Photo

Item Pack v1.8

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Any chance that you'll be updating before IR3 gets released?

Cheers

#22 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Sorry, no deadlines.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#23 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Nah :) It was too much to hope for, I mean Christmass is done for know. I'll gladly look foreward to the next update :cheers:

#24 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

I know it sucks when a mod is updated with new content after you've barely started a heavily modded game, but I'd rather not make promises that I might not be able to keep.

Happy gaming. :cheers:

#25 -Item Pack Fan-

-Item Pack Fan-

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Let me know if you have more doubts regarding this.

Thanks for replying. I suspected there was some way to fix this, but I didn't know how. I guess your method will work just fine. Thanks.

That's pretty much Adjatha in short version, I'd rather not duplicate items. I know it's not the same, but Ilbratha and the Sword of Mask are already improved with other components.

Ok. I just haven't checked the last component yet.

I think I avoided adding the mind shield icon because it doesn't shield the character from other similar effects that affect the mind (hold, charm, stun, etc.), and I didn't want to create confusion (no pun intended. )

Yes, I perfectly understand your point, though Aeger's Hide only protects against confusion, but still displays the mind shield icon, so I thought so should the belt... though it doesn't really matter. Don't want to sound like a nitpicker :lol:

Probably because of specialization bonus, it adds an extra attack.

Hm... As far as I remember my char had 2 points in bows, but none in crossbows, so that doesn't explain it.

While I'd like for everyone to check all of the items in a single run, having the items dispersed makes for a better experience, IMO. They can be gotten early, but I'm not sure a low level party can take Deril and the lich very easily, and if they can, the bracers won't do much difference. What I'd really like is to enable Deril to make use of them (other than the cold resistance bonus), but my scripting abilities are currently nil.

Ok, I agree. I have SCS and I think it enables enemies to use their items, so it's not such a big problem for me.

Hmm, I'll check this out, though it's very likely that I assigned a certain look because I liked it better myself.

I just want to underline that it looks ok in an inventory slot, I only dislike the way it looks on a paperdoll.

Does he have the required Wisdom? I think UAI overcomes class restrictions, not attribute ones.

I used to think that UAI overcomes everything - class, alignment, race etc. though I'm unsure about attributes. I think it should overcome them too though, hence the name.

I'll be waiting for the next release. :)

#26 -v4lder-

-v4lder-

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hai Daulmakan, I have a request, could you put the stat increasing tomes in BG2 world into your item pack Mod?

This is my idea where you can find the tomes:
- tome of inteligent in planar sphere ( mage stronghold quest)
- tome of constitution in Nalia quest (in the golem room)
- tome of strength also in Nalia quest (in one of the bookshelf)
- tome of charisma in Paladin HQ
- tome of wisdom in Irenicus dungeon, and druid grove

I know that you can change the npc stat using shadowkeeper, but it fill more right this way.

#27 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

Hai Daulmakan, I have a request, could you put the stat increasing tomes in BG2 world into your item pack Mod?

This is my idea where you can find the tomes:
- tome of inteligent in planar sphere ( mage stronghold quest)
- tome of constitution in Nalia quest (in the golem room)
- tome of strength also in Nalia quest (in one of the bookshelf)
- tome of charisma in Paladin HQ
- tome of wisdom in Irenicus dungeon, and druid grove

I know that you can change the npc stat using shadowkeeper, but it fill more right this way.

Hi v4lder, there's already a mod that adds the tomes, here.

#28 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

This does too: natians enhanced BG2

#29 -v4lder-

-v4lder-

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

I have checked the two mods you guys suggested, the problem with their mods is I also need to install other part that I dont want.

#30 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

In nastians mod you can skip the other components and just say yes to adding the tomes...

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Heya, there are some typoed OR() scripts in 3 files in this mod, please consider them for the next version up :) Tried to attach fixed files here :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#32 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Heya, there are some typoed OR() scripts in 3 files in this mod, please consider them for the next version up :) Tried to attach fixed files here :P

Yep, can't see any use for those OR()s. Thanks for the report, will fix for next version. :)

#33 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

Serpent Ring

Should be wearable by thieves. Nalia can use it, but not Jan. Intended?

/Hans

#34 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

Serpent Ring

Should be wearable by thieves. Nalia can use it, but not Jan. Intended?

Nope, not intended. I had the mage/thief flag enabled (presumably that's why nalia can use it), but since Jan is an illusionist that's probably keeping him from using it. I'll add the illusionist flag to the ring for next version (if you have it, doing this in DLTCEP should enable Jan to use it in your current game). Thanks for the report. :)

#35 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

Item Pack has been updated to v1.3. Here's the changelog for the new version:

* Version 1.3:
- Added six new items to the main component: Keryvian (bastard sword), Blur Deck, Robe of the Watcher, Girdle of Labelas, and Scarab of Protection
- Added two items to the More Work for Cromwell component: Mauler?s Arm +4 & Reflection Shield +3
- Fixed an issue with the Shield Amulet, which was providing protection from Tutu's Magic Missile instead of regular BG2's
- Fixed an issue with the Serpent Ring, now Jan and other illusionist/thief characters can wear it too
- Fixed Mantooth's bonus against wizards, which weren't working because of the effects not being copied to the Override folder
- Fixed more compiling issues
- Removed some mistyped 'OR()'s conditions

#36 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thank You!! :clap: :cheers: :Tasty:

I will be installing the updated Item Pack on my Mega Mod I am currently installing! :new_thumbs:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#37 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

:cheers:

#38 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

Hi!

I got some troubles with

Chauntea's Vest
AC 4, immunity to Disease and Poison, automatically casts Cure Serious
Wounds when user is under 10% of total hit points

(v1.2)
I was fighting Irenicus, and Jaheira was wearing this armour. After defeating him I noticed Jaheira was continously getting healed - at least it was what the text in the bottom of the screen told me. This was happening repeatedly even taking the vest of didn't solve this bug. I don't know what triggered this situation: All that happened with Jaheira in the fight was that she was knocked unconsciouss (probably by a spell) and there was made this clone of her. So she wasn't even down in HP...

Hope you will look into this.

Cheers
Shaitan

#39 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

I got some troubles with

Chauntea's Vest
AC 4, immunity to Disease and Poison, automatically casts Cure Serious
Wounds when user is under 10% of total hit points

(v1.2)
I was fighting Irenicus, and Jaheira was wearing this armour. After defeating him I noticed Jaheira was continously getting healed - at least it was what the text in the bottom of the screen told me. This was happening repeatedly even taking the vest of didn't solve this bug. I don't know what triggered this situation: All that happened with Jaheira in the fight was that she was knocked unconsciouss (probably by a spell) and there was made this clone of her. So she wasn't even down in HP...

Hope you will look into this.

I'm not sure what the problem is, actually. Doing a quick test, getting knocked unconscious by vanilla Irenicus while wearing the armor does nothing out of the ordinary. What you describe is not vanilla behavior, what mod is it? SCSII Improved Irenicus? Tactics?

Can you reproduce the problem? That is, does it happen everytime you get knocked down and "copied"? Have you tried removing the armor from Jaheira just before getting attacked and putting it back on later? All the armor does is cast a spell when the trigger condition (<10% HP) is met, so it shouldn't do that in loop mode unless you kept getting low on health blazingly fast. Or something else screwing the trigger around (sorta like what it happens when creatures can't deliver their intended speech because of too much damage being inflicted on them).

Unless the problem persists in those conditions, I'm inclined to chalk this up to a hiccup in the engine.

#40 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

I'm not sure what the problem is, actually. Doing a quick test, getting knocked unconscious by vanilla Irenicus while wearing the armor does nothing out of the ordinary. What you describe is not vanilla behavior, what mod is it? SCSII Improved Irenicus? Tactics?

I'm using SCSII

Can you reproduce the problem? That is, does it happen everytime you get knocked down and "copied"? Have you tried removing the armor from Jaheira just before getting attacked and putting it back on later?

I tried that yes and I had no troubles. I reloaded thrice and every time it did the same. I assumed that the troubles had something to do with being unconscious...

Unless the problem persists in those conditions, I'm inclined to chalk this up to a hiccup in the engine.

might well be a hiccup.