Photo

Varshoon an illithid NPC

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

mmmmm i don't know if i'm late to give some suggestion for what i see your mod is almost finished and maybe my idead is bad or change your mod to much but i'm gonna say it the same:
Illithid are very powerfull and by playing with Jansen there were a one that could change is form in human so maybe he could transform like the Avatar of the <charname> from one form to an other and set like in city if he is in has Illithid form get attached as guard see him and maybe there could be also something intresting with the Crowled Wizzard to obtain to let Varshoon wolk free in every city.

But i have also the easly simply alternative he can just say by a dialogue that he let see his true form to the <charname> and with a spell all the othe see him like a human.

For me the idea of a character like your seem really good i would try it out

#22 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

But i have also the easly simply alternative he can just say by a dialogue that he let see his true form to the <charname> and with a spell all the othe see him like a human.

On the previous page I wrote that this is already in mod :P However thx!
I though of making a thing like "in city he looks as a human, in other places like an illithid", but I am still not sure of that... and I would have to check how to do that :P

Sure thing is that citizens have to see him as a normal human/elf etc. If I wrote it in different way... well, I would have to write a new dialogue for every creature in town, because I am sure that everybody would react like "Aaaa!" or "A monster!" and probably "An evil illithid! I have to slay him!". I don't imagine a different situation. I think that would steal a bit charnames spotlight and would be also boring after few talks...

#23 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

Sure thing is that citizens have to see him as a normal human/elf etc.

if u make him like an elf for the other there could be a 'funny' dialogue with the fool in the promenade near the exit so maybe if u make him look like human would be easy (i mean less dialogues)

give u good luck for the mod

#24 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

As I said, I am not sure if I will include this avatar change when in the city. We will see. Now mod is in proofreading state and I am focused on my other project... however, I just wanted to say that I still remember about this one ;)

#25 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

Some of the presented works is a feast for the eyes.
I agree with Kuylok though that you need a proofreader, and some preferably that has a lot of Fearun Lore - and thus familiar with terminology and the Illithid race.
For instance, the fact that the Underdark is divided into section or is not often referred to as the Lower Lands by its own inhabitants. For them it is home and rather call Fearun things like: The Realms Above or the Sunlit Realms.
Mammal is a perfect example though of how Illithid converse with other races.

Like MajorTomSawyer, I am not particular fond of an illithid travelling with <CHARNAME>. However, I still wish you the best of luck. It is an unique idea, and you seem to have put alot of time and effort into it.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#26 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thx! TotDG project was also proofread, now the english of that mod is much more better. I know that every mod written by me must be checked, but still I decided to write mods in english. If the proofreading wasn't a must, Varshoon SoA would already have been released. Well, what a determination, isn't it? :D Well, joking... I simply believe that my english will also improve by writing in this language.
Probably still there are many people who don't like the 'monster npc' idea... but maybe I used a wrong word... it's not a monster... It is a creature which do not respect lower races, but maybe a simple mammal can be given a respect... We will see! (PS. Respect doesn't mean a friendship :P)

#27 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:02 AM

If anyone is still interested, I released the beta version of Varshoon. Only SoA for now, but if there are people who likes this version, ToB will also be written :) Here is the link to Misc. Released Mods thread of Varshoon and here to download section.
I think that since that is no longer only a "idea", it is better to write there instead in this thread :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 21 October 2009 - 04:04 AM.

#28 Ghebast

Ghebast
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Holy... this looks amazing! I have the same concerns as a few others, mainly the ability to incorporate illithid thinking into the banter, and fitting him into the game well, but I see a lot of potential for this!

Don't take my opinion too seriously though, I just entered the modding community ;)

#29 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:11 AM

Good luck. I hope you do a better job at this then me. :cheers:

#30 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

Not a great fan of illithids and their looks and their ways of killing (Sucking a brain's intelligence to 0 to kill? No blood and gore??)

Interesting mod nonetheless! I start to wonder how would the voice-acting for this NPC be like.. He talks inside your brain afterall... Echoes? Hmm...
I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#31 Ebon

Ebon
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

Sorry, but I find it odd. Illithids appear too alien to me to be controllable by a human mind (the one from the mouse and keys), or work alongside the main character in any quest. I'd rather have them as nonjoinable NPCs who aren't the enemy.

Or have an Underdark campaign where none of your characters are surfacers. That should move things on, puny humans. :devil:

#32 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

Well, illithids are a bit... different kind of creatures. If you are currious how I wrote the mod, you can just download it :P it's in the Misc. Released Mods section... there is only SoA part for now but ToB one will also appear :P

#33 tomacatawata

tomacatawata
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

What's with all the negativity? I love the idea of a fully realized Illithid mod with him bantering with the other NPC's and interacting with other moddable characters and stuff. It sounds amazing. I wish you all the luck in the world.

#34 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

It's a promising mod and an interesting idea. I might have to try it sometime. :)
Left the modding forums