ~SULDANESSALLAR~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~103 PERSON_1~ UNLESS ~PERSON_1~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~104 PERSON_2~ UNLESS ~PERSON_2~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~105 PERSON_3~ UNLESS ~PERSON_3~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~106 PERSON_4~ UNLESS ~PERSON_4~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~107 PERSON_5~ UNLESS ~PERSON_5~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~108 PERSON_6~ UNLESS ~PERSON_6~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~109 PERSON_7~ UNLESS ~PERSON_7~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~110 PERSON_8~ UNLESS ~PERSON_8~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~111 PERSON_9~ UNLESS ~PERSON_9~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~112 PERSON_10~ UNLESS ~PERSON_10~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~113 SQUIRREL~ UNLESS ~SQUIRREL~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~114 P1Target~ UNLESS ~P1Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~115 P2Target~ UNLESS ~P2Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~116 P3Target~ UNLESS ~P3Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~117 P4Target~ UNLESS ~P4Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~118 P5Target~ UNLESS ~P5Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~119 P6Target~ UNLESS ~P6Target~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~123 Charmed~ UNLESS ~Charmed~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~124 NOTCHARMED~ UNLESS ~NOTCHARMED~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~205 NEEDS_BREACH~ UNLESS ~NEEDS_BREACH~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~207 SIMULACRUM~ UNLESS ~SIMULACRUM~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~211 HAS_SHIELDS~ UNLESS ~HAS_SHIELDS~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~212 HAS_SHIELD~ UNLESS ~HAS_SHIELD~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~214 PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS~ UNLESS ~PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~218 TRIED_ANTISHIELD~ UNLESS ~TRIED_ANTISHIELD~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~235 BHOSTILE_CREW~ UNLESS ~BHOSTILE_CREW~
APPEND ~SPECIFIC.IDS~ ~244 CALLED_FOR_BOULDER~ UNLESS ~CALLED_FOR_BOULDER~

Now, this is probably old-school weidu by now, it was written 5 years or so ago. TBH I haven't kept up much with the updates or changes since. I can't say it's the cause of your issue or not, the debug file for bp might have more answers really.

Lead production of a full-game scope project like Purgatorio might prevent me from making any real effort, to catch up, at least for the meantime. It's a hot seat in that chair, I assure you. :devil: But it keeps the blood flowing. Who knows, maybe one of the new-school weidu coders will be kind enough to drop an old modder a bread crumb? :lol:

Fennek should have updated and responded as the problem was solved due to lack of the BP AI main component like I told him.

EDIT: Installed fine for me and I ninja-sliced my WeiDU log of the old version of BP Series and deleted the old scripts from the scripts folder :ph34r: .

Edited by Hoppy, 15 April 2010 - 03:45 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#47 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

Fennek should have updated and responded as the problem was solved due to lack of the BP AI main component like I told him.

Sorry about that. Nevertheless, the problem will be solved (BP Series only in BP AI install).

#48 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have this installed with TDD 1.12 for a check and SPMI118 does not exist for the BPMage scripts. Those TDD extensions skip SPMI118 altogether so should it be SPMI117 (Transmute Steal To Bone) or SPMI119 (Otiluke's Diamond Screen). Also I did not add anything for SPMI118 for TDD 1.13 and this error also existed in the 3.6... versions of BP Series.

Edited by Hoppy, 19 April 2010 - 05:55 PM.

- King Diamond

#49 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

Maybe this is relevant:

http://www.shsforums...post__p__485894

If not, sorry for spamming... :whistling:

#50 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

I have this installed with TDD 1.12 for a check and SPMI118 does not exist for the BPMage scripts. Those TDD extensions skip SPMI118 altogether so should it be SPMI117 (Transmute Steal To Bone) or SPMI119 (Otiluke's Diamond Screen). Also I did not add anything for SPMI118 for TDD 1.13 and this error also existed in the 3.6... versions of BP Series.

I think it was for the diamond screen, but it's hard to say from just a forum. Could have been a typo even..I'm sure you noted the length of those scripts, and errors like that don't come clean in a compiler all the time. I'll take a good look at the conditional block next time I get a chance, and it will probably be pretty obvious.

Otherwise than reporting the smaller bugs, how are the scripts working for everybody? I've had almost no feedback on whether they rock, or they suck. I think they rock, but my opinion could well be biased in this regard. :D

#51 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

I think it was for the diamond screen, but it's hard to say from just a forum. Could have been a typo even..I'm sure you noted the length of those scripts, and errors like that don't come clean in a compiler all the time. I'll take a good look at the conditional block next time I get a chance, and it will probably be pretty obvious.

Otherwise than reporting the smaller bugs, how are the scripts working for everybody? I've had almost no feedback on whether they rock, or they suck. I think they rock, but my opinion could well be biased in this regard. :D

I have just tried a little of the 4.00 flavor and I think they are a great improvement over the previous version. Mostly all my warnings are from spells that don't exist because I didn't install a certain mod or kit like with the thread that Fennek linked to.

Diamond screen makes sense but so does Transmute as well. Neither SPMI117 or SPMI119 were applied already so that is why I asked. Diamond screen is a little dangerous since there is no range in the trigger and diamond screen can hurt the party too and is very damaging affecting everything in the area of concentration.

Here is what I edited to the original block but with transmute since that is a single target spell and not a buff. Nothing for a fix, just an alternative maybe.

IF
	HaveSpellRES("SPMI117") // Transmute Steel To Bone
	OR(2)
		!GlobalTimerNotExpired("SPL_CAST","LOCALS")
		CheckStat(Myself,1,WIZARD_IMPROVED_ALACRITY)
	OR(2)
		ActionListEmpty()
		GlobalTimerNotExpired("INTERUPT","LOCALS")
	GlobalGT("THREAT","LOCALS",1)
	HPGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),15)
	!InParty(LastSeenBy(Myself))
	!Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
	CheckStatLT(Myself,75,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
	CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),50,MAGICDAMAGERESISTANCE)
	CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),76,RESISTMAGIC)
	!HasItemEquiped("RAKRING",LastSeenBy(Myself)) // No such index
	!HasItemEquiped("LICH",LastSeenBy(Myself)) // No such index
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobalTimer("SPL_CAST","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
		SpellRES("SPMI117",LastSeenBy(Myself)) // Transmute Steel To Bone
END

What do you think about the innate spell problem like Fennek linked to? Should BP series edit the spells to appropriate levels? I think the individual mods should be updated so that any party AI, installed or custom compiled would not have problems.

- King Diamond

#52 -talk2me-

-talk2me-

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure that these scripts are working correctly for me. They install ok, and the script hotkeys appear functional in game. However, for Imoen at least (using the FTM script), she doesn't make any use of hide or detect traps, and doesn't seem to want to try and backstab anything.

Am I doing it wrong? Any suggestions as to bugs?

Spoiler

Thanks!

#53 sol2101

sol2101
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Excuse for English. Where it is possible to take BPSeries v3.65? It is very necessary.

#54 sol2101

sol2101
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

:angry: :huh: :(

#55 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:53 AM

Here's the download page, for BPseries on this site. But apparently, the version you're looking for is quite old...
try googling around, perhaps you'll find it on some older websites

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg